• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallax

Smash Hero
Peach

General Discussion

Pika has taken from peach her most valuable move...her dsmash. Pika has gotten better while peach has gotten worse from melee. Overall though, this matchup comes down to the pika player. Peach players don't really change their strategies in fighting. Pika has to in this matchup. If you are going to win as pika then you need to know this matchup very well.

Pika's Advantages

1. Most importantly...SPEED
2. Small size
3. Faster airiels
4. Pika's grab ability

Pika's Disadvantages

1. Total air offense is worse than peach
2. Tjolt is rendered almost inneffective

Strategy for Winning

Manipulation

This matchup will come down to whoever can manipulate their character better. Peach will attack mostly frm the air while pika will mix it up to be less predictable. Peach has a projectile just like we do and has a counter against our thunder. But with a few midgames and tricks and some hardcore fighting we can do this. Overall though, as a character, peach is very floaty and does not fall fast. This is a double edge sword. It builds her game while we can also see it as a weekness since we have a very fast arsenal.

The tjolt

The first and foremost thing I need to talk about is the tjolt. Be assured that is can be canceled with the fair and the ftilt. It can also be floated over. So if you decide to spam tjolt be assured that it is easily countered by peach. But, there is good news. I have watched and studied many videos of this matchup and there is something that I have noticed. If you let peach get close and do a double jump sh tjolt( dj SH tjolt) and condition the peach to this, then you have just opened a plethora of new strategy against peach. You see more than likely the tjolt will be canceled by a fair. Sometimes it will hit, which is always good and what we want. When it is canceled by a fair you still have time to do a FF fair on peach in which you can now get some more damage on peach. If you do not have enough time to do a FF fair, which does happen, then FF to the ground and let the peach come to you fr the air. They will try and hit you with a dair/fair. Just shield at this point when you are on the ground. Peach cannot grab you while you are floating. But...you can still grab them! Now you will have conditioned the peach to try and space you now. What to do next I will talk about later in the section.

I still want to talk about mindgames here with the dj sh tjolt. You see the peach will expect something everytime you do a dj sh in front of them. You can bait them into an attack or just play withtheir mind. When you bait them into a fair, use your fair shortly after. Or you can do a bair. W/e suits your purposes.

Patience

The next thing that this matchup requires is patience. If you go attacking peach without any plan or just plain predictably you will get owned and lose. Peach can be beat only if you have patience.

The grab game

Now the next thing I am going to talk about is the game winner. (Shield) Grabbing What most people fail to realize is that peach's hardly ever grab because they are always in the air. But, as pika, we need to grab more!! You see pika is very small in size and peach has a harder time hitting us with her fair which makes her float closer to the stage than against other characters. Because of this, when peach is trying to use her floating attacks on you the best thing we can do is let her and shield her attacks. Why? Because her attacks cannot get through our shield and we can grab her while she is in the air. If you are reading this I hope you understand the importance of this. WE CAN GRAB HER WHILE SHE IS USING HER DAIR ON US. Learn how to shield grab in this matchup. It will help you with everything.

Peach's Attacks

Now as for peach's attacks. I rarely use peach and rarely fight one. But from what i've read/seen/heard/experienced I will go through some of her best moves. First is her dair/fair. They are her staple to her offense. She can combo out of these and they have very little landing lag. So shen you are shielding her dair and she is n the ground now, do not let go of the shield and try to attack. Keep shielding or spotdodge if you are near the end of your shield life. She will ftilit you out of an aieriel. I guarantee it. This is where knowledge about the matchup comes into play. Grab her or roll away and conduct another form of attack. Her ftilt has range and priority and her airiels have small lag. As for her utilt, she can combo you with it. Smash DI upwards and away from her every time. Never ever DI towards her. As for her grab game, she can combo you with her dthrow I believe. It will go dthtrow>utilt>utilt...depending on percentage and DI.

Peach's Specials

Lets talk about her specials now. First and foremost are her turnips's. Bleh. A good peach player will use these very efficiently. I have bits of advice for this due to limited knowledge but what I know could be helpful. Any good peach will throw a few turnips into the air just whenever they are going defensive or they will just throw them at you. Either way you still have to be aware of the turnips at all times. You can catch them and throw them back at her, wait for them to drop down, or wait for them to disappear. If you can catch them then go ahead and do it. Peach loves her turnips when edgeguarding, which is later on.

As for another speacial that gets irritating(thanks esam for now I use this word) is her counter. She can use it to counter the thunder in the air, a fsmash, anything. This gets frustrating when you try and use it as an edgeguard or as a tech-chase, the thunder that is. The good news is that when she uses it in the air it pretty much stops all her downward momentum and you can try it again :p I am putting this in here just so that you are aware of this move. Rarely have I seen it used to attack back at pikachu.

Pika's Speed

Next lets talk about pika's speed and the qac. Use it to your best advantage. Try and use the qac offensively if you can. Remember that each time you go through seomone with it, the qa causes about 2-3% damage. If you are cornered or want to play some mindgames use the qac to go through her and land behind her. NEVER land under her or in front of her. If you do then lead the qac into another move or shield. She will punish you. The qac can be your best friend in this matchup.

Attacking on the Ground

As for attacking on the ground, the gest moves are the fsmash and usmash. The fsmash is great for spacing and just letting her have it when she is in the air. An usmash can be totally devastating to her to. Even a running usmash. For some reason they seem to be very effective against peach. Utilts arent that effective here. Neither are dtilt's lol. Im sure ou have already guessed that though. But the niar, very good move to use here. If you are shielding and peach is finishing her airiel assault, jump out of the shield and use the nair instead of grabbing. The bair is also a very good move for damage rackup since its hard to combo peach.

Last but not least the fair. Very similar in its use against snake. Use it to shield poke when peach is being defensive and FF it when peach is open for attack. If nothing else space with your fair or just be an offensive defense with the fair. With this i mean keep jumping and use your fair and make sure its ending before you land. If this gets confusing then just send me a few pm's and I will explain it better.

Edgeguarding

Last but not least, edgeguarding and killing. Let's talk about peach first. When peach is going to edgeguard she will use her turnips to throw at you, chase you since she can float , or use her counter. She will use her counter when you use your skullbash. So use it sparingly. Her turnips shouldn't give you much trouble since we have a great recovery. But to let you know about them she will throw a few of them upwards and then a few at you. So time them well and be ever watchful of her. If she goes out to attack you then I would advise using your skullbash and try to get a hit or two on her while saving your QA. Her vertical recovery is terrible. Try and bait her. If you can't attack her then get back to the edge before she does so you can start edgeguarding on her.

As a pika user you know how to edgeguard. Thunder is awesome here. Tjolt can keep her off the edge and hopefully get some pressure on her. Remember that peach can float for a while so she may decide to stay off the edge floating for a while. Just wait and try to plan out her next moves. She can either grab the ledge or try and get by you, in which she will most likely dodge through anything you try and hit her with. So just jst and predict your opponent. Everyone is different. Its hard to tell what to do here. Basically thunder is your best option.

Killing

As for killing, her best killing moves are her ftil/fair/fsmash. Who knew?! Well just everybody who has ever heard the name peach. Basically whenever you are above 95% do not challenge her in the air. Its time to get defensive and start shielding and grabbing and getting her to use a ground game if you can.

As for killing peach, learn how to use your thunder. Once you learn how to effectively use a thunder for killing and just racking damage it will make this match so much easier. Your nair out of a shield/fsmash/usmash are your best options in that order. Your fsmash is going to be degeneraated most likely because of its more valuable use as a spacial tool and usmash is hard to connect for a tech chase. Overall though she is easier to kill vertically. This means upwards into the cilieng. If you try and kill her horizontally, her recovery is superb to any other character and just plain harder. But go ahead and try it at higher percentages. Peach lacks any vertical recovery. Get her under the stage and you have won.

P.S. Learn how to use your thunder here. Great move. And I am sorry if this seems rushed or lacking in any way. I tried my best with the limited knowledge I have and it's my first matchup discussion in a while.

Helpful Video's

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Overall Matchup

50/50

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I fought a little of edreeses at hobo 11, lemme see if i can dredge up some of what i learned. peach can pull off wicked dair combos. edreeses caught me in a 3 dair to dj uair, and believe me, that hurt like none other. try to smash or quarter circle DI up then air dodge and get the crap out of there. if she goes float to dair, try to jump above her and come down with an attack. also you can try to sit back, then run in with a usmash for a surprise attack. watch out for her side b as it has a crap ton or priority, and her utilt is the same way. her dsmash was nerfed hard, but it can still do like 15 damage if you dont DI. her ftilt is a killer though, so watch out for it. and her fair kills HARD. that is all i can think of atm.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Hmmm, let's see. Peach is my strongest secondary and I've played people from the Peach board so I might have more insight into her strengths and weaknesses than anyone here.

As usual, Peach's floating d-air is her signature punisher and it's actually her best friend in this match-up, whereas that is usually her f-air. I'll get to why that is in a moment.
A good Peach can combo a Pikachu with it into an easy u-tilt or u-air. We all know her d-smash got nerfed beyond belief, but it seems to rack up a good 15-21% on Pikachu when sweet-spotted. Fortunately, her f-smash has less range than Pikachu's, except for Peach's golf club which has practically the same range. But beware, her f-smash is a couple frames or so quicker than Pikachu's.

The good thing about being Pikachu against this opponent is that her staple, the powerful and well-ranged f-air, is hard to connect with such a small target such as Pikachu. So you can expect Peach to use a lot more floating dairs than she's accustom to. If she still insists on spamming f-airs, just remember your f-air is faster. So time it well.
Now, here's the mindgame: Run up to her right as she starts to float and put up your shield. I bet you my bottom dollar she'll instinctively try to d-air you. She will hit your shield. Now, when you hear the first fluttering sound of her d-air end, immediately u-tilt, u-smash, or d-smash her.
So that's how you beat that.

Okay, I'd say that about wraps things up. Now you all know how to beat a Peach who spams f-airs and a Peach who spams floating d-airs. So basically now you know how to beat 100% of the Peaches. No joke.

If you know what you're doing, this match-up is 60/40 in Pikachu's favor.
Pikachu > Peach

gallax

Smash Hero
ok guys...seriously. 3 posts? i know you have played at least one peach in your lifetime. i need your help!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW THIS MATCHUP THAT WELL YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget Thunder. What's that, Peach? ANOTHER floating DAir?

**Electrocuted princess screaming**

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I was originally confident that I could help a lot in this match but...my friend who uses Pikachu isn't that good anymore...I guess being part of SWF really does help. I'll do my best though

Peach is going to use Dair and Fair. I wouldn't say we will spam them - we'll make good use of them but not stupid use. She can combo you to a decent 30-40% using Dairs ---> Uair/Nair. Her Fair outranges your aerials

Whenever I fight Pikachu, I always perfect sheild thunder jolts or Toad them. Watch out for Toad - Pikachus range isn't huge so he's reasonably easy to Toad

If we hit someones sheild with a Floating Dair and we aren't going to sheild poke it, we'll move away. Whilst I can never forgive you for stealing Peachs down smash, don't forget she still has it and Pikas is fairly easy to DI out of

Don't mindlessly spam Thunder when trying to gimp - Toad can counter that

I apologise for my advice being so vague. I rarely get to play my friend and the last time I did, he played nothing like you pro Pikas (he can't QAC :/). Speaking of QAC, I prefer to stay in the air in this match so as to avoid get ***** on the ground by QAC

Peach has Turnips and whilst they've been nerfed slightly, they're still very good for her approach (Glide Tossing) and damage racking

Final words - never approach Peach using a Dair from high above. Up Tilt cancels out pretty much all Dairs and Pikachu is no exception

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Hmm Let's see...

In my opinion, this match-up is in our favor. Something to note about Peach is that she has many kill options, but those kill options cannot KO reliably on moderate percentages. Pikachu can usually recover from most of these on moderate percentages. The following kill moves are placed in kill reliability order (tested by me):

Fsmash tennis racket
Fsmash golf club
Fair
Usmash
Bair
Nair
Uair

You guys should already know about dair and how that can link up to some deadly combos. Also, be mindful of her floating and turnips. You see a lot of peach players use a lot of float to fair with not a lot of lag. They may follow up with some jabs and slaps, OR rarely, them may not even fall to the ground and just follow up with a fair, bair, or nair, considering the situation. Just be mindful of that. Her float also limits what you can do with tjolt. She can always go over it with ease. AND those turnips. Dont let them mindgame you. Turnips combined with float = good spacing, combos, and evasion (especially glide toss).

Enough with what to look out for. Now what to do and what not to do. First off, NOTE THAT PEACH IS EASILY KILLED VERTICALLY. Since her air movement is pretty slow, you can get her with a thunder after a uair or usmash or whenever she is above you. Do not run into her thinking you can land a Usmash or something, and be cautious when you QAC through her. Oh and dont thunder her when its pretty **** obvious you are about to.

I think ill add stuff later.

RATED

Smash Lord
I can help , when she hits u with Dair combos u can DI at the same time start mashing A button to use ur nair that will do it.that way it will land u only one dair, try using ur thunderjolts more than usual when u thing she is going to float.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
since pika is #1 in the fun tier list and peach is #2 in fun factor they are my main and secondary team (not really fun tier #3 kirby is my secondary), plus I have played praxis, anaya, bone and edrees at some point and they are amazing
now just stating the obvious
pika has a superior air game, better projectile and more kill moves plus great mobility. t jolt spacing/approach will not work as desired on smart peaches!!!
peach has wicked combos from floating, aerials have almost no lag while floating, peach's moveset lends itself to great mindgames and theres always the uncontrollable X factor of stitches and weapons being plucked which can turn the tide just like that (snaps fingers) if youre not careful (or if you trip)
not going onto depth due to school assignments that im behind on so ill just call it 50-50
EDIT: plus im feeling real lazy right now

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
After much debating, argueing and testing, I believe the conclusion reached on this match up which the Peachs have just done is 50-50. Please visit the Peach match up thread between pages 69 and 79 (Meno's link) to see the conclusions and if you have any queries/disagreements with the match up, please don't hesitate to say so :)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
since pika is #1 in the fun tier list and peach is #2 in fun factor they are my main and secondary team (not really fun tier #3 kirby is my secondary), plus I have played praxis, anaya, bone and edrees at some point and they are amazing
now just stating the obvious
pika has a superior air game, better projectile and more kill moves plus great mobility. t jolt spacing/approach will not work as desired on smart peaches!!!
peach has wicked combos from floating, aerials have almost no lag while floating, peach's moveset lends itself to great mindgames and theres always the uncontrollable X factor of stitches and weapons being plucked which can turn the tide just like that (snaps fingers) if youre not careful (or if you trip)
not going onto depth due to school assignments that im behind on so ill just call it 50-50
EDIT: plus im feeling real lazy right now

Wait...were you the Pikachu I played in San Diego? The tournament that got cancelled halfway through because they didn't rent the room out for long enough?

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Wait...were you the Pikachu I played in San Diego? The tournament that got cancelled halfway through because they didn't rent the room out for long enough?
lol yeah its me, actually i mained fox/lucario in those days but pika is too much fun so he went from fun character to full time main switching with kirby and peach for some matches. btw you beat my buddy soid and his snake (he seconds MK, what a tier w****) in singles, well at least the part of singles that was actually played
EDIT: in case you had a bad impression, san diego tournaments are not like that dane just pulled a fast one on hack, azn_lep and rickety and took off with a good chunk of the money which would have provided for enough time for the tournament to finish.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Boo :p

Since you've done the write up, I wouldn't mind showing you guys the one I did for the Peach match thread

-Pikachu- :pikachu2: 50-50

Discussion: Posts 1019 - 1199

What to Watch out For:
-Spammable projectile (thunder jolts)
-Up + B, Quick Attack. Good recovery and can used to perform the Quick Attack combo, leading to enhanced use of thunder jolts/aerial attacking
-Fast movement speed/attacks
-Thunder, a good edgeguarding move. Also a good finisher for when Peach is in the air
-Strong multi hit Down Smash
-Up Tilt/Uair for juggling
-Strong Up Smash/F Smash when sweetspotted

Matchup Mentality:
-Learn to Powersheild his thunder jolts. This is crucial if you want to win
-Nair will hit Pikachu out of his Quick Attack. Nair also outprioritzes all of Pikachu's aerials. Useful for breaking out of his juggling
-F Tilt/Up Tilt will hit Pikachu out of aerials provided you get the hit in first
-Toad works well vs Pikachu
-Use Turnips wisely. Thunder jolts and Turnips will cancel each other out if they connect
-Clever use of Floating, especially to avoid thunder jolts
-Watch how Pikachu uses Thunder. Don't let him trick and don't run into it
-Watch carefully how Pikachu uses the Quick Attack Combo. Nair/D Smash will knock Pikachu out of this

Did you know?
-If you hit Pikachu whilst he is using his Down Smash with an aerial you will always get hit. Wait until he has finished and punish it
-Turnips are bad for gimping Pikachu's recovery
-F Smash is an excellent punishing move after sheilding a D Smash
-If you get caught in Pikachu's D Smash, at higher percents you can Smash DI out of it. Be ready to tech against the floor when you do escape it

Quotes:

I have played anther (yes on wifi, may not mean much from both sides but the matches we had we went even. i won some and so did he) So I learned this match up pretty well. His jolts I just Powershield and run out of my shield too him. if I have a turnip, powershield to glide toss.

His Dsmash, one of the main problems People seem to have with him. I usually bait the move if I tend to know he will Dsmash. Then punish with at air attack, glide toss or grab. if I get caught in it. I smash DI out of it. its not that hard to do so that takes care of that problem.

If pika uses his Quick attack cancels on you, attack out of your shield if he lands near you. But expect follow ups after the quick attacks. i usually do an instand FC>Nair to shut that game down.

Pika does not really have a solid approach on you, nor many options for it. But you do so you beat him there. when Pika starts his combos, he is good at sticking to Peach due to her weight. This would be his air game mostly. But you also got the combos on him. So its 50/50 on this part. Though it is a lot harder for pika to keep it up.

Makes 2 main solid kills on Peach are his Upsmash and thunder. Don't get thunder while off the stage, you will die quickly. Anther once throw me off, than ran next to me and thundered. I was near his body i believe and I died on battle field around 52 or 62%. reason for this was it sent me side ways more than upward.

Dsmash wont kill you until you are at High %. unless the Dsmash sends you upward then he catches you with thunder. Fsmash you can live that pretty well if you DI up and to the stage.

His ground game is not all that. So if you can do damage with Peach on the ground then you are good. turnip follow ups work well against Pika cause not much he can do about it.

Edgeguarding him if not that much of a problem. Snip or Zdrop turnips. If you have quick reactions, you can tell where pika is gonna go when coming back to the stage. so it is not that hard to punish or even gimp him out of his recovery.

Pika is not that hard to kill. If you keep you kill moves fresh, pika wont be un the stage for long. And you have a few kill moves to Pika then he does on you.

I say this is ether 50-50 or sightly in Peach's favor. Me playing Anther made me realize just how tuff Pika is, but being on point, the match seems even for me and him.
i regularly play, what alot of people consider one of the best pika's in the midwest, although i don't know if he goes to any major tourneys, he's always at my monthley tourney tho, he goes by CBK, but i've played pika so many times, and i'd have to say its really close to 50-50 Dair cancels pika's projectiles, and combos really well, and if you can set up a good Fair you can kill pika at pretty low percents, but at the same time, its not easy to land those kill moves on pika, they are always moving and spend alot of the time in the air, and the pika i play uses alot of QAC, i've gotten used to it, and i can just Dsmash to cancel his QAC before it leads to anything, but really this matchup comes down to whoever has the better spacing imo, pikas Dsmash is very easy to DI out of with peach, but still watch for it, it wont kill you but if you keep getting caught in it thats alot of damage your taking, i think the main killer for pika against peach in this one is his Usmash, its comparable to fox's in both speed and power, and try not to give pika the chance to catch a turnip, his glide toss > Fsmash is a very nasty combo.
I personally believe the match up is 50-50. Pikachu has a better ground game but Peach has a better air game

Pikachu has a variety of ways to build up damage. He can Down Smash you, grab you ---> constant Up Tilt ---> various aerials or just spam you to death with Thunder Jolts combined with Quick Attack or just simply camping with them

It is essential you learn how to Perfect Sheild Pikachu's Thunder Jolts as it will make this match up much easier. Pikachu has reasonably significant lag after using them. By perfect sheilding T Jolts, you can punish a Pikachu who has poorly spaced his T Jolts. Floating works surprisingly well in this match up as it gives you the ease to move backwards and forwards in the air to avoid his T Jolts. Pikachus T Jolts are fired digonally down the way he is facing so if he's going to hit you in the air, he's going to have to get pretty close/slightly higher than you. Make good use of your 2nd jump in this match as a spacing/dodging tool and don't be afraid to get in close and take advantage of the vunerability Pikachu has after using his T Jolts.

Make use of Dairs in this match but be aware of Pikachus Up Tilt - it comes out fast and if you time your Dairs wrong, you'll get a face full of Up Tilt. If Pikachu attempts to continually Up Tilt you, try Floating out the way and if you think Pikachu will jump up to try and hit you with an aerial, get a Nair in there. Turnips are helpful in this match as well. Glide Tossing works but Turnips are cancelled out by Pikachu's T Jolts. Time your pulls well because Pikachu is quick and can punish you if he's close by with a Dash attack (or worse, an Up Smash). I personally like to save my Turnips and throw them in the air to counter a jumping T Jolt spamming Pikachu

Pikachu has decent aerials. Uair has low knockback and will mainly be used for juggling. Bair is a damage builder - if you get stuck in this, DI upwards out of it. Dair has a very very deceptive hitbox and as an additional hit when landing. If Pikachu uses this above you, get ready for on Up Tilt. If he SH's it, Sheild it/Float out of the way and be prepared to punish his landing lag. Pikachus Fair comes out fast, has reasonable range and has multi hits. If Pikachu SH spams this, counter it with by jumping back and coming down with your Fair which has more range (this is difficult as Pikachus Fair has more range than it would first appear). If Pikachu uses fast falled Fairs, depending on where he his, counter it with an Up/F Tilt. If that doesn't look like it'll work, sheild it and roll out the way (this is by far the safest option). Getting hit with Pikachus Fair can lead into some nasty moves such as following into an Up Tilt/Down Smash. You can punish poorly spaced Fairs by walking backwards and using F Smash as well. Remember, if you're close enough, Nair will outprioritze/trade hits with Pikachus aerials

Pikachu has a variety of kill methods and his killing power is better/more flexible than Peachs. His main ones are his F Smash, Up Smash, Down Smash and Thunder. If you get stuck in his Down Smash, Smash DI up out of it (be prepared to tech on the floor). Never EVER try to hit Pikachu out of his D Smash with an aerial until he's finished using it because you WILL get hit. If you sheild the D Smash, wait until you are out of hitting range and punish Pikachu with an F Smash. Be aware of clever Thunder use! If Pikachu knocks you up into the air and you're at a high percent, don't get tricked as this is a very easy kill for Pikachu. Pikachu can wait for you to airdodge and then punish or run over to where he thinks you'll move in the air and punish you that way. Or if he's feeling really technical, he can use QA to dart about/catch up with you and use Thunder. If you get hit by Pikachus F Smash, your best bet is to DI diagonally upwards as DI'ing straight up risks a ceiling kill

Watch out for Pikachus Quick Attack. Not only is this good recovery, Pikachu can use this to perform the QAC and zoom around the place to enhance Thunder Jolt spamming (jump up and B reversal), rack up damage and jump out with aerials. You can knock Pikachu out of this aerials/smashes with nearly anything in your moveset. Actually doing this though is difficult

Pikachu has a more versatile recovery than Peach and whilst it's difficult to gimp, it's not impossible. Turnips are useless for gimping unless you're trying to get some extra damage on Pikachu. Watch how your opponent recovers and take advantage of it. Nairing him out of the Quick Attack isn't easy but it can be done. Be ready to grab onto the ledge for an edgeguard if you think Pikachu is going for the ledge

Toad is very useful in this match up, paticularly against aggressive Thunder use (never use it high in the air though if Pikachu is trying to kill you off the top) and close T Jolt spamming. Make good use of him but don't spam him (as always)

So far, after taking everything into account, I think the match up is 50-50. Both characters can rack damage up against each other, both have a decent projectile (Peachs is argueably better in this match) and both have reasonable KO ability (Pikachus is better when he lands them correctly though. Peach's Fair isn't a very good damage builder in this match up so it will be kept fairly fresh which is a bonus)
Rgarding your write up galax, just a few things I'm picking up on

- Grabbing Peach out of her aerials isn't going to happen if she's spaced correctly. There is no way you can grab Peach in the air (or anyone for that matter) if there high enough above you. By all means though, if Peach mis-spaces or is Floating close to the ground, grab her and make her suffer

- Be aware that her aerials (especially Dair) can put strain on your shield and shield poke. Regarding Dair/Fair, most of the time you want to aim your shield up. That way, Peach will have a harder time poking your shield

Don't underestimate Peach's ground game. Don't underestimate Turnips and her various ground based approaches with them. Likewise, Pikachu's air game is not to be underestimated when fighting as Peach

But yea, the write up looks ok :) See what your fellow Pika's think

gallax

Smash Hero
ok. reading and rewriting soon. but i studied wuite a few vids and because peach needs to get lower to hit the chu its a lot easier for us to grab when she is in the air. but the new additions will be italicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom