• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yeah! Ness has a chaingrab, on himself.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Possibly derived from Sonic's chain grab on Ness, Ness has a fast enough dash grab to regrab Ness if you buffer it. (I used a CPU, no one was home so it's not 100% accurate)

Discuss.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol since ness ditto's are fun im going to try this in them.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
This should be wrong. It has been tested before and the answer was No, test on humans. If it does work then cool.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I thought this was old news, i noticed it a while ago
I've used it on human players, lucas, ike, snake, and some more but i dont remember

I'm sure DI ****s it up though, cause the Ike/snake player doesn't know about di etc

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's don't know DI? You poor little soul. you shouldn't make silly assumptions about other players cause of a few scrubs you played.

This Is all dittos are becoming.. Cging each other

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness dash grab is really fast. I think he can CG Lucas. Not sure, and since Ness is short, no EIDI for Lucas.

Do you know whats cool? If Ness could chain grab OTHER characters.

Yeah, Im going to test it again.

lucas, ike, snake,

Let's pray that it's a chain grab. Oh and BUFFER IT!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Test on human players. And I've been doing some grab release stuff and when Ness releases someone from a grab, he recovers from it as fast as Meta knight.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought for sure this was in Earthbound360's PK Cross Guide. rel_12 was doing this to me a few days back. It really isn't fun for the other player. I believe this is what they call a sad grab?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Not really because if you do it then they just learned how to.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Ike's don't know DI? You poor little soul. you shouldn't make silly assumptions about other players cause of a few scrubs you played.

This Is all dittos are becoming.. Cging each other
lol I never said It was a definite thing, I said I've done it on others. But the person who I played that was snake and ike doesn't get the concept of DI.

Either way, it would only be applicable for maybe two grabs, afterward the person can DI away.
But it can be used to mindgame people from the usual Grab>fthrow or grab>dthrow to aerials.

Idk, someone has to test with Full DI.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
wow... that's amazing... just like how DDD can chainthrow himself and Sheik can tiltlock itself.

Levitas

the moon
... What about break DI? Please tell me you tested this on people that were taking correct countermeasures...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
So if this official, Ness now has a 7-3 match-up, with himself.
Actually All dittos are neutral because of what one character can do, the other can do to the other.

Thing is this was tested before an proven false...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196207
3. Dash Grab
As with standard grab, I recorded video of each dash grab, and then I counted the number of frames between starting animation and shielding. I attempted multiple grabs from various distances and compared images, choosing the farthest as the "longest". The measurement is taken from the first frame of grab animation. There is a certain degree of estimation and guessing for this step, but most measurements should still be within one frame or 1/10th of a block.

A. Duration

47 frames
-Link
-Toon Link
46 frames
-Zero Suit Samus
40 frames
-Lucas
36 frames
-Samus
31 frames
-Yoshi
25 frames
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
24 frames
-Ivysaur
22 frames
-Sheik
20 frames
-Diddy Kong
-Wario
-Pit
-Ice Climbers
-R.O.B.
-King Dedede
-Olimar
-Fox
-Squirtle
-Marth
-Ike
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Snake
19 frames
-Peach
-Ganondorf
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-Falco
-Wolf
-Captain Falcon
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-Jigglypuff
-Sonic
18 frames
-Mario
-Luigi
-Zelda
-Charizard
17 frames
-Ness

Ness' dash grab is faster than Sonic. He Sonic can chain grab Ness, im pretty sure Ness can too.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Don't you understand that dash grab speed isn't the only thing that matters here?

Do you know why Bowser is so apt at exploiting grab breaks? It's not because his dash grab is so fast (it's quite slow); it's because he recovers quickly from a grab break.

Here is a list of things that matter:
(1) how fast Ness's dash grab is
(2) how far the opponent slides with proper DI
(3) how quickly Ness can act after a grab break

You seem to be basing your entire hypothesis around (1), even though the other two matter more.

_clinton

Smash Master
I thought for sure that Jigglypuff's Dash grab was better then Ness'
Oh well...Ness has speed...but JP has range...

Yeah...JP's Dash Grab is very sexy...

_clinton

Smash Master
Ness' dash grab range is of course...sexy ^_^

It is the same as JP's in length...however JP doesn't have a blind spot at the start of his/hers...so...that is why I like it more...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Even if it's not gaurantee, I'd do it a couple of times til the Ness got used to it, then stop. It's some free damage =) I actually do this on so many characters, they fall for it because they don't see it coming, then next time they side dodge or roll only to find themselves welcomed by a short hopped down air.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Even if it's not gaurantee, I'd do it a couple of times til the Ness got used to it, then stop. It's some free damage =) I actually do this on so many characters, they fall for it because they don't see it coming, then next time they side dodge or roll only to find themselves welcomed by a short hopped down air.
Ditto.
;)

10charas

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I would like someone who has a lot of experience with this kind of stuff to do testing, like Ref or someone. IIRC, even Sonic shouldnt have one.

Even so, it doesnt do so much damage if you SGB.

Top Bottom