• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nov 22nd, Ann Arbor MI, SC4, Naruto CoN:rev2, and Brawl @ Get Your Game On Monthlies!

Vayseth

Smash Master

Get Your Game On will be hosting monthly tournaments in Ann Arbor Michigan on one Saturday a month in October, November and December. They have just remodeled their basement and it looks to be a PERFECT venue for the Smash community and fans of other fighting games. If the snow isn't too bad and we are successful in getting people every month, we will hold tournaments after December too!

Date/Times

This Month's Tournament will be taking place on Saturday, November 22nd! This is the same day as the UofM vs, OSU game but... WHO CARES? They both are out of anything worth mentioning and we'd all rather have fun together anyway right?

Registration @ 11 am until 1 pm. If you are bringing a set up I would like you to be here sometime between 11 am and 12 noon. Thanks!

Brawl Doubles and Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 @ 1 pm!

Brawl Singles and Soul Calibur 4 @ 5 pm!

These are approximate times. Generally one hour is allowed between the first two tournaments and the second two tournaments for getting of dinner and whatnot. Hopefully we keep to schedule because we have to be out no later than 9 pm!

Venue:

Get Your Game On
709 Packard Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Homepage here
Map here
The map included above shows where to find free parking as well as food places directly surrounding Get Your Game On. If you cannot find free parking, there are meters outside the store which are $0.50 an hour for 10 total hours. However, after 6 pm it is free so you can just load the meter until 6 pm.

Price:

*Venue fee: $5
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person
**Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2: FREE!
Soul Calibur 4: $5

Payout is standard 60%/30%/10% for all events. Percentages may change based on turnout.

*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WHOLE set up (wii w/ game + a TV. Venue fee may also include some food and drinks. Details TBA. Only a limited number of set ups will be allowed. Please let me know if you are bringing one.
**Note: if you are entering both Naruto and Brawl Doubles do not just forfeit your matches if you have to play in a brawl match. We will wait for you. Just because it's free doesn't mean you shouldn't try your best to win!

The $5 venue fee can be paid via trade ins. Aka, old games/systems/whatever, can be traded in to the store as opposed to paying a venue fee. I would call the store first to see if they have too many of something (and therefore wouldn't take it in) and their number is available on their website (above). So, take advantage of this offer!

Venue Rules:

1. Respect the Venue- Please pick up your trash and try not to throw controllers, kick chairs, or anything that may do damage to the venue. Anything that is broken or any trash that is left is then my responsibility and I will glare at you for a long time *glare*.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED INSIDE OR ON THE PREMISES. IF IT IS FOUND YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a game store which caters to all ages, be respectful and do not make a fool out of yourself.
3. Smoking cigarettes is allowed right outside the building. Just try not to crowd the door so customers can get inside.
4. The tournament will be held in the basement (2 rooms!) which will be our space. The upstairs is a game store so please go up stairs to pick up any new games or drinks/snacks if you wish. In general though, be respectful of the other customers.
5. HAVE FUN! This is something really cool for Ann Arbor and for fans of these games all over. Let's keep it up so we can keep running them every month!
6. I will NOT TOLERATE unsportsmanlike conduct. There will be no insulting, coaching, or verbal abuse of any kind during tournament matches. Coaching is allowed between matches only. If I catch you doing any of the above, you will get a warning. Doing it again will result in you being kicked out.
7. There are no refunds on the venue fee. If you have to leave early and cannot enter a tournament that you paid for, I can give you a refund ONLY if you have not played a single match in the tournament. If you have played at all, I will not give you a refund.
8. If I am busy (ESPECIALLY if I am in a match) wait until I am done to talk to me.
9. Anything you bring is YOUR responsibility. If anything is lost or broken myself, nor the venue take any responsibility for it. Keep an eye on your stuff and make sure you take care of other people's TVs, systems, etc.

Therefore, this list basically says: Be respectful to those around you and have fun...

...or I'll KILL YOU (jks =P).

Out of State Housing:

If you would like to come to this from out of state, there may be a place for you to stay in the Ann Arbor area on Saturday night. Post in the thread and someone might be able to help you!

