• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This is a very well made list, nicely done.

To autocancel NAir, just land before the animation finishes.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I was actually planing on doing something like this my self but my program only slows down to 30fps which is why that QD video was so gay. pretty good anyways I might try and help you make it more accurate later on.

edit: the main thing I want to do was test eruptions and aethers SA frames but I was actually thinking of waiting till a frame by frame hack comes out.

edit2: wtf is with charged eruption the hit box lasts 5 seconds?

edit3: QD's IASA frame is 45 or 46 my video once again.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nice list. It will be useful. I see that you forgot F-smash or did you forget it on purpose.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I was actually planing on doing something like this my self but my program only slows down to 30fps which is why that QD video was so gay. pretty good anyways I might try and help you make it more accurate later on.

edit: the main thing I want to do was test eruptions and aethers SA frames but I was actually thinking of waiting till a frame by frame hack comes out.

edit2: wtf is with charged eruption the hit box lasts 5 seconds?

edit3: QD's IASA frame is 45 or 46 my video once again.
Okay, I'll edit the OP with the IASA frames for QD.

Nice list. It will be useful. I see that you forgot F-smash or did you forget it on purpose.
I got lazy, since I couldn't see a way to accurately test when the hitbox would come out. I'll do it later, I guess.

Roager

Smash Ace
Has this been added to a guide or anything yet? Or is this just gonna die?

metroid1117

Smash Master
You sure jab is frame 2??? People keep saying 4, and it used to be 3 o_O

Dsmash combos from jab.
As I said, there's error on these calculations; these are more like estimates >.>. I thought someone had calculated it to be 2 frames, but I couldn't find his post.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think you're data is 2 frames off >_> Cause I read bair is 8 frames, and your QD data is 2 frames off to. I think it all adds up.

And where is fsmash? :(

Roager

Smash Ace
Yes, ussi, he said at the start that his frames are a little off. Problems slowing down videos.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I think you're data is 2 frames off >_> Cause I read bair is 8 frames, and your QD data is 2 frames off to. I think it all adds up.

And where is fsmash? :(
I'll conduct more tests next week, I'm completely boggled down this weekend :ohwell:. Do you have any ideas to get more accurate data?

FSmash I couldn't figure out a way to test when the hitbox came out, and I (personally) didn't see much value in knowing the IASA frames on it. I'll be sure to test it next time I do more of these though.

Kirk

Smash Champion
If you have problems slowing down video, I can help out with that. I could recheck the data here and give my results. If you don't mind that is. :D

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you have problems slowing down video, I can help out with that. I could recheck the data here and give my results. If you don't mind that is. :D
That would be greatly appreciated :). This is meant to meant to be as accurate as possible, I don't mind any assistance.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I captured all my video...got A LOT of different stuff...you want me to just post my big *** list here after I review my captured video?

Kirk

Smash Champion
First Batch - Work in Progress

Here's my first batch. I got mostly different values from Metroid's results. I'm still fairly sure these are 95% accurate.

"Terms"
Hit: When attack hits.
End: when the animation ends.
IASA: Interuptable as soon as frame.
Landing: Aerial landing lag.
Hitlag: "Frozen" frames when an attack lands successfully. (Not entirely important, but I included some data regardless)
Charge: First frame you can charge an attack.

Note: Frames with multiple values are spacing dependent. Usually the lower value is when Ike is closer the opponent and the higher value is when he is spaced so the very tip of the attack hits.

1st Jab (A)

Hit: 3-4
End: 24
IASA: 17

2nd Jab (A, A)

Hit: 19 (With 5 frames Hitlag)
End: 48 (With 10 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 41 (With 10 frames Hitlag)

3rd Jab (A, A, A)

Hit: 38-40 (With 10 frames Hitlag)
End: 77 (With 15 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 72 (With 15 frames Hitlag)

Dash Attack

Hit: 18
End: 54
IASA: 51

Ftilt

Hit: 17-18
End: 58
IASA: 56

Utilt - (Need: End of hitbox frames)

Hit: 13
End: 50
IASA: 50

Dtilt

Hit: 16-17
End: 64
IASA: 55

More to come.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Not at all :D Thanks.

Smashes coming up in a few minutes...will edit this post.

Edit:

"Terms"
End: when the animation ends.
IASA: Interuptable as soon as frame.
Hitlag: "Frozen" frames when an attack lands successfully. (Not entirely important, but I included some data regardless)
Charge: First frame you can charge an attack.

Note: Frames with multiple values are spacing dependent. Usually the lower value is when Ike is closer the opponent and the higher value is when he is spaced so the very tip of the attack hits.

Fsmash

Hit: 30-34
End: 84
IASA: 80
Charge: 26

Usmash

Hit: 25-31
End: 87
IASA: 67
Charge: 10

Dsmash

Hit: 13-14, 32-33
End: 74
IASA: 71
Charge: 6

Usmash is definitely the safest...IASA up the wazoo :o But we kind of already knew that.

Kirk

Smash Champion
spoiler:
Fsmash is faster than Usmash.
Haha...too true xD. Though IASA on Usmash kicks Fsmash's *** any day :p

Yay more data :D.

Adding now, I'll check when tomorrow morning and add any more I missed.
That's it for tonight actually. I have work in the morning and have to get some sleep. More tomorrow morning possibly...if not then later in the day.

Edit Edit: Added 'Charge' to the terms list. Forgot to put that in there xD

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm going to list a bunch of stuff of what I currently have captured and what I still need to do.

Done, waiting to be reviewed:

Nair
Fair
Bair
Uair
Dair

Grab
Dash Grab
Grab Release (Ground+Air...when Ike can first act, etc.)

Fthrow
Bthrow
Uthrow
Dthrow

Eruption
Quick Draw
Aether
Counter

Jump
Landing (Soft + Hard)
Spotdodge
Airdodge
Roll Dodge (Right + Left)

Shield (When it starts and when you can first act after dropping it...probably the same for all characters, but I have it anyway.)

Ledge Grab (Just grabbing onto the ledge)
Ledge-Stand
Ledge-Roll
Ledge-Jump
Ledge-Attack
(All for both less than and over 100%)

Things I still need:

Fast Fall Frame (When is the earliest Ike can fast fall after a shorthop?)
Turnaround Animation
"Foxtrot" Frames

"Get-up" Actions (After being knocked on the ground...for both facing up and facing down)
-Stand
-Rolling (Left + Right)
-Attack

Tripping (Duration, IASA, Attack, Roll, etc.)
Tripping from a Banana(Same as regular Trip?)

Throwing an Item(Animation, IASA, glide toss?[don't think he has one], etc.)

Autocancel Frames (When is the earliest Ike's aerials are autocanceled?)

Other Things:

Which is faster/has less lag:
-Short hopped Bair - Auto cancelled or Fast Falled?
-Full Hop Aerials vs. Shorthopped Aerials

Grab Release Combos: Character specific...will take more time. (Air release to dash attack, ground release to jabs, regrab, etc.)

Jab Stun (How long is opponent stunned from jabs? Will help better understand what can be reasonably chained from jabs, how much room for error, etc.)

----------
If there is something you would like to know or if there is something that I missed, PLEASE let me know and I will add it to my To-Do list. Suggestions are welcome. :D I want to get as much information out of this as I can. I'm sure many of you would like to know too.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I figure as long as I'm at work (still am :o ) that I could still do something productive :p

Still open to suggestions on what to look for. I'll see if I can get started on stuff when I get home.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well if its possible try looking for the super armor frames. The dojo said that Ike's aether had SA on landing but I always get hit out of it so I'm wondering if there is any in there at all.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Aerials! Grabs!

Next bunch

Also, a revision to the terms:

"Terms"
End: when the animation ends. For Aerials, it is the full animation completed in the air without touching the ground (IASA frame in the air is the same as the end of the animation)
IASA: Interuptable as soon as frame. For aerials, frames are calculated at the beginning of the landing animation.
Hitlag: "Frozen" frames when an attack lands successfully. With throws, the opponent gets "thrown" immediately after the hitlag ends. (Not entirely important, but I included some data regardless)

Aerials

Nair

Hit: 15-28
End: 76
IASA: 13
Landing: 18

Fair

Hit: 18-21
End: 60
IASA: 22
Landing: 30

Bair

Hit: 7
End: 55
IASA: 22
Landing: 31

Uair

Hit: 15-33
End: 58
IASA: 19
Landing: 27

Dair

Hit: 16-30
End: 55
IASA: 29
Landing: 40

Uair has a beastly hitbox duration as well has a beastly IASA frame.

And I can't believe I forgot to check super armor xD *Adds to list*

EDIT: Grab stuff. Only missing whiffed grab data...which is pretty important to miss xD

Standing Grab

Hit: 7
End(Grabbed): 8
IASA(Grabbed): 8
End(Miss): __
IASA(Miss): __

Dashing Grab

Hit: 12
End(Grab): 13
IASA(Grab): 13
End(Miss): __
IASA(Miss): __

Pummel

Hit: 5
End: 37 (With 5 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 30 (With 5 frames Hitlag)

Grab Release (Air)

End: 30
IASA: 30

Grab Release (Ground)

End: 30
IASA: 30

Fthrow

Hit: 5
End: 39 (With 4 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 28 (With 4 frames Hitlag)

Bthrow

Hit: 20
End: 54 (With 4 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 37 (With 4 frames Hitlag)

Uthrow

Hit: 26
End: 59 (With 4 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 59 (With 4 frames Hitlag)

Dthrow

Hit: 35
End: 68 (With 4 frames Hitlag)
IASA: 62 (With 4 frames Hitlag)
Note: Opponent flys upwards on frame 51.

What I found interesting...Bthrow actually allows you to follow up faster than Fthrow. Neato, eh?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ah good call...I'll add that to the list also.

Also, if there is anything that is confusing or you don't understand, feel free to ask and I'll try and clear some things up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This should be stickied. Frame rates are one of the most important aspects of the game mechanics.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kirk, how are you getting the frame data, just out of curiosity? (What programs are you using, how are you determining an attack's hitbox frames, etc.)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This should be stickied. Frame rates are one of the most important aspects of the game mechanics.
Gheb I think your sexy.

Kirk uses adobe premier because that one does slow videos down to 60fps so you can see every frame. He tests things in regular speed then in 1/4th speed with this crazy math formula that I just said meh.

edit: replace CK's sticky with this. He'll probably get mad but meh its not worth a sticky.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Gheb I think your sexy.

Kirk uses adobe premier because that one does slow videos down to 60fps so you can see every frame. He tests things in regular speed then in 1/4th speed with this crazy math formula that I just said meh.

edit: replace CK's sticky with this. He'll probably get mad but meh its not worth a sticky.
... I wish I had Adobe Premier :(.

What is this "crazy math formula" that you speak of?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I actually ditched the 1/4th speed method...numbers did in fact get a little weird and less accurate. In anycase, I can capture the video and make it into 60fps...so I can see how the game runs with good accuracy.

I just step through my videos frame by frame and get the start/end times for most of everything.

I haven't been able to work more on it cause of this smashfest I've been having at my place all weekend :p

Special Attacks will be next when I get to them.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Please get down to it :).

By the way, anyone is free to contribute as long as their method produces accurate data.

Posted this on AiB, for those of you that care.

*bump*

Top Bottom