• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's Worst Matchup

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=o

I'll answer your question here but if you have future questions of this sort, please consult our Pikachu Match-up thread located here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174335

Pikachu is a very versatile character that can be played to adapt to any opponent, but there are 3 characters that Pikachu will always struggle against if the opponent is experienced.
Those 3 are Meta Knight (*sighs*), G&W, and Marth.
They are surely the toughest 3 to adapt to and do well against because they easily out-prioritize Pikachu in virtually every situation.

neji32

Smash Lord
Mr GAY and WATCH!!

yea, that would be pikas worst match up.

Being able to do any of his 3 smashes when pikas at 70% to kill him and being able to absorb all of pikas projectiles..........one stupid character

5ive

Smash Champion
Hi KingK :D.

Personally, I hate Lucas and Diddy's, but that's just me.
With Lucas, he eliminates usage of jolt, and with Diddy, I ALWAYS ****ing trip : (

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Hi KingK :D.

Personally, I hate Lucas and Diddy's, but that's just me.
With Lucas, he eliminates usage of jolt, and with Diddy, I ALWAYS ****ing trip : (
I already mentioned that Pikachu is versatile and can adapt well. He can certainly adapt to fight on par with an experienced Lucas or Diddy. Lucas and Diddy do not often out-prioritize Pikachu, except for Lucas with his Side-B and Diddy with his Bananas.
After playing those 2 characters for a while you learn to get around such projectiles and pwn them. At least for me anyway.
But no matter how much experience you have, a good Marth/G&W/Meta Knight are always tough.

K 2

Smash Lord
Mr GAY and WATCH!!

yea, that would be pikas worst match up.

Being able to do any of his 3 smashes when pikas at 70% to kill him and being able to absorb all of pikas projectiles..........one stupid character
G&W pwns. I use him to cover all of pika's bad matchups.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
I used to beat voxx's G&W with pikachu but he doesnt play brawl anymore
in lowest terms i would say G&W and marth due to priority and range MK is a very close 3rd
my worst matchups w/pika are snake and surprisingly samus (yeah i know)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
MK, G&W, Marth, those are the obvious Pikachu counters.

G&W in particular, I don't think you can use Thunder Jolt while he's edgecamping because he can drop down with a Bucket and collect it.

I'm pretty sure Lucario does pretty good vs Pikachu. He can camp back. He has more range. Pikachu is rather poor at scoring KOs, and this means he gets to exploit Aura a good amount of time.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've had an easy time against lucario with pika, but that's me. G&W isn't hard for m, Marth is a *****... I'll stay Ike for Marth. MK... >_> a faster non gimpable Marth with WINGS

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Ussi I asked you for a friendly match @ Play n Trade and you declined...

(sadface)

::on topic::

I would say mk and gw.

After a while you get used to his movement but it's not an easy matchup

And mk... is mk.

mk reminds me of that stupid create-a-player character that your friends have in sports game. You know the one with all stats at 100 (or 99)

gallax

Smash Hero
i conducted a worst matchup study once upon a time and the hardest were as follwed.

1.) Meta Knight
2.) Marth
3.) ROB

That was the final after a long time of deliberation. Lucas and GaW were mentioned but they are not the toughest since any good pika player does not need a projectile to win. The others are hard to to spacing issues and MK being just plain stupid.

gallax

Smash Hero
r u serious? read my matchup guide dude. watch the vid i posted. its anther facing rob, one of his best matchups. ROB is super tough. his tilits. his dsmash. ability to control tempo with 2 steady projectiles. amazing recovery and a heavy character. its tough.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ussi I asked you for a friendly match @ Play n Trade and you declined...

(sadface)

::on topic::

I would say mk and gw.

After a while you get used to his movement but it's not an easy matchup

And mk... is mk.

mk reminds me of that stupid create-a-player character that your friends have in sports game. You know the one with all stats at 100 (or 99)
>_> friendlies weren't aloud so I played only 3 friendlies in all or such, hopefully the next NYC tourney I go to with you there we'll play. You sure it was me? I never got asked and I went only Ike

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
~_~ I hated my pool matches, I was soo ****ing annoyed. I hate 1 round battles.

Maybe I didn't notice you sorry. Well off to class now

Pancake_Ninja

Smash Rookie
Capt. Falcon is pikachu's worst nightmare. Once you use thunder prepare for falcon punch, kick, dive, raptor boost

M15t3R E

Smash Master
perhaps consider rewording, Ike, Link, TL, and Pit(?) follow under that ;0
Those are the characters that all have fairly good range. I have trouble with those characters too, except for Ike because he's just so sluggish. You forgot Marth, though, which is probably tougher than all the ones you did mention.

Capt. Falcon is pikachu's worst nightmare. Once you use thunder prepare for falcon punch, kick, dive, raptor boost
C. Falcon? Really? He's one of the worst characters. I do like playing as him for fun every now and then, but really he poses no big threat to anyone.
Pikachu has more priority than C. Falcon everywhere and timing thunder so that you can't get punished for it is just too easy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Pancake_Ninja - Pika chain grabs Falcon to some high percent. Falcon's worst match up I believe.

@Mister_E - ~_~ I always get mad when people just say Ike is too slow...

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
Those are the characters that all have fairly good range. I have trouble with those characters too, except for Ike because he's just so sluggish. You forgot Marth, though, which is probably tougher than all the ones you did mention.
I actually have more trouble with Pit than with Marth, but I admit I've never fought a good Pit or Marth with Pikachu.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I hate Olimar 'cause he can throw his pikmin just as fast as I can jolt him. Then when I try to hit him he just f-smashes and I can't get inside his range. or maybe I'm just bad at Olimars -_-

Veng

Smash Ace
Olimar? T jolt is pressure your obviously not going for damage as he is.

So T jolt, it goes through pikmin right? because pikmin are higher? anyways if it does then approach off of that and go for a grab or stop and spot dodge his attack then smash attack him.

Also another way to do that would be to crawl up then dtilt, great range and knockback.

Marth on the other hand, shoot me now. Someone remind me how in the heck i beat mikeHaze;s marth with pika?

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
Olimar? T jolt is pressure your obviously not going for damage as he is.

So T jolt, it goes through pikmin right? because pikmin are higher? anyways if it does then approach off of that and go for a grab or stop and spot dodge his attack then smash attack him.
I do that. It doesn't work. His pikmin travel in an arc and block the T-jolt. If his pikmin misses the T-jolt, then they still slow my approach. And if I try to jump over the pikmin and approach from the air, Olimar just shields my T-jolt and then does a usmash. The only thing I can do is hope I out-time him or try getting behind him with QA . . .

Also another way to do that would be to crawl up then dtilt, great range and knockback.
I'll try this:)

Top Bottom