• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Triforce of Knowledge" Ganon's Match-Up Guide: Character Review, Kirby.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
yeah like Divilenta said. Dont die, or get gimped. How do you not get gimped? Stay in the middle of the stage. Dont roll like a noob, only when you think you can get away with it. MKs that know how to play against ganon will be alot in the air and space attacks on you. Stay calm and try to hit them when they are landing. Stomp alot so that they become afraid of grabing you and they will hopefully start grabing less. because if they grab you, you will be in the air, and thats the worst possision to be against MK. So stay on the ground!

if you happen to be in the air (it will happen), your main focus is to reach the ground again. Mix it up with Wizkick, airdodges, and your dj. Sometimes even dair can work so hit him with that when he is not prepared.

THE most important thing against MK is to know how not getting gimped! You have to outsmart him and mix up your recovery like crazy. Save your second jump and use it wisely! This stuff you have to learn on your own. Also learn how to DI so you can recover more easily.

I think Fsmash outpriotise his glideattack so when he tries that smash him.
Ftilt out of gerudo is good damage/kill move.
I find Dtilt realy usefull in this matchup. use it if you like.
Suprise him with wizkick, and mindgame him with gerudo (as always).
Sheild is your friend in this matchup you will need it.
Ftilt hits his Tornado if timed right. Same with Fsmash but its harder.

I might add stuff later. matchup is prob 25-75 in MKs favour cus of the gimping and overwhelming with attacks.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXtRBBmhPZA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XJYVOU1NXo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1fXWXMprU&feature=related - lol

I know they are online but you dont HAVE to watch it...

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I like fighting MKs and like to mess with their recovery.

When MK's recover they usually use SideB, at a diagonal they just press and hold up and that's where you edgehog them to make MK bounce up after SideB is finished. They're high up and in a helpless state so you can do many things to them. You could Ledgejump and dair them or DownB if they're slightly behind you for a flashy spike. You could Get-up normally and grab release to DownB or use an ftilt/fsmash.

They are so many things you do to punish afterward but some only work depending on how high he goes.

Also to punish Nado approaches, Ftilt and Fsmash beat it at the first few seconds of Nado like Tonsana said. Short Hop then Double Jump dair is very good for a punish like in the Rain vs Li match.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I think Fsmash outpriotise his glideattack so when he tries that smash him.
As far as I know, MK's Glide Attack cancels out Ganon's Fsmash if both attacks' hitbubbles appear at the same time.

It's a matter of timing who wins the duel.
The one hitting the other first wins.

I'd still say Fsmash Vs Glide-win ratio is in MK's favor.
Though, MK has more to lose if he does get hit ^^

Match-up ratio:
Ganon Vs MK 15:85(online 05:95)

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
it may be like you said Z1g. Im gonna keep try that one out until Im sure who wins, Glideattackl or Fsmash.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I had the chance to play M2K for a short bit, and it was... gruesome to say the least. MK has so many ways to put you up in the air and when that happens, it just becomes harrassment with Uair juggles, aerial comboes, or a strong hit from that borked Shuttle Loop that sends you away ready to get gimped. Thunderstomps aren't going to do much because MK can either shieldgrab you or simply jump and hit you with Uair before the move connects, and MK's short height neuters the rest of Ganon's aerial moveset. The best Ganon can do is to be patient, don't jump until he has to, and hope that MK gets reckless and leaves himself open to punishment. Otherwise, this matchup is not going to be pretty.

Fun conversation I had after playing M2K:
"How do I not get ***** by Metaknight's Uair?"
"You're Ganon!"
*Laughter at what was a very sad truth*

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Ye, and Ganon's Fsmash gets canceled out, but not Glide since it's an aerial.
No, MK's glide attack works like a special. It will clash with any normal move, aerial, or special. Provided the other clash conditions exist (i.e., close in power level, appropriate collision of hitboxes).

It doesn't go through anything, like MK's transcendent attacks, so you'd think 'ah, at least.' But considering what GA does for Meta Knight and the autocancelling you get, it's just even more gay.
You have to overpower the attack or you have to have his attack actually miss your hurtbox while you hit his. Since the second one amounts to saying the MK screwed up - you have to overpower the attack.

If Ganon's Fsmash can't do it, nothing can.

By the way, MK's dash attack, for some God awful reason, works like a special. Sakurai just hated us that much.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If Ganon's Fsmash can't do it, nothing can.
I've actually had greater success with Usmash, due to its big disjointednezz.

Also a iDA-Counter Attack works wonders at times. It can really surprise MK with its speed and range.

And Fair, if timed properly, is awesome.
Ganon is hiding his hitbox from the opponent during the start-up, and then he attacks from 'above', with the hitbubble in lead, while still holding back (sort of protecting) the rest of his body/hurtboxes.

So, as far as I know: Fsmash, Usmash, iDA and Fair are your best bets.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
The thing is with the Fsmash is that Ganon leans back before attacking. That can make the MK miss the Glideattack and you smashes him instead....

Top Bottom