• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good counterpick stages for lucas??

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
ya
the people have to be scrubs to just kinda sit there and think that the usmash isnt gonna hit them.
no good players that i have faced have gotten hit by it on the middle platform.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
man you people must not get the meaning of mind games. all you have to do is learn where usmash will hit them when they are on the top platform...then usmash a couple times where it wont hit them so they feel comfortable then after a couple times usmash where it will hit them on that platform. its freakin simple

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
LOL yeah I think I'll just throw out one of the laggiest moves in the game repeatedly missing on purpose. But it's okay, getting punished repeatedly doesn't matter as long as I can pull one off on the top platform of battlefield. MINDGAMES SON!! That one possible KO I can get is totally worth all the damage they can rack up while I'm whiffing with it and/or stocks they can take from me in my ridiculous lag time.

EPIC FAIL!!!

lol sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously though guy, it's a cool trick and all but it's not exactly very useful...even with intense mindgames lol.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
^^^
LOL yeah I think I'll just throw out one of the laggiest moves in the game repeatedly missing on purpose. But it's okay, getting punished repeatedly doesn't matter as long as I can pull one off on the top platform of battlefield. MINDGAMES SON!! That one possible KO I can get is totally worth all the damage they can rack up while I'm whiffing with it and/or stocks they can take from me in my ridiculous lag time.

EPIC FAIL!!!

lol sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously though guy, it's a cool trick and all but it's not exactly very useful...even with intense mindgames lol.
dude the only things is ee in your post are the words of an arrogant prick. it works for me so just leave it at that and it doesnt have anything to do with the people i play

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
for one im not a ****** randomly throwing out usmashes, and I rarely use this as a mindgame...it all depends on the person im fighting. I see if it would work against them. if I have any doubt that it wont then I dont do it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I'm not really that arrogant I just love watching people get pissed off.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol well it's not like anything I say can't be countered with rational argument. If I thought ChaosTheory had a good argument I would be happy to consider his proposal. But "mindgames" is not an argument. I seriously doubt that any good player is going to consider the fact that Usmash has long vertical range and can be used with "mindgames" on battlefield as a reason that battlefield could be considered a counterpick which is after all where this discussion started.

You're welcome to call me all sorts of nasty names because as far as smashboards goes I probably fit most of them. It's very hard for me to take Brawl seriously so I piss people off when I'm bored and they're saying stuff that I find funny. Nothing personal about it.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It's very hard for me to take Brawl seriously so I piss people off when I'm bored and they're saying stuff that I find funny. Nothing personal about it.
Noted for future reference when I inevitably screw up and say something stupid.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i dont think jst because u can hit someone with ur upsmash on the middleplatform of Battlefield doesnt make it a good stage for lucas. an uncharged upsmash doesnt do much damage to someone standing up there. u would hav to fully charge ur upsmash to ko a Metaknight at 100% on the middle platform.
characters with great aerials own lucas on this stage as well

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
i dont think jst because u can hit someone with ur upsmash on the middleplatform of Battlefield doesnt make it a good stage for lucas. an uncharged upsmash doesnt do much damage to someone standing up there. u would hav to fully charge ur upsmash to ko a Metaknight at 100% on the middle platform.
characters with great aerials own lucas on this stage as well
i never said that was the only reason its good for lucas. I just pointd it out because its something that not many people know about. battlefield is perfect for lucas because of thunder sliding off the platforms, dsmash from platfoms, and many other characteristics of the stage that are extremely useful for lucas

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
In order to thunderslide on platforms you need to be able to safely get on those platforms first. Battlefield is a small stage and most characters have an advantage against you when they're on the ground and you're on a platform. And the Dsmash thing is another minor bonus. Battlefield is neutral for Lucas. End of story.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
i agree with tyr
usmash is too laggy to use over and over again
you will keep getting punished if you use it too much.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
also
when the tip of usmash hit your opponent, it doesnt do as much damage as if you hit them with the middle of.
So it is not even that affective for killing your opponents. And with so much lag, its just not worth even worth trying.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
i dont main lucas anymore but i used to CP hallberd because of the low roof u can get some Usmash kills on 50% on some characters (killed a snake at 60 once im serious) plus u cant get stuck under the level since u can go through the flying platform which makes going out for a spike less risky if you can pull those off regularly
yeah theres the hazards on the deck of the ship but there hella easy to evade plus its like FD with a small platform in the middle and if you can move accordingly you can even lead a dumb player into the laser (did it to a DDD on sunday)

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
i dont main lucas anymore but i used to CP hallberd because of the low roof u can get some Usmash kills on 50% on some characters (killed a snake at 60 once)
plus u cant get stuck under the level since u can go through the flying platform which makes going out for a spike less risky
yeah theres the hazards but there hell easy to evade
I agree.
I enjoy halberd.
Easy to recover and good for usmashes.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i never said that was the only reason its good for lucas. I just pointd it out because its something that not many people know about. battlefield is perfect for lucas because of thunder sliding off the platforms, dsmash from platfoms, and many other characteristics of the stage that are extremely useful for lucas
that wasnt directed to u Chaos. i was jst pointing out that upsmash isnt a good enough reason to call it a good counterpick. i was jst stating facts thats all. that wasnt directed to u or anyone in particular

fear17

Smash Apprentice
My favorite lucas counter pik is pirate ship i know this may be wierd but my playstyle there is good i just dont know y

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
**** Pirate Ship lol.

While Brinstar and Norfair are good Lucas stages, Pictochat is a dope *** stage for Lucas. Smasll sides, lots of platforms (at times) and most people aren't adjusted to playing. My cp as Lucas <3

I also want to see a Lucas CP Distant Planet (just don't take DDD there :urg: )

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
**** Pirate Ship lol.

While Brinstar and Norfair are good Lucas stages, Pictochat is a dope *** stage for Lucas. Smasll sides, lots of platforms (at times) and most people aren't adjusted to playing. My cp as Lucas <3

I also want to see a Lucas CP Distant Planet (just don't take DDD there :urg: )
DP is actually pretty good for counterpicking Mario and possibly DK, to be honest.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Eh, I've been tinkering around with Jungle Japes a lot lately and I've found it a pretty decent stage to tool with people on. PK Thunder and ftilt seem to just send people at the sides of the smaller platforms from the bigger platforms. Plus, if you get knocked into the water as Lucas, it's extremely easy to recover unless you get knocked in from the very left side.

It's rather easy to tether any of the 6 ledges.

Campy players spamming projectiles from the smaller players (ROB, TL/Link) can get punished by your PK Thunder or PK Freeze, considering PK Freeze gets to the higher platforms a lot faster than it would a platform the same height you're on.

Meh. Just food for though. Lately it's been working out for me. I don't rely on ceiling kills, certainly not because this stage has a ridiculously high ceiling. So sometimes that works in favor of me if you're playing characters like Donkey Kong (you might as well play a different character anyway) or a really ***gy ROB.

Edit: After rereading my ceiling kill bit, I stick with fthrows and bthrows here. Unless using dthrow earlier to rack up extra damage with an automatic utilt hit. Other than that, stick to what else can kill - your bthrow.

Top Bottom