• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short list of things that jigglys pivot grab stops

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
1. against running dash grabs
2. when an opponent air dodges close to the ground
3. non fading bairs/fairs....ur opponent will have to follow after you if ur running :)/excluding G&W/mk
4. if ur opponent spot dodges in an obvious pattern u can run and pivot grab him immediately after(with u being next to ur opponent of course)
5. some dash attacks...timing is critical tho
6. u can pivot grab immediately after ur opponent dodge rolls...spacing memorization plz
7. nairs...obviously (run in the direction they nair...then pivot grab)
8. nair into ur opponent and then quickly run thru them to pivot grab :p
9. situational: opponent is at a really high vertical distance and bairs ex:G&W, u can run past them and pivot grab in front of them.

I hope this helps and shows how useful the pivot grab is, i wish i could record vids, i have so many replays of my jiggly combos/ uses of techs:(

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
So pivot grab can stop all those things o.0? Awesome! I imagine its because her grab already has great range. I forget, do you have to be running to do it? If you do a running grab in the opposite direction you are facing, is that a running pivot grab, or just a running grab? I might be a good idea to explain what a pivot grab is, for the people who don't know. Otherwise, they can never learn it, right?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
its basically a running grab and its fun to mind game noobs u like to dair in front of and think that you'll get blown back by impact, ex.Toonlink, you can pivot grab any dair and not have to worry about any damage to your sheild or being blown to far to sheild grab, it even works on Gay and watch

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
Game in watch you say?

WELL THEN. Imma knock down my personal percentage towards him from 100:0 in his favor to 80:20.

Cool beans.

Top Bottom