• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Important Update 6/19: I'd like this tournament to be a success so please spread the word. I'm also looking for a sig maker to make a sig to help advertise so if you know anyone good, please send them here.

They came from different places...
different backgrounds...
with many different interests...
but they all had one thing in common...

The Need To Brawl

Time passed and they stayed together but things began to fade around them.
This summer...
they fight to keep their community alive.

Requiem For A Brawl

Will they succeed?
The choice is up to you...

Coming to the OTL, June 2009.

Important update 2/18: This is the chatroom we'll be using for my tournaments.

http://xat.com/MagicPetesCrazyBrawlFunhouse1

This is essentially my gift to the world. Treasure it always.

Tournament Results

Boss Butch

1. ~Peachy~
2. mcmuff1nman
3. Pentasalia

Basic Tournament Description

Road to Glory: In this tournament dedicated to Sir 0rion and in memory of cba, you choose a character board you want to represent and fight your way to the top.

IN ORDER TO KEEP SOME OF THE CHARACTER BOARDS FROM GETTING COMPLETELY *****, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY AS THE CHARACTER YOUR BOARD REPRESENTS. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU WANT TO REPRESENT THE LINK BOARDS BUT CHOOSE TO PLAY AS SNAKE, THAT'S PERFECTLY OKAY. ALTHOUGH IT'S NOT REQUIRED, IT IS PREFERRED THAT YOU TRY TO USE YOUR CHARACTER IN AT LEAST ONE MATCH.

Prize Alert! Habba Jeeba Joe, I've done it again! The prize for this tournament is 20 dollars worth of Wii/Microsoft/PSN points (the winner will decide which upon... well... winning)

Simply leave your name and the character board you want to represent. In order to avoid too much representation for one board, a four person limit will be set and once it's filled up, you'll have to represent another.

Don't want to wait? Send me a PM and I'll put you in ahead of time.[/size]

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:

Update 11/21: All the times on this schedule are in CENTRAL Time. If you live in the Pacific timezone, subtract two hours (ex; 2PM instead of 4PM). If you live in the Mountain timezone, subtract just one hour. If you live in the Eastern time zone, add one hour. If you live anywhere in Great Britian (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) aside from the very most Western side of Ireland, add six hours. If you live on Mars, please add 6 months. I hope this clears things up.

This tournament offically starts on June 26 and ends on July 3.

Time Schedule
To be posted within in the week.

Because of my infinite benevolence, deadlines may be extended if multiple complications arise (especially in the later rounds).

Basic Rules For This Tournament:

1. 3 stock, no items, and no time limit.

2. Pick any character you want. This tournament has no character limitations.

3. Only the legal stages are allowed.

4. First stage is agreed on by both players. Loser picks the next stage.

5. Quitting, restarting the match, stalling for longer than 10 seconds (like with Mario's cape stalling or Jigglypuff's rising pound), and purposely SDing will lead to disqualification.

6. Chain grabs, spamming, suicides (like Ganondorf's and King Dedede’s) and locks are allowed. No johns about players who do any of these things excessively. It’s YOUR fault if you can’t get past them. Play to win. All of these are legitimate strategies and can be overcome. Personally, I’d recommend counterpicking stages if you really have a problem with them.

7. No pissing.

8. No moaning.

9. A combination of 7 and 8 will not be tolerated either.

10. After a set, report your results here. Every set is best two out of three except for the semi finals and finals which will be best three out of five

Legal Stages:

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege

Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

If it ain't here, it ain't legal; no exceptions (without a cash bribe).

Brackets for Current Tournament

The Combatants per Tournament

Unless the tournament is invite only, please just leave your name in order to sign up. Reminders will be sent once two brackets are filled. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHOWING UP, NO WHINING IF YOU GET LEFT BEHIND.

1. 8bitman-:rob:
2. mcmuff1nman- :olimar:
3. kirbywizard- :olimar:
4. thesilentmarth- :marth:
5. demonfart- :pt:
6. the nameless wanderer- :ike:
7. commander_beef- :dedede:
8. zen1- :luigi2:
9. pentasalia- :gw:
10. ~~Ari~~- :rob:
11. shadowfirex100- :lucario:
12. ~Pink Fresh~- :lucas:
13. Aryman- :diddy:
14. Kawaiibunny!- :popo:
15. gamingblack- :toonlink:
16. Ugg- :diddy:
17. Rukkiko- :marth:
18. rocklee10- :metaknight:
19. stafy- :falco:
20. aljay- :ike:
21. bunnyma- :snake:
22. ~Peachy~ :peach:
23. 2Sko- :dk2:
24. Mr.Victory07- :dk2:
25. Choknater- :shiek:
26. Sir Bevedere- :sonic:
27. socandrewcer- :metaknight:
28. dabuz- :olimar:
29. lordofthemorning- :lucario:
30. mystickenji- :ike:
31. forged- :lucario:
32. fearthemateria- :fox:
33. chaco- :yoshi2:
34. thunder of zeus- :marth:

Standby list

1. highfive- :falcon:

FAQ

1. "What if my opponent doesn't show up?"

I will personally be sending a PM to everyone about a week before the tourney starts to let them know that they entered. If they still don't show up, you'll be the one that advances while they'll be disqualified IF you are here.

2. "I loathe Metaknight/Snake... Can't you just ban them?"

No, I can't because all characters are legal in this tournament and that would go against the nature of competitive smashing. If you really have a problem with these characters, pick carefully who you want to use and learn how to properly counterpick stages. It may still be a hard fight but making the right decisions will help lighten the load.

3. "My opponent *insert attack/tactic here* too much. Are you seriously going to allow it?"

Read rules 6-9. Play to win even if it means playing outlandishly gay to get the upper hand.

4. "There's a buttload of lag, what should I do?"

Play through it unless it's absolutely game stopping then the situation will be dealt with accordingly. It's one of the curses of online play, unfortunately. Play at your own risk.

5. "This is my first online tournament... I'm scared...hold me... what should I do?"

Do your best. The purpose of your first tournament is to evaluate your tactics/playstle and learn about the various people you'll be butting skulls with if you decide to join more in the future. Learn who they main and what they do. Don't be overly concerned about how high you place. To put it bluntly, if you expect to win your first tournament with ease than you're a moron.

6. "If I don't make it to the quarter finals, does that mean I'm a failure at life?"

No; don't be overly concerned about how you place but, rather, who you beat. If you lose to someone you normally 3 stock on a regular basis, there's definately a problem. If you beat someone who has won or made it to the quarter finals in any of the online tournaments here, you should accept it as a pretty big accomplishment if you've never done so before. Trust me, people are going to care a lot more if you three stock someone like Zeonstar in the first round than if you don't even make to the quarter finals. Again, it's a learning experience so treat it as such.

7. "What's your next tournament going to be?"

Something involving stuff.

8. *random question here*

BS statistic time: 95% of the questions commonly asked can be answered by reading the first post.

9. "How do I get in contact with my opponent?"

Like always, I'll be providing a chatroom to use during the tournament. Hopefully the Friend Finder will be up again soon and we can use that too. If, for some reason, you can't use either of these, simply use PMs.

10. "I have a friend/brother/sister/cousin/land lord/insurance agent who wants to play too; can they enter?"

Why yes; yes they can. If you are sharing the same Wii, simply make a note of it. Also be sure to tell me which name they want to go by and which character they want to use.

11. "What's the best way to practice for this tournament?"

Just ask people for matches. Honestly, one of the best things about these tournaments is how close some of us have become. On the weekends, I'm available just about anytime so feel free to hit me up if you need help or just want to fight. Even though I use everybody, don't be afraid to ask around if you need help with certain characters. For example, Glyph is really good with ROB, Aryman is awesome with Snake, and Zeonstar is just plain scary with Ganondorf. If you want my recommendations for mains of almost every character, just send me a PM.

I hope this tournament will help the OTL board get back on its feet. With that being said, do your best to show up and bring your A game so this tournament series can be as fun as possible. Happy Smashing Everyone!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Hallo! I'll read the rest later, looks a bit complicated. But I wanna join all of ze ones I'm legible to join O:

Snare

Smash Lord
i think im the only one left awake to read this today fmoi :p

ill signs up ^^

edit: dang you barge! T.T

Barge

I finished reading it all. Looks interesting.

I predict this thread will have over 400 pages by the time you make a new thread.

Barge

Eesh, don't worry FM, I'll get better with Ice climbers by the time cosby bebop comes around.

Barge

I'll go out on a limb and enter for the hit me with your best smash.
I don't even know if I'm invited buttttt

Ice Climbers/Marth

I'll also join Evolution of smash
as ness/ice climbers/toon link

cba

Smash Master
OHHHH GOD FM, you just made us ALL feel super special. ill join cosbey bebop because i HAVE to. no less. and ill have to wait for the invite onlys...BTW FM the "results" youre talking about are abou rankings on your tourneys or in general?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
OHHHH GOD FM, you just made us ALL feel super special. ill join cosbey bebop because i HAVE to. no less. and ill have to wait for the invite onlys...BTW FM the "results" youre talking about are abou rankings on your tourneys or in general?
What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about in this thread or in Helter Skelter?

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'll be in, but I don't get this team thing? Are they actual teams or just brackets?

Main will be Yoshi, of course, but I am still deciding on if I should take either Pit, or Luigi

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll be in, but I don't get this team thing? Are they actual teams or just brackets?

Main will be Yoshi, of course, but I am still deciding on if I should take either Pit, or Luigi
Go Luigi, only because I think he's better :laugh: Btw, I just realized you live in BC, as in you're really close to where I live. If its alright I'd like to brawl you sometime

Anyways, sign me up for that first invite tourney! I'll be using Luigi as my first choice, but I'm not sure who to choose as my 2nd character. Its between Peach and Zelda. I'll get back to you on that one.

And I guess you can go ahead and sign me up for the two public tourneys. Great ideas btw

Mmac

Smash Lord
I can't even get to the mainland, let alone get to the mainland then cross the rockies to Alberta.

I wish I could eat a Blue Shell in real life

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Go Luigi, only because I think he's better :laugh: Btw, I just realized you live in BC, as in you're really close to where I live. If its alright I'd like to brawl you sometime

Anyways, sign me up for that first invite tourney! I'll be using Luigi as my first choice, but I'm not sure who to choose as my 2nd character. Its between Peach and Zelda. I'll get back to you on that one.

And I guess you can go ahead and sign me up for the two public tourneys. Great ideas btw
From what I've experienced against you, I'd recommend you using Zelda.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
From what I've experienced against you, I'd recommend you using Zelda.
Hmm........you think? Peach is more reliable than Zelda sometimes, but if I get some practice with Zelda right before the tourney than my Zelda usually does better.

Sure! I'll use Zelda this time.

bunnyma

Smash Journeyman
:)

Yea! This is my very first post on smashboards and it feels good. Bunnyma is my name, hear me roar.......heh. FMOI, sign me up buddy ol' chum. Snake and Falco are my two picks for this. By the way, I love your cowboy bebop-ish theme for these tourneys. Cool! :)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
for the invite tourney i shall be picking olimar/ kirby

and i would also like to sign up for the bebop one as well, zeon, if you read this would you wanna partner with me in that?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm checking in for the first tourney. I'll be using ROB and a different colored ROB.

Fine, Wario.

Halaster

Smash Ace
I'm RSVP'ing for Hit Me With Your Best Smash. I think I'm going to have to be cheap and use Falco as my first character (shame on me). I'm thinking my other character will be Mario, but that is subject to change.

I'll also sign up for Evolution of Smash, please. I think I will use the three Spacies for that (Guess I'll have to do some work with my Wolf).

I'll withhold on any other signups for now.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
This is my RSVP for the Hit with your best smash tourney. i'll be using Ness and R.O.B.

Also i hope the teams don't get stacked in the cosby bebop.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I accept my invite.

"Hit Me With Your Best Smash."

I'll use Sonic/ICs

Evolution of Smash:

Pikachu/ICs/Sonic

I'll also be in Cosby bebop

I'm also going to offline tourneys so hopefully they don't overlap.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm in for the Hit me with your Best Smash, GaW/Pokemon Trainer.

I'll be in the Evo of Smash and also Cosby Bebop

Evo of Smash:

Jiggs/G&W/PT

Barge

Bump for great justice!
I shall be back later to get your thread 5 more pages!

(Seriously, I'm accountable for like 5 pages in your last thread :p)

Can I join evolution of smash as well?

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Fmoi Im in thanks for inviting me:D
Chars mario and luigi please For Hit me with your best smash

For evo of smash i would like mario ganondorf and toon link

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Yay! ^__^ Thanks for the invite to the "Hit me with your best Smash" Tourney! ^__^

♥Does it have a prize? :dizzy:

♥And I'm wondering if Zelda/Sheik is allowed....... if not then I'll go with Peach and Kirby! ;)

♥ Sign me up for the two public tourneys as well! ^__^

♥Hmmmm.. for the evolution of Smash..... Kirby, Peach and Pit! ^__^

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Thanks for the invitation, man. Sign me up, and I'll be (tentatively) joining as Yoshi/Game & Watch.

cba

Smash Master
i was thinking about teams, a really good team would be Dabuz, Zeon☆, Ecellence, Aryman.

cba

Smash Master
What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about in this thread or in Helter Skelter?
just saying that you said "keep a close eye on the results", so i *** thinking if it was the results in general(like in other tourneys) or only in your tourneys.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Woah... a lot of RSVP's already... I'll have open another window to get them all down...

@ ~Peachy~:

No, there's no prize until Cosby Bebop because I'm going to be spending 50 bucks on the winning team.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Here's my entry info:
"Hit me with your best smash": Snake and Falco
"Evolution of smash": Pikachu, Falco, Snake
"into the unknown": Snake
"Cosby Bebop": Team/char TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom