• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Discovery: Reverse Grab Smash

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
You know that when you grab your opponent, when he will see you charging your smash, he will DI the best he can to avoid death.
Now THIS is over.
This thing is usefull around 90% 100%, to make your opponent help you to kill him :D

This is what you have to do:

_YO_______ <=== This is a stage
Y = You
O = Opponent

You grab him near the edge, then you begin to charge a forward smash with nana.
Then you do a b throw with your popo, and guess what, nana will turnaround !! Don't forget to release the smash.
If you are good in timing, your opponent will make a DI to the left, and will be smashed in the left, so he will go faster and longer
You can easily kill him in this was with only 90%

[edit] Thanks Smaci92 for the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5__REdR54b4

smaci92

Smash Lord
awesome...I've never thought of this...I'm pretty sure this is gonna be useful...so I'll add this thread to the useful thread index...:)

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I used to uthrow reverse fsmash a lot. dthrow reverse of fsmash also works.

However, nowadays I almost always KO out of CGs with P usmash or N fair.

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot, smaci92, this is the thing :D

It's pretty usefull, and awesome. I'm gonna edit my first post with your video.

There are many other things you can do because nana turnaround. I'll try to search deeper :D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Very nice... though it's hard to say if it's new =)
I think I've pulled it of by mistake a few times..

Nice vid nontheless! =)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This doesn't seem like a big deal, if it's a F-smash, they should be DI'ing up anyway.
If you are facing right then they should be DI'ing up and to the left. Fsmash does not send you completly horizontally and you want do DI perpendicular to your trajectory. So by doing with it would in fact make them DI horribly assuming they DI'ed properly in the first place.

Good stuff TC.

I still prefer to just kill with Usmash out of CG's though.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah Usmash is more reliable, and they should be at a percent where it will always kill anyways. But this would be fun to do anyways.

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
Up smash kills at 110%
i think that with that method, if we are near the enge, very close to it, and that the opponent is DI'ing like he should do, he could die at 70%.

Anyway, it's an alternative to U Smash huh, not so bad if your opponents complain that you always do the same thing. xD

The thing is to have fun with your opponent, showing him that his Di killed him :laugh:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Nice fine, I remember I did this when I was fooling around with them in Training Mode, and it came to this. ;)

Also, when Nana charges one of her smashes and Popo turns around, she'll turn around also. And that's why when Popo does the b-throw, because maybe you tilt the control stick to the other side and probably Nana smashed the opponent on the other side. :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Up smash kills at 110%
i think that with that method, if we are near the enge, very close to it, and that the opponent is DI'ing like he should do, he could die at 70%.

Anyway, it's an alternative to U Smash huh, not so bad if your opponents complain that you always do the same thing. xD

The thing is to have fun with your opponent, showing him that his Di killed him :laugh:
Charged upsmash kills marth in the 70's. It's easy to get a fully charged smash. Just Dthrow to nana then start charging and then bthrow.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was just about to say that. XD
wow hylian...nice new sig! :) I likes it!
Thanks ^_^.

Whenever the forum awards come around, vote for my sig LOL.

Last year I got 3rd place next to gimpyfish and sugarpoultry with my old sig >_>.

Considering how awesome my new sig is...

Yeah...

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I've used the reverse foward smash for finishers because the top part of the swing, and the hitbox when it connects with the floor are where that smash is strongest. I only do it if I know the opponent isn't trying to escape or I've haven't spammed the smash attack. I also use it on fastfallers, so they can die eaiser. I generally don't throw the opponent when I do charge it.

If you want to kill of a back throw, up smash for a finisher is much easier. But this does open up options to those who didn't know.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yeeehz, great find, I´ve been thinking about how to mindgame the opponents DI like uthrow to reverse Fsmash in melee, I´ll defenitly learn and use this tnx^^

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
Hylian, when you want to charge U Smash AT max, you do a D throw. Now it could be the same thing

Nana D throw ==> Popo Grab ===> B Throw
__________ ==> Nana charging Smash ===> Release smash fully charged

isn't it?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Hylian, when you want to charge U Smash AT max, you do a D throw. Now it could be the same thing

Nana D throw ==> Popo Grab ===> B Throw
__________ ==> Nana charging Smash ===> Release smash fully charged

isn't it?
I don't understand... Oh wait, I see. You should start charging when you throw him to Popo, so the opponent has less time to break out.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
This is really awesome and cool and all, but about 3 or 4 months ago I posted something similar about nana being able to turn around while doing the charging smash, but I think being that I don't main ice climbers made me lack credibility when I said this, and also I might have needed to explain my find better. But I'm glad that now people do understand this technique and have found good use for it. Congrats to you!

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
If you DS and nana is charging a smash, could it be possible to make her turn around?

Not in a grab I mean.

Top Bottom