• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game Table 9/27 Results Thread

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Here are the results:

Brawl Doubles:

1: We not cheap (BUM + jesus)
2: Antimints (minty + anti)
3: Ryan and Doowop (ryank + doowop)
4: Metagay (godot + daiandoh)
5: Big Apple 3 A.M. (dj + alukard)
5: Out for blood (rafa + wes)
7: Adelphi (joe + john)
7: team waaaoooh (vec + god)
9: DVDA (rick + matt)
9: Team (devin + A.C.E.)
9: Polish Pounders (sorto + polak)
9: Team Stalin (CPU + beast)
13: Knights (god + matt)
13: Cheesy glicks (ch33z + glick)
13: Bob (jarret + matthew)
13: Zombie cheese doodles (bobby + alex)
17: Nick and Ref (nick + ref)

Brawl Singles:

1: Jesus (Split)
1: BUM (Split)
3: Beast
4: Godot
5: Minty
5: Cyber
7: Blaze
7: Kubuu
9: ZSnake
9: Polak
9: MK40
9: Sorto
13: Dosis
13: CPU
13: Dak
13: Anti
17: Rafa
17: Wes
17: A.C.E.
17: Ch33z
17: Devin
17: Horseduty
17: Lettuce
17: Rao
25: Doowop
25: Glick
25: Akean
25: MattR
25: Marcus
25: Mind
25: Paul
33: Ref
33: God
33: Nick
33: Saint

Melee Doubles:

1: We Match (Jesus + AlejandroP)
2: Gmoney and HBK (Gmoney + HBK)
3: Razz (Reno + Hazz)
4: Big Apple 3 A.M. (DJ Nintendo + Alukard)
5: Ryan K is Queer (Jsex + Nick Z)
5: RickRoll (Robert + Nick)
7: I'm not really creative (God + Dai And Oh)

Melee Singles:

1: HBK (Split)
1: Reno (Split)
1: Jesus (Split)
4: RyanK
5: Gmoney
5: Hazz
7: Nick Z
7: Dai And Oh
9: DJ
9: Dak
9: Doo wop
9: Ref
13: Alukard
13: God
13: Prog
13: SCAT
17: Jsex
17: Lawl

Thanks everyone for coming. Unfortunately we had a few people drop because they had to leave. The tournament could have went by faster if we had more setups. Bring more setups next time!

The default pot splitting was 70/20/10. $5 to enter, you do the math, lol.

52 people. :)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
First post because first is the place I wanted. I got last though. Except in Melee... got 9th.

Shout outs :

Eli - Good job running the tourney, Fun friendly matches too...

Bum - Nice Money Matches, your Marth is really good

Znake - Nice teaming with you in friendlies

Nick - Thanks for entering with me, Keep practicing

DooWop - Nice Luigi in Melee

Jman - I don't think anything can justify what happened to your controller.

RyanK - YOUR CHAINGRAB IS FRAME PERFECT... Good friendlies

Sorto - Nice seeing you there again

Polak - Nice seeing you there again too

A.C.E - Same as well Nice seeing you there

Devin - Nice olimar.

Kubuu - Sorry about my Corneria healing tactic.

Anyone else who played me in anyone one of the games - It was fun.

My Ness does not deserve Last place in brawl... I'll make that up this october 18th at the NYC h Monthlies. Going for 3rd... My Ness is too good for last.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Good **** Everyone Shout Outs

Minty - Good **** in teams we just met up and the same day we got 2nd in brawl doubles pretty good if you ask me. :)

Vec - Haha your luigi is a nightmare good stuff

Bum - goooood **** on brawl doubles i had so many tournament matches with you lol.

Jman - also good to see a DDD player. made me switch to my DDD too.

DooWop - Gooood stuff in doubles ;)

Fyist - YOU DIDNT SHOW UP WE WERE SUPPOSED TO MONEY MATCH

Ryan - goood stuff in doubles too.

Eli - AWESOME TOURNAMENT.

Black Guy Who Was At The Counter - GOOD **** ON SERVING ME SOME PIZZA

Well thats all i can remember for now awesome tournament :)

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I didn't see your Brawl Ness, but I'm sure it does. I was that Sheik you played in Melee singles.

And Eli, I'm also the Andrew in Metagay, but I'm sure you knew that, just not what was written in results.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
That was my first time playing melee in like two months and your Sheik is really good.

I had a Bye and that's how I got 9th in melee... Should of gotten last if you ask me. Everyone was so much better than me...

Oh yea that reminds me

Marth guy downstairs in the corner - good friendlies, I'm so bad at melee compared to you.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
man its was fun until it started to go by very slow....

glad i saw some NY faces and some other friends

bum we have to team one of these days just so i have an easier chance to win....><

n gl to y'all who are gonna go out to NYC on the 18th

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
That was my first time playing melee in like two months and your Sheik is really good.

I had a Bye and that's how I got 9th in melee... Should of gotten last if you ask me. Everyone was so much better than me...

Oh yea that reminds me

Marth guy downstairs in the corner - good friendlies, I'm so bad at melee compared to you.
Dude you showed up. That's better then my first round opponent already :laugh:.

And I just realized, major props for the Tessie avatar.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
1: Jesus (Split) dedede/metaknight??
1: BUM (Split) DK
3: Beast - Diddy Kong/Snake
4: Godot - metaknight
5: Minty - Marth/Rob
5: Cyber - lucario/ someone else against me
7: Blaze - mario/snake/wolf against me
7: Kubuu -

doubles was like dk, metaknight, rob, game n watch, and a few others

pretty much characters from the higher tiers

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
1: Jesus (Split) dedede/metaknight??
1: BUM (Split) DK
3: Beast - Diddy Kong/Snake
4: Godot - metaknight
5: Minty - Marth/Rob
5: Cyber - lucario/ someone else against me
7: Blaze - mario/snake/wolf against me
7: Kubuu -

doubles was like dk, metaknight, rob, game n watch, and a few others

pretty much characters from the higher tiers
I used Peach in the first match. I only didn't use Sonic because of MK.

R3N0

Smash Lord
da mnit everyone is commenting on the brawl part.. GO MELEE ><

Alukard

Smash Hero
get at me and dj beasting with ike and bowser

i wish i would have recorded those matches .... *sigh* my ike is the best in the world no johns america lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
No Melee for Bum?
too rusty ... i can tell with his amazingly hacked brawl lol ... freaking music in that ***** was SEXY i wish i could do that for melee .... omfg someone hack melee for wii so we can do this **** lol ... ****in beast *** heavy metal on FD <3

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I definitely agree. People have different kinds of rustiness, as stupid as that sounds lol. Its still true story.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
good stuff everyone. paid for melee singles, but left to go to parents' 39th anniversary dinner. hopefully i'll be able to do more than friendlies for like 30 minutes next time im in mineola.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Ok guys.... I have an idea and I want some feedback on it....

There was something a little sad about this tourney. I mean, it was an awesome tourney and stuff... but nobody brought a TV. Nobody. The 3 HDTV's upstairs were the Game Table's, and the TV all the way in the back upstairs was also a spare TV from the Game Table.

For Melee, I brought my TV, and Gmoney ended up bringing the other 3 TV's.

Ok, another thing... Nobody brought a Gamecube. I brought one, and Gmoney brought 2.

Thanks to Godot, Bum, and C4 for bringing their Wii with Brawl, and DJ for randomly having a copy of Melee so I could use it with my Wii downstairs.

So if you were wondering why the tournament began going slow towards the end.... it was because of the setups. Well that's one of the main reasons, anyway.

-----------------------------------------

Ok, now for my IDEA ;)

I'm not gonna whine and be like "bring more setups"... instead I'm gonna try something.

How about a Crew Battle tournament? We wouldn't need as many setups for that. We wouldn't be doing doubles and singles for each game. It would be one event... Crew Battle tournament.

If somehow we end up having more than enough time for that, I might add Low Tier Doubles OR Singles for one of the games or something. That's not really that important right now....

However, the Crew Battle thing interests me... so let me know what you think about that.

It would be run through TIO brackets as well, and it would just be crews playing each other and thats it. If you're interested in that, also let me know what style of crew battle you'd prefer.

If we have another tournament the same way as last time, I would NEED more setups or you would NEED to expect to wait around for a while between matches. My hands would be tied. Looking forward to some feedback.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Crew BATTLES sounds very fun im going to have to be in a crew i guess :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
and about the set up things. i would definetly bring my wii with brawl but i heard what happened to mew2kings wii. (got stolen) puts me down hard.

R3N0

Smash Lord
crew battles take longest to set up, however, go the fastest. its not even worth it. especially for melee b/c not enough people show up for a good amount of crews.

like there is no way getting around "not enough setups" and crews is great as a side event.

but not main event. its lame =p cuz ppl who dont have a crew wont enjoy it!!!

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
crew battles take longest to set up, however, go the fastest. its not even worth it. especially for melee b/c not enough people show up for a good amount of crews.

like there is no way getting around "not enough setups" and crews is great as a side event.

but not main event. its lame =p cuz ppl who dont have a crew wont enjoy it!!!
Yea you are right about Melee not having enough people. That sucks. But if anything I could still do Melee like normal and just do Brawl Crews instead of Brawl Doubles/Singles.

But I can't do a Melee tourney without enough setups. We wouldn't need as many setups for Melee as brawl though because of the amount of people, thats why I wanna make the setups even with Brawl Crews.

Plus you don't have to be part of some "official" crew to enter. If more people showed up for Melee, that would work out fine. But I can't do anything about it, especially if the only person bringing **** is Gmoney.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Gmoney brings so many melee set-ups lol. but yeah melee was a bit dead brawl crews is what people would be a bit more interested in.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Brawl draft crew battles sounds nice. I don't like the idea of low tier tourneys for brawl.

Melee set ups were really needed.

Switching between games is hard, so I would put a pretty big break between melee and brawl tourneys.

If you choose to no longer do Melee tourneys, Melee should still be there to play.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
mew2kings **** only gets stolen because he never watches his stuff and he's not very smart with that kind of stuff. You don't have to be a hawk but I mean be logical. Most of the time when **** gets stolen its cuz the tv is someone's and they leave so someone finds a random wii and takes it. If you have it hooked up to either gordon's tv(he usually leaves mad late) or game table (I don't think they plan on leaving the store) you shouldn't have a problem. also label your ****

I usually bring a gc but as gordon knows mine doesn't work anymore sorry eli :(

I might do brawl crews even though i hate singles just cuz crews is too good.

melee crews is a def. go

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
i wanna give props to my boy Beast at 3rd place good stuff. Also Um even tho i wasnt there cause it had to be my stupid grandmas 80th bday give some props for c4 picking up dj and bum and some others. i was planning on going and will be at the next one eli.

shout outs:
Beast
C4
Freak

also bum i know ur dk is nasty but i really wanna play it.. next time :)

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Ill probably be at the next one, kinda disappointed I couldn't show up this time. Brawl crews sound awesome.

Bum and Wes why no melee???

GodotAA

Smash Ace
if you used mario again you had a better chance of beating me. thats a personal match up thing. Ive had to play so many snakes at the weeklies when i first got there i got used to them, and i play wolf.

Top Bottom