• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Satau, Melee/Brawl - Burnaby BC, Canada. November 8th/ 08

unityole

Smash Lord
Melee/Brawl and possibly SSB64 tournament, single day. Saturday 8th of November. Pizza will be provided at a cost of $5. There are also other food choices on campus, sushi, japanese food, donair, coffee shop and subway etc. Registration will begin at as early as 10:00 AM, doubles tourney will begin no later than 11:00 AM, please don't be late.

Events:
Main Events
Melee Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Melee Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
SSB 64 FFA - $5 / person, 5 stocks. (pizza included)

Possible/ Side Events
Melee Low Tiers - $5 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Melee Crews - $5 / person, 20 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.
Melee Falcon Only - $5 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
SSB 64 Singles - $5 / person, best of 3, 5 stocks.
SSB 64 Doubles - $5 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks.
Brawl Crews - $5 / person, 15 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.

All events are seeded through location/skills level, double elimination, items off. POT split % 55/25/10/ while 10 percent helps hosting the room. (events with very few entrants will be 70/30 split)

Rules:
General Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, all match starts with a neutral stage.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
- Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
- Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.
- All team tournies, life stealing is allowed.

Melee and Brawl:
- Entrants for Melee & Brawl need to bring their own controller.
- For Melee, rules under first page of BC Canada Thread.
- For Brawl, SBR.

SSB64:
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom and Sector Z due to cloud, piller and edge camps.
- FFAs, top 2 of each round will advance while the bottom 2 enters loser's bracket, and so on. Stage Dreamland, Peach's Castle and Jungle Congo. Bouns: Polygon/Metal Mario stage
- Controllers will be provided for 64.

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Tournament will take place in engineering lounge just like all the other time.

UPDATES

Players confirmed
*means unconfirmed
Blue Yoshi
Bruce
Bwmat
Byuusan
Canadian*Sniper
Cedrick
Chocolate Thunda
Clouderz
Cowear
D-day
Daltsy
Darkbiohazard
Daze
Dieslow
FBM
Firestorm
firexemblemxpryde
Howard
JosephSison
KuroiNeko
Lib3r4t3
*Link2man22
Liverymen
MarioMaster2005
Meta - BDay
MrLegend
MSC
Nathan9914
Natrax
Patooty
Rampage
Schultzz
*Silverdrop
Sion
Spacefalcon
Stephen
Supertramp
- and a friend
Talking_Chicken
Trozz
*Twilightshadow
unityole
x__x
- and 4 buddies
xXx_NoobKing_xXx

Equipments Confirmation
SFU - N64 setup + 2 TVs + RF switch
Canadian*Sniper - TV + Brawl/Melee setup
xXx_NoobKing_xXx - TV + Melee setup
Victoria group - 3 TVs + 2 Wiis
Talking_Chicken - TV + Melee setup
Firestorm - Brawl setup + laptop
Rampage - Melee setup
Meta - *TV + Melee/Brawl setup
*Lib3r4t3 - Melee setup
*Bwmat - TV + Melee/Brawl setup

ps. My cell number is 604 722 7798, call/pm for more info.
Anyone up for Dota/CS/SC?

dieslow

Smash Ace
LOL i barely beat him, kid got like 2x better since.

R.I.P. @ getting 1st place at any large brawl tournament in BC =[

unityole

Smash Lord
I got a friend jay5 coming from alberta and he ***** in all 3 games..
why is people from alberta so good at smashes?

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
I'll come unless something comes up. My brawl data was erased so I'll have to work on unlocking all the vs modes, fighters, and stages again -.- TV, wii, and game comes with me.

I'll do brawl singles and SSB64 ffa >: D

unityole

Smash Lord
Get Gimpyfish to come.
i'll try lol. Get jeff and james to come? =D

I may go. I've got a friend who I haven't seen in a while who'll be around Abbotsford that weekend, so don't count me in just yet.
also, please bring the victoria crew =O, no chance to speak or even see them for the past couple of tournies, missed em man!

Count me in, and don't seed me terribley :p
seed random ftw?

Someone has contact to hershiel? and gerald? those guys are like oldschool, havent seen them since SFU 6 ish.

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
also, please bring the victoria crew =O, no chance to speak or even see them for the past couple of tournies, missed em man!
Matt can't really bring us with him seeing as he lives mainland for the time being. Count me in though, and I'll try and grab some of the other guys for sure.

unityole

Smash Lord
k I kept on forgetting to ask rampage about hershel and gerald's email but, WHATS GOING ON HERE?
I am seriously LOOKING very hard, VERY HARD to try to find more players. this is a tournament, YES but also for lots of fun games. you dont have to enter events to play, since THERE IS NO VENUE FEE, and theres always chance to play friendlies. for people that didn't post here but will show up, PLEASE post and say something like "confirm me, im showing up", even if you're the regulars.

this is another way to attract more people, especially the NONE regulars/ new players. people might believe that as long as they show up its fine, but no one knows that. just like how one time we had 7 TVs but only 4 setups since no one said anything, they just assumed everything.

so, do put in a little extra effort and make a quick post, say that you're coming, not coming, or unsure so others (in this case, me/new players) will at least know the size of this tournament, thank you.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Every time I say I'll go, I don't make it. But this time I have no excuse not to go (Well that was for smashfests though.)

Yeah I remember having 7 of those T.V's it was the only time I brought one to a tourney and DRAGGED it there. Then nobody played on it lol >:

unityole

Smash Lord
Every time I say I'll go, I don't make it. But this time I have no excuse not to go (Well that was for smashfests though.)

Yeah I remember having 7 of those T.V's it was the only time I brought one to a tourney and DRAGGED it there. Then nobody played on it lol >:
THANK YOU ROBY, i'll put you down as unconfirmed and we'll talk about it somemore at the fest, hopefully you can make it.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Confirm me. Let's get some people coming out to this -- has Washington been invited?

You should make a total at the bottom of the first post.

Still awaiting reply from: Crackhead, Patooty, AIDS, Fox Machine, Genesis FTW, etc. Send out a private email to these people.

Finally, why on earth is it called SFU Satan? Do I really want to come to something called that >.> ?

unityole

Smash Lord
Confirm me. Let's get some people coming out to this -- has Washington been invited?

You should make a total at the bottom of the first post.

Still awaiting reply from: Crackhead, Patooty, AIDS, Fox Machine, Genesis FTW, etc. Send out a private email to these people.

Finally, why on earth is it called SFU Satan? Do I really want to come to something called that >.> ?

i dont have their email but, you meant private messeges right?
yea i'll send them i guess, i'll try to invite but its impossible for me to do all the work since ALMSOT everyone are like "i'll come if so and so comes" which nobody is confirmed. people need to be firm and give a straight answer more than jsut a maybe, or might etc

Top Bottom