• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Tech: Ganon Super Jump/Flight of Ganon!!!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It seems Ganondorf has surpassed Mario to become the King of Jumps.
The Super Ganon Jump is true! Its secret has been unlocked!
Now, my Kings of Evil, bend it to your will.

Kudos to the "Japanandorf", rihuganon, for providing us with Japan Brawl videos that had us discover such wonderment. --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203264

I now present the Ganondorf Board with FOUR videos that demonstrate this oh so amazing new tech!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRdCXMgXo8 --- My vid
http://www.dailymotion.com/Swoops13/video/x7bgc4_ganon-super-hopz ---Swoops' vid
ALTERNATE SUPER JUMP METHOD!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnA6WSRORlo --- K Prime's vid
*new* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roKcLsTJu0w ---> randomuserguy's vid

To perform this, do wizkick cancel then jump then simultaneously jump+down-b.
The timing is to press jump+down-b as fast as your fingers will allow you immediately after you press the first jump.

Alt. Method (without wizkick): SH and then jump+aerial dodge so that you move upwards while aerial dodging. Then, right as you're about to touch the ground hit jump+down-b at the same time.
EDIT: Hold down once you're in the aerial dodge state so that you only have to press jump+b simultaneously. Also, it seems this works from a FJ and not just SH, which makes sense. Thanks for that find, hyperstation!
*Also check out post #85 on page 6 for hyperstation's insight into this tech and for help on how to execute it*

Useful? Situational? Just plain amazing?

<[_*!DISCUSS!*_]>

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
This is actually potentially major, Dorf's Uair and Dair are **** edgeguards which are only even avoidable by high recoveries. If one could do this consistently it'd solidify Ganondorf's place as the king of anti-air the fact alone that it has to be done from a wizkick cancel means it gets great horizontal and vertical range and speed.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
This is actually potentially major, Dorf's Uair and Dair are **** edgeguards which are only even avoidable by high recoveries. If one could do this consistently it'd solidify Ganondorf's place as the king of anti-air the fact alone that it has to be done from a wizkick cancel means it gets great horizontal and vertical range and speed.
I was just going to say that. This can also be used if you Wizkick over the edge of a stage, right? People who think they can hover high-up to avoid an edgeguarding Ganon are in for a nasty surprise.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
You dont have to do this after a wizkick cancel, it just has to be on land. Wizkick cancel just offers good timing and positioning to do it. You can tell from the first japanese video that it has to be during landing, one frame actually. So no offstage.

I actually am doing this on platforms now. Wizikick over to the other one, then super jump.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This seems like it would be a situational if amazing surprise addition to Ganon's juggling game. Seems like we've gotten a fair bit more technical now eh?

:034:

Smash Hero
Am I the only pessimistic one about this?

I mean, the timing is incredibly hard and it's still really situational. Sure, you can suprise people with it that try to come back high, but that's really it.

It does look really cool though... Wizjump, hehe.

EDIT: THAT'S 1500 POSTS RIGHT THERE, AW YEAH.

OKAY 1501 WHATEVER

Tenki

Smash Hero
You dont have to do this after a wizkick cancel, it just has to be on land. Wizkick cancel just offers good timing and positioning to do it. You can tell from the first japanese video that it has to be during landing, one frame actually. So no offstage.

I actually am doing this on platforms now. Wizikick over to the other one, then super jump.
ohemgee

http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm4289741

You guys have to learn how to do this from a double jump lol.

It's liek the illegitimate child of ISJR and Ganonfloat lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero

I mean, the timing is incredibly hard and it's still really situational. Sure, you can suprise people with it that try to come back high, but that's really it.

If you watch the Japanese video, you can see Ganondorf doing it after a double jump airdodge.

Situational -1000

cool stuff, gotty try it.
Oh, wait, how to cancel a down-B? Sry if its a dumb question.
do a down-B from the edge.

•Col•

Smash Champion
DUDE!!!!

Good for Ganon! ^_^

Would this work for Captain Falcon too, or can only Ganondorf use it because of his jumping animation?

Tenki

Smash Hero
If this works as I think it does (applied ISJR)

D-air > superjump > supguyz.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii

EDIT: THAT'S 1500 POSTS RIGHT THERE, AW YEAH.

OKAY 1501 WHATEVER
I'm actually kind of with you on this one FD. I'm usually not too optimistic when it comes to Ganon techs surfacing, especially when it has a one frame window. If people are able to do it consistently or if it spawns more techs it might be kinda cool.

lol...murder leap?

If this works as I think it does (applied ISJR)

D-air > superjump > supguyz.
D-air barely autocancels and I'm pretty sure there isn't any window to do the supa hop. Unless you were tlking about stom>land>supa hop...>.>. In which case, that might be cool.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I just did it. Once. -_- I had to hold the control pad so that I could use two fingers, though.

