• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

DSO FALL CIRCUIT

To jump start the fall smash scene here in PA, I'm going to spice up the competition with the DSO Fall Circuit! There will be 3 DSO Events between now and November, all listed below. We're going to jump start the season with a big Sunday Special event, and wrap it up with two of our standard Friday night biweeklies. Points will be awarded to the top placers in the singles events at each event (the Sunday event awards 1.5x points!). The points will be tallied up at the end, and the winner with the most points after the three events will receive a special cash prize! (amount currently undetermined). The cash prize will be handed to the top point placer at the end of the November 20th event, and if the player is not present a check will be mailed to them.

Meta Knight will be banned in singles at all three events, doubles is still to be determined (he is currently banned in doubles at the first Sunday event). The topic of Meta Knight being banned at DSO will be revisited after the Fall Circuit for the Winter Season. This will be updated with the point amounts soon.

Schedule
  • idk yet, check back later
    • Game: Brawl
For time and location information, read on

YOU MUST BRING A PHOTO ID OF ANY KIND TO GAIN ENTRANCE INTO DREXEL RESIDENCE HALLS

Time

The times are different depending on what day the tournament is, a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
  • Friday
    • You may arrive as early as: 4:30pm
    • Signups end at: 5:30pm
    • Tourney ends at: Approximately 10:00pm
  • Saturday and Sunday
    • You may arrive as early as: 10:00am
    • Signups end at: 11:00am
    • Tourney ends at: Approximately 10:00pm

The biweeklies will be held at various residence halls on Drexel campus. We will post ahead of time which building it will be at in the Schedule section above. You can also view them on a map here.
  • Caneris Hall
    • 115 N. 32nd Street
      Philadelphia, PA 19104
  • Myers Hall
    • 3301 Race Street
      Philadelphia, PA 19104
  • Van R
    • 3320 Powelton Ave.
      Philadelphia, PA 19104

Events

Check the schedule for what game is running that week. We will hold doubles then singles for that game.

Price
  • Venue Fee: $3
  • Doubles: $10 per team
  • Singles: $10 per player
  • Brawl+ Singles Side Events: $5
  • BBrawl Singles Side Events: $5
I will waive your venue fee if you bring a TV + Game Setup!

Rules

Chibo's Videos For The Masses Rule: By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.

Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

Chibo's Everyone STFU Rule: Everyone have fun. No *****ing. No arguing. If you contribute to a negative atmosphere at the tournament, I'ma kick you out.

If It's Banned, It's Banned Rule: Players can not agree to banned rules in a tourney set. Rules are in place for a reason, and it's not fair for some people to be able to take advantage of banned tactics while other players in other tourney sets aren't able to because their opponent won't let them. Failure to abide by this can potentially have both players DQ'd.

Do What Cactuar Says Or Get Kicked Out Rule: All Brawlers must accept that Cactuar will ridicule them the entire time, and if they try to talk back, he will kick them out and keep their venue fee. Because he is Cactuar.

Melee

• Stage striking for first match. Before a players counterpick on match 2 and/or 3, the opposing team picks one stage to ban (neutral or cp).
  • GOTM's Rule: Wobbling is banned except for on Sadaharu Inui.
  • Standard Rules (ask for exact clarification)

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Story (counterpick in teams)
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Fountain of Dreams (only in singles)
  • Dreamland
  • Kongo Jungle
Counterpick Stages
  • Corneria
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Jungle Japes
  • Brinstar
  • Kongo Jungle

Brawl

METAKNIGHT IS BANNED

• Stage striking for first match. Before a players counterpick on match 2 and/or 3, the opposing team picks one stage to ban (starter or cp).
  • Standing infinites are banned
  • GOTM's Rule (double modified): DDD's small step and infinite chaingrab is banned, except for on Sadaharu Inui
  • Chibo's Color Blind Rule: If there is a character on a team that is confusing with their team color (such as how a Red Team Sonic looks like he's on the Blue Team) any player may request for the team colors to be reassigned so the distinction is clearer. This rule is void if Chibo's Texture Pack is being used.
  • 8 Minute Timer will be used in matches
  • The game must be loaded from the disc channel, anyone who loads the game from Ocarina in the Homebrew Channel will be disqualified. You may load a SD card pre-approved by myself (I'll just use my own) to enable things such as the saving of matches of over 3 minutes long which will most likely be used in important matches like the finals.
  • In teams, if a team loses while using ports 2 and 3, they can change their ports to 1 and 4 on their counterpick.
  • Other various standard rules

Starter Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick Stages:
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise

There will be no discussion of changing the rules at the event. If you feel strongly enough that stage X be added or stage Y should be taken off, then state your case here in this thread in an organized manner and I will consider it. Excessive complaining and b1tching at the tournament will not be tolerated and may warrant a warning followed by removal from the venue. We want people to have a good fun time.

Brawl+

~Under Construction~

No refunds. Everyone is responsible for their own equipment.

BBrawl

~Now presenting BBrawl side events hosted by Ak~

No one is banned
Same ruleset essentially except for some stage changes.
Best 2 out of 3 double elimination, it'll go mad fast.

-Stages-
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Smashville
PictoChat
Pokemon Stadium 1
WiFi Training Room (select Hanenbow)

CP:
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 (hold X or Y)
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

Thinkaman's highlight BBrawl changes here, read up and educate yourself: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....16&postcount=2

Contact
You may contact (me) ChiboSempai via
-PM
-email: markkorsak[at]comcast[.]net (remove brackets)
-phone: 609.226.2287

Results

DSO Fall Circuit
  • Points awarded at first event on October 18th:
    1st - 40
    2nd - 30
    3rd - 20
    4th - 14
    5th - 10
    7th - 6
    9th - 4
  • Points awarded at the 2nd and 3rd events:
    1st - 32
    2nd - 24
    3rd - 18
    4th - 12
    5th - 8
    7th - 4
    9th - 2

ALL IS BRAWL Tournament Series Link

BRING TVS AND SETUPS!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea im real sorry about the last minute, drexel just emailed me today giving me the confirmation. i almost forgot about it lol. atleast i got the first 3 confirmed, and should be steadily confirming them in batches ahead of time

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
**** 17th thats the day b4 my tournament...coulda planned it just a bit better chibo >_<

wish i could go

GOTM

Smash Champion
this schedule is actually kinda rough for me, lmao. the only one i can make 100% is the brawl one, so i guess ill go just to hang out.

halloween i might be home, and imma be at rutgers this friday night

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hmmm, i sorta forgot about haloween being near the third one. perhaps a smash costume/cosplay contest thing should be held lol

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
This looks awesome. Sadly I can't make it to the one thats going on tomorrow. I might be able to make it to some of the other tourney's.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im assuming atleast one person with a car will be at this lol

whoever does, can u come at like 4:45 and gimme a call? 609 226 2287
i need to get my tvs to the venue

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sry for double post, but im thinking of lowering the entrance fee for singles to $5 if less than 12 people show up. a tourney is really only worth paying $10 if theres going to atleast be a certain level of competition imo

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am happy houring after work. If I can make singles I shall be there. I'll call scar or Chibo to see how the schedule is going.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Why are you guys even holding a melee tournament? Your just going to give Cactaur and Scar money.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Why are you guys even holding a melee tournament? Your just going to give Cactaur and Scar money.
So what makes this tourny different from other tournies where scar and cactuar are most likely going to be there.

And Cactuar probably won't play his main. And with scar there is always a chance he could kill himself a bunch. If I make it, I will probably go gannon, yoshi, young link and like mario.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea at the small one i held last week cactuar got 4th lol
he didn't (or barely) played any great characters

i like his choice of maining falcon's dair in his match against me lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah you should just hold a Brawl tournament, since no one saw Rogue Pit and ChiboSempai getting 2nd and 1st. In fact, WHY EVEN ENTER TOURNAMENTS AT ALL?!?? If we aren't going to win 1st, we're just PAYING money and NOT GETTING IT BACK!

What a profound realization. I'm not entering this tournament unless it's free.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I'm just playing around, I would have come if it wasn't so short notice. Scar it was a failed attempt complement towards you and Cactaur. Chill go take a Valium or something.

Beat

Smash Ace
I think that whoever does the best Snake impression should win the 31st tournament, even if he's not in Melee...

Incidentally, if I have money the 17th and 31st, consider me entered. I'll need a teammate for either event.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I think that whoever does the best Snake impression should win the 31st tournament, even if he's not in Melee...

Incidentally, if I have money the 17th and 31st, consider me entered. I'll need a teammate for either event.
OH SHI--

Last time I did a Snake impression, it turned out to be Jules from Pulp Fiction. You should have seen what happened to the bus full of orphans. I gave them all parents.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
haha sry bout that

good seein u in melee, u must be practicing, ur crazy good now, pretty much back where u were. r u maining doc again or still stickin with falco?
He came down with it!

Velocity

Smash Lord
haha sry bout that

good seein u in melee, u must be practicing, ur crazy good now, pretty much back where u were. r u maining doc again or still stickin with falco?
He came down with it!
I have not been practicing at all, though i did play alot last weekend at wesleys and alukards tourney, im not back at where i was but i plan on surpassing that, and im just going to play doc and falco and use them when i see fit.

Top Bottom