• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Smash Kill %

Blad01

Smash Lord
An uncharged Boost Smash (BS) kills a little bit earilier, in general ~4% earlier. Here are the exact percentages :)
On a side note, if you very slightly charge the BS, you can gain easily ~3% :)

- Very Heavies -
King DDD : 139%
Snake : 138%
Donkey Kong : 137%

- Heavies -
Bowser : 133%
Captain Falcon : 131%
Ganondorf : 131%
Ike : 129%
Charizard : 128%
Wolf : 127%
Link : 126%
Wario : 126%
ROB : 125%
Samus : 125%
Yoshi : 125%

- Middle-weight -
Ivysaur : 123%
Lucario : 121%
Pit : 121%
Mario : 119%
Sonic : 119%
Luigi : 118%
Ness : 118%
Lucas : 118%
Diddy Kong : 118%
Marth : 117%
Toon Link : 117%
Ice Climbers : 115%
Falco : 114%

- Light -
Pikachu : 111%
Peach : 111%
Olimar : 110%
Zelda / Sheik : 109% (ôO)
Metaknight : 109%
Fox : 107%
Kirby : 106%
Squirtle : 103%
Game & Watch : 103%
Jigglypuff : 97%

J4pu

Smash Champion
Rondoudou : 97%
Jigglypuff
Purin
and now Rondoudou
haha jiggs gets her name changed so much

on topic, good to know the percents, i wonder why it would kill sooner than Usmash, my guess is that while sliding you are technically charging it so it is a slightly charged Usmash

and man, it sucks to be Fox, dies early/ gets screwed by CG's to insane percents
poor Fox

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Wow, nice! Thanks for putting in the effort. I didn't know it would actually kill earlier. Time to start integrating this more.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Good info.

I just saw your vids against that ZSS. A few errors here and there but good stuff man.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Boost smash is my favourite (and probably the most effective) method of killing MK and other lighter characters. Opponents don't expect it, and are caught off guard when you slide towards them with a slightly charged boost smash.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Everyone always forgets ZSS :(
Lol, sorry i can't test it in Training mode ^^' I'm gonna try to transform in ZSS from Samus, but i'm not really pro at that :p

I just saw your vids against that ZSS. A few errors here and there but good stuff man.
Thanks ^^
Yeah, i'm gonna to work again on my Falco, so i hope these errors will disappear :)

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
Lol, sorry i can't test it in Training mode ^^' I'm gonna try to transform in ZSS from Samus, but i'm not really pro at that
You could choose ZSS right of the Character select screen instead. Do it by HOLDING down a shield button while pressing start to enter the stage select screen.

Or if you're doing it in training mode, spawn a smash ball and let her grab it and do her FS.

Top Bottom