• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new lucas tournament rankings thread

Levitas

the moon
I apologize for any loss of information in formatting/whatever during the transition from the old thread to this thread. If you guys care, I can try to redo the formatting to get hyperlinks from the old thread working and stuff.

Since the old thread was organized well, I'll keep that format going. Kudos to Zman for doing the old one in the first place.

South Lucas:
ZMan won 5th in singles and 4th in doubles out of 50 people at the Super Giant First Brawl Fest Ever in Albuquerque, NM

Galeon won 1st in singles and 3rd in doubles out of 44 people at the Seibrik & Linguini Presents: Brawl Bash!! in Miami, FL

Galeon won 1st in singles and 1st in doubles out of 30 people at the IceKid Presents "Come take my $ tournament" in Palm Beach, FL

Galeon won 17th in singles and 2nd in doubles out of 70 people at the Seibrik & Linguini Presents: Brawl Bash II in Miami, FL

Galeon won 3rd in singles and 9th in doubles out of 126 people at the GigaBits Tournament in Orlando, FL

ZMan won 3rd out of 40-some people in singles at the NVGA Supercon in Albuquerqe, NM and won $52.

ZMan was tied for 5th at the Alburquerque monthly in Alb, NM.

ZMan got 7th in a random Ninja Monkey tourny and 17th at MAST.

Midwest Lucas:
Supercake placed 8th out of 44 in singles at the Miskatonic Tournament in Lexington, Ky with Lucas.

Levitas placed 9th out of 42 in U of M biweekly 13 in Ann Arbor, MI.

Season got 3rd out of 30 at the DUMB in Winona, MN.

Seanson got 7th out of 80 at the JCCC

Seanson won a free tournament on July 5th and got first in doubles.

Seanson got 5th in some Bi-weeklies in MN.

Seanson got 7th in singles and 2nd in doubles in some tounamnet.

Seanson got 3rd in biweeklies

Tyr placed 9th out of 76 at Season's Beatings III in Columbus

ChaosTheory placed 7th out of 27 at a wichita bi-weekly

West Coast Lucas:
Technomancer won 17th out of 44 in singles at LUST 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada

East Coast Lucas:

GofG came in 5th at a brawl tournament at Animazement yesterday. Granted, the biggest name there was Ali, second best player in NC, but eh.

GofG won 5th in singles out of 120 people at the Animazement Brawl Tournament in Durham, NC.

Cyberden 1v1 {56 people} [4/20] - Placed 2nd (Noraa)

*Smashfest 1v1{64 people} [4/24] - Placed 3rd (Noraa)

*Cyberden 1v1 {128 people} [5/1] - 49th place (good job tom) (Noraa

*Cyberden 1v1 {56 people} [5/29] - 17th place (Noraa)

*Cyberden 1v1 {56 People} [9/27] - 9th place (Noraa)

*XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. 1v1 {88 people} [8/10] - 33rd (really upset about it)(Noraa)

Candian Lucas:

Trozz got 9th at the SFU May 31st Tournament in Vancouver, B.C.

Some Ness/Lucas team got third in SFU 8

Europe Lucas:

Some cat named Serpit got first in a tourny in Europe.

Australian Lucas:

Anywhere else in the world Lucas:
Piggy got 2nd in a L.I. tourny back in May, making the results irrelevant today.

Smart idiot got first in a tourny that barely gets on Ankoku's list.

proAPC got first in a small tournament in Santa Marta, Colombia

proAPC got 11th out of 70 at some random tournament. wierd rules.

proAPC placed first in a tourney with 200 people for a wii. wierd rules.

Bubbleman Nsider got 1st out of 26 at Ponce, Puerto Rico

rofa

Smash Journeyman
best lucas on west coast is TheBoss. he freaking good at this game man. he doesn't play as much anymore, but he has ***** some doubles tournies and done pretty well in singles. ill see if i can find results. trust me, he goooood

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i placed 11 out of 70 in a 1 vs 1 tourney with items
i placed last (:() in a tourney probably with the highest level i have been, my classic controller broke and i had to play with a GC controller :(. 30 people
next saturday, i have the final of a really big noobish tourney. Tournament with 200 people, all stages, all items in high, free for all, if i won, then i finally have my Wii :D. It started 2 weeks ago

Levitas

the moon
Guys, don't forget to make sure ankoku has the tournaments in his rankings thread. It doesn't have data posted again yet, but it will soon, and currently I am not aware of any lucas placings within his data.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i placed first in a tourney with 200 people, all stages, all items in high, free for all, and finally i got a wii :D
PK Starstorm for (final smash) top tier
now i need the game...

Trozz

Smash Ace
^
I don't think there can ever be a tier list for that sort of thing. Grats though. (=
Was this online?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I tied for 9th at Season's Beatings III in Columbus

full results here
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=5662824&postcount=517

76 people if I remember right.

I was really disappointed with my results. I played much better in casuals before the tournament than I did in the real thing. I had some epic matches against Dook who got 4th. I think I got one recorded that I might be able to get up eventually. It was my first tournament ever so nerves got to me. Also I got sick during the day and threw up three times after it was over (johns.) But I had a ton of fun and there were some really good players there. Quivo is the best toon link player I've ever seen. Forward has a ridiculously good Pit.

Ummm but yeah I was tearing it up in casual one on ones and surprised a whole lot of players by showing them that Lucas is a force to be reckoned with. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to beat arrogant Snake and Metaknight players with Lucas. Dook's Snake was really good. I wish I'd gotten to go against him in the tournament. In casuals I think I was 2 out of 3 against his Lucario and 1 of 2 against his Snake.

Oh yeah, and I only used Lucas. No secondaries.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i placed first in a tourney with 200 people, all stages, all items in high, free for all, and finally i got a wii :D
PK Starstorm for (final smash) top tier
now i need the game...
That reminds of the Gamestop tourny the night prior to brawl's release. I almost won but Diddy+ lightning bolt+ starman + final smash + the old yoshi island = one ****ed up Lucas. And you should win more tournaments and order this.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Should we have a Lucas Power Rankings like some of the other characters? It'd encourage people to get better with Lucas, etc.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
thats actually a great idea
i'm glad i thought of it!
I'm sorry, jeez. Tonality doesn't transfer well over teh internet tubes but I meant to say it as "SHOULD WE have... yadda yadda yadda." It was your idea. Good stuff. And I was trying to help you out by supporting your idea with a point.

*sigh* ToxiCrow, if you want help setting this thing, I'm down.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
ha you're a good sport Marceux.
And Levitas, i actually hav no idea how to set it up, but i still think it'd be a great idea. so maybe Marceux can set it up and i'll be the helper

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I dun know, that'd be a big responsibility on my shoulders, having all of the Lucas Boards on my case. I've done Power Rankings before and they're easy when someone tries to be as objective as possible.

IF I WERE TO DO IT, here's how I would: I would go by who you've beaten in SETS at TOURNAMENTS and who you have lost to; no money matches; placing in a tournament would not matter too much; tournament size certainly helps; and tournament region would also help. I'd make a start date and cut-off date. If we were going to make a PR for mid-November, I'd say the cutoff date should be September 01 to Today. Also, if anyone would like to be considered, they'd have to submit PROOF, tournament data to me between those dates. Consistency is important, etc, etc. Also, I'd hand-pick a panel of people to join me from the Lucas boards that are knowledgeable and come from different areas. Again, IF I WERE TO DO IT.

And if you guys want to see how I've done it elsewhere, you can check out my site: http://sdsmash.wordpress.com.

Levitas

the moon
I'd do it strictly by a point system, like what ankoku's list does, except with players.

Rankings in tournaments give you a certain number of points, the pot at stake is multiplied by the points you earn for your placement in the tournament.

That seems like the easiest and most effective way.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Also one of the more inaccurate ways. Placing does not matter if the tournament is seeded poorly. For example; you play M2K first round, and in losers you immediately play Overswarm or Forward. This has happened in the past, and does not really reflect how well you do. Not to mention, not all tournaments have similar prize structures or rules. And what about tournaments with strict prize limits but variable amounts of people show up? 10 to 200.

Power Rankings are fundamentally a matter of opinion and thus in most cases, stray from the factual. They are not too accurate. But that's not what we want, right? We want something general. We want people to aspire to beat or play like. A number by a name can do much to inspire. Those are my two cents. But you're right about one thing, the point system will be easier.

Levitas

the moon
I do understand the flaws of this system. It's important to note that no matter how you seed a double elimination tournament, it really has a resolution of 2... and that's assuming skill is linear...

The problem with using who's played/beaten who is that there are a lot of little pockets/islands of smashers that never interact, so there's no way to directly compare them. Unless DSF comes back to Ann Arbor, I will probably never have a chance to play him or anyone from california.

Of course the tournaments that would be counted would have to conform to a standard set of rules, but there really isn't a good way to do this.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I cede the point and bow to your wisdom.

Hmm... how 'bout instead of outright Power Rankings we have "Best Lucas by Region"?

Noraa

Smash Lord
id do it, just make a point system, 1st at a tourny is 8 points then 2nd is 7 n so on.
So you have to polace top 8 to get points?

Levitas

the moon
If you go by ankoku's scheme directly, you do.

I'd do something more like # of players * entry fee * base points earned

something like
1st => 64
2nd => 32
3rd => 16
4th => 8
5th => 4
7th => 2
9th => 1
13th => .5

and so on.

The most obvious problem with this plan is that skill present at each tournament is not equal, and we would have people that get 1st in a poor environment doing way better than someone who gets 9th at a tournament with really tough competition. The hope is that big money attracts big names, and the two factors neutralize each other.

Noraa

Smash Lord
to much thinking just do points times how many people show up ...no point for entry fee

Top Bottom