• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat With Illinialex Thread

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This group has many newer users and so I feel it needs some guidance so I am creating a chat thread where you can ask me questions. I have been on Smashboards for a while so I know Jigglypuff's strategy fairly well, so please feel free to ask me questions.

Chaco

Never Logs In
lol I'm not gonna lie but this is so self righteous. Gave me a good lol though.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
lol I'm not gonna lie but this is so self righteous. Gave me a good lol though.
Thank you for saying so. I meant in this Jigglypuff board, because Chaco, you have been here overall a lot longer but until a few weeks ago, I hadn't seen you in this forum. Considering that the major leader before, __G__, left a while ago, I think its time for a new leader.

And hey RinoH.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Hi illinialex24, I have a question:

How do I get inside of Snake and Meta-Knight's disjointed hitboxes. :\

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hi illinialex24, I have a question:

How do I get inside of Snake and Meta-Knight's disjointed hitboxes. :\
What hitboxes. I'll give you an overview. If you are trying to get inside the range of Metaknight in the air, really you have to be smart. If he's near the ground, this may sound counterintuitive, but I have found dash attack to be most effective. If he is on the ground, you're only option is to fake an approach. Try to get him to come after you in the air. Otherwise, dash attack is once again a good option if he isn't likely to shield. In the air, pound beats out all his aerials if used well, so try to use that well. Its really annoying but it may be your only shot. Also, bair well. Fair is very useful when he's in the air, but bair well on the ground and you will do well. Bair, DI away so only the tip hits him. The avoids a shieldgrab. Now this is the real point. How do you get inside his range in the air right. Fair sourspotting him works wonders so you are barely touching him, avoid his specials (for tornado, nair) is a must. Also, bair the tip with many fake approaches really helps you. He has better range but you still have a decent chance if you play it smart. Be defensive, shield grab. Don't force anything and never roll under him. You can roll away but never under. Spot dodging is pretty bad because none of his moves are laggy enough. Fair him if your in the air and he's doing his D-smash, but thats about it. If you grab him, try to back-throw him off the ledge. Also, use rollout a lot but well. Use it spontaneously after chains of aerials. Its a hard matchup but possible.

Now Snake essentially kills rollout because of his grenade dropping and his D-smash. Don't bair his shield, he can U-tilt you so annoyingly. You really have to approach him but force him to get out of his shield without ever attacking him. In the air, he's mincemeat. Watch out for his bair and dair. His dair is easily avoided and then punished. If he does a bair, try to rollout him when he hits the ground. Watch out for his U-tilt. His C4 really does nothing in this matchup so be aware, but not that cautious. Focus more on his F-tilt and U-tilt. Sour-spotted fairs if he's shielding are unfortunately the best option, you can be shield-grabbed but not U-tilted as easily. If you hit him, drop and F-smash. Off-stage, just try to rack up as much damage as possible, he's hard to kill.

Both really hard matchups, I hope this helps. If you want specifics on a certain move, I can help you more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thank you for saying so. I meant in this Jigglypuff board, because Chaco, you have been here overall a lot longer but until a few weeks ago, I hadn't seen you in this forum. Considering that the major leader before, __G__, left a while ago, I think its time for a new leader.

And hey RinoH.
I'm not questioning your knowledge of Puff.

I'm just saying the title makes it sound so conceited.

A Q and A thread would've been a much better choice. This just makes you seem like you are trying to show others up. You have a desire to prove yourself or draw attention to yourself. But no disrespect meant in any manner. I'm just pointing out what I see.

Chaco

Never Logs In
There is an "Official 'Ask Cactuar' thread" in the Melee Marth boards.
It is an ask Cactuar thread, but still, it is an "ask" not chat. I swear that name made my day.

Tyser

Smash Champion
What do you do if a Snake is camping a millennium against you? I cant find any good approaches, I just blow up.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What do you do if a Snake is camping a millennium against you? I cant find any good approaches, I just blow up.
Its pretty much the third hardest thing a puff will ever do. Your two best options are to perfectly time bairs to punish him shielding (really perfectly time so he can't uair you) and then if you connect with three in a row, pound him. If your lucky, his shield should break and then he will think twice of camping. But this is hard so you really just have to bair him well enough so he doesn't think of camping.

The other is do many fake approaches with mindgames and fair him barely touching him(which leaves you moderately open, mainly to grabs) and then try to get him into the air. Really hard but really worth it. Dair is so risky and drill resting is terrible against him unfortunately.

Tyser

Smash Champion
By timing my Bairs you mean spacing them right? ;P. Ill try this. I dont think a Snake is going to sit there and allow a shield break though lol. And by camping I mean all this dude is doing is sittin there pulling out nades and rolling/dodging/shielding/throwing/etc. Seriously, there are times where Ill Bair out of shield and I think Ive got enough height to not touch the nade but I guess I somehow hit it magically. And also, if I approach Snake then hes like "Im going to tilt your face off" and Im like :'(. I dunno. Bairs dont work for me, but Ill consider them still. Thanks for the tipz.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
By timing my Bairs you mean spacing them right? ;P. Ill try this. I dont think a Snake is going to sit there and allow a shield break though lol. And by camping I mean all this dude is doing is sittin there pulling out nades and rolling/dodging/shielding/throwing/etc. Seriously, there are times where Ill Bair out of shield and I think Ive got enough height to not touch the nade but I guess I somehow hit it magically. And also, if I approach Snake then hes like "Im going to tilt your face off" and Im like :'(. I dunno. Bairs dont work for me, but Ill consider them still. Thanks for the tipz.
I know he won't but trust me, its your best option. And generally, campers will take two hits before moving off their position. You really have to hit with the tip of the foot to do this well, it essentially frees you from any danger if you DI forward before the hit, barely get the tip of the foot, and DI back. He will generally roll away or under you, and you just have to try to get him out of his shield. If he gets into the air,

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6761/jigglypizzletr0.jpg

But thats really hard until higher percentages.

Glick

Smash Lord
Using jigglypuffs laser beams to knock him off stage then try to wop him into a non-recovery zone.

∫unk

Smash Master
I thought Emblem said "Are you serious?" because I didnt know that Cactuar mained Marth.
He said "are you serious?" because this is a blatant copy off of his thread.

The difference is EL has proven himself in the melee and brawl community, while I theorize and play against a better jigglypuff than the OP.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
He said "are you serious?" because this is a blatant copy off of his thread.

The difference is EL has proven himself in the melee and brawl community, while I theorize and play against a better jigglypuff than the OP.
I know he has but I was trying to do something for the Jigglypuff boards. And it was a copy lol but since you aren't a part of the Jiggs boards, we kinda need a thread for other questions.

__G__

Smash Cadet
ok, i was just checking things out here, seeing what kind of questions i could answer or add to, but illinialex does a pretty good job holding things down here. Good job, especially with trying to make something out of these boards.

Also, while reading through, I found something that junk said about me, moving to kirby, but thats totally wrong, i just like playing the floaties (jiggs, ness, lucas, kirby - no wario lol). In fact, im a little hurt, I mean, Junk is my friend here, and here this ****er is, spreading lies. Man, if anything , i play ness more than i play jiggs now, and thats really just cuz i loved earthbound and he's a lot of fun to play with. As for my playing Junk,, i hardly bring out my jiggs with him anymore cuz it's just sad when his marth loses so badly against me or when i beat his G&W, god knows how, I cant do **** against that guy usually, but Junk somehow makes it happen.

So, what im trying to say is, at the same time, Thank you, i love you, and F that S Junk. F that S.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ok, i was just checking things out here, seeing what kind of questions i could answer or add to, but illinialex does a pretty good job holding things down here. Good job, especially with trying to make something out of these boards.

Also, while reading through, I found something that junk said about me, moving to kirby, but thats totally wrong, i just like playing the floaties (jiggs, ness, lucas, kirby - no wario lol). In fact, im a little hurt, I mean, Junk is my friend here, and here this ****er is, spreading lies. Man, if anything , i play ness more than i play jiggs now, and thats really just cuz i loved earthbound and he's a lot of fun to play with. As for my playing Junk,, i hardly bring out my jiggs with him anymore cuz it's just sad when his marth loses so badly against me or when i beat his G&W, god knows how, I cant do **** against that guy usually, but Junk somehow makes it happen.

So, what im trying to say is, at the same time, Thank you, i love you, and F that S Junk. F that S.
Thats awesome and I'm glad your here __G__. I'm glad you like what I've done so far and I'm glad your sticking with this pink puff.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Hey Alex, I'm having some girl problems. will you give me some advice... pshh, hahaha, I'm just kidding, I'm set dude, thanks. :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hey Alex, I'm having some girl problems. will you give me some advice... pshh, hahaha, I'm just kidding, I'm set dude, thanks. :)
Good job and have you gotten wifi (are you in college this year or are you just fed-up with Brawl). I know wifi sucks but its mainly what I have right now for someone I don't where they are lol.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
well my roommates have a wii/wifi but I don't really have any desire to play, lol. Right now about all I play is a few hours on Thursdays before survivor, lol, and it's almost always with C. Falcon.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Every character can whoop C. Falcon, lol. Idk, I guess I just like playing as him and it's so freakin satisfying to beat some of the best MW people using good characters with C. Falcon, lol.

Top Bottom