• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A defensive use for sing?

Glick

Smash Lord
I've done it to recovering falcos once or twice. Their side be has the same effect. Its really too risky to do. With jigglypuff being so light and stuff, I doubt you can convince anybody to do this in an important match.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've actually done this in the two days I've used her. But what sparks my interest is the fact would it work, per say, with a C. Falcon who always tend to do the sliding Usmashes right to the ledge. If you SH and ledge cancel sing, would they go flying off the stage asleep. Heck it's worth a try. XD

Glick

Smash Lord
No. As soon as you go offstage you automatically wake up. Bummer, huh? If they really knew what was good for jigglypuff they would have given jigglypuff the best edge guard ever and had people fall asleep while in mid-air.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That would be sexy, but still the SH Sine ledge cancel is pretty sexy. Then you can hit him with a fair.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And DP, but I thought this might be something unknown. If it's known, I blame my limited Jiggly knowledge. But Ledge cancel a sing, they go to sleep and use rest. It kills. If that's known...then sowwy. ^_^

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah I was just about to say, why would I Fair when I can land and charge a Fsmash or rest. If they aren't in rest killing damage range then I'd go with the Fsmash and not give them a free hit on me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yup.

And I tried all possibilities of having a wall infinite and she does not to my knowledge. Tested Dtilt, Grab Release, Jab, Ftilt, and one thing that did work a few times though was:

At over 70%, grab, pommel, grab release rest. It was nice.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Yup.

And I tried all possibilities of having a wall infinite and she does not to my knowledge. Tested Dtilt, Grab Release, Jab, Ftilt, and one thing that did work a few times though was:

At over 70%, grab, pommel, grab release rest. It was nice.
explain grab release i don't get it

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn't think it would but we were dickin around and it did

Top Bottom