• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k vs Dojo (vid inside)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not sure how I survived reading all of this....

Good shiz EL. That emo thread was fun.

Cheer up M2K, everything will work out man.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm not sure how I survived reading all of this....

Good shiz EL. That emo thread was fun.

Cheer up M2K, everything will work out man.
Either everything works out well enough that you continue to live, or you die.

So basically, we should aspire to not commiting suicide long enough for old age to kill us.

-007-

Smash Cadet
I have seen a few brawl videos of m2k people have. This one looks great. Great spacing he has and quick combos.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Maybe it's just extreme realism. I dunno.

I'm just trying to boost his spirits, but it's tough when, right after I post that, he says something equally depressing.

It's not a huge deal though, I probably shouldn't have said anything. I doubt what I say really helps M2K anyway...

Ryoko

Smash Rookie
I feel special to know that probably the two best Brawlers live in the state i live in. :D
Also, M2K was awsome that match, although i'm pretty sure Dojo just either needed a warm up, or needed to get used to M2K's gameplay.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If Mew2King is feeling depressed, he oughta play Wii Music. It's strangely amusing, and listening to classical music can be quite uplifting.

On a less flame-able note, he could speak to his minister or some other religious leader if he has one... I think someone mentioned a psychologist, but sometimes the thought of seeing a psychologist can be intimidating...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If Mew2King is feeling depressed, he oughta play Wii Music. It's strangely amusing, and listening to classical music can be quite uplifting.

On a less flame-able note, he could speak to his minister or some other religious leader if he has one... I think someone mentioned a psychologist, but sometimes the thought of seeing a psychologist can be intimidating...
But then he'd realize that he just wasted $50 on a horrible, horrible game that would amuse not even a toddler for more than ten minutes.

Sorry, I hate Wii Music :laugh:

Also, I'm pretty sure that M2K is atheist.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
But then he'd realize that he just wasted $50 on a horrible, horrible game that would amuse not even a toddler for more than ten minutes.

Sorry, I hate Wii Music :laugh:

Also, I'm pretty sure that M2K is atheist.
Oh. Oh well, I tried. :chuckle: Maybe he'll go to some tournament and meet an awesome girl who has Meta Knight skills comparable to his own... Mew2Queen... And then his depression will pass.

Grondos

Smash Cadet
Oh. Oh well, I tried. :chuckle: Maybe he'll go to some tournament and meet an awesome girl who has Meta Knight skills comparable to his own... Mew2Queen... And then his depression will pass.

Lol, that would be pretty cool.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lmao, that'd be soooooooo funny yet awesome. I'd love to see a pick of those two together, maybe with Mew2 heads. :O

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
a pick lol

as if something like that would ever happen

i played some mk player umbra today and i beat him taking 45% in tourney match, and he ended up getting 3rd. idk why I'm even good vs MK it's prolly cuz everyone else uses him so I just learned the match. It's not even just MK dittos I'm fine at it with ddd and snake too. I can't believe ppl want him banned, just learn/master 1 matchup.

i played melee yesterday, and man, it's so much better than brawl if played for hours at a time, at least with Fox it is (I just played fox for one of the first times in months). If ppl ban MK I'm gonna use DDD/snake mostly DDD, but he's so boring by comparison to MK, so I never want that to happen.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
a pick lol

i played some mk player umbra today and i beat him taking 45% in tourney match, and he ended up getting 3rd. idk why I'm even good vs MK it's prolly cuz everyone else uses him so I just learned the match. It's not even just MK dittos I'm fine at it with ddd and snake too. I can't believe ppl want him banned, just learn/master 1 matchup.

i played melee yesterday, and man, it's so much better than brawl if played for hours at a time, at least with Fox it is (I just played fox for one of the first times in months). If ppl ban MK I'm gonna use DDD/snake mostly DDD, but he's so boring by comparison to MK, so I never want that to happen.
Can you pick up Mario :laugh:

MK is a hard character to combat though. I agree with you. If you learn that 1 matchup and get decent at versing MK. Your life would be alot easier.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
*gives neon ness internet*

And I like this thread. M2K is human too. Talking to people on the internet about things other than smash is nice sometimes. I read every post in this thread O_O

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
*gives neon ness internet*

And I like this thread. M2K is human too. Talking to people on the internet about things other than smash is nice sometimes. I read every post in this thread O_O
I read every post too, I just hope the discussion continues, or at the very least M2K updates us on how it is going.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I can fix your problem easy peasy.

Move to Massachusetts. I am here. I will be your new bffl. We will play brawl with my friends every night like we do now. And when I get Little Big Planet and the new Crystal Chronicles we will play that for many many hours, and since it is in a large group you feel accomplished and like you have stronger bonds with them. We also go see movies every thursday for free.

There problem solved.

But for serious we would really easily accept you into our group since we are pretty dam hodge-podge to begin with.

but there is one but. We don't drink or do any drugs, so if your gonna do that get it out of your system before you get here...

aeghrur

Smash Champion
a pick lol

Hmm, you just wait boyo, some random girl will beat you at smash in a tourny and you'll be like, WTF, BE MEW2QUEEN NOW. You just wait... (=<

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
a pick lol

Funny, I didn't even know you played Snake.

How do you play Snake? You're the best player in the world, and I imagine Snake differs immensly from person to person. I can't picture what your Snake would look like.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
a pick lol

Funny, I didn't even know you played Snake.

How do you play Snake? You're the best player in the world, and I imagine Snake differs immensly from person to person. I can't picture what your Snake would look like.

EDIT: It's not that I'm not never cheery, but rather cliches like "everything will work out" kinda bug me. Especially those that aren't actually true when you give it some thought. Truth is, the only way to get out of a rut is to get out of it. Everything will not work out if things continue as they have before, and even when you do get out of that rut, you can't be certain you're better off because of it. Everything doesn't always work out. But once you realize this and stop waiting for God, you can do something about it.

EDIT 2: No idea how I just double posted that. Sorry!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It comforts me a great deal that one of the best (if not the best) MKs in the world is against MK being banned because he believes that people simply need to master the matchup.
That, or he just wants money by using the best character in the game.:lick:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yeah i couldn't win without fox, i mean marth in melee. .... oh wait....

brawl just happens to be infinitely more boring by comparison to melee, using other characters just means camping with them, not combos. There is much less depth, less options, and less fun to be had.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, because if MK got banned M2K would somehow stop winning... :laugh:
yeah i couldn't win without fox, i mean marth in melee. .... oh wait....

brawl just happens to be infinitely more boring by comparison to melee, using other characters just means camping with them, not combos. There is much less depth, less options, and less fun to be had.
Wow, the sarcasm meter must be broken here, or something. Is everyone srs business?

Oh, and I happen to disagree with you M2K. Mmhmm.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i realized the sarcasm, im not stupid, but a lot of ppl, like overswarm, try to say i wouldn't win without MK, even though for the few months that I mained DDD I went to tons of tourneys and had the best record in the EC w/ him, and had to bring him out to win fast1 despite not using DDD for like 95% of that day.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i realized the sarcasm, im not stupid, but a lot of ppl, like overswarm, try to say i wouldn't win without MK, even though for the few months that I mained DDD I went to tons of tourneys and had the best record in the EC w/ him, and had to bring him out to win fast1 despite not using DDD for like 95% of that day.
I would love to see you go DDD again, but you probably won't.
MK is the easiest solution to win anything in Brawl, so why bother, eh?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Overswarm is dumb for thinking that M2K only wins because of MK.

I agree with M2K about how boring Brawl is. Like, I put the disc in and go to training mode just to realize there isn't much to train on lol.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Overswarm is dumb for thinking that M2K only wins because of MK.

I agree with M2K about how boring Brawl is. Like, I put the disc in and go to training mode just to realize there isn't much to train on lol.
Nonetheless, stuff like using Quarter Circle DI, ASDI, and then your fastest aerial to let you fastfall or jump to maximize survivability takes lots of practice... I consider Brawl more boring in gameplay than melee, but I still like it better due to the music, levels, graphics, and characters. Also, I like that it focuses less on ATs and is slower.

You should pick up mario.... he has some combo's and i'm not talking about those fake ones ;]
The thing that makes MK so wonderfully fun to play as IMO (other than just being badass) is that once you learn the knockbacks of his moveset, you can just start pulling combos out of your *** to fit the situation at hand.

Easiest? Only in the sense that it's the most reliable. DDD is easier to play flawlessly, no? Plus, MK has so much more depth so he's so much more interesting for M2K to play... Have you even been reading his posts!?

Nic64

Smash Lord
gotta agree on the fun factor, MK is the only character of the top tier that isn't just camp camp camp camp camp camp, maybe it's because it's a campy game and MK just breaks the game, but that's not such a bad thing to me, I'd rather MK dittos than any matchup between snake, rob, falco, and DDD...and he's certainly not easier to play than snake or DDD IMO

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Easiest? Only in the sense that it's the most reliable. DDD is easier to play flawlessly, no? Plus, MK has so much more depth so he's so much more interesting for M2K to play... Have you even been reading his posts!?
That's kinda what I meant. I got lazy with mah' wording.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no he's not, DDD is definitely easier to win vs many of the characters he can CG, and he can CG like half the cast. A lot of people are also bad vs DDD by comparison because they have much less DDD exp than MK exp. The reasons I try to go all MK now is because 1) he's better in teams; MK is much better in teams than DDD is 2) he is way more fun to use 3) i would rather fully master 1 character than be forced to counterpicks, which was necessary for me to win fast1 4) his whole game doesn't revolve around camping, encouraging me to approach a lot more. Compared to a few months ago, at least vs most people (except for the top people) I approach a ton now, probably because I get bored and approaching is not only more fun, but easier to improve my skill with in friendlies, as well as a useful teams asset so my teammate doesn't get double teamed.

I would use Pit a lot if his game didn't highly rely on arrows which get incredibly boring to me really fast. I laser camp in melee with fox because it's effective, but it doesn't mean I had fun doing it. A huge flaw of MK is that he has no projectile meaning he always has to approach unless he has the lead and the opponent can camp him w/ projectiles. I sincerely really do enjoy the character compared to the other brawl characters, since he is the closest thing to a melee character. Melee is much more fun by comparison though, at least when I have good enough tech skill to play how I want.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
no he's not, DDD is definitely easier to win vs many of the characters he can CG, and he can CG like half the cast. A lot of people are also bad vs DDD by comparison because they have much less DDD exp than MK exp. The reasons I try to go all MK now is because 1) he's better in teams; MK is much better in teams than DDD is 2) he is way more fun to use 3) i would rather fully master 1 character than be forced to counterpicks, which was necessary for me to win fast1 4) his whole game doesn't revolve around camping, encouraging me to approach a lot more. Compared to a few months ago, at least vs most people (except for the top people) I approach a ton now, probably because I get bored and approaching is not only more fun, but easier to improve my skill with in friendlies, as well as a useful teams asset so my teammate doesn't get double teamed.

I would use Pit a lot if his game didn't highly rely on arrows which get incredibly boring to me really fast. I laser camp in melee with fox because it's effective, but it doesn't mean I had fun doing it. A huge flaw of MK is that he has no projectile meaning he always has to approach unless he has the lead and the opponent can camp him w/ projectiles. I sincerely really do enjoy the character compared to the other brawl characters, since he is the closest thing to a melee character. Melee is much more fun by comparison though, at least when I have good enough tech skill to play how I want.
If you had read the above post...yeah.

So wait, the entire base of your Pro-MK and Anti-Ledge stalling is that it's "Not Fun [without MK/with Ledge stalling]"?

I'll be right back, I gotta go laugh until my sides split in two.

-----

If Melee is more fun, then why are you playing Brawl?

Grondos

Smash Cadet
If you had read the above post...yeah.

So wait, the entire base of your Pro-MK and Anti-Ledge stalling is that it's "Not Fun [without MK/with Ledge stalling]"?

I'll be right back, I gotta go laugh until my sides split in two.

-----

If Melee is more fun, then why are you playing Brawl?

If you didn't notice, that was only one of the points he made.

Top Bottom