• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Table

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
ROB Character matchup chart
In order of the SBR tier list.... [90/10 = really bad] [10/90 = really good]

Meta Knight..... 70/30

Snake............. 40/60

King Dedede.... 60/40

Game & Watch. 65/35

Falco............... 55/45

Marth.............. 50/50

Wario.............. 50/50

Lucario............ 40/60

Donkey Kong... 40/60

Diddy Kong...... 45/55

Pikachu............ 45/55

Ice Climbers..... 40/60

Kirby................ 45/55

Pit.................... 40/60

Wolf................. 40/60

Toon Link.......... 40/60

Olimar............... 40/60

Fox.................... 60/40

Zelda................. 50/50

Zero Suit Samus. 45/55

Bowser.............. 40/60

Luigi.................. 45/55

Peach................ 60/40

Ike.................... 35/65

Shiek................. 40/60

Lucas................. 40/60

Ness.................. 40/60

Mario................. 55/45

Pokemon Trainer. 40/60

Samus................ 45/55

Yoshi.................. 40/60

Sonic.................. 40/60

Jigglypuff............ 40/60

Ganondorf........... 35/65

Link.................... 35/65

Captain Falcon..... 40/60

After playing brawl competitively for 8 months, this is how i feel about R.O.B.'s current matchups
updated as of 11/1/08 (This is temprary and will very likely be replaced by Sudai's chart)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
You should probably have changed the numbers around. Confused the hell out of me when I read what I thought was ROB having a 30:70 disadvantage on Ganondorf. xD
The only one that strikes me odd is being at a disadvantage to Fox.
Being a Sonic main and an old ROB secondary and having match-up knowledge of this I can agree with the match-up being 55:45 in ROB's favour.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Hmmm...DSF did play me as Game and Watch as a joke once, but that does not count.

Also, I'd like to add that Bowser isn't that bad, well at least certainly not 80/20 where he's guaranteed to lose. Grab release to d-tilt by Bowser is a pretty consistent killer against R.O.B. considering his huge size makes him easy to grab for Bowser.

Matt07

Smash Master
Sorry, Blackbelt, I'd have to disagree with you here :(. Only 55/45 in R.O.B's favour? Really? Wow. I'd expect like 70:30 or 60:40, I find R.O.B owns Mario, in my opinion. R.O.B is like impossible to 'gimp' and get's K.O'd till at least 120% by a fresh fsmash.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Mario can combo R.O.B. like a beast, hence the closer match-up. But I think R.O.B. has around a 60:40 match-up, it's sorta squarely in R.O.B.'s favor if he plays properly.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Sorry, Blackbelt, I'd have to disagree with you here :(. Only 55/45 in R.O.B's favour? Really? Wow. I'd expect like 70:30 or 60:40, I find R.O.B owns Mario, in my opinion. R.O.B is like impossible to 'gimp' and get's K.O'd till at least 120% by a fresh fsmash.
It's isn't that impossible. You just have to do it right. You can still cape him and force him to use fuel and fludds halts his momentum. Capes> Lazerz/gyros. MArio can combo like a beast on him.

Smash Master
What can Peach do to ROB. I play both, and whenever I play against ROB, I can't win. If I approach with auto-cancelled aerials, I get out prioritized by everything. If I spam turnips, I get ***** by lazer and gyro. I can never figure out how to get a hit in.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Rob is very easy to me when im using Mario.

Peach has things up her sleeve for Rob. But i say its 55:45 Rob

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB does better than Marth against MK.

F-smash and laser **** Nado.

Your D-tilt ***** his D-tilt.

Harder to gimp.

Uh, ask Teh_Spammerer if you don't believe me.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
ROB does better than Marth against MK.

F-smash and laser **** Nado.

Your D-tilt ***** his D-tilt.

Harder to gimp.

Uh, ask Teh_Spammerer if you don't believe me.
I'd rather use Rob against MK then Mario. 2:8? pfft Thats the same disadv mario has against mk, and rob does things a lot better than Mario does. It doesn't make any sense.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The Marth boards have Marth vs MK at 65/35 MK.

Sooo...ROB vs MK logically should be 6/4 MK LOLOLOLOL.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
What can Peach do to ROB. I play both, and whenever I play against ROB, I can't win. If I approach with auto-cancelled aerials, I get out prioritized by everything. If I spam turnips, I get ***** by lazer and gyro. I can never figure out how to get a hit in.
I play Praxis a lot. Him and I have come up with an agreement that peach has the advantage because of combos and ease of hitting kill moves on ROB's larger than normal hitbox. From what Praxis has told me, Edrees also agrees on Peach having the advantage in this case.

Oh, and you people do realize that ROB is ***** by ONLY the tornado right? You can't shield it because you have a small shield and a large hitbox, you can't DI out, your only moves that stop it are a perfectly spaced nair, laser, or fully charged gyro, MK beats ROB in the air....... u need moar just ask

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I play Praxis a lot. Him and I have come up with an agreement that peach has the advantage because of combos and ease of hitting kill moves on ROB's larger than normal hitbox. From what Praxis has told me, Edrees also agrees on Peach having the advantage in this case.
I have also come to this conclusion.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Say, are these based off experience or the steroetype of playability? If so, FAIL! If not, NEVERMIND. A matchup list should primarily be composed of general plastyles and character statistics. That's REALLY, REALLY hard to do, but it provides more accurate information.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
MK has limited answers to Rob's Projectile game. He only ***** with the tornado, other than that, MK can be a lot easier if you play defensivly through the whole match.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Say, are these based off experience or the steroetype of playability? If so, FAIL! If not, NEVERMIND. A matchup list should primarily be composed of general plastyles and character statistics. That's REALLY, REALLY hard to do, but it provides more accurate information.
These are not based on how good a character is, rather how ROB plays against them. He just so happens to **** the bottom tier because they are slow and get WoP

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Just float and spam dairs. ROB has blind spots above and to an angle. Even if he shields the dair, if you stay at that angle he cannot punish you for the dair. And as soon as a dair hits, you can combo him to 50%. :)

It's clearly in Peach's favor once you get a bit of experience in the matchup. Also, you can take his gyro and float and perform aerials out of it. Unlike other characters, taking ROB's gyro with Peach does not limit you, and once you knock him offstage you can toss the gyro at him while he's up-Bing.

Peach definitely has the advantage here. It's hardly one-sided (a la Peach vs Olimar, LOL) but Peach has the advantage. ROB's biggest advantage is he'll kill her faster, but she racks the damage up so fast on him...

Plus, Peach's only low-% kill move (usmash) sweetspots a lot easier vs large characters.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
are you serious man? the sheer speed and his size coupled with his ability to have multiple jumps gives MK many options to avoid projectiles.
Yea your right, but maybe its just me. when im facing mk with rob i never approach. I just look at him and his movements very closely when he's approaching me. Personaly, i think 8:2 is way too big. Thats the same disadvantage for Mario. 7:3 at least.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Also, PT going even with ROB? Maybe Squirtle does okay, but all of them are sooooooo easily gimped.

They're discussing ROB right now, but someone is trying to tell me that Ivysaur somehow doesn't get completely buttraped by ROB.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
PT is debatable. Squirtle does okay but Charizard and Ivysaur get *****, yes. Kirby does well at first, but after some experience you can avoid the combos and kill kirby with nairs around 100%

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I think Kirby does surprisingly well, but not that well. The only Kirby I've seen that I honestly thought could really take down a R.O.B. was ChuDat's, but he's just amazing and probably could do that with anyone.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Great list, I would change 3 things though --

Rob deff has the advantage on shiek and samus, and I don't feel that the bowser matchup is that one sided...

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
i also disagree with the MK matchup
oh and to clarify, you CAN DI out of mock tornaido
fairly consistantly too
you just need to practice

i also believe shiek is easier than an even matchup for ROB
not only can shiek be out camped but gimped fairly easily
and Zelda....does better than 50/50 vs. ROB
to my experience anyway

and why is wario an even matchup?
i seriously thought that would be in ROB's favor