• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/07/08 LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY: Brawl Singles at University of Kentucky

Delvro

Smash Ace
(To Moderators: Northern Kentucky seems to be stuck between the Midwest and the two Atlantic zones: if this is in the wrong place, I apologize)

The UK gaming club (www.ukmsu.org) is running its 4th smash bros. tournament (and the 2nd Brawl one) on Nov. 7th. I've helped run all of the previous tournaments, and they have always been loads of fun. The local smash scene is really well-mannered, and we have recently gotten good turnout (44 players in our last tournament) as well as some very skilled players, from Lexington alone.

This year we are hoping to direct some regional attention from competitive players hoping to make a few bucks.

If you think you've got the COURAGE to stand up to our best competitors;

If you think you've got the BRASS to endure hours of grueling matches;

Then this tournament is for you!

By the way, we will have 4 matches running at a time during the tournament (up previously from 3)

Tournament style is Double Elimination, 4 stock 10 minute (3 stock 8 minutes if 56 people show up). The reason for this decision is that local competitors prefer getting two "chances" to progress in the tournament, rather than simply doing best 2 out of three Single Elimination (time restraints prevent us from doing both.) HOWEVER, in the final rounds, we will increase the set to best 2 out of 3.
Some stages are banned, for more info contact me via email, info is on the ad.
Other than this most rules are similar to the SBR rules~

Here's the ad (I made it myself!):

Top Bottom