• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs. Pikachu Matchup

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
So, I read that Toon Link had an advantage on Pikachu, so I was curious what you guys thought about Link.

So, I guess we have 3 areas to think about:

ZONING

* On the ground
* In the air
* Off-stage

SPACING

* Extreme long distance
* Long distance
* Medium distance
* Short distance

KILLING

* Killing power
* Gimping potential

BTW, I borrowed these elements from Draggz.

Anyways, I am most curious about the thunder/jolt/gimp game/dsmash.
With the Dsmash, does any of Link's moves out prioritize or out range it?

neji32

Smash Lord
On The Ground- Pikachu can juggle link and lead it into Usmash. He can also CG link to around 40%. His moves are slowler. Link also has better range than pikachu, but pikachu in general is faster than link and really can punish link with the use of grabs and QAC. This isnt where pikachu shines but isnt bad for him either. Above Average

In the Air- Pikchus aerials are fast and better than links. He can combo link in the air with the use of Nairs and Uairs. He can also make good work of QAC> thunder and keep him in the air longer with Bair which could be QAC into more aerials. Link will definatly have problems against pikachu in the air. Amazing

Off the Stage- Theres really no need to go into great detail. Links recovery is terrible, thunder walls, Tjolts or Nairs will usually gimp link. Amazing

Long Distance- Pikachus Tjolt camp can bait link to move in a little and QAC can make Quick work of moveing close to link. None of links projectiles can hit you from this distance except a full charged arrow
Average

Medium- Pikachu will have some problems with lnk here because links projectiles can all hit you. Though your Tjolts can stop them and you can constantly spam him. Average

Short Distance- ............(refer to on ground)

Killing power- Pikachu will have no problem landing a smash to kill link. Link isnt extreamly heavy. Fsmash should be able to kill him around 130%. Usmash will kill him pretty early and his weight can cause a good chance of him going straight up for the Thunder. Amaving

Gimping power- LMAO. Links recover is terrible. Pikachu can gimp him with thunder, nair, dair, Tjolt or just taking the ledge alot of the time. Amazing

Just Smash stick out of Dsmash like everyone else. C-stick and Analog stick up fast. You should be able to get out of it easily. >_> its annoying

To be continued, in school

neji32

Smash Lord
no.....lol thats got a lot of priority, i could guess that if a pika timed it right they could probably exchange hits. But thats stupid and probably unlikly

Top Bottom