• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Stage Discussion: #1 Battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glick

Smash Lord
So many threads! Hard to breath!
Also, BF is a decent stage when you don't have to rely on rollout. Although you can rollout from one side platform towards the stage and not fall off. Mindgames, son. You can hide/camp from people using the platforms.

Personally I don't counterpick this for jiggz if I lose first game because I use it as a kirby stage. I cant use the same stage more if I win on it, thanks to daves stupid rule.

Also alex go edit the jiggly battles thread.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I don't like this stage because all the platforms interfere with Jigglypuff's gameplay. She can't hit through the platforms without aerials so it is very hard to punish opponents up high as opposed to Marth who can just use U-tilt or the like.

And the Jiggly battles thread is fine, I'm keeping it that way.

PND

Smash Champion
I personally hate this level for Jiggs. It's good for my Wario, Snake, and Falco, though, so I usually keep it in play instead of banning it.

The spacing of the platforms really inhibits Jiggs play style, or at least mine. She can't hit through the platforms as Alex mentioned, and if she's above the opponent she will have a hard time making it down to them. Not only that, the spacing of the platforms can ruin your bair chains with proper teching. That's the gist of why I dislike this level.

But Snake and Wario love this level, and Falco is more than competent on it. :) But that has no bearing on this discussion.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I personally hate this level for Jiggs. It's good for my Wario, Snake, and Falco, though, so I usually keep it in play instead of banning it.

The spacing of the platforms really inhibits Jiggs play style, or at least mine. She can't hit through the platforms as Alex mentioned, and if she's above the opponent she will have a hard time making it down to them. Not only that, the spacing of the platforms can ruin your bair chains with proper teching. That's the gist of why I dislike this level.

But Snake and Wario love this level, and Falco is more than competent on it. :) But that has no bearing on this discussion.
I completely agree and if I get stuck on a top platform near somebody, I generally just have to float to the nearest ledge so I'm not punished...

I personally think this is a 3/10 for Jigglypuff, definitely not terrible but not great by any stretch and is fairly bad for the puff.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
RE-POST: (thanks PNDmike) can you explain a little better why BF is a counterpick? as long as you stay under the platforms or over them and under your opponent your at an advantage. its easy to poke through them. i slightly dissagree with it. it is dangourus though.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
RE-POST: (thanks PNDmike) can you explain a little better why BF is a counterpick? as long as you stay under the platforms or over them and under your opponent your at an advantage. its easy to poke through them. i slightly dissagree with it. it is dangourus though.
its not its a bad stage for Jigglypuff. I have it in the bad stages for Jigglypuff in the guide.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Illinialex I have a question about BF and rest.

Do you think the platforms would make landing rest easier? Like float thru the platform and rest your opponent. It should KO easier too since the ceiling is lower than FD and the opponent is higher off the ground as well.

I don't know much about Jiggly counterpicks I'm too busy working on my Donkey Kong and Falco game to be able to contribute, sorry. =/

PND

Smash Champion
As with any platform, landing lag into rest is VERY applicable, provided you practice it enough. Battlefield does lend that to the puff, but so does Lylat which I far prefer for her.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Ohh...I agree Mike. I think Lyat is a really good stage for Jiggs because of the screwed up platforms can allow her to duck under projectiles. But thats for another discussion.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ohh...I agree Mike. I think Lyat is a really good stage for Jiggs because of the screwed up platforms can allow her to duck under projectiles. But thats for another discussion.
It helps but its not that much and I find the platforms hurt a lot more. I find however, that Lylat really traps Jigglypuff and its essentially a death trap for her. Just my opinion but I've played a vicious Falco in there and I didn't do anything to him. Everytime I'd go on the platform he would punish me but he just annihilated me underneath. It was a while ago but not pretty.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Can you guys please post the ratings you guys believe this stage has for Jigglypuff. I gave it a 3/10, your own thoughts rating wise? (Sorry for the double post but this needed to be added).

PND

Smash Champion
I wish I could help out with that but I can't really quantify stages on a numerical scale. As in, my brain straight up can't comprehend it. I'm trying, but I'm hitting a mental wall. :( Too much is dependent on the character you're facing, their playstyle, your own, and just general preference. I don't mind saying my thoughts on a level, but rating it is an entire other ordeal.

If I had to, I'd change the rating scale to:

:( - :urg: - :ohwell: - :) - :chuckle:

I'd put it at a :urg:, not quite :(, but not quite good enough to be :ohwell:

Use that randomness as you'd like. Even with that scale, it's too hard to give what I feel is an accurate rating.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I wish I could help out with that but I can't really quantify stages on a numerical scale. As in, my brain straight up can't comprehend it. I'm trying, but I'm hitting a mental wall. :( Too much is dependent on the character you're facing, their playstyle, your own, and just general preference. I don't mind saying my thoughts on a level, but rating it is an entire other ordeal.

If I had to, I'd change the rating scale to:

:( - :urg: - :ohwell: - :) - :chuckle:

I'd put it at a :urg:, not quite :(, but not quite good enough to be :ohwell:

Use that randomness as you'd like. Even with that scale, it's too hard to give what I feel is an accurate rating.
So I'd say a 4 or 3 from PND.

PND

Smash Champion
Something around there. I'm trying to base it purely from my emotion when I random neutral it in a tournament scenario.

The thing is, I don't mind this stage against most heavyweights or certain projectile campers. Not enough to be :), but a solid :ohwell: but against certain characters GamerWatch I'm pretty much at the :( end of the spectrum, but a lot of that could just be character based. It's really hard to distinguish my feelings on this issue.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Something around there. I'm trying to base it purely from my emotion when I random neutral it in a tournament scenario.

The thing is, I don't mind this stage against most heavyweights or certain projectile campers. Not enough to be :), but a solid :ohwell: but against certain characters GamerWatch I'm pretty much at the :( end of the spectrum, but a lot of that could just be character based. It's really hard to distinguish my feelings on this issue.
Yeah, thats what I tried to do. It'll get harder for me on other stages... Oh yeah and I updated the guide. Its looking pretty good, its now got damage percents with move decay and I'm going to add in knockback percent reduction and frame data for each move.

PND

Smash Champion
Sick. Checking it out now. I plan on testing some grab release stuff with my little bro tomorrow at some point. I noticed that we have nothing on it, or whether or not it's even useful. I'm going to attempt to test on every character, factoring in DI, air break and ground break. I'm pretty sure ground break we can't do anything, but I'm going to try out every option I can think of. If anything noteworthy pops up I'll post in the guide.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sick. Checking it out now. I plan on testing some grab release stuff with my little bro tomorrow at some point. I noticed that we have nothing on it, or whether or not it's even useful. I'm going to attempt to test on every character, factoring in DI, air break and ground break. I'm pretty sure ground break we can't do anything, but I'm going to try out every option I can think of. If anything noteworthy pops up I'll post in the guide.
Nice, this should be awesome. I'm got a 30 fps capture card and I'll do all the moves in 2x slow mo so that way I get 60 fps. I should get perfect frame data. As for knockback, it can be done by going to Luigi's Mansion, degenerating the move on the pillar and then hitting the opponent with the move. Check the maximum knockback in the stats at the end of the game and your all good. Its almost worthless knowing the numbers but percentage is fairly useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom