• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Useful Threads & "The Law" (look here before posting new threads please)

smaci92

Smash Lord

Welcome to the Ice Climbers Useful Thread Index! This is, in no way, a theft of ideas or threads. It is merely a directory to threads which have been deemed useful by me to make YOUR life easier :). I may have missed a few important threads...If I did, feel free to post in the correct format, and I will add it :bee:

When I first came to the Ice Climber Boards, I was utterly amazed at how disorganized it was! So I decided to find all the useful threads so it could be easier for me and YOU to find. I’ve looked through over 500 threads spread over 20 pages and picked the most useful ones (ya that's right- over 500! *I'm dead tired now*). Hope this helps everyone find the threads they're looking for ;)

SECTIONS:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1) The Law

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

2) Ice Climber Threads
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

3) General Threads
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

4) Submission Format
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

5) Credits
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1) The Law

Greetings (newcomer?), and welcome to the Ice Climber boards! Chances are you're in one of the following groups:

• You stumbled upon VirtualVoid's and Hylian's videos, and were amazed at the potential of the "dynamic duo".
  • You're from Europe or Australia and have just recently gotten your hands on a copy of Brawl,
    or
  • You just plain enjoy playing the Ice Climbers.

No matter which category you fall under, we're glad to have you as part of the Ice Climber community. However, we would like to set a few guidelines for posting. These will reduce clutter from the boards and make finding the information you need easier for everyone.

RULES FOR POSTING

1. SPAM THREADS: Do not come here and post threads such as "Ice Climberz are so cheap" They will not be tolerated and will be reported.

2. Short questions: We have a Question & Answer Thread for a reason! If you have a relatively simple question, please post there (do not start a new thread), and we promise that someone will respond.

3. "Personal Synopsis" threads: DO NOT POST ONE OF THESE. Yes, we appreciate your opinions in regular discussions, but an entire thread devoted to "My thoughts about Ice Climbers" does not add to the credibility of the board.

4. Challenges: You may think you are the best. You are most likely wrong. Please do not post a thread stating that you are and that you are accepting challenges so you can prove you're the best. If you would like to challenge someone, please take it to private messaging.

5. Regarding new AT's/combos: If you think that you may have discovered a new AT or combo, please refer back to this thread before posting. Again, chances are someone has already discovered it or it has been disproven. If what you want to post has not been covered anywhere, do not just post a thread stating "I did something omg!!!!!111one". Try and describe in as much detail as you can and what you were doing when you discovered this, and if you can, try and post video proof. Failure to do either does not allow us to replicate and confirm your AT/combo.

6. Grammar and spelling: Spelling and grammar are important functions of the English language. Use comma's and period's. Capitalize where appropriate. And don't post crap like "d00d if u r gunuh uze dis khar jo ned 2 doo stuf kplztx"

REMEMBER: Use the search function! Just because something is not covered in this thread does not mean it hasn't been posted before. Repeat threads waste space and push legitimate threads off of the front page.

Congratulations! You're now ready to post on the Ice Climber board! If you still don't know how to post intelligently, go to feardragon's guide on posting intelligently: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203274

2) Ice Climber Threads

"For the Newbies" Thread(s):

IC Players: Stop focusing on infinite's!

By: Nintendude1189
New Ice Climber mainers...PLEASE READ THIS!

Character Match-up Thread(s):

Official In-Depth Ice Climbers Match-up Thread

By: mc-killa
The official Ice Climbers Match-up thread!

The ultimate MK matchup thread
By: choknater
A detail matchup thread about the character we ALL hate!!!

Ice Climber Finder Thread(s)

Brawl IC Finder
By: FrozenPopo
The official Ice Climbers Finder thread!

Question & Answer Thread(s)

Ice Climbers Question & Answer Thread
By: smaci92
The official Ice Climbers Question & Answer thread! *ask a question; get an answer*

Video Thread(s)

The New Ice Climbers Compiled Video Thread
By: Nintendogs
The official Ice Climbers video thread!

Kawaii Bunny’s Ice Climbers Videos
By: ~Kawaii Bunny~
Bunny has some nice videos here!

Millar's IC Videos
By: Millar
Millar’s Ice Climber videos

Lain videos!

By: lain
lain's Ice Climbers

Ice Climber Guide(s)

IC Introduction; An Introduction to Competitive Brawl Ice Climbers
By: Delphiki
The main guide for the Ice Climber boards

The Ultimate Ice Climbers Guide
By:
Nintendogs
Another detailed guide by Nintendogs

Calprinicus's Guide to the Ice Climbers
By:
calprinicus
A guide by calprinicus

choknater's notes on ice climbers

By:
choknater
Not really a guide, but useful nonetheless

Desync Thread(s)

The New De-Sync/AI Thread

By: Kyu Puff
This is probably the main desync thread. It has over 20 confirmed ways to desync!

Iceblock Lock - Semi-Infinite
By: VirtualVoid
Desynced ice block lock!

New Desync and Techniques: Standing Nana Desync, Supergrab and More!

By: DreamScythe
Desync and techniques…

Reverse Grab Smash
By: LinkinParkmetre
Ice Climbers are the only characters that can do something like this!!!

New desynch
By: swordgard
One of the many ways to desync…

Desync combo starters
By: TetraBomba
One of the many ways to desync…

New Useful and Easy De-sync

By:
Nintendogs
A pretty fast and easy way to desync…just something to be aware of and keep in mind

Nana charge deception
By: Hylian
A little trick by Hylian that everyone should be aware of

Chaingrab Thread(s)

A simple chainthrow video!
By: Ch33s3
Any new people who are trying to learn how to chaingrab, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!

Official Chaingrab Thread

By: Corner-Trap
This is the official chaingrab thread

IC Infinite on heavyweights
By: ChibiIceClimberz
A good way to Infinite fatties

Extremly EASY method of CGing heavy characters 0-death.
Another way to chaingrab fatties

Ice Climbers: Grab Combos and Chain Throws
By: slacker!
It’s a pretty outdated thread but kind of useful in my opinion

Snowstorm - In-Depth Video About IC Grabs
New Ice Climber mainers can learn a lot from this…

Grab Combos + Other Stuff
Grab combo’s and other stuff =P

Speed grabbing.
Tells us how fast you can really do your alternate throws…

Stage Discussion Thread(s)

IC stage picks - which ones help/hinder?
By: calprinicus
Pretty outdated, but one of the only stage threads I’ve found…

Other Thread(s)

Iceblock QUICKDRAW and cancel *UPDATE*

By: l!nk_aut
A tutorial how to do the ice block quickdraw & ice block cancel

The Ice Climbers have the best shield in the game.
Hylian tells us why the Ice Climbers have the best shield in the game...

Zoning

By: *P*L*U*R*
*P*L*U*R* tells us about zoning…

Footstool Infinate grab combo. Leads into Ice Block Lock!
By: NESSBOUNDER
This is sick! =P

When playing a solo climber
By: KRDsonic
Thought this might be useful since we all lose one of our climbers eventually…

70 damage Ice Climbers “combo”
By: megamanexev3
The title says it all =P

Overlooked IC Stuff

If you haven’t seen this already, please do!

3) General Threads

Brawl Character Match-Up chart
By: IvanEva
An in-depth Match-Up Chart and discussion

Character Rankings List
By: Ankoku
Character Rankings

4) Submission Format

If you're looking for anymore links, let me know. I'll try to update this as much as possible until either this thread is stickied or the threads contained within it are.

The best method to submit, to make sure I can find it and credit authors properly:

Name of Thread
Author
Link
Description (a tiny description)

Ex.

Name: Ice Climbers are Awesome
Author: IceClimberGuy87
Link: http://smashboards.com/
Description: How Awesome Ice Climbers are

5) Credits

A Big thanks to:
Delicious Cake &
Bouse
-for allowing me to use of Delicious Cake's "The Law" text, and Bouse's "Submission Format" text.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
xD Now people won't have to say "How can I CG" and "How do I desync" and waste the space on the boards =D

Thank You!

smaci92

Smash Lord
xD Now people won't have to say "How can I CG" and "How do I desync" and waste the space on the boards =D

Thank You!
your welcome! ya lol, in all the 500 threads I looked at, the majority were "How can I CG" and "How do I desync" :laugh: it got a bit annoying after a while...hope this works...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this, the Q&A topic, and the IC Finder need to be stickied. WHY HAVE THEY NOT STICKIED THEM YET!?

i asked them for the IC Finder, and you asked for the Q&A topic, but still nothing....

smaci92

Smash Lord
this, the Q&A topic, and the IC Finder need to be stickied. WHY HAVE THEY NOT STICKIED THEM YET!?

i asked them for the IC Finder, and you asked for the Q&A topic, but still nothing....
Ya I know...How are the IC boards ever gonna get organized if barely anything gets stickied!!! :mad:
There's like a person/day posting a thread like "how do I chaingrab"...........

*sigh*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hey i saw dis hylian video and he was like BAM I GRAB U N U DIE.

it waz cool

smaci92

Smash Lord
hey i saw dis hylian video and he was like BAM I GRAB U N U DIE.

it waz cool
Oh really??? Hylian I guess you decided to main IC's because you fell into this group lol:
You stumbled upon VirtualVoid's and Hylian's videos, and were amazed at the potential of the "dynamic duo"

Nice job! This will help me a lot, I just picked up the Ice Climbers.
thanks ;) hope it helps

Rykard

Smash Ace
mad props to smac on this. ive been getting tired of the same threads over and over again appearing for no reason when so much information is out there

smaci92

Smash Lord
thanks rykard :)

OK EVERYONE....I JUST FINISHED THE NEON TEXT, IC PIC, AND COLOR CODED EVERYTHING. ANY SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE THE DESIGN EVEN BETTER? OR IS IT PERFECT? LOL

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Something I noticed...

1) The Law

Greetings (newcomer?), and welcome to the Ice Climber boards! Chances are you're in one of the following groups:

• You stumbled upon VirtualVoid's and Hylian's videos, and were amazed at the potential of the "dynamic duo".
  • You're from Europe or Australia and have just recently gotten your hands on a copy of Brawl,
    or
  • You just plain enjoy playing the Ice Climbers.

No matter which category you fall under, we're glad to have you as part of the Ice Climber community. However, we would like to set a few guidelines for posting. These will reduce clutter from the boards and make finding the information you need easier for everyone.

RULES FOR POSTING

1. SPAM THREADS: Do not come here and post threads such as "Ice Climberz are so cheap" They will not be tolerated and will be reported.

2. Short questions: We have a Question & Answer Thread for a reason! If you have a relatively simple question, please post there (do not start a new thread), and we promise that someone will respond.

3. "Personal Synopsis" threads: DO NOT POST ONE OF THESE. Yes, we appreciate your opinions in regular discussions, but an entire thread devoted to "My thoughts about Ice Climbers" does not add to the credibility of the board.

4. Challenges: You may think you are the best. You are most likely wrong. Please do not post a thread stating that you are and that you are accepting challenges so you can prove you're the best. If you would like to challenge someone, please take it to private messaging.

5. Regarding new AT's/combos: If you think that you may have discovered a new AT or combo, please refer back to this thread before posting. Again, chances are someone has already discovered it or it has been disproven. If what you want to post has not been covered anywhere, do not just post a thread stating "I did something omg!!!!!111one". Try and describe in as much detail as you can and what you were doing when you discovered this, and if you can, try and post video proof. Failure to do either does not allow us to replicate and confirm your AT/combo.

6. Grammar and spelling: Spelling and grammar are important functions of the English language. Use comma's and period's. Capitalize where appropriate. And don't post crap like "d00d if u r gunuh uze dis khar jo ned 2 doo stuf kplztx"

REMEMBER: Use the search function! Just because something is not covered in this thread does not mean it hasn't been posted before. Repeat threads waste space and push legitimate threads off of the front page.

Congratulations! You're now ready to post on the Ice Climber board!
Hmmm... this looks awfully similar to:
***I am writing this in the anticipation that we will start getting more and more new ZSS players on the board as Claw's combo video starts gaining popularity, as well as the upcoming release of Brawl in Europe and Australia. We, the regulars here on the ZSS board, need to start protecting the integrity of the board once again as we get flooded by new users. Any feedback from you would be highly appreciated. If you feel I haven't covered something that should be in here, let me know so I can edit it.***

ZERO SUIT SAMUS BOARD FOR DUMMIES​

A guide to posting appropriately on the Zero Suit Samus Board,
by DeliciousCake.

Greetings newcomer, and welcome to the Zero Suit Samus board! Chances are you're in one of the following groups:

• You stumbled upon myRoboticClaw's amazing combo video and have decided to learn more about ZSS,
    or
  • You just plain enjoy playing ZSS.

No matter which category you fall under, we're glad to have you as part of the Zero Suit Samus community. However, we would like to set a few guidelines for posting. These will reduce clutter from the boards and make finding the information you need easier for everyone.

RULES FOR POSTING

As eager as you may be to begin posting, please visit Bouse's Zero Suit Samus Resource Center. Most likely your questions can be answered from one of these threads, or a topic you might think is new or exciting is already being covered elsewhere.

1. SPAM THREADS: Do not come here and post threads such as "Zamus iz so hawt zomg" or "Zamus has nice tilts." They will not be tolerated and will be reported. Also, threads stating things such as "Zamus doesn't deserve a character slot" or "Ridley would have been a better choice for a character" will also be marked as spam.

2. Short questions: We have a Q&A sticky for a reason! If you have a relatively simple question, please post there, and we promise that someone will respond in a timely manner.

3. "Personal Synopsis" threads: DO NOT POST ONE OF THESE. Yes, we appreciate your opinions in regular discussions, but an entire thread devoted to "My thoughts about Zamus" does not add to the credibility of the board.

5. Regarding new AT's/combos: If you think that you may have discovered a new AT or combo, please refer back to the Zero Suit Samus Resource Center before posting. Again, chances are someone has already discovered it or it has been disproven. If what you want to post has not been covered anywhere, do not just post a thread stating "I did something omg!!!!!111one". Try and describe in as much detail as you can and what you were doing when you discovered this, and if you can, try and post video proof. Failure to do either does not allow us to replicate and confirm your AT/combo.

REMEMBER: Use the search function! Just because something is not covered in the Zero Suit Samus Resource Center does not mean it hasn't been posted before. Repeat threads waste space and push legitimate threads off of the front page.

Congratulations! You're now ready to post on the Zero Suit Samus board!
Isn't that the darnedest thing....

4) Submission Format

If you're looking for anymore links, let me know. I'll try to update this as much as possible until either this thread is stickied or the threads contained within it are.

The best method to submit, to make sure I can find it and credit authors properly:

Name of Thread
Author
Link
Description (a tiny description)

Ex.

Name: Ice Climbers are Awesome
Author: IceClimberGuy87
Link: http://smashboards.com/
Description: How Awesome Ice Climbers are

[/I]
And this looks just like:
Submission Format

Name of Thread
Author
Information Covered
Link

Ex.

Name: Zero Suit Samus Is Awesome
Author: ThatAuthorGuy194
Info Covered: How Awesome Zero Suit Samus Is
Link: http://smashboards.com/...

Might I suggest not plagiarizing next time smaci? I spent alot of time writing up those rules and I did it for the betterment of the ZSS board. Now if you're going to just casually come along and take my words from me, I will take this matter seriously.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
maybe you should chill out. its a GUIDE for locating important threads. who cares if its been used ON ANOTHER CHARACTER'S BOARD if it works? the point is to clear up the ic board of repetitive posts. if the ZSS boards have a good system then we'll use it. i don't understand why you're taking personally if they LIKE HOW IT WORKS.

smaci92

Smash Lord
@ delicious cake...I'll be crediting you and Bouse. don't worry---that's what the "credit" section was saved for. Yes, I probably should've asked...I deeply apologize for not asking. If you're still really upset about it, I'll be happy to completely change it for you....so what do you say cake?

I can:
1) give you and Bouse the biggest and first spot on the "credits" section...
OR
2) completely rewrite everything that I got from you and Bouse ASAP

Cake, I'm gone for a few hours. I'll get back to you when I get back.

everyone, just leave this to me and cake to handle...no more posting on this thread until cake answers me.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
@ delicious cake...I'll be crediting you and Bouse. don't worry---that's what the "credit" section was saved for. Yes, I probably should've asked...I deeply apologize for not asking. If you're still really upset about it, I'll be happy to completely change it for you....so what do you say cake?

I can:
1) give you and Bouse the biggest and first spot on the "credits" section...
OR
2) completely rewrite everything that I got from you and Bouse ASAP

Cake, I'm gone for a few hours. I'll get back to you when I get back.

everyone, just leave this to me and cake to handle...no more posting on this thread until cake answers me.
Either rewrite it completely or credit me where it is. Like I said, I spend a lot of time trying to keep the ZSS board clean and that rules thread was probably my biggest accomplishment in doing that. I'm not trying to hassle you, I just want credit where it's due. Like for example, a user on the Ike board messaged me some time ago and asked if they could use it as a framework for the Ike boards. Did they ever write that thread? No, they didn't. But they at least asked me beforehand and said they would give me credit for it.

maybe you should chill out. its a GUIDE for locating important threads. who cares if its been used ON ANOTHER CHARACTER'S BOARD if it works? the point is to clear up the ic board of repetitive posts. if the ZSS boards have a good system then we'll use it. i don't understand why you're taking personally if they LIKE HOW IT WORKS.
I don't have a problem with a guide thread. Every board has a guide thread. I didn't even WRITE the ZSS guide thread. Maybe you should rethink your argument before trying to use "they like how it works" as reasoning for copying and pasting a thread I wrote without crediting me.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I'm fine with plagiarism... as long as I'm credited.
(Please don't make me explain that joke to any of you)
It is nice to see the organizational talents of the Zero Suit community being applied elsewhere, but Cake is right. If Smaci hadn't copied "The Law" down near word for word, it would have been fine. However he did, and Cake has a right to be pissed.
I have no issue with my format being used, but even the dimwits on the Ike boards had the foresight to ask me.
Just be happy I'm not M2K, otherwise I'd sue you for this.

jk <3 Smaci.

smaci92

Smash Lord
*bump*

we've been having some pretty stupid threads in the past two days, which tells me the new people didn't see this...

lordterken

Smash Cadet
Ya I know...How are the IC boards ever gonna get organized if barely anything gets stickied!!! :mad:
There's like a person/day posting a thread like "how do I chaingrab"...........

*sigh*
Yay i agree with you it is my most fav forums.:(

marth69

Smash Cadet
I just picked up on the ice climbers and i need some good advice pleas PM me any time if you think you could help peas

Top Bottom