• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nov 22: Melee, Brawl, Brawl+ in Middle GA

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Here we go again. Singles only. If I get the items needed to hack the Wii Ill hold a Brawl+ tourney (no trip + Melee air dodge + S-Cancel) after the Brawl tourney.

Stairway Toys
3640 Eisenhower Pkwy
Macon, GA 31206
(478) 784-6403‎
Google Maps
Map Quest
There is PLENTY of parking space
Door fee is $5
All entries are $5
Signups start when the store opens (10:00 I think)
The tournament will start some time from 12:00 to 12:30
60% of the pot will go to first place
40% of the pot will go to second place

Whichever tourney starts first depends on how convenient it is for you all, and the second starts after the first one ends (no time estimate)

Melee
*Items = Off

*Stages
- 6 Neutral Stages (set for Random)
1) Final Destination
2) Battlefield
3) Yoshi Story
4) Dream Land 64
5) Pokemon Stadium
6) Fountain of Dreams
- Banned Stages
1) Icicle Mountain (Ice Climber)
2) Great Bay
3) Flat Zone
4) Hyrule
5) Mushroom Kingdom I
6) Brinstar Depths
7) Fourside
8) Big Blue
9) Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
10) Onett
11) Yoshi 64
12) Kongo Jungle
13) Venom
* Double Elimination
* 2 out of 3 / 3 out of 5 finals
* Slashing
* Advanced Slob Picks
* In-Game
- Stock Match
1) 4 stock per player
2) Stock match time limit = 8 Minutes per game
* Extra
- Activating the Ice Climbers' freezing glitch will be result in disqualification of the activating player for the game (just 1 of the 3 or 5 games in the round)
* Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect

Brawl

*2 out of 3 / 3 out of 5 finals
*Double Elimination
*Advance Slob Picks
*In-Game
- 3 Stock per player per fight
- 7 Minutes per fight
- Items turned Off
*Metaknight i limited to 1 fight per match per player (Finals are an exception) (removed) / Infinate Cape is banned
* Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect
*Stages
- Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

- Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Port Town Aero Dive

- Banned
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Onett
Skyworld
Mario Circuit
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Distant Planet

Brawl+
Brawl+ will use the same rule set as Brawl.
Brawl+ will use the following hacks
- Increased gravity (value 1.2, which does hurt Sonic's recovery but not as extreme as the heavy gravity Brawl)
- S Canceling
- Wavedash / Melee Air Dodge
- hitstun 1.3
- No tripping

I always miss something so tell me what I forgot lolz

Saltix

Smash Lord
"*Metaknight i limited to 1 fight per match per player / Infinate Cape is banned"

What?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
just a prolonged way of saying that u can only use MK once per opponent (unless u fight them more than once on the brackets of course).

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about that, I can see why it could and couldnt. I think ill allow it for finals because if u can make it that far without spamming MK i guess u have the right to use him in the end. Ill add that

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
people are talking of banning him all together actually, I decided to be somewhat fair about it lolz.
But seriously, odds are it will still be MK winning the tourney

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't limit MK since a bunch of people are going to have a problem with it, even if fighting a decent MK is an uphill battle.

But yeah, other than that I plan to be there. These are awesome monthlies.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
To help out, you forgot to mention what items to bring as far as controllers, Wiis, Brawls, Melees, Cubes, and stuff. Anything that can help speed up the process of the tourney.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
lolz if everyone comes in going LET MK FREE or some crap Ill allow him, either way doesnt matter but I would like to see someone other than MK win some matches.

items to speed it up... yeah..... Wiis (with the Melee/Brawl) and i forgot to put byoc so yeah. We only really have space for about 4 TVs (depending on the sizes of them). Ill bring one plus a console (I need to find my copy of Melee, its missing lolz).I would say have some hacked Wiis but I honestly doubt I will have mine hacked by then so odds are the hack brawl wont be happening this time around.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
if u bring a console for it, Ive got 2 people aside from myself willing to bring Wiis, and they both bring Brawl with them

