• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm sorry for bugging you guys again but do you mind and coming back and answering some of the Fox's questions and tell us about Fox vs. ZSS stages. Thanks again.

Zero

Smash Hero
lol, reading the actual MU thread, Peach has inferiority issues. lol. Maybe it's 'cause ZSS is actually viable. (H)

TheZeroSuit

Smash Cadet
I decided to just throw Sheik in the even category since most people agree it's somewhere from 45-55 to 55-45. Moving on to:
PIT:

solecalibur

Smash Master
PITS TILTS </3
I say its 60/40 because we completely
-wreck his air game
-we can PUNCH his arrows to be neutralized (Most pit mains will aim it out of the way just a funny thing to know)
-Arrow looping is a very stupid AT
- We beat his planking game (Time when he comes up then Over B or Dsmash)

What we fail at
-Getting annoying by his arrows
-Tilts / his jabs
-His kill potential is a little better then ours but not by much
-We are approaching (almost always)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
NO WAY does ZSS win this match-up, seriously. I know you guys don't believe me with **** like this so I'm going to get someone you will believe to talk a little about it.

This match-up is a soft counter.

EDIT: Ok my ace in the hole has decided he doesn't want to post so :(

Snakeee

Smash Master
...I like forgot Pit was in this game :laugh:
He does beat ZSS though by a little bit simply bc he forces an approach and then he has kinda an advantage at close range.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Agreed that pit has an advantage. Not unwinnable though

40-60 max

Arrows are **** annoying, and disrupt our game. F-smash really fast and fairly strong. All his multi-hit moves suck you in and do a fair bit of damage.

We have a small edge in the air, but nothing major.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Disagreed with Pit having the advantage. BTW I think we can counter his uair with dair and we'll trade hits (aka he cant plank us)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Dead
Even.

Pit doesn't EVER kill you. It's pretty funny actually.
Arrows aren't really that bad. If you move around enough, you can dodge most of them.
Side-B can be SDIed, or you can space it with grab/side-b/d-smash.
Pit's jabs are good... very good.
Pit's D-smash/D-tilt/F-smash come out fast as ****, so that's annoying.
We run at the same speed as a Pit's up-B, so we catch him on FD.

Take Pit to YI/FD/CS.
50:50

solecalibur

Smash Master
Someone is going to have to show me a video of Pit vs ZSS im in very disbelief we dont have the advantage

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure if we pick BF against pit we can reduce the chances of getting hit by the arrows by a lot. Just try to ban him from anystage that he can shoot across the screen. Plus we gotta keep in mind his up b recovery is his main weakness. I know that most of the use the glide to move around for a recovery but it is punishable in most circumstances.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I haven't played any good Pits but I've played plenty of decent ones. One thing is that you will not reliably PS arrows, unlike Falcos lasers. It's just not really feasible when Pit can mix up the angle and charge the arrow. I found that for some reason, most pits are much better at aiming their arrows to curve upwards than downwards, aka if find dashing/shielding/crouching to be more effective than airdodging, at least when you're at mid to long range.

I think we need to figure out exactly how to deal with a Pit who's heavily ledge camping. You can say dsmash, but as you can see in this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvMSo6ldcb0, it's not a perfect answer.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I haven't played any good Pits but I've played plenty of decent ones. One thing is that you will not reliably PS arrows, unlike Falcos lasers. It's just not really feasible when Pit can mix up the angle and charge the arrow. I found that for some reason, most pits are much better at aiming their arrows to curve upwards than downwards, aka if find dashing/shielding/crouching to be more effective than airdodging, at least when you're at mid to long range.

I think we need to figure out exactly how to deal with a Pit who's heavily ledge camping. You can say dsmash, but as you can see in this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvMSo6ldcb0, it's not a perfect answer.
I Vs'd enough pits to learn the timing with over B , We exchange a hit for an arrow if they release it when they see us attack but normally it works out, its only timing and reading when he goes up go for an attack Ive even grabbed a planking pit by accident O.o

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Pit is discussing ZSS, what a coincidence, heh, come to our bored and discuss if you get a chance :)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ZSS loses this. Arrows are annoying, and his stupid down-B is annoyingly effective at being one of the few ways to gimp us regularly.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Annoying? Yes. Avoidable? More yes.
His stupid downB is actually really bad. It also can't really gimp us except if you're mad predictable with downb.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Annoying? Yes. Avoidable? More yes.
His stupid downB is actually really bad. It also can't really gimp us except if you're mad predictable with downb.
DownB is a lot less flexible than you seem to think it is if the opponent knows all the physics, mechanics, and timing of your recovery moves.

solecalibur

Smash Master
ZSS loses this. Arrows are annoying, and his stupid down-B is annoyingly effective at being one of the few ways to gimp us regularly.
Arrows are annoying for all characters but thats what sheilds are for, we are a little more susceptible to getting hit by arrows while off stage but it doesnt render our game at all

DownB is a lot less flexible than you seem to think it is if the opponent knows all the physics, mechanics, and timing of your recovery moves.
Im going to have to be licking pit for him to be gimping me with his down b , We have aerials to

Still Zss' favor . Even at best

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Arrows are annoying for all characters but thats what sheilds are for, we are a little more susceptible to getting hit by arrows while off stage but it doesnt render our game at all

Im going to have to be licking pit for him to be gimping me with his down b , We have aerials to

Still Zss' favor . Even at best
I was referring to our own downB. It's only an excellent recovery move when people don't know how to deal with it. Once you know how ZSS works, her recovery is so slow and unsafe you can punish all of it on reaction timing.

The main issues that ZSS suffers through in this matchup, as in all matchups that she loses, is that if your opponent knows how to powershield your attacks you have nothing that's safe on his shield, and he has an easy time gimping your recovery.

Literally everything this character does has startup time, including aerials if you count the fact that her shorthop places her out of range until she starts to come back down.

Top Bottom