• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Desync combo starters?

TETRAbomba

Smash Rookie
Other than dash-dancing an foxtrotting out of a run, I may have found another way to desync and it works 90% of the time ive tried it...

1. Use -> B
a. The Direction you intinally press will be the way popo faces when youre done with the move keep that in mind.
b. tapping b for lift gives off a better result; the lift allows for better desyncing times being completely off the ground however will result in nothing.

2. As the move comes to an end tap direction and tap (grab/shield)
a. this works better if you have the c-stick set to smashes, one character will smash the other will roll
b. pressing straight down results in spot dogde of bot and both will be out of sync...
c. pressing diagonally down results in Nana rolling in one direction and popo spot-dodging
d. tilting and pressing Z results walking and grabbing possibly good for chain grabs

3. after this you have desynced and can do as you please

possible combo????

-> B, desync roll(shield and ->), popo/nana should roll, grab, ice blocks, down throw, short hop(Nana) spike
-> B, desync(shield), b, tap -> b (Nana will use the -> b attack, popo will use the ice block then dash), repeat to the edge of the stage

^ I only pulled it off about three times because of the desyncing timing...

by: TetraBomba aka L7

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i've done this a few times. mainly for a desynced blizzard out of a squall. still need some work with timing though.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I've done cool desynch combos on my friends out of a regular synced SHUair. SH Uair an opponent that's above you and Hitlag desynch to make Nana DJFair and you fall to the ground, ready to catch if they get spiked, follow through if they get hit to the side or punish if they try to retaliate on Nana/airdodge out. It's not guaranteed to work but it's cool as hell when it does.

Bair can be hitlag-desynched into a N-Blizzard/Ice Block while you can chase it.

I also like to Ftilt hitlag desynch-> P-Hyphen smash -> N-Fair or Ftilt-> N-Blizzard -> grab

Then there's low-percentage Utilt Hitlag desynch -> P-Fsmash N-Fair -> grab

Hitlag desynch is so amazing. Give those a shot. Hope I helped a little.

chewyy

Smash Ace
retreating bair -> landing lag desynch thing -> popo ice block + nana grab
is too good.

But I guess you could also go...
retreating bair -> landing lag desynch thing -> popo ice block + nana hyphen smash -> (if they shield) pistoning!!!

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
retreating bair -> landing lag desynch thing -> popo ice block + nana grab
is too good.

But I guess you could also go...
retreating bair -> landing lag desynch thing -> popo ice block + nana hyphen smash -> (if they shield) pistoning!!!

what is the "landing lag desync thing"?
oh, and chewy, i saw that vid of you 3-stocking a DK while taking 4% at a midwest circuit.
ridiculous.

chewyy

Smash Ace
what is the "landing lag desync thing"?
It's like the pivot desynch, it takes advantage of the fact that Nana doesn't have a turn around animation. All you do is during the landing lag of an ariel (I haven't tried it with dair, but the rest work) buffer a dash, opposite to the way you are facing, and also buffer an iceblock. Since they are both buffered, this EXTREMELY easy to do consistently.

oh, and chewy, i saw that vid of you 3-stocking a DK while taking 4% at a midwest circuit.
ridiculous.
I don't think it was at a midwest circuit, I don't like the video because it shows both of us sucking, but it's still ridiculous :colorful:

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Tried of people ledgecamping you? Try this

I'm sure everyone is aware that Blizzard hits people on the ledge, but what happens when you desynch this? Simply have Popo do a Down B, it should hit them then have Nana do a Fair spike while the victim is still trapped in the Blizzard. It can work the other way around (witout the spiking goodness though :laugh:).

Definitely good for a surprise attack or if they screw up on the ledge :bee:.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I'm sure everyone is aware that Blizzard hits people on the ledge, but what happens when you desynch this? Simply have Popo do a Down B, it should hit them then have Nana do a Fair spike while the victim is still trapped in the Blizzard. It can work the other way around (witout the spiking goodness though :laugh:).

Definitely good for a surprise attack or if they screw up on the ledge :bee:.
Fantastic. XD

I have some cool ideas in the works. Be on the lookout.

Binx

Smash Master
Hmm, that retreating bair sounds really, really good against most characters, maybe I should try playing brawl a little bit again.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I found doing things repeatadly (sp?) can also DSynch. Like SideB, Utilt can DSynch when done repeatedly I believe,

Top Bottom