• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New C.Falcon Techs!!!

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I looked around the falcon boards and couldn't find anything mentioning these techs, I did not create these vids, I just found them on youtube

C.falcon edge hugging (its a little different then edge hugging)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCOmGH2oaI&feature=related

Sliding falcon tech (there's a MOONWALK in here O_o, which can be a potential edge hog technique)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvUZHyY_LQ

Another sliding Falcon ( I actually found this out myself along time ago, but never had a camera to show, I'm also sure you all did this at least once, but never talked about it )

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fHfNKosUvoU&feature=related

Please comment :) thank you

Lionman

Smash Champion
C.falcon edge hugging
Already discovered

Sliding falcon tech
Already discovered "Squirtle AT"

Another sliding Falcon
Already discovered i think "I use this very often"

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Though these are discovered and such I give props for the vids to teach others. Though I would suggest taking out that you discovered them to be perfectly honest.

Also don't take the idiots that say the already know the tech and then proceed to insulting to heart. Youtub is full of idiots.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
C.falcon edge hugging
Already discovered

Sliding falcon tech
Already discovered "Squirtle AT"

Another sliding Falcon
Already discovered i think "I use this very often"

and for some reason, no one talks about it in the falcon boards O_o

Though these are discovered and such I give props for the vids to teach others. Though I would suggest taking out that you discovered them to be perfectly honest.

Also don't take the idiots that say the already know the tech and then proceed to insulting to heart. Youtub is full of idiots.
i never said i discovered them nor did i make the vids, all i said was i found them on youtube, and decided to share it on smashboards, thanks for the comment

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
The quarter circle hugging was discovered before Brawl was even out in the U.S. Definitely the quickest and most reliable way to edgehog with any character.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
The quarter circle hugging was discovered before Brawl was even out in the U.S. Definitely the quickest and most reliable way to edgehog with any character.
I never seen it being mentioned, or being done in a match :confused:

That edgehugging...
works with anyone.
the edgehugging in the vid, is a little different then the normal edgehug you're probably speaking of (where you just run off the ledge and and point to the stage), because in this type of edgehog, you have to roll off the stage

carnivore

Smash Cadet
the edgehugging in the vid, is a little different then the normal edgehug you're probably speaking of (where you just run off the ledge and and point to the stage), because in this type of edgehog, you have to roll off the stage
You're right in that most characters don't even have to bother with the quarter circle, because they can just hold back towards the stage and still grab it, but the quarter circle is still faster and works for everyone.

Unfortunately you can see how little people are trying to improve their Falcons when you only see like 2 or 3 players even rely on instant edge hugs in their game. It requires a lot of practice and people just don't care enough for Falcon to put in the time.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
You're right in that most characters don't even have to bother with the quarter circle, because they can just hold back towards the stage and still grab it, but the quarter circle is still faster and works for everyone.

Unfortunately you can see how little people are trying to improve their Falcons when you only see like 2 or 3 players even rely on instant edge hugs in their game. It requires a lot of practice and people just don't care enough for Falcon to put in the time.
i agree with everything you just said :laugh:

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
I just read Ayaz' thread "this is pathetic, and I agreed with everything, we as falcons care more about having fun than winning, thats why we dont main MK and the reason why joke threads get more comments than serious ones,

Now im bringing this thread back to life in a last attempt to (in a way) make us more serious and discuss on possible staples in falcons game

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I don't main Mk because everyone else mains him, as for sonic im a fan plus he's not a high tier like most of the others.

Roager

Smash Ace
I don't main Mk because everyone else mains him, as for sonic im a fan plus he's not a high tier like most of the others.
Not important. No offense, but you missed the point. Ayaz critisized the falcon boards, and Blaze is trying to do what Ayaz said we should be doing: Working on metagame.

So, uh, as for anything actually related to topic... I dunno. There's a reason this thread died. Nobody knows anything to post here... Playing Falcon well is less about AT's and more about knowing what to do and when. Really, the only AT's Falcon can claim... Sliding up slopes, and ledgehopping knees... Stuff we already know about.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
Not important. No offense, but you missed the point. Ayaz critisized the falcon boards, and Blaze is trying to do what Ayaz said we should be doing: Working on metagame.

So, uh, as for anything actually related to topic... I dunno. There's a reason this thread died. Nobody knows anything to post here... Playing Falcon well is less about AT's and more about knowing what to do and when. Really, the only AT's Falcon can claim... Sliding up slopes, and ledgehopping knees... Stuff we already know about.
thank u, i was looking for a comment like that

I just want somebody to figure out a way we can use the moonwalk to our advantage(im having trouble doing it myself :laugh:)

Roager

Smash Ace
I haven't looked into it much, never really tried to do it. But it looks like the option ending in dash attack (run, pivot, turn + attack, if i remember right) could be used as a defensive option, for use against slow grounded attacks (like DK dash attack, even though nobody ever uses it) You get the idea. Also could work for stall and falls, like GW or maybe a wizard foot... Something. Other than that, I dont really see much use. Edgeguards out, considering you would have to run away, and then back, and then MAYBE make it to the edge. I dont see it being useful, considering we have edgehugging.

Anyway, point is, it's it looks situational at best. That said, maybe we can find a use for it, and if we do, awesome. I'll experiment a bit, as should everyone else.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
and for some reason, no one talks about it in the falcon boards
Im certainly glad someone said it. I dont know if any of you realize it, but certain regulars in the falcon boards, and the deutschbaggery that occurs herein, have given these boards a stink such as is only known on the Sonic boards.

how are we supposed to accomplish anything as falcon mains with all this negativity towards one another. seriously, i have to contend constantly with the predetermined reputation of being a deutschbag simply because i play falcon. For lack of a better sentiment, thats ********.

take note of what Ayaz is saying, get your stuff together, and get along- stop nitpicking eachother, for christsake.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I just read Ayaz' thread "this is pathetic, and I agreed with everything, we as falcons care more about having fun than winning, thats why we dont main MK and the reason why joke threads get more comments than serious ones,

Now im bringing this thread back to life in a last attempt to (in a way) make us more serious and discuss on possible staples in falcons game
Blaze you are cool and all, but this is an insult
I play to win, even with falcon. This may make it harder to achieve my goal, but I still play to win.
I main falcon because I see potential in him, and I want to try to become a good smasher with falcon, no matter his tier placement

and there are enough serious topics with a good amount of posts (incuding this one:))

Tenki

Smash Hero
Im certainly glad someone said it. I dont know if any of you realize it, but certain regulars in the falcon boards, and the deutschbaggery that occurs herein, have given these boards a stink such as is only known on the Sonic boards.

how are we supposed to accomplish anything as falcon mains with all this negativity towards one another.
For the record, we didn't flame each other, because we did our work and read stickies and didn't ask stupid questions that were already answered in the stickies.

We flamed idiots who expected to be spoonfed everything or continuously gave erroneous input in real discussion ("lololz hit pokemon trainer while he's changing pokemon!" ... as if a PT main would really give you that chance). Lazy newbies who don't read stickies and tier-crusader fanboys are to the Sonic boards as "Falcon is the worst character in the game" and "omgolololzfalcon punch" is to the Falcon boards.

As for local spam from regulars, we were bored :laugh:

seriously, i have to contend constantly with the predetermined reputation of being a deutschbag simply because i play falcon. For lack of a better sentiment, thats ********.
I don't think that has anything to do with the boards.

I think it's more that your opponents think "wtf he's using the worst character in the game against me! he's not taking me seriously!"

It doesn't matter because the majority of non-Falcon mains use Falcon strictly just for fun, and his tier rank doesn't really doesn't help the reputation. People assume that just because a character is ranked the worst makes it an insta-punching bag. Anyone who's played as/against a good Falcon would know better though.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I certainly agree, and personally play falcon because I too see immense potential in him. I still stand firm that we should just tolerate the new ***s and get down to business.

Mostly I'm just buthurt because my pride as falcon is only shared by a slim few. You vets should embrace newcomers. Not flame them with pointless interbutt negativity. By what statute has any xenomer ever assimilated perfectly into a new flock of zealots? It has never occured. Cut them some slack.

Hats off to the few whom seem more interested in the metastasization of this character's use, than in some perfunctory way gaurding him from a painfully miscommunicated prophecy of perversion by new entrants unto this forum.

There is no argument to win, only some fleeting squabble- victory is not my intention here, I am merely envious of the more collected character boards. I know we have the devices in which to attain that level of cooperation. We should also invite and rally those proverbial wet ears to our flag, not turn them away with elitism.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I certainly agree, and personally play falcon because I too see immense potential him. I still stand firm that we should just tolerate the new ***s and get down to business.

Mostly I'm just buthurt because my pride as falcon is only shared by a slim few. You vets should embrace newcomers. Not flame them with pointless interbutt negativity. By what statute has any xenomer ever assimilated perfectly into a new flock of zealots? It has never occured. Cut them some slack.

Hats off to the few whom seem more interested in the metastasization of this character's use, than in some perfunctory way gaurding him from a painfully miscommunicated prophecy of perversion by new entrants unto this forum.

There is no argument to win, only some fleeting squabble- victory is not my intention here, I am merely envious of the more collected character boards. I know we have the devices in which to attain that level of cooperation. We should also invite and rally those proverbial wet ears to our flag, not turn them away with elitism.
Translate plz

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
Blaze you are cool and all, but this is an insult
I play to win, even with falcon. This may make it harder to achieve my goal, but I still play to win.
I main falcon because I see potential in him, and I want to try to become a good smasher with falcon, no matter his tier placement

and there are enough serious topics with a good amount of posts (incuding this one:))
im sorry, dont feel offended, it was an old post, actually it was before i fought u, and i take back wat i said because there has been improvement and i also see potential in him especially after i fought u lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
Translate plz
I certainly agree, and personally play falcon because I see a ton of potential in him. But I still think we should tolerate newbs and just get on with it..

Mainly, I'm just butthurt because only a few people are proud to play Falcon like I am.. You vets should embrace newcomers. Not grill them with flaming steak. Since when has an outsider ever been accepted by a group of fanboys? It's never happened. Cut them some slack.

Hats off to the few whom seem more interested in moving this character's metagame (possible implication: by accepting newbies who are probably months behind everyone else and could leave this community at any time?), instead of routinely guarding them from a feared wave of facepalm/misrepresentation coming from newbies to the forum.

There is no argument to win, only some temporary problems/fights - I'm not here to win, I just wish we were more like the Marth boards. We probably could do that if we tried. We should also invite and rally newbies to our side, instead of making them go away.
Ok?

I still don't buy it though.

On the Falcon side of things, you don't really get the problem of having to explain a somewhat complex special attack to newbies like we have to in the Sonic boards, so I'm not sure just how relevant the stickies here are. But I still think there has to be some level of cooperation from newbies (that is, they should also read stickies/get caught up with their own knowledge) in order for there to be mutual acceptance.

:dizzy:

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more that your opponents think "wtf he's using the worst character in the game against me! he's not taking me seriously!"
:laugh: I value this fact as somewhat Ultimately true! I was reading one of Ayaz18's threads and he said to act noobsih on tourney even when they haven't even begun yet! making other players take it less seriously (because they will assume they can beat you easily), "your using Captain Falcon? are you a noob?!"

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Hats off to the few whom seem more interested in the metastasization of this character's use[\quote]
I can understand this part, that's quite relevant.... acutally more of a congratulations thing. Correct me if I am wrong

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I certainly agree, and personally play falcon because I too see immense potential him. I still stand firm that we should just tolerate the new ***s and get down to business.

this post is filled with truth and win

im sorry, dont feel offended, it was an old post, actually it was before i fought u, and i take back wat i said because there has been improvement and i also see potential in him especially after i fought u lol
don't worry about it:)
I just wanted you to know that falcon is still a part of brawl even though he may be the 'worst' character at the moment.

I'm glad to hear you see potential in falcon too :D

and thanks:)

Top Bottom