• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New discovery? WITH A VIDEO EXAMPLE!

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really new to me, I've been trying to perfect it for a few weeks now, but I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this.
It involves B-sticking though. It's like free-pull, except 2 times longer, and while dashing.

At first, you dash, then halfway, you pull a turnip, and you go 2 times the normal length of the turnip pull. WITHOUT stopping. It's in one flowing motion.

This is how you do it.
You dash a short distance(for about 2-4 peaches?), stop (not fully), then before you fully end the dash animation (about halfway), you quickly tilt backwards, then immediately hit forward while hitting down on the B-stick.

Theres like, a perfect version(full length), and a lesser version, where you go the normal length of the turnip pull, and you're facing the opposite direction in which you started.

This is extremely useful, because if you're running away, you can pull a turnip AND escape at the same time.

Is this a new technique or has someone discovered it already?
If not, I'll make a crappy video of it lol.
EDIT: heres the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcY4nag57cQ

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I know many of the peaches here won't convert to B-sticking, but for me, free-pulling alone was worthy changing to B-stick. This is like a bonus :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It involves B-sticking though.
This made me annoyed I didn't find it first. Arg.

Apples, it's like you and me are the only ones Bsticking on here. I'll attempt to do this - maybe I've done it before?

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, C-sticking for fair is vital. Usually now I can't even auto-cancel a fair properly D:, but I'm sure I just have to re-learn the timing..

and yes, I'll put a video up in the next few days. Hopefully.
EDIT: or maybe we could meet on wi-fi if I can't put a video up soon.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Apples, I just remembered. Did this go anywhere? I still can't do it...

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i think this was found out awhile ago... :( i could be wrong

but i have done it sometimes when fooling around, but i rarely use b sticking in matches

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
i think this was found out awhile ago... :( i could be wrong
I don't recall... though Phanna or someone said something about "tapping the stick back and forth to get more distance", maybe he did it accidentally a few times.

I can do this "Turnip Dash Pull" now. Time to make it a habit...

Top Bottom