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
if u bring a console for it, Ive got 2 people aside from myself willing to bring Wiis, and they both bring Brawl with them
I see. The only problem I have is getting there. I take the city bus, but do you know of any city buses that travel in your area? Because I could always do rail-to-rail to get there. I went to Fort Valley State in Middle Georgia, but I never heard of any.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I see. The only problem I have is getting there. I take the city bus, but do you know of any city buses that travel in your area? Because I could always do rail-to-rail to get there. I went to Fort Valley State in Middle Georgia, but I never heard of any.
Doubtful. City buses are only usual in like, metro Atlanta. lol

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
yeah.
Oh, Josh (i assume) and Tyler are probably bringing Wiis with games, meaning we're short on TVs. Also, an extra copy of Melee would work really nice

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
bump.
I should be getting the stuff needed for homebrew so I plan on having a Brawl+ tourney either between the Melee and standard Brawl tournies or after Brawl.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the tourney this saturday is different and local (Brawl only) and for a school club (which I have Tio for that btw) and I would have it up on Smashboards but we have a limited time and I dont want to overrun that like we typically do.

This thread is for the 22nd Nov tourney at Stairway Toys

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
u can still go if u want, just dont expect much competition (Speedace is rally the only one to worry about).

It'll start at 11 am, and unlike some other smash tourneys this one won't wait for late shows.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I really want to, but I got to work. BTW. We REALLY need to play online again.

Lol that sux. Weekends off ftw

Hate online, it screws with the way I play. PM me whenever.

Yeah, Speedace. Is exactly the person who I've been training to beat. I feel like Naruto. lol
If you yell at yourself repeatedly and believe you can do it you'll win.

No not really.

SBrown

Smash Rookie
I'm tellin ya man, I've gotten better. So if u win it wont be a blow out. (Unless I get nervous or something). But maybe I do another smash thing at my house since I haven't done one in awhile.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Ok I officially have Brawl+ to an extent (need an SD reader/writer due to some technical difficulties in editting codes) so I will definately be hosting 3 tourneys on the 22nd.

Edit: MK is fully usable, no limits but still no infinite cape.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
who's stephen? dude we should hit up ernesto... or that guy that beat u at play n trade, u still never got him back lolz

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well Ernesto = lame for quitting if thats the case....
Josh, u lost at Play N Trade (but I lose at all tourneys, and lost the game lolz)
SBrown.... u Stephen?

This is quite the turnout so far...... makes me wanna quit hosting lolz.
I think "Melee" scared the locals away.... and the competitive Melee players never really show up in good numbers so yeah. I might just host Brawl & Brawl+ from now on.
Sad,,,

So Josh, think U'll be able to take Jubril this time around?

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't stop hosting so soon. With repetition the scene still has a chance to grow on a local level.

As for Jubril, possibly. I refuse to play MK so that cuts my chances.
Maybe Snake? lol

SBrown

Smash Rookie
Well Ernesto = lame for quitting if thats the case....
Josh, u lost at Play N Trade (but I lose at all tourneys, and lost the game lolz)
SBrown.... u Stephen?

This is quite the turnout so far...... makes me wanna quit hosting lolz.
I think "Melee" scared the locals away.... and the competitive Melee players never really show up in good numbers so yeah. I might just host Brawl & Brawl+ from now on.
Sad,,,

So Josh, think U'll be able to take Jubril this time around?
  1. When Brawl 1st came out me and Ernesto were about even, but then he like stopped playing after he won that midnight tourny thing at gamestop. I've tried to get him to come to a few of the other tournys that your hosted before, but I think he said that he had been letting someone else borrow his wii. So I dunno if he has actually quit, but I know that he isn't very active.
  2. And yeah SBrown = Stephen

3. BTW, what is the difference in Brawl and Brawl+?

As for Jubril, possibly. I refuse to play MK so that cuts my chances.
Maybe Snake? lol
Josh, Dude, did u loose to Jubril?!? The loud dude from Macon.

Top Bottom