• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Ulevo

Smash Master
FSMASH IS OP GUYS.

No MK dash attack, Ulevo?
Funny thing you guys should keep in mind about the FSmash for Marth is that even though it has longer range than Meta Knights DTilt, it mainly comes down to timing, even assuming perfect spacing. Both characters lean forward quite far when they use both moves, so assuming both attack at the same time, Meta Knight will win because of how fast his DTilt is. But if times properly, you can wait for the hitbox of the DTilt to fade, and throw out an FSmash to tip. Of course, Meta Knight can do the same.

Hm, I totally forgot about the Dash Attacks. I knew I'd miss something. Although that would be very difficult to test, and may be irrelevant because it's a moving hitbox. I'll see what I can do tonight.

This is good for me Ulevo, considering I was creating a list of this information for a specific Marth v Meta guide. Do you mind me using it?
Go right ahead. I don't mind. It's at the disposal of the community. :)

EDIT: I also forgot to add Marths FTilt in comparison to Meta Knights moves. I'm not sure if it is longer than Meta Knights FTilt, so once I find out where to place it, I'll add it to the list. Just keep that in mind if you're going to use the information until I edit it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ulevo, I don't see ftilt in the both category for marth?
Very nice!
I already pointed that out when I quoted Shaya. I tested it, I just forgot to add it before I threw out my papers, and I don't remember the results at the moment.

I'm thinking of doing this for Snake vs Meta Knight as well.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Fair enough. Sorry, just woke up so I sorta skimmed over the responses.
A few things that would probably just be optional, but eh
MK's nado
MK's down-b
Grab ranges(probably unnecessary)
Both's uair's and usmashes vs dairs
Marth's counter(range-wise)
MK's nair.

But again, those are pretty optional. You've already made the things that can break mk's nado list, and MK's dimentional cape is horrible. Grabs just seem unnecessary. Only thing I'm actually really curious about are the uairs and usmashes vs dairs.

Ulevo

Smash Master
MKs grounded sword moves have transcendental priority; meaning they will never clank with other hitboxes.
Hence the point of this thread. Because his attacks don't clank, excluding Glide Attack, in order to out prioritize them, you have to out reach them or out speed them. In this case, we're relying on reach.

Fair enough. Sorry, just woke up so I sorta skimmed over the responses.
A few things that would probably just be optional, but eh
MK's nado
MK's down-b
Grab ranges(probably unnecessary)
Both's uair's and usmashes vs dairs
Marth's counter(range-wise)
MK's nair.

But again, those are pretty optional. You've already made the things that can break mk's nado list, and MK's dimentional cape is horrible. Grabs just seem unnecessary. Only thing I'm actually really curious about are the uairs and usmashes vs dairs.
Meta Knights Tornado is a completely separate issue. Overriding it all comes down to specific moves in Marths arsenal, it isn't just about reach. I've covered that in another thread of mine in the Tactical Discussion forum if you're interested.

Down Special is kinda of pointless... It is rarely used, and because of the function of the move, out reaching it isn't really a circumstance that comes into question. I don't think it is possible to "out reach" it. It all comes down to timing attacks. It's range isn't that impressive anyway.

Grab Ranges aren't important since all attacks on either end out reach each others grab range. If one of them had a tether, or something like Dededes Grab range, it would be different.

Uairs and USmashes I covered here, although you made me notice that I didn't post anything for Marths upward attacks vs Meta Knights Dair. I'll add that tonight as well when I fix the other things I missed.

Counter would be good to cover. I am unsure if there is any moves Meta Knight could use to out space the hitbox, so that would be good knowledge to have. I'll test.

Meta Knights Nair has very poor range. It's obviously on the bottom of the list.

Wow.

MK's fair and bair FAIL against Marth. I did not expect that at all.

BTW -> glide attack?
Pfft. Glide Attack > Everything anyone has. It's range is ludicrous. It is the epitome of non-transcended priority. It does however clank with attacks, thankfully. The best remedy against this move is to DSOOS, or Jab and DSmash/Whatever.

But yeah, overall, Meta Knights Fair and Bair aren't very impressive moves. His Uair and Dair despite their range are much better moves in comparison.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
So Marth completely outranges MK vertically?

I mean his only downward move has equal distance to MK's most ranged upward one.

And his 2nd most ranged upward move outranges MK's only downward move (meaning that Usmash has to, also).

Ulevo

Smash Master
So Marth completely outranges MK vertically?

I mean his only downward move has equal distance to MK's most ranged upward one.

And his 2nd most ranged upward move outranges MK's only downward move (meaning that Usmash has to, also).
That's correct. Marth has the upper hand always when he's below Meta Knight. UThrow anyone? :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
Does Meta's Fair outrange Marth's F-tilt? Can't test this right now......
No, it doesn't. Marths FTilt is much longer.

Ulevo, what about DB and Shieldbreaker? You did grounded DS you I can guess it's not because you aren't doing specials, but why not those?
I did add Dancing Blade originally, but now every special is up excluding Drill Rush and Glide Attack.

Ah. Done finally. :)

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Bump.

I think it would be interesting to match up the range with the frame data. I know that MK is ridiculously fast, but Marth has some very quick moves (DB, fair, dtilt, jab).

It would probably be more helpful than it would hinder us.

∫unk

Smash Master
mm soo can we have a "situational" priority guide for horizontal?

most mk's in a neutral position against marth will...
1) dash grab
2) dash attack -> u-smash
3) glide attack -> d-smash (m2k special)
4) dash into shield -> ground dodge (0-2 times) -> d-smash
6) d-tilt (0-x times until spaced for f-tilt) -> f-tilt
7) tornado

Worst case I'd like to know the moves I shouldn't use (as in don't even waste time trying to space them cause you're going to lose no matter what.

Ex. would be against #3, don't even bother f-air, use DSOoS

Top Bottom