• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Frame Rate Data

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thanks to a very nice guy, named Jimbocav, we will be getting Yoshi's frame rate data by the end of the week or the beginning of the new week. I am thinking this is a great oppurtunity foir us Yoshi's mainly because of DR, and his DJC. We can now explore the cancellation frames in comparison to the two types of DR, the tap and no tap. Also we can measure the frame speed of the DR. I'm also interested in the cancellation on aerials, through DJC. This being said is there anything else, tech wise, that you would like to be tested?

Jimbocav will get on this in the next few days. <3

JCav

Smash Lord
yeah ill let you know when i get on this because i was just asked to do framerates for bowser and metaknight so ill get those done first and then ill jump right on these yoshi framerates.

and im going to say right now i have next to no knowledge of yoshi so if you want me to do something, you may have to elaborate for me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well for the techs, can you use replays cause they may be hard to learn for you.

JCav

Smash Lord
i just looked at dragonic reverse and woa, thats really cool.

the thing is, the program i use requires me to run the game at 1/2 speed to get the most accurate results...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm...think you can learn it?

Fastest way is to use tap jump. But most effective is w/o. You need quick way so learn it with tap I guess. XD

JCav

Smash Lord
i would love to learn it. i think i can get it down, i watched the vid on it and it will take me some time but ill get it.

anything other techniques?

Sharky

Smash Master
Release grabs on certain characters, perhaps? It'd be nice to know once and for all if certain chars can be CG'd. =D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, it's about time. =P

I'm interested to see how many frames of invincibility he has on his dodges, personally. And when his heavy-armor shows up on his double-jump, too.

bigman40

Smash Master
wow, that was really cool. and that is very technical no doubt about it. however, if the only way for me to get it at 1/2 speed is for me to do it, ill put however much time i need to

respect to yoshi players through the roof now
heh thankies! ^_^

We tryz to get some kind of respect aroundz here =P

JCav

Smash Lord
Release grabs on certain characters, perhaps? It'd be nice to know once and for all if certain chars can be CG'd. =D
i can do that

Well, it's about time. =P

I'm interested to see how many frames of invincibility he has on his dodges, personally. And when his heavy-armor shows up on his double-jump, too.
this may be difficult to test...

heh thankies! ^_^

We tryz to get some kind of respect aroundz here =P
any character who can cg metaknight and look like he can wavedash deserves some attention!

but as i mentioned, i have to frame rates for bowser and mk right now and with going to school its going to be tough. im even going to take my stuff to school to test it.

but ill do this for you guys no problem, its just a matter of when. you guys are like the most positive character boards ive seen... so i just ask you to sit tight and ill get it done as promptly as i can

Sharky

Smash Master
We're so positive because Yoshi's got nowhere to go but up! And Yoshi's just awesome, of course. ^_^

And thank you thank you thank you for doing this, you are now also officially awesome. =P

JCav

Smash Lord
We're so positive because Yoshi's got nowhere to go but up! And Yoshi's just awesome, of course. ^_^

And thank you thank you thank you for doing this, you are now also officially awesome. =P
you guys make me wanna play yoshi island, that game was so **** happy...

Airborne

Smash Lord
you guys make me wanna play yoshi island, that game was so **** happy...
yes we are so happy... we're the only people that can talk about shoes, CG the MetaFlamer, and not have any pointless threads, unless they're something that's already been discussed in the past... we're there for each other......=).....jk! we're just awesome and love the adorable dinosaur that has his kicks.... pun intended XD

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Um, by half speed, do you mean in training mode..? Because if i remember correctly, the game throws in more frames on training mode to make the game look smoother, and makes it terrible to use for gathering frame data

JCav

Smash Lord
Um, by half speed, do you mean in training mode..? Because if i remember correctly, the game throws in more frames on training mode to make the game look smoother, and makes it terrible to use for gathering frame data
yes it is. however, ive used it testing some of the commonly known framerates (mk d smash in frame 5, rob d smash in frame 4, etc) and they all were accurate

Top Bottom