• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stage discussion v1.1(delphino) see first page for progress

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Hopefully this will help me with my guide.Oh yeah and what stage is sv bad or good for? if you dont think i can run a discussion then go make another,who says you have to look at mine??? and if you havent noticed i'm putting it in my Guide,that is why the notes are not in this thread.THIS IS JUST TO HELP ME WITH A GUIDE

This what i have so far
Battlefield

About- It has a main platform with 3 hovering over it. It has four background phases of the stage:Morning, Evening,Night,Dawn

Tips- This is a good place for counterpicking against chain grabbers. The platforms help Falcon attack from underneath, Uair wors great from attacking underneath. The chaingrabs become short and the platforms help avoid you from camping.

Counterpicking(Good Stage)- Falco, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, King DeDeDe, Link, Pikachu, Sonic

Bad Against- Bowser, Donkey Kong, Ike, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Luigi, Marth, Olimar, Peach, Snake

Neutral-

Dont Know- Diddy Kong, Fox, Mr.Game and Watch, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Meta Knight, Ness, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, Samus, Shiek, Toon Link, Wario, Wolf, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Final Destination

About- A flat platform. The broundground continuously changes. There are no hazrds or moving objects here.

Tips- This is one of Falcon's okay stages. Well you have to approach without any platforms so it may be more difficult especially against campers. The ledge helps you do easier ledge hopped attacks and you can do reverse Falcon Dive recovery that helps you slide a bit to the right when landing. If someone ******** would ever land on the platform while recovering that would be easily punished usng Falcon's speed. The lip edge helps you to Falcon Dive spike your opponet who is edge hogging. Falcon doesnt have many advantages here. Try to avoid campers and chaingrabbers.

Counterpicking
- Snake,

Bad Against- Falco, Ice Climbers, King DeDeDe, Kirby, Link, Lucas, Ness, Pikachu, Samus, Shiek, Sonic

Neutral-

Don't Know- Bowser, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Fox, Mr.Game and Watch, Ganondorf, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Olimar, Peach, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, Toon Link, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus

Smashville

About- This stage has a main platform and a platform above it that moves left to right slowly. The background changes to match your Wii's internal clock. There are charcters from Animal Crossing who are in the background. About every minute a baloon pops up.

Tips-

Counterpicking(Good Stage)-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Yoshi Island

About- The hovering platform tilts vertically and horizontally during gameplay. The main platform has a wave like shape. The background has 4 seasonal changes. (Spring>Summer>Fall>Summer). Sometimes Shyguys might get in your way.

Tips- The mock wave land is an excellent move for this place. Uairs are crazy for this stage, You can use this to gimp player's recovery. Falcon Dives are also good for this stage, this stage helps out the dive's recovery, and you ca't get stuck under he stage. When the top platform is leaning your way and your opponet is on it take advantage of that situation. You can't staage spike here either. The small stage gives a quick death. Heres a summary

Counterpicking(Good Stage) -

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Don't Know-

Castle Siege

About- There are 3 different phases. Every 40 seconds the stage changes.
Phase 1- You can see fireballs moving i the background and a castle. It has a main platform and two above it. In the middle of the main platform, it is slanted.
Phase 2- You move into the castle. It has two platforms above, but can be knocked down. If you break the statues they will fall and crumble. There are also two slanted platforms near the top.
Phase 3- You get teleported to a lava stage. It has one platform, that is a rock. It slowly tilts left and right. The platform isnt really staight either.
Transition Phase- Staight line across the whole screen. There is a tan background.

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Delphino Plaza

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Battleship Halberd

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-
Lylat Cruise

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Pokemon Stadium 1(Melee)

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Brinstar

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Corneria

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Distant Planet

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Frigate Orpheon

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Green Hill Zone

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Jungle Japes

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Luigi's Mansion

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Norfair

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Pictochat

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Pirate Ship

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Pokemon Stadium 2(Brawl)

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Rainbow Cruise

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Yoshi Island(Pipes,Melee)

About-

Tips-

Bad Stage-

Neutral-

Dont Know-

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I use Bowser a lot and I can tell you this...stay OFF the platforms. Uptilt, Fsmash, UpSmash, and Fortress can all get you. Hell a short hopped Fair can even get you. XD BF is among Bowser best stages because he can have total control of the stage. Whether it's infinite jumping on the platforms or using his firebreath to force you into the air, he has you covered here. :/

If you're going to win on BF against Bowser it needs to be off stage. If you have a ledge camper just run and Bair stage spike him. :p Bowser is a HUGE target so your chances of Dair spiking him are much greater.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lmao I don't even know if this is 'on topic':

Falcon Punch is pretty cool.

Falling Reverse Falcon Punch and floating slightly to the side of someone charging a smash attack is nice.
On less laggy people, sometimes a slow SH [like, 'mis-space'] forward Falcon Punch is pretty cool, since it's considerably faster than an RFP, and can catch things like landing lag and some moves' ending lag alot easier.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
So ehm... What exactly are you after? What is it that we're supposed to be discussing? :S
its a disscussiobn thread.instead of 3 different threads i combinded them.you can talk about any of the 3 listed
lmao I don't even know if this is 'on topic':

Falcon Punch is pretty cool.

Falling Reverse Falcon Punch and floating slightly to the side of someone charging a smash attack is nice.
lol,yeah its on toipic
On less laggy people, sometimes a slow SH [like, 'mis-space'] forward Falcon Punch is pretty cool, since it's considerably faster than an RFP, and can catch things like landing lag and some moves' ending lag alot easier.
lol.yeah its on topic

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Battle Field... A stage where I DON"T feel like almost all my moves have no use. *coughFDcough* I like the stage. Its good for getting a few attacks in from various ledges if your enemy gets on top of it. It also is a bit harder for chain grabs for some charies which is good for Falcon imo.

Bowser... Hmm. Not too bad. I haven't gone against a good Bowser to be honest and I just started seconding so.... Yeh. XD

Still I think Fire Breath, his attacks stretching from his body, and Fortress would all make him hard to fight though. But I'd rather fight him then a MK any day.

Paunch.... Its epic. Epic link is epic as well.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
My biggest trouble is with Bowser when he knocks me offstage and I go to recover, and he's breathing fire from the ledge straight down and I take like 100% damage before I get out of it. What do you do against that?

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
My biggest trouble is with Bowser when he knocks me offstage and I go to recover, and he's breathing fire from the ledge straight down and I take like 100% damage before I get out of it. What do you do against that?
yeah i hate that too, but i dont know what to do against that either. if i land near the ledge than he uses fire breath, if i land on the surface than i just get punished

neew discussion!!!

Mit

Smash Ace
I am a lurker who finally registered, and I want to help knock some sense into this board and get things organized for the better of Captain Falcon.

This thread lacks focus and should not be run by someone who can't spell discussion.

We need a moderator or someone important to run a weekly discussion (or atleast someone who can use proper spelling/grammar -.- ), which should probably concentrate on one move/technique at a time (which I believe is what was happening in the past).

Then we need to seriously evaluate that move/technique, and find out every possible thing we can do with it, where it can be useful, how you should use it, if you should even bother using it, and try and discover glitches and whatnot to do with the moves. People need to actually go have sessions where all they do is examine that move/technique and try and find new stuff out, not "WELL I USED IT ON THIS CHARACTER AND HE COULD HIT ME BACK," or "SOMETIMES U CAN DO THIS WHEN THEY DONT DI." There's way too much discussion on this board about cool things people have done when playing against plain sucky opponents, which does not help anyone else trying to actually get Falcon into the metagame.

Discussions should also be summed up when completed, and eventually an actually up to date Falcon guide should be released, with someone running the guide who will actually update it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
We need a moderator or someone important to run a weekly discussion (or atleast someone who can use proper spelling/grammar -.- ), which should probably concentrate on one move/technique at a time (which I believe is what was happening in the past).

Then we need to seriously evaluate that move/technique, and find out every possible thing we can do with it, where it can be useful, how you should use it, if you should even bother using it, and try and discover glitches and whatnot to do with the moves. People need to actually go have sessions where all they do is examine that move/technique and try and find new stuff out, not "WELL I USED IT ON THIS CHARACTER AND HE COULD HIT ME BACK," or "SOMETIMES U CAN DO THIS WHEN THEY DONT DI." There's way too much discussion on this board about cool things people have done when playing against plain sucky opponents, which does not help anyone else trying to actually get Falcon into the metagame.

Discussions should also be summed up when completed, and eventually an actually up to date Falcon guide should be released, with someone running the guide who will actually update it.
Ayaz did this before.

Noone contributed.

So he never resurrected the thread.

Roager

Smash Ace
Mit: you don't have to know how to spell the word discussion to have one. I, for one, care more about what someone is trying to say, than if theyre saying it correctly. (with a few exceptions) Also, it sounds like you're just parroting the Ayaz thread.

