• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble With Roll Spammers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Walk up to them, wait for them to roll behind you, turn around and Ftilt them. If you know they are going to roll behind you, I don't see what the problem is.

CouRt

Smash Cadet
use there roll against them.
shield drop a grenade, they'll most likely roll into you, and just hold the a button.

DUB

Smash Lord
The f-tilt is magical and probably the best bet here.

You can turn and up-tilit or turn and stick a C4 on them too.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
I love roll spammers!

Snake has probably the best tools in the game (f-tilt, AAA, uptilt, C4, short hop d-air, ) to deal with roll spammers. If they're pretty damaged, just stand in f-tilt range and they'll get so antsy they'll roll right into your up tilt or short hop d-air.

Staco

Smash Champion
the roll is rly one of snakes hardest problem
just dont punish his shield and wait for the roll
or mortar slide a lot

and up smash works rly good against this guys

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
staco, snake has one of greatest ranged attacks in the game. how can you say that one of his hardest problems. the post above says it all: f'tilt, aaa ,uptilt, c4,d-air, nades, dropped nikita, up smash. how in the world can you really think snake has trouble with roll spammers?

Teaddiction

Smash Cadet
Easy...put a mine and C4 on your back or your front...whatever and use the Fsmash on the oposite side...it works mostly of the times!...and of course nade shielding

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Or what you can do is stand really far away, like, Ftilt range but the max range of Ftilt. When they roll they'll roll right onto you, just barely in front or behind, close enough for a down air. :)

IxxI

Smash Fence
Thanks for all your help guys. I think I'm just being to impatient. I need to start observing my opponent's behavior.

Staco

Smash Champion
staco, snake has one of greatest ranged attacks in the game. how can you say that one of his hardest problems. the post above says it all: f'tilt, aaa ,uptilt, c4,d-air, nades, dropped nikita, up smash. how in the world can you really think snake has trouble with roll spammers?
a roll makes you move more distance than the distance of a ftilt
and if you ftilt without being close enough to your opponent, he can easy punish you (except he plays a slow char)
if you are close enough to your opponent and ftilt he can shield and then roll behind you
or he can roll behind you, while you are doing your second hit

rolling is one of snakes biggest problems
sure it cant be mentioned as a big problem, because snake hasnt got big problems with anything in this game

and I am not speaking about skilled play, because then rolls wouldnt be a problem for you

I spoke about not so good players, who use snake

and if I play them, its rly easy to roll behind them (it only works against the not so good players)

and the sentence: "rolls are snakes biggest problems" was only for IxxI
because he doesnt seems to be a very good player
and if you are not so good with snake, rolls will be your hardest problem

and snake hasnt got the best tools to deal with roll spammers

if I talk about a roll spammer I think about people, who want to roll behind you (and then often try to grab you)
all of snakes attacks dont hit behind him

its much easier to deal with roll spammers with chars like rob, mk ...
they just can do a dsmash, which hits behinds them

his only good tools against it are playing rly deffensive, so that your opponent cant come close enough to roll behind him (range will help you)
and up smash
and of course you just can attack to the other side at the right moment

granads will hit yourself, too, or, if you shield, you cant do anything else

lol, I rly write to much xD

and pls dont flame me for my bad english, I am not rly good in writing it ^^

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
a roll makes you move more distance than the distance of a ftilt
and if you ftilt without being close enough to your opponent, he can easy punish you (except he plays a slow char)
if you are close enough to your opponent and ftilt he can shield and then roll behind you
or he can roll behind you, while you are doing your second hit

rolling is one of snakes biggest problems
sure it cant be mentioned as a big problem, because snake hasnt got big problems with anything in this game

and I am not speaking about skilled play, because then rolls wouldnt be a problem for you

I spoke about not so good players, who use snake

and if I play them, its rly easy to roll behind them (it only works against the not so good players)

and the sentence: "rolls are snakes biggest problems" was only for IxxI
because he doesnt seems to be a very good player
and if you are not so good with snake, rolls will be your hardest problem

and snake hasnt got the best tools to deal with roll spammers

if I talk about a roll spammer I think about people, who want to roll behind you (and then often try to grab you)
all of snakes attacks dont hit behind him

its much easier to deal with roll spammers with chars like rob, mk ...
they just can do a dsmash, which hits behinds them

his only good tools against it are playing rly deffensive, so that your opponent cant come close enough to roll behind him (range will help you)
and up smash
and of course you just can attack to the other side at the right moment

granads will hit yourself, too, or, if you shield, you cant do anything else

lol, I rly write to much xD

and pls dont flame me for my bad english, I am not rly good in writing it ^^
Rolling gives ANY "not so good" player a problem. This is not universal to Snake.

Staco

Smash Champion
but its a much bigger problem for snake than for other chars ;D
because he has got nothing to hit behind him

-Ran

Smash Master
but its a much bigger problem for snake than for other chars ;D
because he has got nothing to hit behind him
1. Shield Drop Grenade.
2. Approach.
3. Lol as they 'roll' into your grenade? Or roll away? Which can then be dealt with by a Mortar Slide, a Boost Grab [have you seen the range?]... The list goes on.

If you cannot beat a roller, then you aren't particularly good at this game. When someone is rolling they are basically giving up control of their character to the game. They have a set movement that they are going to do in a specific amount of time. If your eyes don't light up to that prospect... Then we can't really help you.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
Dtilt, Ftilt, well-placed Mine, quick activated C4, Dropped grenade can stop any potential rolls

even Usmash can save your life

-Ran

Smash Master
Watch videos of players that do well. They rarely roll. Whenever you roll, you are preventing yourself from being able to counter attack. You just abandon the situation when you roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom