• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Charge Cancel Explanation Guide and Video

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
In my lucario video thread ppl didn't understand me when i said i can double team out of a Aura Charge and thought i meant charge, cancel, drop shield and then double team. Boy were they wrong. Here i have a video that shows multiple choices out of a aura charge. Sadly there's one i forgot to show but I'll just explain how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20h488IePbA

Now i'll explain easiest to hardest.

(shown at :02) Aura Charge to Grab - Really easy. Just press Z.

(isnt shown) AC to Sidestep - While charging of course, press shield and down. Simple

(shown at :15) AC to Up-Smash - While charging ....duh... Press shield and immediately tap up and A.

(shown at :17) AC to Extreme Speed - Same as up-smash instead just press B.

(not shown) AC to Aerial Aura Charge Release - This is basically u charging up aura sphere and canceling it to throw it in the air right away. During charging, shield and immediately jump. Now this next part depends if the aura sphere is fully charged or not. If it isn't fully charged u press B twice. If it IS fully charged u press once.

(shown at :19 and on)AC to Aerial - pretty hard to get the timing at first but once u get it, u should be alright. As u are charging, press shield then jump and aerial. The real challenge is moving with it. Ur basically pressing the buttons in this order. *charging* L/R, X/Y(whatever u use to jump), immediately press stick for whichever direction ur tryin to go milliseconds after u jump, then press A/C-stick to aerial.

(shown at :09) AC to Double Team - This is the one ppl thought i was crazy about, thinking it wasn't possible. This is how its done. *charge* shield, jump, DT. Now the hard part is the timing. To make it look seamless and never seeing the shield is tricky. U have to literally do all the actions milliseconds of each other. But if u got everything else u should get this one.

The great things about these are the fact ppl think ur vulnerable when ur charging. They expect u to roll or shield. Not these other things. Hopefully this would improve the Lucario meta game.

Hope this helps everyone.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
There is actually a video that is quite old showing DT out of AS charge.

However it didn't list all the other possibilities like aerials, grabs and Usmash. Good stuff.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
There is actually a video that is quite old showing DT out of AS charge.

However it didn't list all the other possibilities like aerials, grabs and Usmash. Good stuff.
What i saw in my other thread, it wasnt the same way i mentioned it here. The DT outta ASC

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
What i saw in my other thread, it wasnt the same way i mentioned it here. The DT outta ASC
I'm not talking about your thread, though.

There was a somewhat older youtube video (probably a month or two old by now) showing someone charging the aura sphere and doing a DT out of it, by the same method you described.

I am not trying to discredit you in any way, because I think the rest of the things in your video haven't been shown, and the AS -> DT is a nice reminder because I don't think a lot of people noticed it the first time.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Haha, I actually learned a bit when you posted this. <<

Now all we gotta do is find out how to FPG OoS seamlessly. :D

Up B Out of Charge is so sexy. That's a metagame-warping technique right there, son, m i rite?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Haha, I actually learned a bit when you posted this. <<

Now all we gotta do is find out how to FPG OoS seamlessly. :D

Up B Out of Charge is so sexy. That's a metagame-warping technique right there, son, m i rite?
i've done it alot. I edgehogged a ganon because he thought i was charging :-P.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Yeah your basically jump canceling out of the charge correct?

Some people thought this was simply power shielding, which is a lot laggier.

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
I agree with the kid (lol).

I only knew how to grab. Thanks for the find.

Oh, and because of your Dribbling Vids, my clanmates hate me when im Diddy. They call me "SPAM!".
hell yea we do. and I know you always agree with me because your an orange juice (lol).

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
this is interesting i'll have to work on it though, the timing seems tricky

I also wanted to ask, can any smash be done out of charge cancel or is it just usmash

also thx in advance

Timbers

check me out
I don't recall ever learning how to do an aerial or Usmash out of Aura Charge. I do know that you found out that you could grab out of Aura Charge but that is all i remember learning from you about Aura Charge. DT out of AC is cool and flashy but next to useless haha
There was a thread about this in May or something. I don't remember it including DT, though.

as charge into ES was demonstrated in the video if I recall correctly. It's a nifty thing to catch players offguard, but I don't use ES to hog much, so I couldn't tell you how effective it is.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
this is interesting i'll have to work on it though, the timing seems tricky

I also wanted to ask, can any smash be done out of charge cancel or is it just usmash

also thx in advance
U can of course do dsmash and fsmash but it wouldnt be special and its kinda slow. Upsmash is instant if done right.

Syran

Smash Rookie
Wow, never thought about that...
It never actually ocurred to me to do anything while charging besides shielding or rolling.
Thank you, this will be added to my arsenal of tricksy moves >:D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Almost got everything down fast enough so you don't use the sheild...

probably thanks to Melee's waveshining, and trying to DAC with Sheik >.>

Great stuff NL, great stuff :) I can see so many mindgames coming out of this..

Top Bottom