• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Follow-Up List

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
This Thread is for Legit Follow ups for Pit's Moves.

DISCLAIMER: I really can't say Combos. Anywayz Below is a list of Moves that can follow up into different moves of prefences that will work Some, or most of the times.

I'll break them into categories stemming from the base. You can mix and match at your own disposal.

Most of these Follow ups will require the DI of your opponent, Mind-Gamez or Shield Punishment. Also most of them work from lower percents to damage your opponent so you can set up for the kill.

F-Throw

F-Throw - F-Throw

F-Throw - SH Nair

F-Throw - Run Attack

F-Throw - F-Smash

F-Throw - Angel Rings

F-Throw - D-tilt

F Throw - Arrow

F Throw - Hsmash

B-Throw

B-Throw - SH Nair

B-Throw - Angel Rings

D-Throw

D-Throw - Wait for landing to ReGrab

D-Throw - Up Air

D-Throw - Up Tilt

D throw - dtilt (if they DI too far away)

D-Throw - Bair

D-Throw - Hsmash

U-Throw

U-Throw - Up Air

U-Throw - Arrow

SH-Nair

SH-Nair - U-Tilt Shield Punishment* One of the best

SH- Nair - Jab

SH-Nair - Grab

SH-Nair - Anything Basically* If you DI right.

Fair

Fair - Grab from 0

Fair - Fair

Bair

Bair - Bair

Weak Bair - Fsmash

Weak bair - grab

Dair

Dair - UAir* My favorite Aerial Combo

Dair - Dair* Rising Dairs

Dair- Bair

Dair - Nair

Uair

Uair - Arrow - Glide attack

Dash Attack

Dash Att. - U-tilt

Dash Att. - Grab

Dash Att. - Dtilt * if no DI is present

Glide Attack

Glide Att. - Bair * Brawler Named, I forget =/

Glide Att. - UAir

Glide Att. - Nair

Glide Cancel

Glide Cancel - Jab

Glide Cancel - U-tilt

Glide Cancel - Grab

Jab

Jab - Anything Fast

Jab - Jab

Jab - A infinite

Jab - Grab * Best with 2 jabs

Jab - Fsmash

Jab- Dsmash * my usual ways of killing when i get impatient which isn't good =/

Jab - Utilt

Jab Infinite

Jab Inf. - Angels Rings

Jab Inf. - D-Tilt

Angel Rings

AR - D-tilt

AR - F-tilt

ART * Already a combo

U-tilt
U-tilt - Uair

U-tilt - U-tilt

U-tilt - Bair

U-tilt - Fair

Dsmash (Back Part)

Dsmash - Bair

Dsmash - Angel Rings

Dsmash - Uair

D-Tilt

D-tilt - Uair

D-tilt - Death* If you Spike ~.^

D-tilt - D-tilt

D-tilt - AR * AR in the Air ( Yea AR is cool)

Arrows (Looped)

Arrows - Anything right after the arrow hits

Arrows - Attack if stunned

Arrows - Grab if they block

Longer Combos

Fthrow - Run att. - utilt - Uair - arrow - Glide attack

Dthrow - Uair - Fair

SH Nair - U-tilt - Uair

Glide Att. - Uair - arrow - Glide attack

U-tilt - Usmash - nair - arrows* the nair can be replaced with bair or uair

D-tilt - Fair - Fair - Angel Rings

Fair - grab - F-throw - SH Nair - Utilt - Bair

From 0% - F-throw - F-throw - (opponent off ledge) N-air -Bair - Arrow.

A-Infinite - Angel ring -D-tilt - Uair

B Throw - Arrow - Dash attack - U/B Air

Glide Att - Jab combo - Fsmash - Ftilt - Grab

Dthrow - Uair - Fair - Dair - Uair - Arrow

Fthrow -Fthrow - Jab - Dtilt(spike)

Rogue Combo
DISCLAIMER: I'm saying this right now, this will never work, but i can see it in my head
Fthrow Chains - Run att. - Utilt - Uair - Arrow - Glide cancel - Jab - Jab - Grab - Dthrow - Uair - arrow - glide Cancel - Pause wait for step dodge - Grab - Dthrow - Uair - Glide Attack.

Admiral Combo

Admiral's Angelic Arts (A.A.A) Combo
DISCLAIMER: Like Rogue said on his combo, mine will never work because you can escape from it easily (1 airdodge and proper DI is all it takes), but I did do it before in the past, and though I'm going to debunker the combo, I'll still remember it's sequence:

Opponent starting from 0%,
D-throw to U-tilt, a U-air, use another jump and use F-air on the opponent, keep at him and do another U-air, then an F-smash when you and your opponent land on the ground.

D-throw - U-tilt - U-air - F-air - F-air - Fsmash
I remember it doing about 70% damage.
Kupo's Combo
Anything before>Dthrow>Uair/Utilt>Nair>AR (ART is even better with the universal timing)>your AR combos

Vocabulary- Arm yourselves with knowledge
SH - Short Hop
AR- Angel Rings
Nair - Neutral Air
Fair - Forward Air
Dair- Down Air
Bair - Back Air
Uair - Up Air
Glide Cancel - is hitting jump while glide very close to the ground, and you laglessly end your glide without a slide
Sliding- Probably refers to Angelic Step (Reserve Pivot Slide)
ART - Starting AR in the air and when landing you slide as if starting on the ground. Called Angel Ring Technique
HSmash- Hyphen Smash, to slide while up smashing

Anywayz Let me know if there is anything i missed or anything you do that you want to add.
Remember this is just a small list, take some of these things Mix and match them to your own style and use whatever follow ups you see necessary. Good Luck.

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol sweet list, a couple things to add

D throw-dtilt (if they DI too far away)
Fthrow-Dtilt

Dtilt-Dtilt
Dtilt-AR (ART is cool)

Remember my combo I made that actually works better?
Anything before>Dthrow>Uair/Utilt>Nair>AR (ART is even better with the universal timing)>your AR combos

lol

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
From 0%, F-throw, F-throw, (opponent off ledge) N-air, 2nd jump, Bair, arrow turnaround shot. Ive done this to DDD countless times!! instantly about 60%

Tap A combo, Angel ring, D,tilt, Uair

Funny you posted this today because i was just thinking of something similar... basically i wanted to start one that shows what combos work at what percentages. 0% - 25% do this, 25% - 50% do that, etc.

Starting at
0% im usually going for infinite tap A combo -> angel ring -> Dtilt or Fsmash, or F-throw combos.

40-50% i usually start gliding and getting more tricky, taking the fight to the air for combos and if i spam arrows its usually around here

75%- i revert back to trying to land infinite tap A, Nair and other damage rackers to prepare for the kill

100%- 150%- trying to get the opponent to slip up so that i can land a Bair, or Fsmash and land the kill... either that or knock of the ledge and chase them using wing renewal and Fairs. Also gliding at this point to make opponent nervous.

200%- what are you doing? i know its pit but man your opponent should be done by now

Needless to say, arrows are essential at all times... Rogue, what does your timeline go like? and anyone else who would like to make a similar attempt?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
My TimeLine

0-50
Grabs to chain grabs as much as i can, Mainly Sh Nairs to Utilt. Almost always combing into something that pops you up into an Up Air.

50-100
Jabs, A infinite, or Jab grabs into Dthrow Uair. Arrows whenever there is any space between me and my opponent, than closing the gap with every arrow. I always Sh arrow. Another approach is Full hop rising dair and ending with fair or bair depending on which way i DI.

100-150
Time to kill, Jabs to Smashs or throws to Uair or Fair, Than Wing Refresh to Bair for kills. Most times i wait for a mess up than land a Fsmash. Most times I gimp recoveries with arrows to eat jumps or reflect damaging recoveries with Mirror shield

150-200
I get irritable, Mainly a D3 main, Once people are at 150 i Hsmash and kill with upsmash most like, or land a kill more somehow. I usually don't try to let my opponents see 150 before they see my Swords.

200-Up
I'm bored or playing around, I grab and knee, arrows, A combos, or AR to show off, once at kill percent i grab, get you to a number in intervals of 5 with grab hits than pause. You get grab release and i refrain from any other move, I grab again, Pause, than Uthrow and Double "Your Not Ready Yet" I do it to a lot of friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iVOsTtucOk at the very end not worth watching because of age.
Really old video :/

Beo

Smash Apprentice
I find that B Throw - Arrow - Dash attack - U/B Air works

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Holy crap. These combos are like, nice. I'm happy to have picked up Pit. I really hope to learn these in due time.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ive done a few different combos but they really depend on certain situations.

Weak Bair>Sliding Fsmash/Ftilt: Works if they are on the ground and lots of the time causes them to trip. Sliding gives u a better chance of being in range as their % increases.

Glide Att>Jab combo/Fsmash/Ftilt/Grab: Works if you attack them while they are on the ground and at low%. Or if they shield the glide attack.

A larger combo that ive actually gotten to work against a few people. At 0-30% starter. If you start are 0% you could fthrow twice.

Dthrow>Uair>Fair>Dair>Uair>Arrow: Jump between each aerial to stay close.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Dont forget to mention ART with my AR ones. If your going to do an AR in the air you might as well try for the ART. No harm in missing. And you forgot to add my combo :\ lol

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
Weak bair > grab or fsmash is inescapable at like 50%-80% (I'm not sure)
Dair > Nair is also a true combo escapable w/DI only at lower percents.
And also,
fthrow > Hsmash
dthrow > Hsmash

The hell...?

70 percent of these things don't even work. The opponent can easily DI, or better yet, shield before they happen. These won't work if the opponent has half a brain to not walk into them.

D-throw>D-tilt? How in the world do you manage that?

D-throw>Re Grab? Unless the opponent is willing to DI right back into your grab, it's not going to happen.

F-Throw

F-Throw - F-Throw

F-Throw - SH Nair

F-Throw - Run Attack

F-Throw - F-Smash

F-Throw - Angel Rings

F-Throw - D-tilt

B-Throw

B-Throw - SH Nair

B-Throw - Angel Rings

D-Throw

D-Throw - Wait for landing to ReGrab

D-Throw - Up Air Only works with no DI and canceling the D-throw IASA frames.

D-Throw - Up Tilt

D throw - dtilt (if they DI too far away) Horizontal Hit box is too small

U-Throw

U-Throw - Up Air

U-Throw - Arrow <--works at any base percentage because it's an arrow

SH-Nair

SH-Nair - U-Tilt* One of the best Not enough stun and Nair has Horizontal Knock back

SH- Nair - Jab

SH-Nair - Grab

SH-Nair - Anything Basically* If you DI right.

Fair

Fair - Grab from 0

Fair - Fair <--On aerial opponents at very low percentages

Bair

Bair - Bair

Dair

Dair - UAir* My favorite Aerial Combo

Dair - Dair* Rising Dairs

Dair- Bair <--works, but very situation and base percentage is unknown

Uair

Uair - Arrow - Glide attack Will not work with Glide-A

Run Attack

Run Att. - U-tilt

Run Att. - Grab

Run Att. - Dtilt * if no DI is present

Glide Attack

Glide Att. - Bair * Brawler Named, I forget =/

Glide Att. - UAir

Glide Cancel

Glide Cancel - Jab

Glide Cancel - U-tilt

Glide Cancel - Grab

Jab

Jab - Anything Fast Mostly Grabs, but not anything.

