• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up discussion #34: Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
... What else is there to say? If you aren't blind just avoid his attacks as you see them coming. If you are blind, then wtf are you doing playing videogames? I don't think we need to do the rest of the characters, to be honest they all have bad matchups and few know enough about the matchups to really contribute with specifics. Just make the last few characters' threads like this one, as of now there's not much to discuss...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
80:20 seems about right.

This topic is now about Falcon (to get the last one)

Discuss

Mmac

Smash Lord
FYI, Good Ganondorfs are Surprisingly Hard. You should play some notable Ganondorfs before coming to a conclusion.

It's most likely in your favour, but I doubt it's that high....

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I remember somebody on the Ganondorf boards saying it's a "perfectly 100:0 advantage for Wolf". -_-
Koskinator played Wolf and plays Ganon now and he also says, that Wolf is one of his worst matchup's.

You can go into this match-up frame by frame....Ganon just can't win this unless the Wolf player is seriously ********

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Really didnt know that. Never fought a good falcon before so I dunno much about it. Well if you say 60:40 then Ill go with that. Almost every falcon ive fought in the past I crushed real easily they probably just stunk really bad tho.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Falcon is harder to deal with than Ganon, 'cuz he's more mobile. Wolf doesn't even notcie the fact, that Ganon has better priority than Falcon, since Wolfs priority beats both...

Falcon is harder to outcamp and Shine counters are generally easier to land on Ganon

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
He ties you in air speed, and dair to knee is an actual combo on certain %s (even though I've never seen it used in a real match). Honestly it's not as ridiculous of an advantage for wolf as some might think, but maybe that's just because so few people know how to play against a truly good falcon.

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
Wolf easily trounces both Falcon and Ganondorf, and he clearly takes the edge in both matches. Here's my input on the severity, for what it's worth:

Capt. Falcon: His shortcomings are well-documented to the point that I shouldn't need to repeat them. That being said, Falcon can occasionally pose a threat, but not very often. Blaster and Reflector interrupt just about everything he has.

The only area where Falcon might not suck as badly as normal is in the air...his upwards aerial pokes Wolf at his "blind spot", and Falcon Dive isn't as horrible as most of his moves.

I'd call it 65:35 Wolf.

Ganondorf: He's clearly slower than Falcon (and Wolf), and his attacks are very slow to come out. With that said, Wolf can't afford to let Ganondorf hit him too often...he can finish at 30%, but that number's likely closer to 80% (four hits). The "Thunderstorm" (short-hopped downwards aerials) can be nasty...Ganondorf probably has a narrow aerial advantage over Wolf, but Wolf carves him up on the ground.

Approaching Ganondorf, though, can go badly. His tilts and smashes have mostly ending lag, and they hurt badly.

It's safe to treat him like a slower Falcon, though, and the counter-strategies are largely the same.
It's probably 75:25 or 80:20 Wolf...I'm leaning towards the former.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Falcon has no match-up that's in his favour but that doesn't mean he has a 0:100 vs everybody.
If you count all numbers together his match-up's may be even better than Ganons...

Ganon is easier to gimp than Falcon btw, that's another difference in the match-up

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
@jehonaker

I agree with you about the 65:35 falcon thing. Thats probably about right.

Now you said something about approaching gannondorf being hard, well the thing is we dont need to approach him. The blaster does a really good job of forcing gannon on the offensive.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
lol at 80:20. Ganon doesn't have ending lag, btw. If he's trying to kill you he can throw out like 3 different moves in 2 seconds, all of which would destroy you. He can kill you at 40%. He can gimp you twice as easily as you gimp him(tipper uair is a monster vs wolf). His only concern, really, is your blaster. He can punish your bair with several options, and he can punish the Dsmash oh so violently. If he thunderstomps and you throw out jabs, a d smash, f smash, or try to grab, you will get hit while you will hit nothing but air. Close range, he will probably beat you. His aerials beat yours as well. Your advantage is your aerial agility which will allow you to abuse bair. Plus, if he wants to gimp you, F tilt will send you very low off of the stage. He can also plank like a mother****er. Don't underestimate Ganon. I'd say he's harder to face than Falcon.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'll money match any ganondorf in the world for any amount Darknid. It's def. a huge advantage over wolf

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Wolf definately has a huge advantage over ganondorf... We have a better air game, ground game, camp game, recovery and yeah. Ganondorf has like nothing over wolf except for his extreme mightand well... that's about it. Ok well ganondorf has stronger moves than wolf and he's a lot heavier, other than that wolf has an advantage almost everywhere.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol at 80:20. Ganon doesn't have ending lag, btw. If he's trying to kill you he can throw out like 3 different moves in 2 seconds, all of which would destroy you. He can kill you at 40%. He can gimp you twice as easily as you gimp him(tipper uair is a monster vs wolf). His only concern, really, is your blaster. He can punish your bair with several options, and he can punish the Dsmash oh so violently. If he thunderstomps and you throw out jabs, a d smash, f smash, or try to grab, you will get hit while you will hit nothing but air. Close range, he will probably beat you. His aerials beat yours as well. Your advantage is your aerial agility which will allow you to abuse bair. Plus, if he wants to gimp you, F tilt will send you very low off of the stage. He can also plank like a mother****er. Don't underestimate Ganon. I'd say he's harder to face than Falcon.
That's nice, you've convinced me that it's only 70:30. Have fun hitting wolf.

:059:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I might be bumping a very old thread right now, but this guy just made the most ridiculous post ever, I couldn't help but to post.

Daffy

Smash Rookie
I actually just beat a wolf player witha ganondorf not to long ago. something about timeing my tackles and jabs was doing the trick. Plus he became a little predictable with spaming smashs, too many of you wolf players do that I know wolfs got crazy fast smash but still its get readable. Im sure most of you are better than the wolf player I just faced though.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
i think wolf mmight have an advantage on ganon but everyones charecter is as good as the player can get em to be. the only thing ganon has to his favor is that his attacks are ridiculousely strong but sloww most of them. wolf beats gannon in the match up str8 up but sometimes the ganon can just come on top if he gets alot of hits in which is hard. th only thing i know for a fact is ganon is really strong with his smashs and f-tilt most of his moves kill around 60% if your on the edge

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
It's not as if Ganon can't beat Wolf, it's just one of the hardest matches for Ganon. I honestly see no advantages to Ganon besides the beastly strength. Yes he can kill at low percent, but what are the chances of a Ganon actually hitting a good Wolf? He can be baired straight off the ground, sweetspotted from the ground and gimped oh so easily, He's too big with way too slow movement. My friend is a very good Ganon and he will not play Wolf on Ganon anymore, it's too one sided. It can be done, but it's all on the skill of the player, the character match up has a massive black chasm.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Ganon will have a hard time hitting ANY wolf, unless that wolf is rediculously bad. That being said, all wolf has to do is break ganons attacks and rack some damage.
Although it's not impossible for ganon to win, it's very hard. 75/25 anyone?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
based on versing DLA a few times i realize the ganon matchup is in wolf's favor, but ganon needs like 5 moves and your dead. 70-30 wolf's favor. just lasering hinders ganon a big time.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Another thing, you can wolf flash ganon while being parallel with him. He's big enough so that it hits. That can rack up some damage too.

Genocide24

Smash Rookie
wolf rules and ganondorf sucks. wolf can jsut spam his laser and he will win because of how much ganondorf sucks in brawl but if this was zelda then ganon would win obviously because wolf is not as badass ans ganon

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
You guys are all scrubs, Ganon is obviously top tier.

Also, Arrows, using a flash on Ganondorf would not be smart – well, depending on the situation. If it hits him at low damage he can just punish. Also, missing at all is not an option, cause you'll get rocked by Ganondorf's top tier greatness.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I wish I could infract people for posting like complete idiots :bee:
Come on, it HAD to be said. This thread is getting ridiculous, lock it at will please.
Flash cancel is wonderful, ALWAYS worth it. And against Ganon you should have enough of a lead to throw a stock away, or else you're doing it wrong.
Jk, Ganon is amazing, definitely the most enjoyable character in the game, in every sense of the word.
:059:

Genocide24

Smash Rookie
what is flash cancel? but i gues it doesnt matter becsue ganondorf sucks and i dont know why people call him top tier when the tier list sayas he is the worst chaeracter in brawl

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
what is flash cancel? but i gues it doesnt matter becsue ganondorf sucks and i dont know why people call him top tier when the tier list sayas he is the worst chaeracter in brawl
Definitions of sarcasm on the Web:

* witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of ...
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* It comes from the ancient Greek σαρκάζω (sarkazo) meaning 'to tear flesh' but the ancient Greek word for the rhetorical concept of taunting was instead χλευασμός (chleyasmόs). ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

* A form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis. Saying something that is opposite of what is intended to be meant; An act of sarcasm
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom