• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokedex Entry 15: Lucas

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the OTHER pk boy. seems like we are just attracting little boys lately!

discusssss stuff, i need a centralized thread in the pt board so i can put an analysis up here like a year from now lulz.

will update opinions and stuff after playing some friendlies tomorrow.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Lucas gives PT some more trouble than ness, i think its closer to neutral
Squirtle: Very agile, quick and little, IMO squirtle>lucas on the air, but on the ground lucas has the range to keep squirtle on a hard fight
Ivysaur: Ivy has more range and a good antierial game, if the fight is at mid-long range ivy has the upper hand, but on mid-low range lucas can be troublesome, also pk fire can be pretty dangerous
Charizard: PT wants to keep this fight on the ground, charizard is a big target for all of lucas' aerials, on the ground charizard does pretty well
Gimping lucas is not as easy as gimping ness, he has more recovery options

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
there are two videos recorded and on the way, and there will likely be more after this saturday, so keep your eyes peeled.

Onxy

Smash Lord
*Wants to know why Lucas has one over Ivysaur*

Onxy

Smash Lord
I want to know why Lucas has over Ivysaur besides recovery and spammy attacks.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
im not sure about lucas frame data, but i suggest you to see the thread of PT's startup frame data, ivy has some quick attacks, dtilt comes out on frame 6 and outranges... i know lucas' jab is really fast, but im ignorant about the rest, so please check it yourslef blackbelt

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
So lucas' ftilt is pretty fast and ranged... i think ivy's dtilt outranges, but the ftilt will help lucas here

Toby.

Smash Master
im not sure about lucas frame data, but i suggest you to see the thread of PT's startup frame data, ivy has some quick attacks, dtilt comes out on frame 6 and outranges... i know lucas' jab is really fast, but im ignorant about the rest, so please check it yourslef blackbelt
That thread is incorrect. We shouldn't be using its data to compare with other characters.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
WOOOHOO Onxy's back!

>>>>> anyway. I find the scale weighing in PT's favor with out range and mobility. Squirtle>Lucas, Ivy >or = Lucas, Charz (watch the flamethrower spam but other than that) > Lucas.

All that pretty much that should be watched is a PK fire, and thunder spam. Aslo his Up smash. that hitbox is like a frikking shotgun.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Hmm... I really can't see why Lucas would be better than Ivysaur. Maybe Ivy may lose her camping ability with razor leaf, and Lucas' PK fire has additional knockback against her, but meh... Ivy has reliable ranged attacks, and IMO ivy's aerials are a safe bet against those of Lucas.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
We still need to discuss Ivysaur, as there is much argument about her.

However, I think we can agree on:

Squirtle 55, Lucas 45

Charizard 45, Lucas 55

Agreed?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'll wait til we get more matches up on wednesday to say much more, but i'd definitely say both squirtle and zard are in the right ballpark.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Looking for a PT to play against right now. Hoping someone can aim me at HpIrsic and we can get some friendly matches going. This discussion has been going on for far too long and I'd really like to move it along on the Lucas boards.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
lucases laser attacks go thru pts but put has fire and water and leaf attacks so i say its about even the thing about lucas though is that he grabs you but ivysaurs is longer??? i guess so ivysaur has advange there. but what about charizard i say he is big so he can cancel out alot of his moves and i think squirtle can bue hit by moves but not alit he is so fast i mean come on when he is sliding over the stage Lmao. but only one or two omves kill squirte esp. on a small stage like corners and the mansion stage (Forgot The Name?!)(remind me of the stage nex time) i think lucas also has an advantage attack on squirtle because lighting kills water also charizard because lightning kills flying too. also ivysaur because lighting lights plants on fire. so i guess he has advantage on all three so you can forgot the time when i said that ivyasur has an advantage cause i forgot that. ok now onto edgeguaurd. ness is really good at edgecuard with his Downsmash move it has 3 hits especiall against venusaur now charizard can fly over it using fly but the lightning can go all around you and everything you know what i mean. pk fire is weak against all the pokemon except ivysaur now that i think about it xD ok well bye

PSI Locke22

Smash Apprentice
i dont really think that elemental weaknesses are on brawl i think its just knockback force.

Levitas

the moon
WOOOHOO Onxy's back!

>>>>> anyway. I find the scale weighing in PT's favor with out range and mobility. Squirtle>Lucas, Ivy >or = Lucas, Charz (watch the flamethrower spam but other than that) > Lucas.

All that pretty much that should be watched is a PK fire, and thunder spam. Aslo his Up smash. that hitbox is like a frikking shotgun.
I laughed REALLY hard. Like seriously.

Top Bottom