• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters Sub-Forums Back Room Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
Well from what i heard ......others had a fantastic idea and we should move it into action. Well the whole Each character sub-forum have a "back room" of sorts. It is overlooked by a Moderater and only posted on by "Invited" Smashers who are know to be good with said character, and also are known on the Smashboards. The best way i believe to get this into action is one: Just to have every person who agrees with this happening to sign this....Not this per-say this post will be the Discussion on the subject and the Next post will be the actual Agree or Disagree Here also can you discuss how you would run this project...and please don't discuss on the official one.That one we want to show to the Mods to say hey we are serious about this happening so this is how it should Look.

Name: Navi
Choice: Agree
Reason: If any

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Late to do so, however, I'll sign anything if I can but large letters on it.

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
I say it is a forum that is viewable by all but only posted by some yet there is a section where all the posters can discuss what they will post so what ever goes up to the forums has a consensus from a group of great smashers its by invitation only which is also agreed upon by the majority of the group. Personnel can be removed by another majority vote and rights are taken by the Mod

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
thats not what we need this is a idea that is time consuming and is on the boarder of being productive or counteractive so we need those who truly believe one way or the other

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I doubt you could find someone who is moved by this at this point.
I was saying/thinking this when I first started posting actively.

My fault for not brigning it up. You should have came four+ months ago.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
one question.... how would this be good or bad? its not like the backroom where they have control of things.... or is there something i missed?

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
The only thing this would be used for would be to develop any metagame while hiding it from people who don't use Olimar.
Too late, if you ask me.

IllidR

Smash Champion
The only thing this would be used for would be to develop any metagame while hiding it from people who don't use Olimar.
Too late, if you ask me.
I don't really get the point of hiding metagame discussion from others who may want to pick up Olimar who want to learn to fight against Olimar. They'll figure out how he works eventually.

This isn't a game of Don't Wake Daddy where we want to be as secretive and quiet about what we're doing as possible.

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
it not like that,I mean there is no way to move forward when new comers and pros alike are mixed in with each other give different advice and strategies do you believe that if everyone here had the right to make up everything such as tournament rules or announcement anything would get done no it wouldn't same thing here just on a smaller scale and other can see most of it

IllidR

Smash Champion
it not like that,I mean there is no way to move forward when new comers and pros alike are mixed in with each other give different advice and strategies do you believe that if everyone here had the right to make up everything such as tournament rules or announcement anything would get done no it wouldn't same thing here just on a smaller scale and other can see most of it
This is different, this is getting input on how a character works, its not on how an official event should be hosted. In the latter case people want standard rules which are generally agreed upon and any other ideas would just be personal preferences. However, when you're talking about how to increase a character's game, fresh opinions are always for the better, they may think of things that you hadn't previously so why keep them out of the loop?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yah know, you could just post one thread in the general discussion forum about this. You don't have to go to EACH CHARACTER BOARD. Just a thought. ^_^

Tenki

Smash Hero
Late to do so, however, I'll sign anything if I can but large letters on it.
PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199481
So can you please leave you sign in the from posted on the last thread. Please i know i am bias on the subject but please don't know hinder our progress and if you wish to do it in the format describe on the above. Thank for you compliance
big enough?

:urg: I can't believe you've done this.

Yah know, you could just post one thread in the general discussion forum about this. You don't have to go to EACH CHARACTER BOARD. Just a thought. ^_^
this.

I don't like the big font.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im confused...what? a character discussion where only certain people are allowed to post their opinions? i don't know, what about people like me who have been playing competetive smash for years, but just recently joined the smashboards in 08? people won't know who i am, so i won't be allowed in, yet i possess just as much if not more knowlege than alot of people here. i think it could be a good way to talk about stuff w/out all the spam and flaming, but it seems to me that alot of people will be left out of the discussion.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
I actually got the impression that this idea bases only on an pseudo-elitist thinking - in my opinion, a "Back Room" even makes hardly sense in general, but even much less for each character - the amount of players which post mainly in a specific character forum is not that big anyway, and then you want to add such a selection..

The pros are under one umbrella, and the rest is outside and cannot learn from them.

I suggest just to ignore the posts of people from which you think they arent able to give "qualified" statements^^

Excellence

Smash Champion
I sort of appreciate the back room. A lot of opinions and ideas floating around as facts on SmashBoards are completely incorrect and people are often unable to substanciate their facts with evidence. The Smash Back room is a collection of experienced opinions and facts that represent a stratified sample of the the Smash Community.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
know what they SHOULD do, you can look in the backroom as long as you aren't a general spammer but you CAN'T post until your invited to, see all pro ideas without noob spam, lets everyone learn correct information and strategies

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sorry, but there are tons of reasons why this isn't feasible. Don't ask for the details though, because I don't feel like typing all of it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom