• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My worst matchup..

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
I can see the trouble, but I've never played an R.O.B. Most likely, toughest part would be going against our own style. We have to deal with lazers and retreating glidetosses, the things we hold so dear yet are probably annoying as crap when it comes down to it.

The only practical advice I can give is to play on R.O.B.'s recovery flaw, predictablity. You can pretty much figure out where an R.O.B. will go every time up-b is used. So, spam those f-airs and gyros to knock him out of fuel.

Sudai

Stuff here
I always play my ZSS against other ROBs. >.>;

ZSS not good against ROB, but I'm much more comfortable with that for some reason. XD

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
i just avoid the situation all together by cp'ing G&W
which i'm currently working on...but haven't perfected yet
i always miss sidestep->downsmash :(

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I used to avoid dittoing R.O.B.s by just biting the bullet and going with Ganondorf.

But I forced myself to get comfortable with R.O.B. dittos, and now they're no longer stress-inducing, if still a bit annoying. I hate it when we start mirroring each other, lol.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Switching to G&W makes things much easier =p. Not to mention G&W tends to help with robs other difficult matches.

Sudai

Stuff here
My worst matchup is Olimar. I can't stand those Pikmin...
Jungle Japes ftw. Huge blast zones, easy camping for you, even easier gimps on him (I know, wtfuxup, right?) and if he throws a pikmen in the wrong spot, it can get caught between the water and the level and he has to waste time down-bing to get it back or he's short a pikmen (enough time for a free laser since he won't do it far away.) It's too good.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
I always play my ZSS against other ROBs. >.>;

ZSS not good against ROB, but I'm much more comfortable with that for some reason. XD
why is zss not good against rob, i have to disagree. aside from his projectiles it feels like he is outranged by the whip/ gun. and since rob is bigger than most characters, zss higher than normal aerials hit him rather easily.

at a tournament i was at yesterday i was going 50/50 in two sets with a pretty good zss, but it felt like an uphill battle every time. once i switched to wario it was soo much easier due to the fact that i could actually maneuver around the stage.

if zss isnt good on rob, what makes you say that?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
why is zss not good against rob, i have to disagree. aside from his projectiles it feels like he is outranged by the whip/ gun. and since rob is bigger than most characters, zss higher than normal aerials hit him rather easily.

at a tournament i was at yesterday i was going 50/50 in two sets with a pretty good zss, but it felt like an uphill battle every time. once i switched to wario it was soo much easier due to the fact that i could actually maneuver around the stage.

if zss isnt good on rob, what makes you say that?
She may have more range, but it only becomes an issue if you don't close the gap or play keep away. Staying in mid-range with her is a sure way to get yourself licked. Plus, her best non-gimp killer, her side+B plasma whip, can be seen coming from a mile away.

Just don't get yourself gimped and try not to get yourself in a position where she can edgeguard you.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
would you say its an even matchup?

i guess you're right about the whole midrange thing, since i usually try and keep space between my opponent as far as my f tilt goes. that didnt work very well against zss. her up air also kills rather easily (if it connects of course) i guess the side b is easy to see coming, but when it connects man it is very effective.

i dont know whether the matchup is considered even or not, but it was pretty tough for me.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Right now, besides MK, Ness is probably my hardest matchup, mainly because of a lack of experience with the matchup. I have only played one person who uses Ness, but he doesn't use him very often. He usually just sandbags me whenever I play him. I can beat his Pit and my gyro destroys his thunderstorming Ganondorf (plus gimps lol), but whenever we get serious, he just whips out his Ness.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly, you can f-air through PKT (don't trust me on this). Basically, Ness is continually going to try to catch you in PK fire and go for a ground/aerial combo approach, usually followed by some sort of second-hopped aerial that goes into the floor (usually a d-air). Just dodge/shield them all and then d-smash. Repeat. It's really too easy to side-step a lot of his stuff, but take care not to challenge him directly in the air since a lot of his stuff outranges yours and is faster.

If he gets too far, projectile erratically. If he's off-stage, you can be gutsy and try to gimp him, but I tend to get hit by his PKT backlash more often than not (lol). Either I have terrible luck or I'm just an idiot.

Anyway, I find that this is infinitely easier match-up offline than online (for some reason, I see a lot of Nesses online, and I can feel a big difference).

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
yeah you can fair a PKT, be gutsy and go offstage, its fun! if anything try to walktech if all else fails lol.

what i want to do is to use side b to make him lose control of PKT. now thats owned

Top Bottom