• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah I know all that, I'm just saying if our up b beat her dair she literally should not ever being getting back down once she's in the air. Since it doesn't, she still has a chance atleast if we space poorly with uair.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Are you sure Peach can PS/Fair ZSS on a well spaced side B? Peach's Fair according to their frame data hits on frame 16 plus however many frames it takes to drop the shield (2-3 I think on a PS) . Seems like it should be too slow. How many frames of lag are there after side B?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Are you sure Peach can PS/Fair ZSS on a well spaced side B? Peach's Fair according to their frame data hits on frame 16 plus however many frames it takes to drop the shield (2-3 I think on a PS) . Seems like it should be too slow. How many frames of lag are there after side B?
It might sound iffy, but only if you think about Peach double jumping and spacing her fair. If she autofloats (jump and leave down pressed) then fairs immediately, I wouldn't doubt she can do it after a powershield.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Ummm well anyone actually know the amount of frames of lag on a side B? Best data I could find was

Plasma Whip (Forward B); Hitboxes out on frames: 24, 33 (total frames 43)

This would indicate ten frames of lag (off the second hitbox) which would be not enough for an fair. If they hit the first hitbox they could do it but they'd have to be frame perfect.

But I feel like either my data is inaccurate or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The Lucas boards are now dicussing the ZSS MU. Your help is appreciated.
Here is the :link2:

solecalibur

Smash Master
Even with zss' new motivation of activities I dont think we are gonna budge on this topic anytime soon =X

Zero

Smash Hero
The MU number doesn't represent the effort we have to put into actually winning. It's ridiculous how much focus you need to play ZSS and not get punished.

ZSS is going up next tier list, up to 3 places.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Wish I could agree with that. As much as I'd like to see her going up, I have my doubts that she will. Some other characters have shown a bit more improvement than she has, so her placement is probably going to drop a few spaces.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Someone leaked the SBR's discussion on the tier list. It was all over different Smash sites. It's not like it was finalized or anything though, but I have no intention of sharing the pieces of it that I have seen if they've already cleaned up most of the leaked information.

But from the *confirmation* that was stated above, just saying that.
Nothing more, nothing less.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
I love the ZSS boards, they're fun. If she went down it wouldn't bother me, if we use a character well, we essentially want them in F tier, amirite?

TheZeroSuit

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna bother with a write up, if someone wants to do it, I'll post it. Changing from toon link to
Sheik

Top Bottom