• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats the worst stage for olimar and whats the worst matchup to?

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
No, it's Captain Falcon.

Arguable: Skyworld, Rainbow Cruise.
Not so arguable: ROB

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I beat our best peach pretty consistantly.

Worst matchup? Marth. Or Wario. Or Wolf.

Worst Stage? Rainbow cruise is banned here but that's easily Olimar's worst. I'd say all the other legal stages are subjective to the player.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Worst matchup? Imo weegee
Stage? Tied between Rainbow and Japes. You mess up on either and your done.

RichBrown

Smash Master
japes is terrible. I had a tournament match against a wario and I was winning on the last stock 27%-116% and I had been killing the whole match, and then I got claptrapped, and I eventually lost the set. That was on the 2nd game, I had won the first game. I was pretty **** upset about it.

Snail

Smash Lord
Wario is probably 50/50 but I really hate fighting them. The constant threat of the Waft is annoying as hell. Lucario is frustrating too because they tend to get all campy as soon as they hit 100% or so.

Peach is ten times worse though :/

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Someone will need to explain peach as one of the worst matchups. There are no really good peaches here...So my understanding is lacking...

The worst is meta...you go low you gimped...you go high...your gimped with an up b...you're over the edge...you're done....

Snail

Smash Lord
Someone will need to explain peach as one of the worst matchups. There are no really good peaches here...So my understanding is lacking...

The worst is meta...you go low you gimped...you go high...your gimped with an up b...you're over the edge...you're done....
The reason peach is hard is because of her float. This gives her an approach angle that isn't covered by any of Olimar's attacks (except UpB, but using that while grounded is just stupid most of the time). Olimar relies on grabs to stop ground approaches, but you can't grab Peach when she's floating above your grab range. Run under and get daired, jump up and get naired. It's extremely hard to get around.

MK is pretty annoying as well but lots of characters have it worse than Olimar does.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Are we forgetting Yoshi? I don't play many peach's or yoshi's, but i seem to have the same amount of problems with both.

Rainbow cruise is the worst stage.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Odd, I dont have many issues against Marths. >_>

...but then again, I'm not an Olimar main, and might just be playing a Marth who doesn't know his spacing.

Edit: Yoshi can demolish pikmin with his dsmash, easily. Same with Wolf.

If I had to guess for worst matchups Yoshi and Wolf would certainly be up there. Yoshi is an odd one, he doesn't have too many great matchups, but he's got everything necesary to destroy Olimar.

Snail

Smash Lord
Yoshi vs Olimar is 60/40. Peach vs Olimar is 65/35, possibly 30/70 >_>; I personally think Peach is hardest by far.

Other crappy matchups include Wolf, ROB, Luigi and Marth, Kirby and MK. The rest isn't too bad, in my opinion.

Also, "demolishing" pikmin is not an option for anyone besides Yoshi. I don't know what people think but you can't hit the pikmin when they're synched with Olimar. Yoshi can egg lay -> dsmash, and he's the only one that poses a threat to the pikmin. Trying to kill them is just a waste of time for every other character... including Wolf.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ok, thats cool with the peach....I can understand if a persons olimars are campy and ground based a that it really would cripple. I'm not as ground based with olimar...

I think I'll agree snail...MK is a little rough on everyone. cant do anything while they are in tornado...can't do anything against the shuttle, and once you're off the edge, you're done...its like a fox vs. CF in melee, if you get CF over the edge, he probably shouldn't get back...

Toon link also poses a threat...back throw keeps you low..which can kill you...stages with angles suck , like yoshi's and corneria, the first hit of dSMASH of TL knocks you back, while the second misses, sending you flying and low again...Here's an old match...(um...we were used to melee at the time...so the edge hogging sucks...)...i'm not saying its a bad matchup...but a bad matchup on certain stages..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RywjyD3ZY&feature=related

Game and watch can pose a threat too...dthrow to dsmash if you miss the tech...

Snail

Smash Lord
With TL you just have to be careful not to get caught by the dsmash on slopes. It's hard if you're not aware of it... Just make sure not to walk straight into it ^^

Top Bottom