• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bill Bill Bill & Lord Karnbro Present: Be a bro 11/15 *update

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Ok everyone here is the info about the 4th Bi-weekly. We have space for around 8-10 setups, last time we had 7 running. Just like last time we will be running Brawl, Melee, and N64, if there is time and interest we may run crews. Adventure in wronderbroland was amazing/incredible/sh**y(still lol at BEHR) lets make this one even better. We can house people if anyone needs it. Post below please if you plan to bring a setup.

One more thing: Melee doubles and singles will start at 12:00 if you are late then you don't get to enter, sorry. Both times the tournament has run later than we planned and I won't let it run too much later this time because some of the entrants have other places to be/parents who want them back. Brawl doubles (the actual tournament, not just registration) are planned to start at 3:00 at the earliest. Registration will open at 11:00 with Melee. There is a chance, depending on the number of entrants that Brawl will start later than 3:00 but if we start at 3:00 as planned and your not there you will not be allowed to enter so it's best not to risk it. The one possible exception is if you call me. If you are running late and you call me I may be able to hold the tournament for a little bit or at least hold your matches. My number is (980) 254-6422.

Date/Schedule

Saturday, November 15th
11:00 Registration for Melee, Brawl & N64 will open
12:00 Melee doubles and singles will start
3:00 Brawl doubles will start
5:30 Brawl singles will start

N64 will start at some point which will be defined later

Address

425 Hillsborough St, apartment 6c
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Rules

Melee: Pound Rules

Brawl: CH4 rules except for legal stages which is listed below.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brintar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet (we are still testing this one)
Pictochat

Hanenbow is legal as counter pick for teams

The Dedede Rule: If either player plays as Dedede during any match any stage with constant walk-offs or walls (ex. Distant Planet) the stage will be banned automatically for that match and does not need to be chosen as the banned stage. If one of the walled/walk off stages is selected as a counterpick, and the other player switches to Dedede, the counterpicker has the opportunity to repick a new level. If the level is repicked, the other player has a chance to repick a character.
For the time being this rule only applies to Distant Planet, if we decide to allow it. Whether we allow it or not is still up in the air. If we do not allow Distant Planet this rule will not be necessary.

N64: Standard Rule set (let me know if you are unfamiliar with it)

Neutral:
All stages

Ness rule: If either player plays as Ness during any match Saffron City will be banned automatically for that match and does not need to be chosen as the banned stage.

Price
All singles events will be $5 entry fee.
All doubles events will be $10 entry fee per team.

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot

------------
p.s. lol at Gimpy for giving me an infraction. He is definitely not a bro.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
11/15 is rampage far away. I suggest some of you come to the 10/30 GE tourney. No door fee if you wear a halloween costume!

I should be there on the 15th. I'm trying to get prepped and ready, because I still 70% plan to go to C3 on the 22nd,

Vilt

Smash Lord
Yes! Be a bro! I will be at this son. Thank god it's on the 15th. If it was any other weekend I would have had to miss this. Boro gonna represent son!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
15th? This shizzz keeps changin lol.

I dunno if I can go yet DH, I probably can though. doubt I can pick ya up though bro. We'll see what happens.

Why can't Karn or someone get you again?

BEHR

Smash Hero
A MILI!!!

G-Bro me and Mask are going to tear it up.

((LOL G-Bro))

Vilt

Smash Lord
Aw man. Never mind then. I like brawl and all but i can't play more than 5 bucks for it. thats why i like billfests

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol wtf @me having no room last time I took Hickory lol. I'm being granted a huge favor by my parents to go to these. Maybe I can get something worked out once I find out whether Ali is going or not.

Rag-we're playing. I need DK experience!!!! Also, I need to play someone that epically spiked Ali like that.

Sorry DH. I hope there is some other way you can go so that everyone will be there.

Can anyone else pick Dark Hart up?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Anyone want to give me a ride to C3? If you give me a ride you can stay at Chu's with me.
If I do end up going, I'll be caravaning it with quite a few people. I wouldn't mind driving you as well, you'd just need to do the 2 hour-ish drive to my house. We would need housing too, so if you could help us with that, it'd be pretty awesome.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Ali: Nah man, if anything, I get to ride your Sn-nevermind.

I'd pick up the guy in your sig if I passed him on the road. Unlike the hoes that the Kids tried to get me to pick up.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Peepee I'm going to start planning some epic **** to do to you. This should be fun.

Edit: wow while I was typing that up in quick reply Peepee's post starting with lol was the last one and then by the time I was done typing there were 3 more before mine got up.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Gooood shiz man. Sounds like it'll be mad fun. I wanna spike you too ya know. I hear this matchup could even be a little in DK's favor, which is all the more reason I need to experience it myself!

How long could you stick around after the tourney man?

Haha, NC is too good like that.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I usually end up leaving Bill's around 10 or 11 depending on if the crew wants to leave or not. It's almost a 2 hour drive depending on how persuasive the speed limit signs are.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's a pretty long way bro. I can't even think about leaving though cuz I'm 3.5 hours from this lol. I gotta crash somewhere overnight.

10 or 11 huh? Tourney is either finishing or almost finished around then...I'll have to play you in between my matches or something. How does that sound man?

lord karn

Smash Master
If I do end up going, I'll be caravaning it with quite a few people. I wouldn't mind driving you as well, you'd just need to do the 2 hour-ish drive to my house. We would need housing too, so if you could help us with that, it'd be pretty awesome.
I might take you up on this. I'm supposed to be staying at Chu's, but he is charging a $5 housing fee I think. I would be willing to help with this and gas. However, I might be able to find a closer ride or maybe bill wants to go.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
What time are you getting there Peepee. I usually aim for around noon, but that somehow usually manages to fall through. I'm probably going to the gamers edge weekly on the 30th which is a lot closer to you than Chapel Hill. You should try to go to that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Gamers edge huh? That weekly thing doesn't usually work for me due to it being on a dang Thursday, but who knows? Soccer season ended today, so I may wind up with plenty of time to go there.

I'll probably get there around 12 (optimistically). It all depends on (lol here we go!): When I get up, if Twitch wakes me up in time, how long Gboro takes if/when I go see them on the way, and if I pick up anyone else on the way.

I'll do my best lol. I have pre-emptive johns though. Those are the best.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Team West Coast might be able to tear it up this time, or so I hear.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ph00t the bag!! Wassup man!

West Coast lawls.

How's the ZSS?

I hear you've been righting stupidty everywhere. Why is your west coast energy so resilient?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
charging for housing is a little bit ****ty, imho, but that's beside the point.

I am still on the fence for C3, but if the money is available, I'll more than likely do it. As for this Bill, I'll most definitely be there. And yeah, some more of you should come to the GE weeklies. It's not sooo far away.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Crio I'd probably go to them pretty often if it wasn't a 2 and a half hour drive on a thursday afternoon. The 30th will be my first one because I don't have school on Halloween.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I am? Cool...

I love you ali, you're a big Snake that blows stuff up and breakdances. Awesome.....err, no homo lol.

Awesome Crio! We gotta play man!

I'll try to make a GE tourney sometime soon, but no guarantees when...and probably not tomorrow lol.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The ZSS wants to be let out of the cellar. I really should. If I leave her in there too long, she gets damp.

My West Coast power has recently been revitalized by wiping the floor with my Drunken Samus in N64 Smash Tuesday night. It glows as bright as ever.

How 'bout you? Still eating n00bs like me for breakfast?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Damp and wet are different. Wet is sexy, damp is, or will be moldy. That's not attractice unless you're into that lower-life form stuff.

Practice up man, should be fun!

I got lucky in our match P.Bag, about 100 times or so. Other than that you were ****** me.

lord karn

Smash Master
charging for housing is a little bit ****ty, imho, but that's beside the point.

I am still on the fence for C3, but if the money is available, I'll more than likely do it. As for this Bill, I'll most definitely be there. And yeah, some more of you should come to the GE weeklies. It's not sooo far away.
I can't come because I have class on Thursday until 6:15 and then I have class on Friday mornings.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Getting ZSS wet isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Wet is good. I get her wet by landing dsmash. But when she's damp she gets moldy, and that makes her angry. So she's basically angry and stinky. I'd bathe her, but she'd probably beat me up for getting her damp.

Top Bottom