That said, yeah, come up with a better format for this thread...

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I think FD is good for Falcon, or at least not bad. The stupid edge doesn't screw his recovery as much as other characters, and wall jump knee's are quite easy.

I think that falcon kick is a great move. It can stop jugglers, and can do 24% max damage to an opponent on a platform. Also, some ppl might find it harder to shield over wi-fi, and at higher percents it knocks them far enough away that you don't get punished.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah i hate that too, but i dont know what to do against that either. if i land near the ledge than he uses fire breath, if i land on the surface than i just get punished

neew discussion!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrl9FPCdrSU&fmt=18

Spam UpB. Either DI it TOWARDS Bowser and grab onto him, as seen in the vid at 1:13 or DI to the edge to get some invincibility frames where you can freely ledge attack the Bowser.. If the Bowser doesn't have it angled down you can easily grab onto him after a few tries. Don't ever try to UpB OVER him and onto the stage...that's exactly where the Bowser wants you because then he has a free Ftilt, Fair, Dsmash, or Upsmash if he knew what you'd do.

If you get caught up in the firebreath on the stage, just DI away. I've run into so many opponents who try to DI into it to get behind Bowser...That works SOMETIMES, but they take like 100% in a few seconds. XD

Mit

Smash Ace
Mit: you don't have to know how to spell the word discussion to have one. I, for one, care more about what someone is trying to say, than if theyre saying it correctly. (with a few exceptions) Also, it sounds like you're just parroting the Ayaz thread.

That said, yeah, come up with a better format for this thread...
That is pretty much what I was doing, but yeah. I believe that to be the best format for finding out new things about characters. With the recent inspiration people have apparently received to help do this, it seems we should go about in in an organized way.

I mean, the thread title says "Falcon Kick, Captain Falcon, Final Destination", and we've been talking about Battlefield, Bowser, Falcon Punches, etc etc. Not really a focused discussion, just 'discussion'.

EDIT: We've also got two other discussion threads talking about the same move (one of them general discussion, one of them specific) and a stickied general discussion thread.

Really need a mod to clean up the stickies and other threads around here :\

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
That is pretty much what I was doing, but yeah. I believe that to be the best format for finding out new things about characters. With the recent inspiration people have apparently received to help do this, it seems we should go about in in an organized way.

I mean, the thread title says "Falcon Kick, Captain Falcon, Final Destination", and we've been talking about Battlefield, Bowser, Falcon Punches, etc etc. Not really a focused discussion, just 'discussion'.

EDIT: We've also got two other discussion threads talking about the same move (one of them general discussion, one of them specific) and a stickied general discussion thread.

Really need a mod to clean up the stickies and other threads around here :\
i've put the informtion in my guide. the first week we were talking about falcon punch,bowser,and battlefield.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrl9FPCdrSU&fmt=18

Spam UpB. Either DI it TOWARDS Bowser and grab onto him, as seen in the vid at 1:13 or DI to the edge to get some invincibility frames where you can freely ledge attack the Bowser.. If the Bowser doesn't have it angled down you can easily grab onto him after a few tries. Don't ever try to UpB OVER him and onto the stage...that's exactly where the Bowser wants you because then he has a free Ftilt, Fair, Dsmash, or Upsmash if he knew what you'd do.

If you get caught up in the firebreath on the stage, just DI away. I've run into so many opponents who try to DI into it to get behind Bowser...That works SOMETIMES, but they take like 100% in a few seconds. XD
oh yeah thanks

I am a lurker who finally registered, and I want to help knock some sense into this board and get things organized for the better of Captain Falcon.

This thread lacks focus and should not be run by someone who can't spell discussion.

alright then,you make one mr.iknowhowtospelldiscussion T_T

Mit

Smash Ace
Perhaps since the other one was flooded with spam you could just make a new one, specifically tell people not to spam (to try and keep the thread serious), and if you discuss something previously discussed, include some highlights from the last thread.

I'd say start with short hop dair (or just dair in general) so we can merge all of these short hop dair discussions into one thread and then move from there.

And dang it, I need to get my sig to automatically attach to my posts...

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
U-Air works wonders on Battlefield, especially dropping from a platform + quick U-Air. Even F-Air works wonders if you're under the opponent. Imo, for most characters, it's great to be under (common sense), because Capt. Falcon is so versatile with U-Air, F-Air, N-Air, U-Tilt, AC D-Air, etc.

Roager

Smash Ace
should I rectify the testing thread?

I WAS going to make it into an eventual guide but the uproar of spam prevented progess
Yeah, I'd like to see a new testing thread up. Dont necro the old one, just make one, and otherwise... What Mit said, I guess...

Mit

Smash Ace
Has this thread transformed into something new?

I'm cool with it anyhow, because it focuses on one thing at a time >_>

Anyhow, Final Destination I think is an ok Falcon stage. I myself prefer to have platforms. They made be bad if you yourself land on one as Falcon, but they're perfect for rushing your enemies from below into the air with Falcon.

Final Destination forces you to approach them on level ground, much more difficult in my opinion.

Stage boundaries are pretty good though. The horizontal boundaries aren't too far out, so if you chase an opponent over the ledge and follow up with a backwards uair (hitting them on the last part of its arc) they'll go straight outward, usually to the edge of the level.

The high corners I've found are useful for Falcon Dive chasing when an opponent DIs way up there to stay alive.

The sloped ledges (I don't know the proper terms for all this mess) are pretty good for Falcon as well. If you play some good ledge guarding games, and can manage to Falcon dive someone against the ledge, they'll usually go straight downward and not be able to recover. The ledges are also pretty easy to fold your falcon dive around when making awkward recoveries.

Short stage length is good for chasing opponents you've sent flying.

That's all I've got.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Perhaps since the other one was flooded with spam you could just make a new one, specifically tell people not to spam (to try and keep the thread serious), and if you discuss something previously discussed, include some highlights from the last thread.

I'd say start with short hop dair (or just dair in general) so we can merge all of these short hop dair discussions into one thread and then move from there.

And dang it, I need to get my sig to automatically attach to my posts...
the short hopped Dairs are beeing discussed here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5636273#post5636273 :)

wangston

Smash Lord
FD is boring there are no platforms to uair and utilt people through. Also when people use a move that has landing lag and they land on a platform it's a free knee to the face.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
I personally find this stage to be a quite even stage for most characters but overall it just doesn't give too much for C Falc in most matches. If you're against a character with any ranged moves, be prepared to close the distance fast or suffer. It also doesn't allow you to use your Airs as much since most of the fight will be on the ground unless one person or another goes in the air to approach or goes flying from an attack. It creates a major problem for some charies such as IC and Yoshi or characters like MK who out prioritize most of his moves.

Overall its an ok stage for C Falc, but I would never suggest using it as a standard stage for him as he has little to gain from a stage with such a huge horizontal surface and a lip edge (can sometimes cause unnecessary KOs from Dive) helps with Dive KOs though.

Mit

Smash Ace
I like this level for Falcon. The horizontal boundaries of the level are pretty small, and Falcon has plenty of moves to chase people out and away from the ledge with in the air, mostly uair. Backwards uairs can lead to a lot of early deaths here.

Another thing that can lead to early deaths is Falcon dives over the ledge. Get your opponent out there, falcon dive him, and chances are you'll still him right off the level.

Of course, those same things are usually advantages to your opponents as well, so you have to keep that in mind. The ledges also make it harder to recover, since you can't move around under the stage at all (making it easier to be gimped). The slanted edges of the level though can help Falcon dive yank it's way back on stage when someone's edgehogging though.

And get them on that platform, and **** them with as many uairs, knees, and utilts as possible.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I love mock-waveland. thats all i can say for yoshi's isalnd lol. The platform is great for safe u-airs and b-airs and on many occasions i've got lucky knees on those plaforms that pop up beside the stage. no stagespiking though, but thats the only downside i see.

Smash Apprentice
Pros:
-Mock-Waveland
-Small stage, bad for projectile whores and Chaingrabbers
-Platform for aerials
-You can do Knee very very easily from the ledge
-You can't Falcon Dive under the stage accidentally
-You can use Uair way easier if enemy is on one of those small chokes
Cons:
-No stagespiking with Bair/Uair/Up-B.
-It's harder to sweetspot knee on this platform because it's moving (at least for me)
-Gay shyguys blocking knee and making you freeze for 1 second or so ;/

I think it's good stage for falcon all in all

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
Nair off the platform is a decent approach. Can't really say much in favor or against his performance in Smashville.

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
on this stage, you can go from one ledge, under the stage, to the other side, using the reverse falcon punch.

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is ma favourite stage for Falcon, it somehow is very easy to perform knees from the ledge and the moving platform can help you a lot.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have a counterpick question for you Captains. Would any of you agree on this?:

:falcon: Captain Falcon
Best: Distant Planet
Worst: Final Destination
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

Top Bottom