• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bye, Dallas (close me)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
At the end of May I'm leaving Dallas. I'll be spending June and July in San Antonio, and then I'm off to Minnesota for grad school. If it makes you incredibly sad that you may never see me again, come hang out with me this Saturday.

Phase 3 Clubhouse
2200 Waterview Parkway
Richardson, TX 75080

May 29, Saturday
6 pm

Bring a setup if you can, and maybe we can have one of my old-fashioned random teams/characters with items tournaments. The winning team will get cake.

At least one TV will be dedicated to pokebombs nonsense, for my own enjoyment at least. Come even if you don't care about smash anymore. Come for the love.

I guess I get to use this map one last time:

dmac

Smash Champion
why did the mods close the other melee thread? its much easier for me to lurk a melee only thread.....

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I dunno, but I'm mad as a pig in diapers.

today's International Talk Like Sarah Palin Day

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I closed the last one because Poot asked me to since whoever made the topic quit smash and he wanted to make the new one and keep the first post updated.

Then he never made a new one. So I see Bluezaft is now picking up his slack, good job.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oklahoma will be coming to this.

We might have, about, 8+ people interested at most. Definitely 4-5. And we'll be sure to leave y'all broke as well.

Jesi

Smash Ace
aaarg I'm regretting my decision hah I could have come I just thought I had too much to do. Oh wells, maybe see you all next weekend? been a while... ttys! :D Glad this thread is back open. Its so strange to see the KC thread and how meleeesque it is and then come into the dallas thread on here and see how brawl it is. Glad this one is open againnnnn :D

see ya around guys!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll try to come to this nameless, dateless event if there's a Dallas vs. Oklahoma crew battle :)

I may even practice for it lol

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
There will be a tournament at Prince Bistro (KirbyKid's restaurant) on December 13th.

It will be melee only.

I'll post more details up when I get home from work tonight.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Darn! Most intense. Vitality for the melee scene.

Jesi, Blue, and other melee enthusiasts: Lemme know when yall are down for play. Brawl 2.0 and Smash 64 have made me hungry for some good melee

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Darn! Most intense. Vitality for the melee scene.

Jesi, Blue, and other melee enthusiasts: Lemme know when yall are down for play. Brawl 2.0 and Smash 64 have made me hungry for some good melee
I'm free after around 8 tonight.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I gotta figure out when OU kids (like 90% of OK) has exams so don't schedule **** just to give y'all an easier time.

TX is gonna get embarassed.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
dammit...
i'll be in CT until like the 17th or 18th.
you won't get to see a full OK crew :\
i was really looking forward to taking out 2 or 3 people. oh well.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I gotta figure out when OU kids (like 90% of OK) has exams so don't schedule **** just to give y'all an easier time.

TX is gonna get embarassed.
I could possibly do this 2 weeks earlier or later, but I didn't think either of those dates would work out.

If not it'd have to be well into January most likely. But yeah if you have date issues bring them up ASAP and I'll see what I can do.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
lmfao why is ok so cocky...

also drew, aren't the pbt tournies supposed to be weekly brawl tournies, you should make them alternate every week between brawl and melee. that way ok can get pwned whenever they want... and we can encourage participation for both scenes, maybe get some brizawlers to try out meleeeeeeeeee

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
pbt brawl is every other week, so we're putting pbt melee on one of the off weeks for brawl. That's why I can't change the date a week earlier or later.

If people are willing to get bi-weeklies going for Melee on the off weeks for Brawl (and Kirbykid is cool with it) then feel free. I just want to do a crew battle cause I didn't get to do that many in melee and they're fun :).

Plus giving a definite date is nice so OK can't keep saying "Oh we'll just come to a later one when we have money/don't have exams/more johns forever and ever".

Zinth said you silly Oklahoma kids would be cool with the date btw >_>.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Finals for OU seems to be 15th-19th.

Also, as much as I'd like to see biweeklies, I don't think it would really take off. Trying to organize the Dallas melee scene is like herding cats.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
So with this lack of response I'm going to have to assume that Oklahoma Melee is comparable to a bunch of scared little girls, ignoring my challenge and hoping it goes away.

I edited the title to hopefully attract their attention.

If there's something wrong with the date get back to me ASAP. If there's nothing wrong with the date get back to me ASAP anyways with your yes/no response to your participation in this event :).

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Not scared, just forgot :p

Everyone wants to go, just had a smashfest, 100% of the people that play Melee are ready to go.

The only thing is, that week is exam week, and I know I need to study for finals. If it's the week before or after, I can guarantee attendance.

And we're only cocky cause we know we're better.

CREW BATTLES?!? lol OK <3 Dallas If you guys can hold these regularly than I'll try to make it a point to regularly get guys down there.

But I need to remember to check threads around the SW forum. <_< I kinda just check two and forget the rest.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
rawwrrr

Thanks for putting this **** up guys btw. OK doesn't have near the organization or the experience to do these sort of things regularly, so it's cool that we've got a neighbor willing to. HOLLA @ us more often.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Have it on the 6th. Is it really that important for the restaurant to have exactly alternating weeks for Brawl? They can do Nov 22 and 29, and then Dec 13.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, to appease the Oklahomans, the date has been changed to December 6th, I also updated the times to starting the crew battle at 12 and the singles event at 1. If this is too early for everyone let me know. And when I say starting at 1 I mean at 1, not starting registration at 1 or waiting another hour to start everything. I mean the first matches are called at 1.

I also updated the first post with suggested crew rules and equipment. So if you're coming let me know what you'll bring and I can add it up there. I guess I can get an attendance list going as well.

BTW this is an example of the kind of double post that doesn't get modded. It's several hours after the last one so it bumps the topic, and adds lots of new and important information to the topic :)

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
So are we doing crews for money or not?

Also Bluezaft is going to be the Dallas captain I think, you guys should designate a captain and contact him to figure out the details of the crew match.

Jesi

Smash Ace
It's been too long. Is anyone having smash tonight? I've been getting ***** at school, but I finally have a small amount of free time ...and I'd love to spend it smashin' :p

let me knowww

peace,

Jesi :)

Top Bottom