• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raving Radishes - A guide on Turnips and the wonderful things you can do with them

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
My titles are top tier
Anyone who wants to remind me that radishes are merely a relative of the actual turnip clearly know too much and shall be desposed of as I see fit

That's out the way. Now, I haven't really done a right lot contribution wise to the Peach Boards and I fancied writing another guide (again). This guide will be simply based around Peach's Turnips (duh :p) and all the wonderful things you can do with them. Glide Tossing, Free pull, all the random junk Peach can pull out of the ground...you name it. It'll be in here (or hopefully it will be).

What gives me the right to write these guides? Not a right lot really...no one else has made them so yea :laugh: It's always nice to have information bundled up, especially new people who don't have a clue what D Tilt --> Sliding Turnip pull can do

That being said, I do not claim that I know everything (I'm human, of course I don't) and nor that I am an expert on Turnips (paticularly B sticking techs). I therefore ask for others to offer help/contribution towards this guide. We all want to be better Peach players. Any videos people may have would be hugely appreciated as actually watching something being done is better than spewing a load of text about it at people.

If you are going to test something PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it in Vs Mode and not in Training mode. Training mode works slightly differently to Vs mode in that things deal different damage. Yes this is going to be a huge hassle if we are testing damage but it will hopefully be worth it if our results are more accurate

Right I'm done. Yea I know I don't half ramble on

Edit: This guide may take some time to complete (all guides do) I do have a real life which is much more important than my Smashboards life. I'll do my best to update things and get it finished

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Contents:
1. The basics of Turnips
2. Using Turnips
3. Using Turnips in a match - Basic
4. Using Turnips in a match - Advanced
5. Advanced Techniques associated with Turnips
6. Using Turnips in a match - Using Advanced Techniques
7. Baiting with Turnips
8. Random Pulled Items - How to use and apply them to the battle
a) Random Pulled Items - The Beam Sword
b) Random Pulled Items - The Bob-omb
c) Random Pulled Items - Mr. Saturn
d) Random Pulled Items - The Stitchface

9. B Sticking and Turnips
10. Turnip Statistics - Which Turnip does what
11. Turnip Pressure - Dark.Pch style
12. Turnip aproachs/combos/follow ups etc.
13. Final words
14. Turnip Q&A

1. The basics of Turnips

By using your Down + Special move, Peach will crouch down on the ground, stick her hands in the ground and pull up a Vegetable (a Turnip to be specific). The Turnip is a projectile. It works the same way a Capsule or a Freezie works in that it can be carried around with you and thrown at any time you wish. The terrain of the stage does not matter. Peach can use her Turnip pull no matter where she is. As long as you have ground beneath your feet and empty hands, Peach can pull up a Turnip.

You are restricted to one Turnip in your hand, like with items. However, there is no limit to how many Turnips you can pull out during a match. Whether you pull out none or pull out 1086142 Turnips is entirely your choice

2. Using Turnips

As mentioned above, the Turnip is projectile. However, unlike Mario's Fireballs or Link's arrows which can be fired and that's it, Peach's Turnips are much more similar to using an item. The purpose of a Turnip is to be thrown, like an item.

Peach's throwing is not the best being the dainty princess that she is. Turnips are not a very good long range projectile like Samus' missiles for example. However, Turnips are incredibly versatile in that you can throw them where ever and whenever you like. Just like an item. You can throw on the ground and in the air. You can stand still and throw them, jump up and throw, throw them whilst dashing...you cannot however throw a Turnip whilst Floating (more on that later on)

To throw a Turnip, simply press the Attack button. That's all there really is to it. If you want to throw the Turnip with a bit of extra force, then Tap the desired direction and press the attack button, like you would do for a Smash attack (if you're using the Gamecube controller, you can use the C Stick like you would for instant Smash attacks to throw Turnips with extra force

So now we know how to pull up a Turnip and throw it. But how exactly can Turnips be used to their full strength?

3. Using Turnips in a match - Basic

Knowing what Turnips are is great but using them in an actual match is even better.
Pulling up a Turnip takes around 1 second. Once you've finished, you can throw the Turnip whenever you like at your opponent. If a Turnip connects, it will do damage (this is dependant on what kind of Turnip you have which will be covered later).

Example
Peach vs Mario
Peach pulls up a Turnip using her Down Special
Peach presses the Attack button and throws it at Mario
The Turnip hits Mario - Mario takes damage

As mentioned before, Peach does not have a fantastic throw. Sometimes it is much better to pick up a Turnip and hold onto it until you can throw the Turnip at a good time

Example
Peach vs Bowser
Peach and Bowser are fighting, both very close to each other
Bowser is knocked away
Peach pulls up a Turnip
Bowser agressivly runs at Peach
Peach dodges and gets some distance at Bowser
Peach throws a Turnip at Bowser
Bowser gets hit and takes damage

It's not always good idea to instantly throw a Turnip you're holding. A missed Turnip means you have potentially wasted a lot of time and effort pulling up and throwing the Turnip

Turnips can be very effective at gimping (stopping/interfereing) recovery. This is very useful against characters who have big 2nd jumps or linear/poor 3rd jumps (mainly Up + B recovery)

Example
Peach vs Captain Falcon
Peach has got Captain Falcon off the stage. Falcon's priority is now recovery from the side
Peach could go for an aerial or grab onto the ledge. A Fair would be the best option but that would mean jumping/floating whilst Falcon is using his Up + B. If Falcon's Up + B should connect with Peach, she'll be blown away and Falcon can easily get back onstage and gain the upper hand
Peach instead pulls up a Turnip. She throws it off stage
The Turnip hits Falcon. This interrupts his 3rd jump
Falcon recovers from his hitstun and uses his 3rd jump again...
..but it's no use. He's too far away to grab onto the ledge
Falcon dies

As far as edgeguarding goes, mindlessly spamming Turnips off the edge isn't always the best option. By all means use more than one but aim your throws carefully. One turnip hitting is better than five turnips missing

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
4. Using Turnips in a match - Advanced

Once you've got the hang of pulling up Turnips and throwing them at people, you can start to use them more effectively.

Throwing a Turnip is all well and good but simply standing where you whilst throwing the Turnip won't get you very far, especially if the enemy is not nearby. This is where mobilty whilst using Turnips kicks in and the versatility of Turnips gives you many options.
Peach has excellent aerials, so most of the time it's not the best idea to stay grounded. The same goes for Turnips. Whilst throwing them in the air takes a little longer to begin than throwing them on the ground (and the Turnips don't admittedly go as far), gaining height inevitably increases the distance it is thrown and gives you freedom of air mobility much quicker afterwards. Not only that, Turnips can interrupt on coming aerial attackers

Example
Peach vs Luigi
Peach pulls up a Turnip. Luigi jumps up, ready to start things off by hitting Peach with an aerial
Peach jumps back and throws the Turnip at the airborne Luigi
Luigi gets hit - he falls back down to the ground - his attempt at an aerial has failed

As mentioned before, Turnips can be thrown like items. This includes throwing them as a dash attack

Example
Peach vs Ike
Peach pulls up a Turnip - Ike charges at Peach intending to dash attack her
Peach runs and throws the Turnip before Ike's dash attack has initiated
Ike gets hit - his dash attack has failed. Peach can now space her self or get in close

Something that most people do not realise is that Peach can throw Turnips out of her sheild. This effectively allows you to block whatever is coming your way and immediatly retaliate with something that has a bit more range than say a Nair. Or you can use it to bait people into charging at you and throwing the Turnip a them whilst they're running towards you

Example
Peach vs Samus
Peach pulls up a Turnip. Samus charges at her
Peach puts up her sheild. Samus uses a dash attack
The dash attack hits Peach's sheild. Peach presses the attack button
The Turnip hits Samus - Peach can now follow up with another move (e.g. a grab)

Turnips are excellent edgeguarding tools. Whilst repeatedly pulling up Turnips and throwing them isn't always a good idea, it certainly can work in situations like this

Peach vs Link
Peach has got Link off the edge. Link's priority is now to recover
Peach moves slightly and positions her self so that the thrown Turnip will just graze the edge and fly off the stage
Link uses his Up + B. He manages to cling onto the stage...
...but is knocked off by the barrage of Turnips Peach is throwing. Link now has to recover again. Peach keeps chucking Turnips

If timed correctly, you can keep pelting your opponents off the edge, even to the point where it gimps their recovery completely. However, better players or characters with better recovery will eventually find a way around this. On the other hand, you can normally rack up a fair amount of damage when your opponent is trying to recover

That covers the majority of the simple stuff. Now to move onto more complex things. This next section shall include various AT's with Turnips and what they can lead to. B Sticking techs shall be covered later in the guide

5. Advanced Techniques associated with Turnips

Glide Tossing

How to Perform: Initiate any roll by holding the Sheild button and pressing either left or right while holding an item (in this case a Turnip), then throw the item before the roll animation begins. You can use the C-stick to throw the item in any of the four cardinal directions instead of just pressing A for a forward throw.
Effect: Peach slides in the direction of the would-be roll and tosses the item. This gives you incredible approaching and retreating abilities whilst throwing a Turnip. Distance traveled differs based on character and several other factors. See this thread for info on Glide Tossing distance http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172861

Z Dropping

How to perform: This isn't really an Advanced Technique but I reckon it's still good to point it out as another tech involves it. Simply press the grab button (Z on the GC controller) whilst in the air. You MUST NOT be inputting any movement at this point or you will throw the Turnip in that direction.
Z Dropping is simply letting go of the item (hence the Dropping). It is very subtle but the Turnip is 'dropped' very weakly and slowly.

Z Dropping with an Air Dodge

How to Perform: There is a way to Z Drop and Air Dodge at the same. You have to input an Air Dodge and then press the attack button almost at exactly at the same time. Technically, using Sheild in the air makes you air dodge and pressing Sheild + Attack makes you grab (same as the Z button...this is the only explanation I can come up with :p)
That's all. You simply Z Drop and Air dodge at the same time

Down Tilt Turnip Slide

How to Perform: First, initiate Peach's Down Tilt (Strong attack to those who bothered to read the manual). Do you see how Peach attacks infront and then slides back to where she was originally crouching? There is a way to abuse this slide.
Peach's Down Tilit attack technically finishes before Peach slides back to her original crouching position. This means that whilst her sliding back animation is happening, you can perform something whilst gaining the slide. In this case, it's Turnips.
Perform a Down Tilt and when Peach has finished sweeping the floor with her hand and is moving back, use Turnip Pull. If done correctly, Peach will slide backwards AND pull up a Turnip. You'll know if you've done it right because you'll see Peach slides back furthur than where she was originally crouching.
The timing is difficult, but I've found that in order to get the most significant slide, you have to initiate Down Special just when Peach's arm is moving back to her side and the slide begins.

Stalled Foxtrot Dash Attack Turnip Throw

How to Perform: Like a Fox Trot (simply tap the way you want to go without holding on to dash forward just a bit) Dash attack but instead of immediatly pressing the attack button, wait a bit. You'll see Peach screech on the ground to stop her self and then come to a complete halt. If you initiate a dash attack during this stopping animation, Peach will suddenly go into and Dash attack and throw the Turnip

Turnip Edge Slide

How to Perform: Whilst dashing, if you pull up a Turnip, you can slide some distance because you keep some of the momentum from your dash. This allows you do to a Turnip pull but sliding slightly. You can use this just as you are about to fall off the edge of a platform/the stage. This will cancel all the ending lag of pulling up a Turnip because you are now in the air. Useful for quickly pulling Turnips up when running off a platform

These are the most useful non B sticking AT's you will need when playing as Peach, paticularly Glide Tossing. Now let's try applying them to a match

6. Using Turnips in a match - Using Advanced Techniques

I'll start off with Glide Tossing. Currently, all you've been able to do is throw a Turnip standing still or in the air. Glide Tossing allows you to slide across the stage whilst throwing the Turnip. It's basically an advanced way of doing a dash attack but gives you more range and less ending lag

Example:
Peach vs Ike
Peach pulls up a Turnip
Peach Glide Tosses the Turnip at Ike.
The Turnip hits Ike
Because Peach Glide Tossed the Turnip, she is now close enough to follow up with a Dash attack or Grab

If you do a retreating Glide Toss, you can space yourself enough to pull up another Turnip without getting punished

The great about Glide Tossing is that it helps Peach's approach. If performed correctly, it's a fast, easy way to get up close to your opponent and do something to them whilst they suffer from hitstun/sheildsturn of the Turnip
You can Glide Toss Turnips in all 4 directions. (Using the C Stick to Glide Toss Turnips is much much easier) You can throw sliding reverse Turnips, throw Turnips upwards whilst sliding across the stage to put constant pressure on your opponents falling back down onto the stage or just get in close for jabs and grabs

Having said that, you must not rely on Glide Tossing. Normal Turnip throwing is equally important. Which brings us onto a Stalled Fox Trot Dash attack Turnip throw. Basically, this stalls the time your dash attack (Turnip throw) comes out

Example
Peach vs Charizard
Peach pulls up a Turnip. Charizard is playing defensivly and is waiting for an opening to hit Peach.
Peach continually Fox trots towards Charizard
Peach waits for a bit then Fox trots again. Charizard is close enough to attack. Charizard goes for a dash attack...
...but has been tricked by Peach who is just reaching the end of her Fox trot animation. She throws the Turnip in a dash attack style
Charizard gets hit

This can be highly situational but it's always good to throw it in now and then

Something which can be performed by all characters is the Z Dropping (explained above) of items. Since Peach can pull up 'items' at her will, it is important to learn how to use this effectively.
As I explained earlier, Z Dropping is very simply letting go of the item your holding. It is slow yet sutble. I find it great for tricking an enemy who tries to hit me from below, only to find a they get hit by a Turnip which leaves them vunerable to more attacks.
Another type of Z Dropping is with an air dodge (explained above). This effectively lets you drop a Turnip and air dodge at the same. Sounds great right? It's excellent to surprise agressive aerial attackers.
If you're feeling really technical, you can Z Drop and then immediatly perform an aerial after it. This is very useful if you want to perform an aerial but you have aTurnip in your hand

Example
Peach vs Sonic
Peach has managed to get Sonic offstage and he has been forced to use his Up + B
Peach is in the air and is holding a Turnip. Throwing a Turnip at Sonic to try and gimp him would be useless as his Up + B allows him to recover from great distances. A Turnip would only allow him to recover furthur
Peach uses Z Dropping. This causes her to drop the Turnip. She then immediatly performs a Fair. This causes her to recatch the Turnip
Sonic gets hit by the much more powerful Fair rather than by a Turnip

A slightly more complex AT is that involving Down Tilt (as explained above). It's difficult to master but can be very useful for getting out the way of enemy attacks

Example
Peach vs Marth
Peach attempts a Down Tilt. Marth rolls out the way
Marth sees that Peach is still in Down Tilt animation. He charges at her with a dash attack...
...but Peach, who has taken advantage of the Down Tilt slideback, has pulled up a Turnip and slides backwards.
Marths dash attack has missed. Peach can now Glide Toss a Turnip at him and follow up with a jab/grab

The Down Tilt AT is highly situational, but every hit counts and it's great for a surprise/follow up from a Down Tilt

7. Baiting with Turnips

So far, all we have been using is things that mainly hitting your opponents with Turnips. They're a projectile, they're meant to hit.
However, unlike other item style projectiles, you have an infinite supply of them. This means you don't have to be too conserving of your Turnips, you don't have to concentrate on hitting someone with a Turnip. This leads into various tricks, baiting techniques and mind games. A Turnip does not always need to hit your opponent for it to be useful.

Example
Peach vs Ike
Ike is at a very high percent. Peach grabs him and throws him up
Ike now has the problem of landing back on the stage
Peach pulls up a Turnip. She follows Ike/Glide Tosses a Turnip upwards
Ike airdodges so he doesn't get hit by a Turnip...
...but now has after lag of air dodging. Peach takes advantage of this and Uairs him
Ike dies

It's tricks like these that can knock a stock off even the most skilled of players. They aren't hard to pull off. It's all about predicting your opponents reaction and taking advantage of it. This is a general rule to fighting in Smash Bros, not just for Turnips

Example
Peach vs Bowser
Peach pulls up a Turnip and makes an agressive looking jump towards Bowser
Bowser sheilds, expecting an Aerial Thrown Turnip
Instead, Peach fast falls to land and Glide Toss the Turnip at Bowser
Peach can now follow up with a grab

8. Random Pulled Items - How to use and apply them to the battle

Picture this. You're halfway through an intense battle. You've just got lucky and got your opponent far away enough to safely press Down + B. Your opponent is charging at you with a dash attack - you roll behind him and throw you recently plucked Turnip...
...which proceeds to cause a giant explosion, sending your opponent flying into the death zones. GAME! - wait, what?

On more than one occasion you may have noticed that Peach does not pull up Turnips all the time from the ground. Everytime you activate Peach's Down Special, you have a chance to pull up a completely different item to that of a Turnip. You can either get:

• A Beam Sword

• A Bob-omb

• A Mr. Saturn

• A deadly type of Turnip known as The Stitchface
This is COMPLETELY RANDOM. Exact numbers are that you have a 1/58 chance to pull up one of the 4 (including Stitchface) items when activating your Down Special. It does not matter if items are turned off. You still have a 1/58 chance of pulling something different up regardless of that.

Now that's out of the way...let's get onto something more important - namely, what do you do with these bizzare items? If you're Glide Tossing around like a maniac on rollerblades, it's very easy to accidently throw these items away. Alternatly, if you're playing a friendly fight, you can throw these items away and continue your battle. Or, you can use them to your advantage

8. a) Random Pulled Items - The Beam Sword

Our first item is the Beam Sword, a long blue lightsaber that you will be familiar with if you've ever played with items on. And Jedi Peach has a chance of plucking it out of the ground.

The Beam Sword is different to it's Melee version. It's increased in size and it's also got a huge range compared to the one in Melee. The Melee Beam Sword was purple - the Brawl Beam Sword is blue. I'm unsure which kills earlier due to the different physics and also because I can't remember...I'll have to test that.

When you first pluck up a Beam Sword (assuming you don't throw it away) you'll notice that Peach handles the sword very oddly indeed and does not use it to it's full length.

Stunted Beam Sword statistics:

Jab: 4%, Point Blank: 5%
Tilt: 7%
Smash: 12% uncharged, 15% fully charged
KO: -

At first, the Beam Sword Peach pulls out of the ground has incredibly short range - her jab swing is even longer than her Tilt swing! The Beam Swords full length is about the same length as Peach's ordinary jab, if not shorter!

Luckily, there is an easy way to remedy this gimped Beam Sword. All you need to do is 'remove' the Beam Sword from Peach. It was originally thought that you could only restore the original Beam Swords properties by dropping it and picking it up again. However, a while ago it was brought to light by (gah I don't know atm :() that you can un gimp the Beam Sword by making it 'disappear' from Peachs body. So, to ungimp the Beam Sword you can either:

• Drop/throw the Beam Sword - This is probably the easiest/most sensible option
  • Use Toad
  • Use your Parasol
  • Anything else that causes held items to disappear

After doing that (and picking the Beam Sword back up if you dropped it) You will now have a completely normal Beam Sword

Normal Beam Sword statistics:
Jab: 4%, Point Blank: 5%
Tilt: 7-8%
Dash attack: 7%
Z Drop: 4-10% depending on height dropped
Smash: Tip/Point Blank: 12%, Center: 11% Fully Charged Smash: 15-18%
Throw/Glide Toss: Weak: 12% Strong: 15%
KO (Mario - Center of FD, No DI): Uncharged Smash Center: 160%+ Full Charged Smash Center: 110%+, Weak throw/Glide Toss: 160%+, Strong throw/Glide Toss: 130%+

This normal Beam Sword covers around a quarter of FD on a Smash attack and 1/6th of FD on a Tilt. Needless to say, it has huge range. Unfortunetly, the bad news is that whilst you're holding it, you can't pull up any Turnips and you can't use your normal jab/F Tilt/F Smashes. Not only that, but if you lose it, you can be in serious trouble if your enemy picks it up.

If you happen to pick one of these up then keep it for as long as you can. Don't go randomly spamming F Smash though as it is fairly punishable. Still make use of your aerials and if you find it's hindering you rather than helping you, throw it at your opponent or throw it off stage. The Beam Sword has surprisingly good throwing power and bounces a fair way on the stage. May the force be with you when using this weapon

8. b) Random Pulled Items - The Bob-omb

If you've played a Mario game, chances are you're familiar with this walking bundle of joy. The Bob-omb is similar to a Turnip in that it can be thrown and caught. However, once it hits it's target, it blows up so you can't re catch it...not that you'd want to.

I would seem that Sakurai did something to the Bob-ombs to **** them off, or he just wanted to make them crazier. Compared to the Melee Bob-ombs, these are a LOT more volatile. Not only that, but if you hold onto them for too long, they'll start to rapidly glow red and then explode in your hand. These Bob-ombs are extremely dangerous and make Melee Bob-ombs look like a joke

Bob-omb Statistics:
F Throw: Weak: 31-33% Strong: 35%
KO (Mario - FD Center No DI): 30%+

As you can see, this highly volatile weapon kills Mario at 30% from the center of FD with No DI (not that it would help much). It's insanely powerful.

Don't lose your marbles if you get one though. If your opponent sees it, most likely their number 1 priority will be to avoid it. Take advantage of this but at the same time, watch that one of your opponents attacks don't set the Bob-omb off. If it kills Mario at 30%, it'll kill you at an even lower percent. So if you get a Bob-omb, stay calm, play it safe, don't let it blow up in your hands and if all else fails and things are starting to look bad, throw it away. Avoid Glide Tossing close up with this thing. You'll kick yourself if you get hit as well. And watch out if the Bob-omb hits someones sheild! It will bounce off it, up very slighty and slowly into the air and the explode when it hits someone/the ground. So, to conclude...Use bombs wisely!

8. c) Random Pulled Items - Mr. Saturn

Our 3rd item, all the way from Saturn Valley in Eagleland, is Mr. Saturn which you can also pull out the ground. This is no time for eating peanut cheese bars or piggy jelly though. Mr. Saturn has work to do! Pwaaah!

Mr. Saturn statistics
F Throw: Weak : 5% Strong: 6% Point Blank Weak: 6% Point Blank Strong: 8%
Z Drop: 2-5% depending on height dropped

At a glance, Mr. Saturn seems incredibly useless. With virtually no knockback and no KO power, he just seems like a rather bouncy Turnip that walks around. However, Mr. Saturns true powers lie in his sheilding munching abilites.

Mr Saturn eats sheilds like Mario eats Mushrooms. I highly recommend you actually test it for yourself becuase the result is astonishing. Mr. Saturn will turn a full sheild into a crippled, tiny sheild. Mr. Saturn will never normally deal the finishing sheild breaker as he's too big and will hit the opponent where they aren't sheilding. However, your opponent's sheild will be completely useless as they will have to wait until it regenerates itself. Never disregard Mr. Saturn. He might look funny as he walks/bounces around but vs a sheild, he is incredibly dangerous. Use him wise, my young zoomer

8. d) Random Pulled Items - The Stitchface

Our final item is The Stitchface, which is actually a Turnip but I feel it deserves a part in here. And why not? When players see Peach pull this type of Turnip it out, there's a good reason it fills them full of dread. The Stitchface is Peach's most deadly type of Turnip with huge damage and impressive knockback.

Stitchface Statistics:

See 10. Turnip Statistics - Which Turnip does what

The Stitchface is the most powerful of Peachs Turnips - there is no denying that. However, I personally cannot help but feel disappointed as it seems the Stitchface has been nerfed in knockback from Melee.

Having said that, it's still a valuable tool should you get it. Like the Bob-omb, normally when your opponent sees this, their number 1 aim will be to avoid the Stitchface at all costs. Use this to your advantage. You can carry the Stitchface for as long as you want without having to worry about it blowing up in your hand like the Bob-omb - you can even perform floating aerials with throwing it. Treat it as a kill move that should only be used when your opponent is at a high percent. Don't waste it and most importantly of all, re catch it if it re bounds off your opponent

9. B Sticking and Turnips

Help :x

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
10. Turnip Statistics - Which Turnip does what

Credit to Rapid Assasain and Doval, the original writers. Credit to airgemini for finding this incredible piece of info.
This is simply a list of how much damage the different kinds of Turnips do as explained:

Peach's Turnips:
: )_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

^o^_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

-.-_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Bored/Peeved____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

OoO_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

;._____9-11% F-Throw, 13% F-Throw (point blank), 16% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 5-11% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 15% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 14-5% Up-Throw, 17% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Ditto_____15-17% F-Throw, 19% F-Throw (point blank), 22% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 11-17 Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 21% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 20-11% Up-Throw, 23% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Stitchface____33-35% F-Throw, 37% F-Throw (point blank), 40% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 29-35% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 39% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 38-29% Up-Throw, 41% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

First number in the F-Throw range is what you get for throwing it "normally." So, for example, the smiley turnip does 5% on a normal throw. The middle number in the F-Throw range is a "smash" throw at normal range, or a normal throw that's accelerated to the same speed (pretty much max normal throw range on the ground, or throwing it from higher than the opponent in the air.) The last number in the range can only be achieved by throwing the turnip from even further away, so that it accelerates even more.

The first number in the Aerial Drop/D-Throw range is what you get for dropping it "inside" someone. The higher you drop the turnip, the more speed it'll get and the more % it'll do. If you throw it down instead of dropping it, you get max damage every time.

Up-Throw damage starts out at its max when the turnip leaves your hand, then decreases to the minimum damage you get when dropping the turnip inside someone as it loses speed and reaches the apex of its trajectory, then it's essentially the same thing as having dropped the turnip when it's on its way back down.

The damages labeled as "(point blank)" are what you get for throwing the turnip in that fashion at...well, point blank range. Basically, the turnip was inside the person when it left your hand.

Here is another, more accesible version which Dark.Pch has kindly let me copy from his testing on Turnip damage. More basic than Doval's list but it's easier to read

So I was in training mode doing my daily practice with Peach when I discovered something about Peach's Turnips. The closer you are to the enemy when you throw them, the more damage it does. I noticed this while I was playing with the help menu. Here is a list of how much Power Each turnip has thrown up close when you throw it and smash throw it.

Regular turnips: =)
Regular throw- 9%
Smash throw- 12%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a regular throw- 5%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a Smash throw- 6%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 7%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-7%

Ditto turnip: :)
Regular throw- 19%
Smash throw- 22%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a regular throw- 15%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a Smash throw- 16%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 17%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-17%

Bored/tired turnip: -.-
Regular throw- 9%
Smash throw- 12%

Winky/ow turnip: ;o
Regular throw- 13%
Smash throw- 16%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a regular throw- 9%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a Smash throw- 10%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 11%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-11%

Shocked turnip: :eek:
Regular throw- 9%
Smash throw- 12%

Sleepy turnip::tired:
Regular throw- 9%
Smash throw- 12%

Laughing turnip: :laugh:
Regular throw- 9%
Smash throw- 12%

Stichface: X_X
Regular throw- 37%
Smash throw- 40%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a regular throw- 33%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a Smash throw- 32%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 31%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-31%

Bonus- items

Mr. Saturn-
Regular throw- 6%
Smash throw- 8%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 5%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-6%

Beam sword-
Regular throw- 12%
Smash throw- 15%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a regular throw- 12%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a Smash throw- 15%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 12%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-12%

Bomb-
Regular throw- 32%
Smash throw- 35%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a regular throw- 31%
Thrown with a lil more space in between with a Smash throw- 35%
Thrown in the air with a regular throw- 33%
Thrown in the air with smash throw-34%
11. Turnip Pressure - Dark.Pch style

Thanks to Dark for letting me copy this part of his Guide to learning Princess Peach (Competitive) thread which can be found here

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167424

I was playing A friend of mine not too long ago in a Peach ditto when I Started doing what I call the "turnip Pressure" I did this out of random and it seem like it would do some justice.

Basiclly how you do it is you Fair>Turnip>Jab> repeat the cycle from your Fair. The trick is, you have to grab the turnip within the jab OR if you are fast enough you can jab, then grab it and do a Fair then throw the turnip to a jab. Its good to pressure the shield and it eats the shield Pretty well. And then it makes it easy to shield stab, thus a free hit even when they shield. I jab one time to a Fair. You can jab twice but It may slow down the Pressure and also you cant get your Fair out fast enough as if you were to jab once. But Here is a trick with that.

if you hit them or thier shield with a turnip and you jab twice, If you can get the turnip with in the second Jab then you can throw it to a space Fair then go on with the pressure.

Ha ha, This is something I just came up with trying to be creative with Peach and make up random stuff. But I think its pretty cool and very useful.

EDIT- I thought of another way to do it. you can just Turnip to Fair and repeat Catch the turnip within the Fair. then throw it, then repeat it. Space yourself well and you will see just how hard it is to get hit, at the same time thier shield is getting eaten alive. Another good way to pressure and get a free hit off thier shield.

12. Turnip aproachs/combos/follow ups etc.

This is essentially a list of the wonderful things you can do with Turnips besides eating them as part of a nutrious diet. Various Turnip based approaches, damage builders, follow ups etc. will be in this area. Anything in brackets means that this part is optional but useful if you can pull it off

F Throw ---> Floating Dair
F Throw ---> Turnip pull
Glide Toss ---> (Jab --->) Grab
Reverse Glide Toss ---> Turnip pull
Glide Toss ---> Peach Bomber
Fair Throw ---> Fair
Fair Throw + moving backwards whilst doing this ---> Turnip pull
Fair Throw ---> Floating Dair
SH Throw down ---> Floating Dair ---> (Floating Dair --->) Uair
Z Drop ---> Instant Nair + re catch

13. Final words
So now, you hopefully have an understanding of how Turnips work and what to do with them. For those who already did, hopefully you've learnt something statistic wise. I apologise for this guide - I personally don't think it's as good as I hoped. But really, there is no way I could tell you what is 'right' as so many factors go into Turnips.
What I can say is this - Experiment. Theory and words are all very well but actually using Turnips and discovering things for yourself is the best way to learn. Watch videos of other Peachs, develop your own strategies with Turnips...there is so much you can do with them

Happy Turnip pulling :)

14. Turnip Q&A

I intend to make a list here of any Turnip related questions that may crop up. I'll start things off with some frequently asked questions I see floating around like crazy Peachs on the forums

Q: How do you pull up a Turnip?

A: See the beginning of the guide. You simply use Peach's Down Special

Q: I'm having difficulty performing one of the Advanced Techniques! Help!

A: Read the Advanced Technique sections and watch the videos (when they're up). They will take some time to learn how to use properly but practice makes perfect

Q: Can you pull up a Beam Sword, Bob-omb and Mr Saturn even when the items are turned off?

A: Yes. And whilst that may seem a bit broken, remember that the chance of pulling up one of those items including Stitchface is still 1/58 even with items turned on/off

Q: My friend pulled up 3 Beam swords/ Stitchfaces/ Bob-ombs/ Mr Saturns in a row! Is he cheating? If not, what is the chance of something crazy like that happening?

A: No your friend is not cheating. It is completely random. Your friend must just be very lucky.

As for the chance of someone getting 3 of the 4 different kinds of item in a row...I'm not sure on exact numbers but put it this way - it's very unlikely to happen

Q: How do you throw a Turnip whilst Floating?

A: You can't. You have to drop your Float to throw items. This includes Turnips

Q: I've found that if you use Peach's Down Tilt, you can slide back with it and attack - this also includes pulling up Turnips. Have I discovered something new?

A: Sadly, I'm afriad the answer is no. This was found out quite a while ago

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Another great guide by Rickerdy-doo-da-day. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm not an excellent Peach user, but I'll try to help out a bit...

Her turnips can be used to edgeguard, can lead into a grab when you glide toss, and cause some crazy mindgames.

And lol @ the facts. I just realized that I never ate a turnip before...I've eaten a radish, but not a turnip.

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
You can dash and at the same time pull up a turnip while still maintaining the dash.

It only works for B-stick though.
;/

You just dash, slow down, tilt backwards, press down the b-stick, then go in the initial direction.

Yeah it pretty much is free pulling, but dashing and picking up the turnip in a smooth motion.

I might put up a video >_>

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Here's an accurate list of Turnip damages from all directions they can be throw.
Here's more complete damage info:

Peach's Turnips:
:)_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

^o^_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

-.-_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Bored/Peeved____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

OoO_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

;._____9-11% F-Throw, 13% F-Throw (point blank), 16% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 5-11% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 15% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 14-5% Up-Throw, 17% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Ditto_____15-17% F-Throw, 19% F-Throw (point blank), 22% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 11-17 Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 21% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 20-11% Up-Throw, 23% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Stitchface____33-35% F-Throw, 37% F-Throw (point blank), 40% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 29-35% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 39% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 38-29% Up-Throw, 41% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

First number in the F-Throw range is what you get for throwing it "normally." So, for example, the smiley turnip does 5% on a normal throw. The middle number in the F-Throw range is a "smash" throw at normal range, or a normal throw that's accelerated to the same speed (pretty much max normal throw range on the ground, or throwing it from higher than the opponent in the air.) The last number in the range can only be achieved by throwing the turnip from even further away, so that it accelerates even more.

The first number in the Aerial Drop/D-Throw range is what you get for dropping it "inside" someone. The higher you drop the turnip, the more speed it'll get and the more % it'll do. If you throw it down instead of dropping it, you get max damage every time.

Up-Throw damage starts out at its max when the turnip leaves your hand, then decreases to the minimum damage you get when dropping the turnip inside someone as it loses speed and reaches the apex of its trajectory, then it's essentially the same thing as having dropped the turnip when it's on its way back down.

The damages labeled as "(point blank)" are what you get for throwing the turnip in that fashion at...well, point blank range. Basically, the turnip was inside the person when it left your hand.

And here's the thread. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159273

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Throwing turnips upward is one of the things I do the most with Peach. I just glide-toss up the turnip so my opponent tries to avoid it. While he is doing this, I can attack him, so he will either be hit by the turnip or my attack (he/she usually gets hit by my attack, because dodging the turnip is his/her top priority).

My point is, turnips are not just to hit the opponent; turnips can be used to distract, as obstacles in someone's recovery and just plain mindgames.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Turnips can also be thrown strongly or softly. You tap A to throw it softly, or slam the stick in the direction you want to throw, and Peach will throw it harder. You'll know because you'll see a little smash star glowing when you throw the turnip.

Also, you can use turnips defensively. For example, turnips will block pit's arrows. Of course, this is only gives you a few seconds of breathing room, but that counts a lot in this fast paced game :p

And never forget the words of sakurai :

"The better the player, the more turnips they use!"

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Woah so many comments already! It's great to see so many with great information.

Airge I cannot thank you enough for that info. That will speed things up Super Sonic style.

Currently, the beginning of the guide is getting the very simple and basic things out the way. If this is to be done properly, I need to assume that new players have no idea what a Turnip is in Smash Bros and what you use them for.

Once the basic stuff is out the way, I can concentrate more on AT's and various mindgames etc.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
ANOTHER ONE Rick? This one sounds good to - hopefully it'll turn into what the empty "Turnip" section in the guide was supposed to be.

I'll be glad to provide some Turnip Free Pull info when you get to it. I need to get some videos up though, like seriously.

I'm also particularly looking forward to the beam sword highlight; that thing is a BEAST, yet no one here uses it correctly!

Teach us the way Rick?

Gea

Smash Master
I'm really loving a thing alot of good Peaches seem to do.

They are off the edge, you are by the edge. Pull a turnip and throw it up. Pull another and throw it outwards. They now have a "cone" of space where the turnips lock them into and it makes setting up for aerials so much easier.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
If you hold the attack button while picking up a turnip(or while floating/dodging/doing anything that wont cause peach to throw the turnip) you can smash with the turnip.

I have a sick video of when I was running at a fox with a turnip in hand... he holds his shine expecting a throw, and BOOM golf club to the face....

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I have a sick video of when I was running at a fox with a turnip in hand... he holds his shine expecting a throw, and BOOM golf club to the face....
Wow, that makes really good use of that "technique"

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I apologise for how slowly the guide is coming along - school work has become much harder than anticpated and that has had to come first.

I need to also request help from you lot. What on earth should I also write? I'm really at a loss. I'm going to include an expert section that has a more in depth follow up attacks for Turnips/Turnip invovled AT's.

This guide, I feel, is nowhere near as good as some of the others I've written (and they weren't so great to begin with). So yea, can anyone suggest anything I should put in? Here is all I've got so far:

Expert use of Turnips

B Sticking AT's and using them

Deadly Turnips/Random Items guide

Q&A of questions anyone might have/people ask regularly

Videos demonstrating various AT's.

Can anyone else give me any more advice? Thanks in advance

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Great guide, but I'm surprised that you haven't said anything about pulling Bom-Ombs, Beam Swords and Mr. Saturns. :p

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ooo...ah..erm. Nothing to see here!

Thanks for the vid Apples. That's a very interesting find indeed.

Sorry to everyone else...my life has become increasingly hectic and I really haven't found the time/motivation to finish off this guide...I'm gonna get round to finishing it I swear.

I still need a lot of help with it, mainly on B Sticking which I haven't yet mastered. I also need information on various Turnip related combos/follow ups. I have some of my own but I don't think I know all of them...I still need to add that thing from Darks guide as well ><

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hurray! After seriously getting myself into gear, I've been cracking on with the guide, getting things done. The 'How to use Turnips' section is pretty much complete (it's a bit shabby but really, how in words do you specifically tell someone how to use Turnips?). I've even finished the Random Pulled Items section and I've added pictures to the guide to break up the text a bit (my guides tend to be a bit wordy)

Now onto you. My main focus now is Turnip approachs/combos/follow ups and B Sticking and how to apply it. I can think of a few Turnip stuff but it'd be excellent to hear from you lot know as I don't know them all...and I may miss out the obvious stuff. I really need help on the B Sticking stuff - I have very very limited knowledge on it so for the moment, I'm relying on the minority of Peach players out there who use B Sticking.

And as a final word in this post...I need to ask you all what you think of this guide. But most importantly I want to ask this - Are my guides any good? Do any of you see them as pointless? It suddenly struck a few days ago that I've written 5 guides for Peach which is a fair amount and I feel that I'm portraying myself as a bit of a guide, attention seeking freak. I can understand the Final Smashes guides being rather useless but my Toad and Stage guides have, along with the Final Smashes guide, sunk deep into the ocean of threads. The stage guide was very kindly bumped by Edreese once but that was a very long time ago. I can't help but feel that my guides are somewhat useless. I really would like constructive feedback on this - is there any point to them and should I stop making them/let them die?

Right, moving on...yea I apologise for such a long post (so much for final words). I wanted to see what you thought of these 2 Turnip things I came up with myself

• SH Turnip Down Throw ---> Floating Dair: I personally love this combo and it actually works surprisingly well. You simply SH with a Turnip in hand, throw it down on your opponent and then start up a Floating Dair. It's quick, easy to pull off and it's a fantastic out of sheild option imo. Not only that, it's a fantastic way to get extra damage in combined with Dairs (You can get like 3 Dairs on heavies so yea :p)
  • Jump --> Z Drop --> Nair: Somewhat situational but another great out of sheild option. Drop the Turnip on their head and then immediatly Nair. Extra damage and by instantly using Nair, you re catch the Turnip

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
No this guide is pretty useful. I say this because some new peaches don't know how to properly utilize turnips to their full potential.

I'll try to list some combos that have worked for me ...

SH>Z-drop turnip>Bair (the hitstun should be cancelled by turnip)>Dsmash>jab> Grab>Continue.

Gotta love that jab.
:D

anyways this combo might not work 100% percent of the time. Obviously they're easy to get out of, but they've worked for me, so :p

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
This is COMPLETELY RANDOM. Exact numbers are that you have a 1/58 chance to pull up one of the 4 (including Stitchface) items when activating your Down Special. It does not matter if items are turned off. You still have a 1/58 chance of pulling something different up regardless of that.
This is false, that probability only applies to Stitchfaces Rick :/

Wow, major bumb.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Great guide, but the thing that probably really helped me is the beam sword, I didn't how there was a difference between the real one and hers, because I never play with items. Now I can use it better. :D

$BONE$

Smash Ace
When peach is on the ground and shes catches a turnip- how long does it take before she can do a move out of that animation (as far as frames go) Also, how fast can she perform an aerial after z dropping a turnip, are there iasa frames we might not be aware of? just curious.

edit: Does catching a turnip during an aerial effect the frames in anyway?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
When peach is on the ground and shes catches a turnip- how long does it take before she can do a move out of that animation (as far as frames go) Also, how fast can she perform an aerial after z dropping a turnip, are there iasa frames we might not be aware of? just curious.

edit: Does catching a turnip during an aerial effect the frames in anyway?
I don't think that catching a turnip during an aerial makes the aerial have any more or less frames. And I don't know exactly how many frames of lag a turnip catch has, but the basic answer is 'very little'.

BTW, this is a brilliant guide. It needs to be stickied as soon as possible.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I doubt it affects anything - there's no animation.

An airdodge or aerial just makes it so the turnip "just happens" to be in you hand.

Xyless

Smash Master

EDIT: Added lines to divvy up what each one's stats is.

BLUE:
5-7% F-Throw
9% F-Throw (point blank)
12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank)
1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw
11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
10-1% Up-Throw
13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

GREEN:
9-11% F-Throw
13% F-Throw (point blank)
16% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank)
5-11% Aerial Drop/D-Throw
15% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
14-5% Up-Throw
17% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

ORANGE:
15-17% F-Throw
19% F-Throw (point blank)
22% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank)
11-17 Aerial Drop/D-Throw
21% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
20-11% Up-Throw
23% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

RED:
33-35% F-Throw
37% F-Throw (point blank)
40% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank)
29-35% Aerial Drop/D-Throw
39% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
38-29% Up-Throw
41% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
BLUE:
5-7% F-Throw
9% F-Throw (point blank)
12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank)
1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw
11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
10-1% Up-Throw
13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

GREEN:
9-11% F-Throw
13% F-Throw (point blank)
16% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank)
5-11% Aerial Drop/D-Throw
15% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
14-5% Up-Throw
17% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

ORANGE:
15-17% F-Throw
19% F-Throw (point blank)
22% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank)
11-17 Aerial Drop/D-Throw
21% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
20-11% Up-Throw
23% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

RED:
33-35% F-Throw
37% F-Throw (point blank)
40% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank)
29-35% Aerial Drop/D-Throw
39% Aerial D-Throw (point blank)
38-29% Up-Throw
41% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)
This is very confusing. Or to me at least.
Those aren't official probability statisitcs are they? Stitchface is the only one we know for sure about. :p

I wish this thread got more attention.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yes, it is their official probability stats. In the PACs, these are the scalar chances of each turnip in order of what the turnip's index # is, so it's definitely final:

35, 6, 5, 3, 3, 4, 1, 1

Add those together, and you get 58.

EDIT: It actually explains why I always seemed to notice winking turnips more than the O_O ones.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Holy cow this thread is old...

And wowzas amazing job Xyless! How on earth did you find out the probability of the Turnip pulled up? I remember checking out Peach's PSA pac in Smash Attacks but never found anything about probability or anything?

Is it possible to find out anything else about her Turnips? I was very unsuccessful because I'm hopeless with computers but finding out the probability is a fantastic start :D

Xyless

Smash Master
I can find out anything about any move, really. Kirk and I recently found where all of the turnip stats were hiding, so I just had to share the probability with everyone.

Also, I should mention that the stitchface is SLIGHTLY wrong, because its 1/58 is shared with the other items, so it has even less of a chance. I should probably "rephrase" the last area tonight when I get back from class.

Top Bottom