:034:

Smash Hero
The 1 frame chance is just so small that I don't think it's really always useful. Unless there is a very easy way to do this, and get this 100%, then I can see the possibilities.

The ISJR is fairly useless for the same reason, it looks fancy and it does have it's uses, but the absurd timing makes it near useless when being chased by your opponent.

Although dair -> wizjump sounds super sexy.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I've done the super jump four times now. Three in the space of a minute.

It actually helps if you hit someone with your Wizkick.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it. I'm not even bothering to time my jump properly when I hit someone and it's working 60% of the time. Without hitting anyone with the Wizkick it's much harder.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Dude, this is beyond epic. I thought we wouldnt find any other ganon techniques...but looky here!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Dude, this is beyond epic. I thought we wouldnt find any other ganon techniques...but looky here!
Fully agree with you. If we (the Japanese, in particular) as astonishing as this, I'm sure there are more to come.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
So can we actually do the super jump without the Wizkick trick? One of those Japanese videos shows a Ganon doing it from a standing start. It seems to be linked to this ISJR thing, which I'm currently learning about.

(PS: what does it mean to "buffer" a jump? :embarrass )

Tenki

Smash Hero
So can we actually do the super jump without the Wizkick trick? One of those Japanese videos shows a Ganon doing it from a standing start. It seems to be linked to this ISJR thing, which I'm currently learning about.

(PS: what does it mean to "buffer" a jump? :embarrass )
buffering is doing the input juuust before your previous animation/state ends, so that the game reads and performs it as soon as humanly possible.

D-air barely autocancels and I'm pretty sure there isn't any window to do the supa hop. Unless you were tlking about stom>land>supa hop...>.>. In which case, that might be cool.
Well, the other way to do it was to Double jump-airdodge ISJR landing > super jump.

Since D-air is one of Ganon's fastest aerials, I was wondering if (provided that you learn the timing for a D-air ISJR) maybe SH D-air > buffer a superjump would work.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
>.> It's his second slowest aerial...which technically makes it his 3rd fastest if you want to be optimistic :p

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I thank ye.

From the Japanese videos it doesn't even seem as though they use an aerial. It's just double jump > air dodge > jump + Wizard Kick. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Either way, this is frighteningly easy to pull off from a Wizard Kick cancel. I can now do it 95% of the time on Final Destination by using the floor markings as a guide. You need to press the buttons just on/slightly after the centre diamond.

Tenki

Smash Hero
>.> It's his second slowest aerial...which technically makes it his 3rd fastest if you want to be optimistic :p
Either way, is it possible to completely finish the D-air before you land? If that's so, then a sh delayed D-air might just be able to make this work via ISJR.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
The timing window for it is actually really easy to get used to. I can do it consistently offline and I can do it about 75% of the time online, should be a nice little trick for cypher happy snakes.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
A simple way to preform this or memorize this, whatever you wish to call it, would be inputting the same commands as you would put for getting the ending lag of Ganon's Down B special, which is jumping and pressing down B fast.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I'm going to confirm as well that the timing of this move isn't as strict as most think, it is only 1 frame but the cue and input is surprisingly lenient. Also if you connect Wickick on someone or anything really the frame allowance is extended and even easier to do. This move is most definitely not situational, its a solid new option to Dorf's arsenal.

I will say however I don't like the double jump version, not only is it slightly harder to do but its also slower in general. Part of the surprise of this move comes from how freakin fast Ganny springs up.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I will say however I don't like the double jump version, not only is it slightly harder to do but its also slower in general. Part of the surprise of this move comes from how freakin fast Ganny springs up.
But it's more useful if you can do the DJ / ISJR (?) version -

http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm4289741 (remember to hit the bottom right button of the video player to get rid of text)

If you wanna be able to do something like follow up a stomp from the top of the level (0:17), or edgeguard a Snake (0:26), I really doubt you wanna go rolling/running to the edge just to do it from the center of the stage lol.

TP

Smash Master
Notes:

1) It is extremely easy to do from a wizkick after 5 minutes of practice.
2) I have yet to succeed in any form besides the wizkick.
3) I find hitting someone with the wizkick makes it much harder to do. Weird.

And most importantly...

4) You don't have to let go of down after starting the wizkick, so the super jump only requires you to press jump and B. As I said, very easy.

Now then, we need more testing! From competent people, unlike myself!

TRY IT FROM FALLSPECIAL PLEASE THANKS OMGWTFBBGHAXORS.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
4) You don't have to let go of down after starting the wizkick, so the super jump only requires you to press jump and B. As I said, very easy.
Jumping requires you to press Up, making you let go of down on the control stick. That is unless you use X/Y to jump.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
What's ISJR landing?
And can you do this continuously? Like, infinite high jump? Idk cuz Idk what an ISJR landing is, lol.

Top Bottom