Jab - Jab

Jab - A infinite

Jab - Grab * Best with 2 jabs

Jab - Fsmash

Jab- Dsmash * my usual ways of killing when i get impatient which isn't good =/

Jab - Utilt

Jab Infinite

Jab Inf. - Angels Rings

Jab Inf. - D-Tilt

Angel Rings

AR - D-tilt

[color+"red"]AR - F-tilt

U-tilt
U-tilt - Uair

U-tilt - U-tilt

U-tilt - Bair

U-tilt - Fair

Dsmash (Back Part)

Dsmash - Bair <--It works but at unknown percentages

Dsmash - Angel Rings

Dsmash - Uair

D-Tilt

D-tilt - Uair

D-tilt - Death* If you Spike ~.^ <--- lol done this a few times

D-tilt - D-tilt

D-tilt - AR ( Yea AR is cool)

Arrows (Looped)

Arrows - Anything right after the arrow hits

Arrows - Attack if stunned

Arrows - Grab if they block

Longer Combos

Fthrow - Run att. - utilt - Uair - arrow - Glide attack

Dthrow - Uair - Fair

SH Nair - U-tilt - Uair

Glide Att. - Uair - arrow - Glide attack

U-tilt - Usmash - nair - arrows* the nair can be replaced with bair or uair

D-tilt - Fair - Fair - Angel Rings

Fair - grab - F-throw - SH Nair - Utilt - Bair

Anything Leading to - Dthrow - Uair/Utilt - Nair - AR - D-tilt - Imagination

From 0% - F-throw - F-throw - (opponent off ledge) N-air -Bair - Arrow.

A-Infinite - Angel ring -D-tilt - Uair
Anything in red won't work at any percentage.

Things left alone could work, but only at extremely low base percentages or 0%

In general, long combo strings don't work in this game, and when playing at a higher level will never connect beyond lower percentages. You can "string" attacks, but only under certain circumstances. Unless you are certain characters (Such as MK and Falco) them combos really won't work considering that most of Pit's moves don't really put the opponent in a position where they can't do anything.

I'm not saying that this isn't a good thread, but the thread doesn't really have a solid foundation of how a combo works or what the opponent could do and the probability of things that could occur. Hell, now combos can really be predicted due to the tripping element.

Sorry, but odds are the opponent won't let you hit them.

kupo15

Smash Hero
This Thread is for Legit Follow ups for Pit's Moves.

I really can't say Combos.
D-throw>D-tilt? How in the world do you manage that?
Easy. Dthrow and ppl usually Air dodge and DI away and you can land a dtilt after the Air dodge.
D-throw>Re Grab? Unless the opponent is willing to DI right back into your grab, it's not going to happen.
Ppl do stupid things, but like the dthrow>dtilt, you can chase and regrab.

How does dtilt>AR (in the air) not work?

These are legit follow up moves if the situation occurs. They are not combos. Srsly, sometimes I feel you go out of your way to say how everything we post is wrong and to boost your ego.

kown

Smash Lord
These are legit follow up moves if the situation occurs. They are not combos. Srsly, sometimes I feel you go out of your way to say how everything we post is wrong and to boost your ego.
no matter what EPF says this is truth....
he will prolly come back into here saying that he only acts this way online since online doesnt matter...blah blah blah....BS
and than he will top it off by blaming this on us somehow....

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
My Favorite ones he pointed out that won't work are

SH-Nair - U-Tilt *Not enough stun and Nair has Horizontal Knock back

Jab - Jab

Jab - A infinite
Guess i have to add some stuff so people like him can be satisfied

@Cfate
Put in the %'s that they work at and its all good.
Love to do it, really would, but it seems like a long and strenuous assignment and I don't have much time on the computer, eh :/ knockback of moves should be in the knowledge of pit mainers. For beginners :/ experimenting is part of the whole process.

Btw if anything is wrong with it let me know.

Also Timeline updated on first page.

kupo15

Smash Hero
jab to jab lol. Thats a good one and the game registers that as a combo lol.

You should clarify the dtilt to AR (In the air) and SH Nair to Utilt (shield punishment) just for him!!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Rogue asked me to come here LMAO

I did this once, i have to get the replay later. Fthrow CG to Jab to Dtilt(spike). GAME
Worked on snake.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
AtomskTooGood (7:44:44 PM): lol good ****
Rogue Pit (7:45:00 PM):
Rogue Pit (7:45:20 PM): help out add some stuff
Rogue Pit (7:45:21 PM): say i told you to come so i can look cool
AtomskTooGood (7:45:32 PM): XD
AtomskTooGood (7:45:34 PM): looolz
AtomskTooGood (7:45:39 PM): umm i dunno **** about pit XD
Rogue Pit (7:45:56 PM): just type what u think u seen
Rogue Pit (7:46:02 PM): say i told you to come so i can look cool
AtomskTooGood (7:46:05 PM): no
AtomskTooGood (7:46:06 PM): XD
Rogue Pit (7:46:19 PM): come on
AtomskTooGood (7:46:25 PM): nope XD
Ummm rogue pit sent me ummm....uh...

I'm Cool XD

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Nice!
My favorite are Up-throw to up aerial, down aerial to up aerial, and down throw to up-aerial (yes, I like Up-air very much).

Also, I've managed to get a rising glide attack to fair at low percents or when they shield the glide attack.

Xcaliber

Smash Rookie
I do agree with Eternal Phoenix Fire. Many of the strings will not work above 25-30% for me. However, if you are facing a panicking opponent, some of the red strings might work. Some of these, especially the Uair- Fsmash, set up really nicely with glideshifting and glide cancelling. Its about my only combo in Brawl...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Combos aren't for higher percents, they are there to make people get to higher percent for the KO. Some won't work very high but other things do work and I have tried to include all of them. It's merely a list of possible things to do. Now saying " From 0 to 25! Fthrow and wait for them to hit the ground run up step dodge than fsmash." It's just saying if you do this, than a way to follow that up is to do this, it is wrong to give information like that?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I do agree with Eternal Phoenix Fire. Many of the strings will not work above 25-30% for me. However, if you are facing a panicking opponent, some of the red strings might work. Some of these, especially the Uair- Fsmash, set up really nicely with glideshifting and glide cancelling. Its about my only combo in Brawl...
I dont understand why you do. Rogue never gave the slightest hint that these will work all the time or even them being a combo. He specifically and clearly stated that these are merely follow up options to look out for if the situation occurs. These are legit follow up options not guarantees and Eternal blatantly ignored this making him wrong!!!!

no matter what EPF says this is truth....
he will prolly come back into here saying that he only acts this way online since online doesnt matter...blah blah blah....BS
and than he will top it off by blaming this on us somehow....
You actually think I care enough to go through all of that? Yeah, I have nothing better to do than to disapprove what the Pit boards are saying. Try being a little less presumptuous.

It's true that is says "follow ups", but the title of the thread is misleading and says 'combos', which are very hard to come by if at all. Sure these are all possible, but since they all occur under different circumstances is makes them hard determine. The best thing to do would be to make a list of follow ups that have a pre determined out come after the first hit, or if not at least a more probable outcome.

It's not as if this thread is bad, it just needs more info on probability.

Also, if you don't want any confusion. remove the word 'combo' from the thread then.

@kupo: Do you honestly think I have a drive to prove people wrong? Why in the world would I want to boost my own ego when I really never made any claims of me being a better player? I simply disagree, and you don't need to target me for it. If I really wanted to boost my ego I would be in these forums everyday finding something insignificant to disagree with, but I don't simply because it's not important or necessary to do so.

kupo15

Smash Hero
^ lol i knew you would come back saying it was our fault...
lol
@kupo: Do you honestly think I have a drive to prove people wrong? Why in the world would I want to boost my own ego when I really never made any claims of me being a better player? I simply disagree, and you don't need to target me for it. If I really wanted to boost my ego I would be in these forums everyday finding something insignificant to disagree with, but I don't simply because it's not important or necessary to do so.
Well...yea...it sure seems like it. And also your sig proves that also. That is really low of you when you dont even know the reason behind the thread.

That thread was not suppose to be uber accurate at all. It was suppose to be kinda a list of how fast each move feels when performed so you can do better against faster characters. Obviously nothing (Utilt) comes out immediately 0 frames (duh) but thats what it feels like. I utilt and immediately I hit them.

The numbers you see in the closed thread was a rough starting point and it was going to get better. I was just not given the chance to explain it or prove it thanks to Gimpyfish and you have to go around promoting how much we fail. False advertising that you went out of your way to do.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
@EPF Your right the title was misleading, and i apologize for that. It was merely for getting. Like advertisement, to spark curiosity. Also EPF if you think in delth, people don't really try things out where it really matters like a tournament. People try things out in friendlies where the risk is nowhere severe. The list is merely a suggestion of what is possible, I'm unable to specific when they are possible as I'm not allowed on the computer right now. Still with my inability in such actions people will just find out how it works, "pit" up their own style to it and go on their happy ways.

Now i ask you, do you fault me for my intentions?

lol

Well...yea...it sure seems like it. And also your sig proves that also. That is really low of you when you dont even know the reason behind the thread.

That thread was not suppose to be uber accurate at all. It was suppose to be kinda a list of how fast each move feels when performed so you can do better against faster characters. Obviously nothing (Utilt) comes out immediately 0 frames (duh) but thats what it feels like. I utilt and immediately I hit them.

The numbers you see in the closed thread was a rough starting point and it was going to get better. I was just not given the chance to explain it or prove it thanks to Gimpyfish and you have to go around promoting how much we fail. False advertising that you went out of your way to do.
My signature? That was simply for laughs at the moment. I really don't bother changing it that often as you can see, but I already know that you have changed the data into something more accurate. Besides, I hardly believe that anyone would click on my signature anyway.

@EPF Your right the title was misleading, and i apologize for that. It was merely for getting. Like advertisement, to spark curiosity. Also EPF if you think in delth, people don't really try things out where it really matters like a tournament. People try things out in friendlies where the risk is nowhere severe. The list is merely a suggestion of what is possible, I'm unable to specific when they are possible as I'm not allowed on the computer right now. Still with my inability in such actions people will just find out how it works, "pit" up their own style to it and go on their happy ways.

Now i ask you, do you fault me for my intentions?
No, I don't fault you, I just wish to see the Pit boards go in a different direction. There is nothing wrong with having intentions on a more non-competitive level, but people need to see how we can make Pit a more applicable character.

But if I have stuck off as an odd nuisance, then I apologize.

@Kown: Well, the thread title did say 'combos' before. =P

On another note, I wonder how Pit will play with WD and L-cancel?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
In my opinion, when mindgames cause a succession of three connecting attacks, one should be allowed to call it a combo. But that has nothing to do with this. ^_^

As for follow-ups, most of these should be memorized. The best way to beat skilled opponents is not through technical skill, or even through meta-games. You have to keep yourself from following patterns.

Take M2K for example. Probably the highest profile Brawler at this point. You fight him like you're trying to encrypt your play-style. Make a code he can't see through. Will you beat him? lol Probably nobody who ends up reading this post would. But the better players simply find patterns in your game and punish you for them. Keeping things different such as following up an attack with a totally different one each time, or feinting attacks will make you hard to read.

Example: The occasional F-Throw to Angel Ring sounds like a stupid idea. Only massive characters at low percents would fall victim to this. But using it to break a ersatz pattern can lead to not only a clean hit, but throwing your opponent mentally off-balance.

As for the direction of the Pit forums, any Brawler worth their salt will gather the fundamentals of the game from elsewhere I assure you. Brawl isn't very reliant on technical skill, at least not to the extent as Melee. However unlike Melee, Brawl's characters are far more unique and exploring every little facet of a character is important to competitive play. Even if things aren't tournament viable they should be fully explored. On this note, many people have realized the depth Pit has as far as meta-games go and therefore these "gadget techniques" are being heavily discussed and explored. The Pit forums may seem off target, but I personally believe that what should be discussed in the Pit forums are being discussed. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think Hyphen Smash is a Sliding Usmash... idk, but Pit's Sliding Usmash is the easiest one of them all.

Top Bottom