• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/13/2008 - GIGABITS - All I want for Xmas is Another Melee

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Gigabits Presents our 29th Melee Tournament - All I want for Xmas is Another Melee

So heres the run Down:

Date:

December 13th 2008

Format: Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts: 11:30am (it may start later depending on how many people show up late)

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 2pm

-Note For those that haven't been to a Gigabits Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 9pm (depending on how many people show).

DISCLAIMER: there will be NO Refunds given without extreme emergency on the day of the tournament! This will run till at least 9pm, if you can't stay that late don't enter! Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

All four tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Prizes:

Doubles:

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

Singles:

First Place will receive 50% of singles admission
Second Place will receive 15% of singles admission
Third Place will receive 5% of singles admission

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Gigabits (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Lipton Teas, Tropicana producets, and more)
- Bawls
- Monster
- Redbull
- Headshot
- Chips (Pringles, Sunchips, Lays Producets)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Doughnuts, Honeybuns, Etc.

Also located just in our Plaza is:

Dominos Pizza
Silver Mine Subs
Anmol Indian Cuisine
Miss Saigon Vietnamese
Lazy Moon Pizza (30 inch pizzas, huge slices run like 3-4 dollars which is awesome)
Jeremiahs Italian Ice
Millie's Jamican Cafe
Great China Chinesse
Fusian Sushi and Japenesse
Broadway Pizza
McDonalds
Bangkok Square Thai and Sushi
El Cerro Mexican

all that just in our plaza and more in the area. Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store.

12243 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL, 32817

Across The Street from UCF in the plaza with McDonalds and the El Cerro Mexican Restaurant. The plaza is called University Shoppes.

Gigabits is in the middle of the plaza next to Miss Saigon Vietnamese and Anmol Indian Cuisine.

Directions:

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.

Go straight down university heading for UCF. Gigabits is in the plaza on the left side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Alafaya Trail. (Across the Street from UCF).

Coming off 408 (toll road)

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and take the next right then again the next immediate right and you will be in Gigabits' Plaza.

See GIGABITS website at www.gigabitslan.com

*NOTE* We need TVs and Cubes to make these tournament go faster! Please post if you can bring either or both!

Pritch

Smash Lord
The GA tournament's been there for a while and lots of people are already planning to make it. Bump this back a week, however, and you'll probably get a fair number of people (like potentially me) going to both.

*EDIT* Just swap your brawl tournament and this one. Won't make a difference for the people that don't play melee, but the melee people won't have to choose between 2 awesome tournaments.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wonder if anyone around Kissimmee could spot me a ride. :3

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Oh fail, this is right in the middle of finals week. I'll have to see.

Renth

Smash Hero
I will be there as well.

Since hiroshi is hooked to Halo 3 now,

would anyone like to team for this?
Tell Brian, Halo 3 isn't worth it. I played it competitively long enough to know The majority of the community are douchebags who has nothing better to do than yell at each other trying to prove dominance and be hard ***** over the internet. The game it's self is fun I got really good at it. But once you start to get good the game will do nothing but piss you off constantly. The amount of random BS is incredible for a quick list of things that have happened to me.

1. People purposly lag the game so they look like super saiyans.
2. Shoot someone in the head with a sniper 4 times and there shield not go down at all.
3. Every now and then Plasma Gernades or "sticky" gernades will fall off of people when it's clearly attached to them.
4. And one of my personal favorites you push B to beat down about an inch from someone and it doesn't work for ****.

Point is..

Melee Community >>> Halo Community
Smash Bros Series (including brawl which sucks) >>> Halo 3
My l.ittle Pony the animated series >>> Halo 3

Brian... Melee, learn it, love it, live it.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Tell Brian, Halo 3 isn't worth it. I played it competitively long enough to know The majority of the community are douchebags who has nothing better to do than yell at each other trying to prove dominance and be hard ***** over the internet. The game it's self is fun I got really good at it. But once you start to get good the game will do nothing but piss you off constantly. The amount of random BS is incredible for a quick list of things that have happened to me.

2. Shoot someone in the head with a sniper 4 times and there shield not go down at all.
3. Every now and then Plasma Gernades or "sticky" gernades will fall off of people when it's clearly attached to them.
4. And one of my personal favorites you push B to beat down about an inch from someone and it doesn't work for ****.

Point is..

god...

someone bring a halo man in here, they gotta see this ****...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Halo man seems like a pretty awesome name. ;3 (I would use it even if I don't play Halo)

Frames

DI
aw3som3 r3nth u are t3h b3st evar like master cheef

sorry just saw the newest arby n the chief, and your halo discussion reminded me of it haha

Renth

Smash Hero
aw3som3 r3nth u are t3h b3st evar like master cheef

sorry just saw the newest arby n the chief, and your halo discussion reminded me of it haha
Mwarhead sorry for the random halo talks in your thread XD

Gigs is the best.

Period.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Point is..

thats ironic, cause i just bought halo 3 to start playing in it competitively. ********* is only doing 4vs4 teams though. Im not gonna ever gonna do free for all, not sure about them

maybe we can get brian to join us. WE got 3 players and we DO need one more for 4vs4...we eventually wanna go MLG, since right now there arent any dominant teams its the perfect time to get in

lamugi

Smash Lord
thats ironic, cause i just bought halo 3 to start playing in it competitively. ********* is only doing 4vs4 teams though. Im not gonna ever gonna do free for all, not sure about them

maybe we can get brian to join us. WE got 3 players and we DO need one more for 4vs4...we eventually wanna go MLG, since right now there arent any dominant teams its the perfect time to get in
lolz they wont even look at you unless your good in ffa.....point is halo sucks teh **** just stick to brawl. :D

seriously tho the halo community is full of d1cks!!!

Renth

Smash Hero

Good luck. Here's a tip: Halo 3 is crazy repetitive once you learn how to handle everything that can possibly happen you'll win just about every game like I do (not meaning to brag by any means) The game takes very little thought, lead in with gernades and never ever go up against someone else when you are low on shields and the other has full. Learn gernade banks like if there's a group in front of you but not too close chuck a nade at your feet and bounce in their face and take the 1-shot free BR kill.

How's this.. add one of my old booster accounts Gamer Tag = Strenko

I only used it to help people get their 50s but I still BS on it occasionally, I don't have an XBOX of my own so i'm not on often but If i'm on when you are i'll gladly play you and show you stuff and or play you 1v1/1v2/1v/3/1v/4 or if my old doubles partners on we'll go 2v - anything

lolz they wont even look at you unless your good in ffa.....point is halo sucks teh **** just stick to brawl. :D

seriously tho the halo community is full of d1cks!!!
Truth.

Again. Sorry for the Halo garbage talk in your thread Mwarhead

<3 gigs

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just beat RE4 recently. Been playing the Mercaniries as well, holy **** Dr Salvador with Double sided chain saw!!!!!!! *Whirrrrrrrr* "TIEM 2 START RUNNIN ALL OVAH DA PLACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Bass turd doesn't even climb latters, he jumps over them, and I just managed to get up! D:<<

Gindler

Smash Champion
Good luck. Here's a tip: Halo 3 is crazy repetitive once you learn how to handle everything that can possibly happen you'll win just about every game like I do (not meaning to brag by any means) The game takes very little thought, lead in with gernades and never ever go up against someone else when you are low on shields and the other has full. Learn gernade banks like if there's a group in front of you but not too close chuck a nade at your feet and bounce in their face and take the 1-shot free BR kill.

How's this.. add one of my old booster accounts Gamer Tag = Strenko

I only used it to help people get their 50s but I still BS on it occasionally, I don't have an XBOX of my own so i'm not on often but If i'm on when you are i'll gladly play you and show you stuff and or play you 1v1/1v2/1v/3/1v/4 or if my old doubles partners on we'll go 2v - anything

Truth.

Again. Sorry for the Halo garbage talk in your thread Mwarhead

<3 gigs
I actually think I was way better at halo3 than the smash games, it was just too simple as you said. Hide at the end of a corridor, someone shows up on motion tracker that they're running down the corridor, shoot 12 needles into their chest, they explode, and repeat. Too bad pegasus landing dubbed down on the internet last christmas or the 360 wouldn't have been sold :urg:

Dead Space is the most amazing non-RE4 or non-Silent Hill 2 game I've ever played.
Dead space looked good just from the commercials, can't say that about alot of games. Melee's commercial was so BAD, so was brawls actually, the only good smash commercial was the 64 one....(see i mentioned smash in my post :lick: sorry anyway though as well mwarhead)

Renth

Smash Hero
I actually think I was way better at halo3 than the smash games, it was just too simple as you said. Hide at the end of a corridor, someone shows up on motion tracker that they're running down the corridor, shoot 12 needles into their chest, they explode, and repeat.
Wrong, My Br is really good I never just crouched around and hidlike a scrub, I enjoyed BR battles and out sniping people. and it's 9 needles =)

Top Bottom