• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i hate all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
WTF happed while I was gone? 8 locked threads and cat and Boxob are banned. Then mods apprear!

??????

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Well, basically the Sonic Boards were being spammy, as they have been for the last few months. Except today, two particular members, who will probably be lurking this in their new accounts, decided to revive about 100000 old threads.
I had had enough...
So apparently, Tenki and I both went on a massive reporting spree, which also involved PM'ing mods. Long story short, bans occured, stickies were made as well as new accounts. Apparently Boxob said he won't spam anymore, and is not posting indefinitely, hopefully at least until his old account comes back online.

P.S. Thanks to the excessive spam, memphis and teh umby both have left the Sonic boards, seemingly permanently.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200737

There is a bit of an outline lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Can't we bring them back? It finally looks like that a chance at Rebirth has come. Now that it looks like we're starting anew, won't they come back?

I'll do whatever it takes, if it means I take my leave (because I believe I'm one of the scrubby players) so that they return, so be it. I'm more concerned about Sonic's advancement.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I think memphis might be gone for good. I told him that they have stopped spamming and posting in general but I think his hate for this place runs a bit deeper now. I wouldn't suggest you leave though Kinzer, you do post pretty well and right now, in this time of change (sounds funny lol), we need to show we can run a normal board, or we might fall back into old patterns.
As for teh_umby...I'm not sure, I haven't contacted him yet..

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's a shame though, I don't want to lose good people. Sonic is in a bad place as it is, this time now is giving us new opportunities, but this will take so much work, and just because two people are banned won't change things. It especially won't stop the occasional newbies coming here and posting threads about the same stuff over and over again. What are we going to about that...or better yet, what are we going to do...?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I really want to revive some of the useful threads that got lost in the spam. They are ones I think are pretty useful at the moment/have potential.

I'll list them here:

The Sonic 'Self improvement' thread by Chis - I think that this is a great thread. It should probably serve as our Q & A thread, as it seems to be a place where anyone can query things that will help thier Sonic improve.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Matchup Discussion by Greenstreet - I am fully aware that I might need to revive this thread for the sake of the board..

Up-10.04 Matching Your Sonic Game to your opponent's play style by dNess
- I like this one, its very informative

Sonic pop quiz/follow-up discussion! by Tenki - this is a fantastic concept which if updated more regularly, would b awesome.

Side-B and Down-B Mechanics: EXPLAINED + moar by Tenki
- this should always be on the front page - sticky?

Blue Blur Cinemas by Teh Umby - there should always be a vid thread on the front page. lol

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
rofl @ the sonic boards.

seriously, taco cat? the dog in the sombrero?

anyway, the thing with Lucas needs to be revived. I had an interesting friendly against a Lucas, and it wasn't as pretty as I expected it to be. He's a whole lot harder to gimp than his cuzzin. (although his cuzzin ain't too easy to gimp anymore anyway, and that's the least of the problems.)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Anyway it's going to take a lot of work to revive the Sonic boards the right way...although for the moment, it would probably be better to be optimistic and wait this out. I'm sure things will slowly get better.

Yes slowly, not everything can be rushed with Super Sonic Speed...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Thats true. I kinda feel like I am forcing it a bit. Hopefull it will fix itself. But if you guys want to check out my last post on page 1, and help me think of other ideas to get it back and running, that would be awesome!!

Heck: here it is for the new page.

I really want to revive some of the useful threads that got lost in the spam. They are ones I think are pretty useful at the moment/have potential.

I'll list them here:

The Sonic 'Self improvement' thread by Chis - I think that this is a great thread. It should probably serve as our Q & A thread, as it seems to be a place where anyone can query things that will help thier Sonic improve.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Matchup Discussion by Greenstreet - I am fully aware that I might need to revive this thread for the sake of the board..

Up-10.04 Matching Your Sonic Game to your opponent's play style by dNess
- I like this one, its very informative

Sonic pop quiz/follow-up discussion! by Tenki - this is a fantastic concept which if updated more regularly, would b awesome.

Side-B and Down-B Mechanics: EXPLAINED + moar by Tenki
- this should always be on the front page - sticky?

Blue Blur Cinemas by Teh Umby - there should always be a vid thread on the front page. lol could some1 see if teh umby is ever gonna come back?

anymore ideas while we are brainstorming? i dont want to feel like a dictator or anything so can anyone else help out?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
First things first, we have to bring back the good threads out from the spam; I'm sure Tenki has a few guides that for some reason I can't find and with time I would like to read.

Next would also need to be a little bit more strict from now on, we can't let this happen again now that we are capable of being a serious board as well (as you said, a laugh here and there won't hurt anybody but yeah...).

Next get things going faster. For example Green, if you are willing to keep the Sonic-Match-up guide updated, I will be with you through every advantage/disadvantage. I feel knowledgable enoguh of Sonic to work through all the characters.

One last thing that would ensure serenity to these boards is that we get some stuff stickied and updated, again with up-to-date information we will be able to work best with that. Even if Sonic's Metagame were to take a halt, We still have to make these boards better for those who want to pick up Sonic as a Main or a strong secondary. If we can get ROOOY! to continue the moveset discussion, that would be great. And what about a stage discussion, I could've sworn i've seen that somewhere here on the boards but it got lost in all teh spam, as well as a Sonic Finder.

We have everything we need to take it to the next level, we just need to find out how this Steak is grilled and keep it Fresh.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yes! That Moveset discussion was great. I did think we had a stage discussion at one point. Maybe its poster died...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Greenstreet, if being bold and being like a "leader" is what it's going to take to ressurect this cemetery, then it's up to you to decide wather you want to take up upon that responsibility or not. As far as I can do, all I can do is support whatever somebody who fills this leader spot does.

I believe Terios had some kind of stage discussion thing, however if this is lost, I'll be willing to duplicate a thread, and follow the example of Ussi on the Ike boards, he writes up a formal paragraph for each stage he discusses, which will be better than what Terios essentially had with just saying what to ban and what not to ban, and who to play/not play on what stages. I'm going to go check this out and see if this is necessary though, as a stage-discussion thread seems like a big job, but I'm willing to take up upon it be it deemed necessary.

Also how do you get a thread stickied?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I'll go PM a mod now.. KirbyKing has been talkative lately lol.
Do we know what we want there?

I think my matchup discussion...the side b and down b explained (its a sonic staple)?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Any guides that are really well-done, and what I had mentioned, like character finders/match-ups/stage discussions.

Really, anything that is already sticked is kind of a privelige, but all a character board really needs is the two. The Finder is just kind of a locator for people who want to fight people who main/second Sonic in their area or want to do Wi-Fi battles.

Also Camal had something going, however for whatever reason he discontinued it, and I can probably start my own Sonic-specific Stage discussion sometime 12 hours from now without much interference. (because I shouldn't even be up this late.)

Really, go look at the Ike board stickies/good threads, other than ComboKings sticky/the occasional stupid threads, it's actually a good referential. Especially YagamiLight's Ike matchup thread and Ussi's Ike Stage discussion. Hell, I even have my own Ike locator over there that got popular on the first day.

*And so, the Sonic board go onward towards redemption.*

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah cool. I'll try and contact one of 'em.
I am updating my matchup thread now. starting with the first character i havent completed which is marth. Itll b updated by tonight i spose.
Yay for all :036: lets continue this discussion in the Sonic chat room, as this thread is one we want gone lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Do what you have to do Greenstreet, I'll start checking it out as well now that I have a reason to.

Good luck you guys. I haven't been around long, but there is plenty of spam on this board. Sonic deserves more respect then that.

I think I speak for just about all of us when I say keep it up. You guys rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom