• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0.0 I just did a Dair>Dsmash as 2 consecutive hits :D

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
THIS IS ESCAPABLE :(
autocancel'd Dair offcourse:)
when facing a captain falcon it works at around 66%

it's really easy to pull off 0.o
I was surprised it worked XD I'm not sure if this is new, but it's new to me

Edit: it does a total of 32% 0.0 wich is just 1% less than an autocancel'd Dair>knee (and the Dair>Knee combo is harder to pull off IMO)

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
this is more useful than your u tilt combo i think
if you connect it could easily knock the opponent off the stage due to d-smash's high knockback leaving your opponent in a more vulnerable position IMO

Zeallyx

this is more useful than your u tilt combo i think
if you connect it could easily knock the opponent off the stage due to d-smash's high knockback leaving your opponent in a more vulnerable position IMO
yes you are right:)
but if we find even more combo's it depends on the opponents percentage wich one you can pull off at what times :D (we can already do combo's at certain percents, so maybe falcon will get a little better, although Dair isn't easy to land on a good opponent, but with it comboing into Dsmash/Utilt/Uair and even the knee it is sure worth a try in a real match :D) it just depends how many damage the opponent has, like:
low percents: Dair>up B
little higher percents: Dair>Nair (wich is 3 consecutive hits, this is alot for brawl XD)
higher percents: Dair>Dair or Dair:Dsmash or Dair Utilt
high percents: Dair>Uair/Knee/Bair

something like this :D (this is just an estimation but the combo's all work I think :D)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
umm I don't think you should go and say that it's a combo right away, I did Dair to Usmash once and training said it was consecutive hits, but on humans it's airdodgeable and could be DI away

Zeallyx

umm I don't think you should go and say that it's a combo right away, I did Dair to Usmash once and training said it was consecutive hits, but on humans it's airdodgeable and could be DI away
ok :) I'll test it on a human player soon
like tommorrow :D

Alopex

Smash Ace
IIRC, you can't DI from the Dair. That's what makes the Dair>Fair combo possible in the first place. All you can do is airdodge right away. Once the airdodge is done, then you can do whatever. The trickiness of the Dair>Fair lies in timing the Fair with the end of the airdodge. I think it would be the same in this case.

Zeallyx

IIRC, you can't DI from the Dair. That's what makes the Dair>Fair combo possible in the first place. All you can do is airdodge right away. Once the airdodge is done, then you can do whatever. The trickiness of the Dair>Fair lies in timing the Fair with the end of the airdodge. I think it would be the same in this case.
it is possible to Dair>Fair someone without them beeing able to escape/airdodge
I think/hope that is also the case with this one

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
I did an AC d-air>grab to a MK at 0% once

btw can you use an AC d-air as an approach like in melee? :confused:

Zeallyx

you can, is it effective, because I don't hear or see anybody using it?
yes it is effective only it has a small hitbox (and if these combo's are all inescapable, I think they are but they need more testing, then it will be very effective)
:/ maybe it is undersused too, like up b :p

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
yes it is effective only it has a small hitbox (and if these combo's are all inescapable, I think they are but they need more testing, then it will be very effective)
:/ maybe it is undersused too, like up b :p
wow so if this works then we discovered falcons priority :dizzy:

Mit

Smash Ace
Not a very good approach IMO, because of that tiny hitbox. Plus it's usually painfully obvious what you're doing. It isn't a high priority move either, so people could just hit you with something really hard while you're doing it (like a Mario fsmash).

I'm thinking these dair combos will be more useful for punishing, especially with Falcon's speed.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you sir are revolutionizing the captain falcon meta game :D

this 2 hit combo is godly. /sarcasm

Top Bottom