Game Rules:

ALL EVENTS ARE DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Nearly everything else is different.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

This tournament follows the basic outline of the rules set by the SBR. Details of the rules can be found here.

However, the stage list will be rather different. Here is the stage list for this tournament:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Poke'mon Stadium 1

They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.

Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.

If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2:

1) Time: 90 Seconds
2) Damage Level: 2
3) Rounds: 3 out of 5
4) All Obstacles and Stage Transitions will be turned OFF
5) Controller Set-up: Game Cube and Classic Controller Styles ONLY.
6) Wiimotes must have the batteries pulled out inbetween matches. Interference with someone else's matches will result in DQ.
7) Each set of the tournament will go 2 out of 3 Matches until Winner's and Loser's Finals which will be 3 out of 5 Matches. Grand Finals will be 4 out of 7 Matches.
8) Gaara's backturned up+A on WAKEUP is Banned and Jiraiya's backturned down+A on WAKEUP is Banned!
9) Loser of the match has the option to change characters or choose a stage (if they want). Winner must keep the same character. If a new character is chosen the loser can not pick the stage and it goes to Random.
10) In general, stages are always chosen at random, no redos. Players must agree on a stage or it is random.

Soul Calibur 4:

1. This tournament will be played on the XBOX 360 console ONLY.
2. Bring your own controller/stick.
3. Rounds are set to 3/5
4. Sets will be 2/3 matches until Winner's and Loser's finals, which will be 3/5, and Grand Finals will be 4/7.
5. Time Limit is set to default, which is 60 seconds.
6. Life Bars are set to default.
7. Soul Gadge is set to default.
8. Stages are selected at random. The Loser of a match may opt to re-random the stage if they please.
9. BANNED: Infinites, Purposeful Glitching of any kind, All Bonus Characters, Created Characters.
10. Loser of the match may switch characters but the winner of the match must stay the same character.
11. Edits of pre-existing characters is ok, but they must be completed before the start of the tournament.

Other Forum Pages:

Willvoltion: http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7321
All is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3229
8WayRun: http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/sc4-naruto-con-rev2-and-brawl-get-your-t1170/
Calibur Forums: http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35358
SRK: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=166927
Shi-Shi Rendan: http://www.shishi-rendan.com/showthread.php?t=1442

Alright guys, that seems to be it! Let me know if I forgot anything and I will update it accordingly! See you all there!!

SYSTEM PREREG LIST:

Because I only have a limited number of space for set ups, systems to get rid of the venue fee are going to have to be preregistered. I would appreciate it if those who bring a set up can try to bring a power strip too, since the plug situation will be easier to manage this way.

BRAWL Set Ups:
1. SamuraiPanda
2. Dark Kakashi
3. OmegaXF
4. MachinegunNorm
5. Blood Hawk

Soul Calibur 4 Set Ups:
1. Solon

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 Set Ups:
1. Vayseth
2. Omniswell
3. ORI_bro

Vayseth

Smash Master
Everyone, Naruto comes out tomorrow. PLEEASE head out and rent/buy a copy of the game and get some practice in. It's fun as hell and I'd love to get a community going in MI so we can get some hype for it nationally again.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
I played the first one and it was so unbalanced I wanted to throw up >.>
Plus it got boring pretty fast and the english voices made me want to throw up.
I got sick of Itachi being Itachi or Rock Lee juggling me in the air for 3/4 of my health bar haha.

Sorry that's just my opinion, but I'll rent it for sure and try it out with some of my friends.

ComeBack

Smash Rookie
So how was the outcome last week?
I'll be coming to the November one with 5 of my friends so can't wait for it!

does the same rules and registration guidelines apply for the same one as this?
let me know so i ll tell my friends
thanks guys

Sagnasty Represent!

Vayseth

Smash Master
I played the first one and it was so unbalanced I wanted to throw up >.>
Plus it got boring pretty fast and the english voices made me want to throw up.
I got sick of Itachi being Itachi or Rock Lee juggling me in the air for 3/4 of my health bar haha.

Sorry that's just my opinion, but I'll rent it for sure and try it out with some of my friends.
Most people just write it off like that, but I took the time to learn it and I can tell you it's a bit better than that. Try it out!

So how was the outcome last week?
I'll be coming to the November one with 5 of my friends so can't wait for it!

does the same rules and registration guidelines apply for the same one as this?
let me know so i ll tell my friends
thanks guys

Sagnasty Represent!
Same rules and it went well last time. Hope to see you there!

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I might just have to check this out I've been winning some Detroit area tourneys (just won one on sunday =D) and I noticed some Ann Arbor peeps starting coming to these parts to play. All in all it sounds like fun.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hm... I'm tempted to play it with you later tonight... but I've got so much homework to do :/

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
I've given in. Meaning I'm gonna rent it and give it a shot...If Terf and I like it we'll most definitely help you build a competitive community. We'll see! Blahahahahaha

ComeBack

Smash Rookie
Comeback? from sag? we should play sometime
yep from Saginaw
Unfortunately i don't have a wii lol
i play over at my friends for practice.

did anyone go to that midnight opening for Brawl tourney by any chance? just out of curiosity?
cuz i went to westland for the regionals and i represented MI for Nationals..Well the only 1 to rep MI lol

so reply if anyone has thanks guys

I'll for sure be making this tourney in Nov.

Vayseth

Smash Master
First: :bumper:

Second: Naruto rules will be updated after the event this weekend. Because I want to build a community for the game here in MI, I want to make the entry fee free for Naruto. How does that sound for people?

Third: Because this is on a Sunday, I don't know if I'll have time to run both singles and doubles of brawl. I will likely run just singles. I'm going to talk to the owner to confirm, but I think that'll likely be what I'll have to do. I hope everyone is cool with that?

Forth: I want to start Naruto/Smash fests every week. Who's down for Naruto?

Fifth: Just in case you are interested in Naruto, the website for the community is here: http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/index.php

Enjoy!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
First place winner of your free entry Naruto tournament should win free entry to the next Naruto tournament that has an entry fee. Just a suggestion.

Vayseth

Smash Master
And, BTW guys: I have some good news:

We're likely going to be adding Soul Calibur 4 to the line up! I'm going to talk to the owner today but it looks pretty good that we can do that!

The schedule is going to be a bit tricky from now on so make sure you pay attention!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SC4's a PS3 exclusive, isn't it? Better change the title of that "Wii Fighting Game Monthlies." :D

If only more people played IaMP.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm gonna change it.

Truth is a MI biweekly tournament kind of got canceled all of a sudden which means they need another one. I told them I'd do it and would therefore go with Vayvolution.

ComeBack

Smash Rookie
First: :bumper:

Because this is on a Sunday, I don't know if I'll have time to run both singles and doubles of brawl. I will likely run just singles. I'm going to talk to the owner to confirm, but I think that'll likely be what I'll have to do. I hope everyone is cool with that?

!
so wait?
theres no doubles? just singles

shadowthebeast

Smash Rookie
Title remind me off that bad yugioh spin off GX.

I'll join. Shikamaru, Saskue, and Itachi (cheap) were my best on the last naruto game.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Wait are you still going to clash with my date, i.e. forcing me to kill you?

cause i'd hope not because I like you a lot and would prefer not killing you alex.

thanks.

<3

Edit: alex you son of a... T_T

oh well. screw it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wait are you still going to clash with my date, i.e. forcing me to kill you?

cause i'd hope not because I like you a lot and would prefer not killing you alex.

thanks.

<3

Edit: alex you son of a... T_T

oh well. screw it.
Yeah d00d, I'm sorry. I met with the owner today and we can't do the tournament unless it's on a Saturday. Therefore, my hands are tied =( How about the 15th for you? Is that okay?

For everyone else:

TONS of updates in the OP. I'm going to be updating it all throughout tonight to make sure it looks good because I'll be advertising this everywhere. Make sure to check the rule changes and everything else.

Post if you have questions!

nojoes

Smash Ace
It's cool no hard feelings, hopefully MI can come to the next next one. :p

and keep having them on saturdays so cleveland can come up and play with you guys.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I want to remind everyone that set ups must be preregistered prior to coming. There's a total of 12 set ups allowed so make sure you sign up soon!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
vayseth if i come with my 6 super friends i can bring a tv wii brawl and clash of ninja rev 2 im going to buy it soon

Top Bottom