• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic vs. Pits is one of the most one-sided matchups I have ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm guessing he runs into Pit's side-B.

And gets hit by arrows.

And jumps into Pit in the air.

And runs into Pit's side-B.

and spindashes too much.

and spindashes into Pit's side-B.

Wrenchmonkey375

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing he runs into Pit's side-B.

And gets hit by arrows.

And jumps into Pit in the air.

And runs into Pit's side-B.

and spindashes too much.

and spindashes into Pit's side-B.
No, I can't get through his smashes due to a lack of speed and priority

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Maybe Sonic isn't the character for you. Sonic has plenty of speed. But you have fists, and your opponent has swords. Why would you think your fists would outprioritize his swords? Try baiting and punishing the smash attacks (Sonic is fast enough to do this), or play a character with a bigger sword if you absolutely must beat out his attacks all the time...

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I promise you that if you mix up these two things with a little common sense you'll instantly see results:

Dash > sideB (with varying time on when you release)
Dash > shield Cancel > Grab during/after Pit's smash attack

nothing advanced there, just basic moves that might help you force some other situations.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Pit for some reason is one of my easiest matchups.It's probably because he's predictable.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You're kidding right? Sonic is only the FASTEST character in the game in terms or movement speed. Try using this to your advantage to get around priority (which IMO is really not a problem). Also fake him out, Sonic is not an "in-your-face" fighter, he has to play his opponent like a puppet and make him mess up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sonic vs. pit is one of the most one sided matchups in the game.
OH MY GAWD! I know right!? Its like pit cant do anything against me. I feel like I am playing MK when I go into this match. Its like they are playing sonic, and they are the ones that dont have any strength or priority. It makes me so happy to play this match

P.S. I am dead serious, i really dont understand how a character as bad as sonic, drops such compact and complete duces on a character as good as pit

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Bingo.

And his dair is still decent, because it's still hard to beat unless you predicted it (since our uair is faster, but still).

Tenki

Smash Hero
I jabbed and clang cancelled a mach tornado.

wut nao.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
His Uair and Nair ar ehis best ones.
his Fair and Bair have terrible, terrible range.
Dair has range but can't do anyhing to Sonic's Uair.

Anyways Sonic's tilt clangs with Pit's smashes.
that really doesnt matter, attacks clang all the time, what matters is whose next move is faster, and will hit again, and sonic will proly lose this battle unless the opponent is caught off guard...

R4ZE

Smash Ace
just ASC. SD does work on pit, but u have to be in his dead zone (which is just outside his smash range)

just wait for him to execute fsmash, and roll in there for the punish.

i think the basic principle to beating pit is to punish him after his attacks have been executed. and if ur in melee range, ur gona wanna get out.. thats the main way that pit kills. tilts would proble come out fast enuff to save a sonic tho.

arrows? jump over them or roll under them, even dodge and sheild. .no biggie.

just avoid bair and smashed, ull be fine.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
that really doesnt matter, attacks clang all the time, what matters is whose next move is faster, and will hit again, and sonic will proly lose this battle unless the opponent is caught off guard...
Well, if you're close enough, Sonic's jab comes out in 3 frames. Or you could just run away after the clash (and be out of range by the time their attack comes out lol:laugh:).

And didn't we already go over this matchup in the Pit boards?

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
haha you are right, i am a pit main and fighting sonic is a straight up joke. I use the mirror sheild on his dumb self. sonic=worst char in game... but kinda fun to beat n00bs with i guess

aeghrur

Smash Champion
haha you are right, i am a pit main and fighting sonic is a straight up joke. I use the mirror sheild on his dumb self. sonic=worst char in game... but kinda fun to beat n00bs with i guess
Well, i guess I can't expect noobs to play veteran sonics, there's too few of them.
Where's memphis...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Check out the discussion that's just gone on at the Pit boards match-up thread, it's just recently been updated and there's some pretty useful stuff there.
It's a pretty even match-up. In fact, VERY even.

I would 3 stock you in a game, I'd put $100 on it. Get out of this thread you fucking scrub. Who you beating, level 3's?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You haven't played against Snake have you? He can literally win against Sonic by holding A.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Check out the discussion that's just gone on at the Pit boards match-up thread, it's just recently been updated and there's some pretty useful stuff there.
It's a pretty even match-up. In fact, VERY even.

I would 3 stock you in a game, I'd put $100 on it. Get out of this thread you fucking scrub. Who you beating, level 3's?
Woah there no need to get hostile!! Haha, you'd lose your money, im no n00b and you wouldnt 3 stock me. Id bet 100$ on THAT

Afropony

Smash Lord
I suggest you don't say that when this is the place Chis lurks around *shudders*

Tenki

Smash Hero
I suggest you don't say that when this is the place Chis lurks around *shudders*
that made me lol actually.
Or when Memphis is here. (=<
no, memphis just tells scrubnoobs and potential sonic noobs to go away.

and periodically reminds everyone how much he hates them.

anyway, people who haven't fought competent Sonic mains should stfu about how uneven the matchup is.

also, pretty picture!

hay guyz i drew diz rly nice picchur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom