• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT: Ledge Float Cancelling /w new video!

Niko_K

Smash Master
So we are all familiar with Insta Floating from the ledge right? I found a neat little trick that will add to the things we can do from the ledge. As soon as you grab the ledge, do this insta float. Though the second the insta float starts, press down b to cancel this float with a turnip pull. If done fast enough, you will pull your turnip while keeping most of your invincibility from the ledge. Considering pulling a turnip is the SLOWEST thing a peach main can do, this really helps make it safer.

This isn't the main thing though, this can be used to cancel your insta float into any attack or movement you deem necessary. You can insta float cancel to jab, dash grab, ftilt. Anything.

You can attain up to 12 frames of invincibility with this AT.

How this is done:

Grab the ledge (lol)
X+Down to float
Release X immediately as float starts
Input any action here (turnip pull, jab, glide toss)

Play around with it a little bit and tell me whatchya think.

NEW VIDEO!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CxLFT77-OY

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
^^^ its about a second or a second in a half. so that would be at least 60 to 90 frames

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thats exactly it in terms of pulling a turnip. For those turnip free pullers you can use that off the ledge too.

Essentially its cancelling the insta float ASAP and then inputting whatever you deem necessary.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I'm likin' this find. Good stuff. Can never have to many ledge options considering I hate being trapped there.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
i wasn't sure how you would turnip cancel it though since you are using up invincibility frames dashing towards the stages, and it didnt seem like there was any I-frames left when i was dashing. too slow perhaps? probably.

Niko_K

Smash Master
i wasn't sure how you would turnip cancel it though since you are using up invincibility frames dashing towards the stages, and it didnt seem like there was any I-frames left when i was dashing.
Oh I know. Theres only enough invincibility for one action. It was just speculation of what else you could do off the ledge.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ill be making a video tonight showing the difference uses.

I will dub this "AT," Ledge Float Cancelling.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
Before I saw this topic, I was wondering how I was able to do a Ftilt (I was going for Fair, but I suppose I did something different without knowing) so unexpectedly and quickly while instant-floating after jumping off the ledge one time while facing an Olimar. I don't think my opponent was expecting this since he went flying by that kick. <3

Well now I know what happened after reading this.

Neat find, Niko. The instant-floating canceling can catch people who do not expect this off-guard.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Lol, I wish I had a Wii so I could actually practice this =P. But seeing as I only get to play once or twice a week (weeklies/fests) that's one more trick in your bag that you'll have against me xD.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, isn't this like the vid NinjaLink put up known as 'Floatland?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYB1zqJ810

This vid was shown at the semi beginning of the SSBB release. Basically, you can do a jump and then fast fall to near instantly get on the ledge faster. You can even add attacks such as nair if you're quick enough.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I just came back from friendlies at Percon's house, and this really is too awesome. Glide toss from the ledge to slaps. Everything off the ledge <3

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
WOW Niko i thought u seen me put up this video a LONG time ago. As Rockin said, I already discovered this. Floatlanding keeping ur invincibility frames and do whatever.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
WOW Niko i thought u seen me put up this video a LONG time ago. As Rockin said, I already discovered this. Floatlanding keeping ur invincibility frames and do whatever.
I saw this thread and said nothing at all. I wanted for you to come in here sooner or later and burst his bubble on this. We even spoke about this in my Peach guide thread.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I saw this thread and said nothing at all. I wanted for you to come in here sooner or later and burst his bubble on this. We even spoke about this in my Peach guide thread.
Don't get all high and mighty Mr. "Look at these 5 pillars I created"

There was no "Look what I discovered! My NikoK Floatlandinvincibility WavedashdanceEverythingCanada", he even referenced the technique to start off with and talked about applications for its use. i dont think its bad to talk about using the invincibility frames. If Edreese were to talk about yet another (lol) application for FAir, you wouldnt go in there and tell him that "God, we know FAir has range since the first day."

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

There was no "Look what I discovered! My NikoK Floatlandinvincibility WavedashdanceEverythingCanada", he even referenced the technique to start off with and talked about applications for its use. i dont think its bad to talk about using the invincibility frames. If Edreese were to talk about yet another (lol) application for FAir, you wouldnt go in there and tell him that "God, we know FAir has range since the first day."
Hes just sayin that this has been discovered before. Niko kinda wanted to name the AT but it already has a name.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Hes just sayin that this has been discovered before. Niko kinda wanted to name the AT but it already has a name.
What he said. so if you feel the need to lash out at me cause of some hate or w/e you have against me, please PM me or instant message me. And keep it out of threads, Don't start with me if I say nothing to you period. that is all.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
He acknowledged the existing technique and talked about the applications--about the name, got me there :p

Its the attitude that starts problems. If he didnt want to start anything, he shouldnt have piggybacked when someone else (you) came in. I mean, they both bug eachother enough as it is (i mean, its funny to watch for me :p), but the resulting BAWWW'ing is always lame to have to sift through :p

Edit: If you cant stand any criticism, get off the internet plz. He did 1/5 of what you did, and you're acting all high and mighty. You dont have to say anything to me directly for me to correct you, I'm just be a responsible peach board citizen here :p

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
He acknowledged the existing technique and talked about the applications--about the name, got me there :p

Its the attitude that starts problems. If he didnt want to start anything, he shouldnt have piggybacked when someone else (you) came in. I mean, they both bug eachother enough as it is (i mean, its funny to watch for me :p), but the resulting BAWWW'ing is always lame to have to sift through :p

Edit: If you cant stand any criticism, get off the internet plz. He did 1/5 of what you did, and you're acting all high and mighty. You dont have to say anything to me directly for me to correct you, I'm just be a responsible peach board citizen here :p
If u re-read the first post he isn't talking about my technique. Hes talking about floating for the ledge for an attack. Not talking about canceling the float. Hes saying the cancel part is new.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Everyone arounds here knows I dont't like the kid at all. so if I see a small attempt to get at him, then I will, and what I said was nothing serious for how you came at me like that. it was a small comment and nothing major to lead into a fight. I just pointed it that this was already found out. But I wanted NL to come in here and tell him that instead of me.

And I did not want to start anything with YOU. You came to me with your post and I am like "the hell I did to you?" Not sure what you have towards me but, oh well.

But I smell a fight coming on ether from Niko or someone who likes him or thinks he is better than me, so I will just walk out of here and let this thread be. i'll let NinjaLink find more broken stuff with Peach and then i abuse them.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Everyone arounds here knows I dont't like the kid at all. so if I see a small attempt to get at him, then I will, and what I said was nothing serious for how you came at me like that. it was a small comment and nothing major to lead into a fight. I just pointed it that this was already found out. But I wanted NL to come in here and tell him that instead of me.

And I did not want to start anything with YOU. You came to me with your post and I am like "the hell I did to you?" Not sure what you have towards me but, oh well.

But I smell a fight coming on ether from Niko or someone who likes him or thinks he is better than me, so I will just walk out of here and let this thread be. i'll let NinjaLink find more broken stuff with Peach and then i abuse them.
I found most of the broken stuff a LONG time ago if u refer to my Peach Tech Playlist on youtube. I never bothered to add Triangle jumping ^_^.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Boo, all that broken stuff is so few months ago. triangle jumping was a melee though so that would not be too much of a discovery. But due to the games engine, I assume it be different. But I would not know. Never used it in melee.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Boo, all that broken stuff is so few months ago. triangle jumping was a melee though so that would not be too much of a discovery. But due to the games engine, I assume it be different. But I would not know. Never used it in melee.
Exactly. I kno the 'annotation' i believe it would be called to do it. Some others prolly kno how.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
But the air dodge movement is not all that in this game to do an affective triangle jump. thats what is throwing me off here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
De que diablo.....

Just how would you do it, or you said you have done it for that matter (if I recall right when we as at that tournament in CT)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thanks for spamming up my thread.

Ninjalink I understand that you discovered how to instafloat. This is just taking it to the next level, speculating new applications that extend this AT further. All you discovered is that you can insta float from the ledge. I mentioned the existing AT and took it to the next level.

You didn't discover that you can glide toss from the ledge to slaps, or to do all your moves off of the ledge. NOWHERE did you mention these things. Which is why this thread exists.

So Dark.Pch and Ninjalink, you guys have been glide tossing off the ledge forever right?

I did see you put up the video. It was of floating off of the ledge. You never mentioned anything about "doing whatever" from the ledge. Which is what this essentially is.

Ill be posting a video within the next hour showing a bunch of applications of this AT.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Geez, just take this thread as a "Floatland applications" and that's it

edit: he beat me to it >_>

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanks for spamming up my thread.

Ninjalink I understand that you discovered how to instafloat. This is just taking it to the next level, speculating new applications that extend this AT further. All you discovered is that you can insta float from the ledge. I mentioned the existing AT and took it to the next level.

You didn't discover that you can glide toss from the ledge to slaps, or to do all your moves off of the ledge. NOWHERE did you mention these things. Which is why this thread exists.

So Dark.Pch and Ninjalink, you guys have been glide tossing off the ledge forever right?
The fact u called it a different name, u make it seem as if ur doin something different. U call it instafloat when i call it floatland. I understand ur showing what this can lead to. But the fact ur able to do any action from this isnt exactly discovering anything. U just act like ur on the ground like always but i understand the point of this thread. Just showing what can be done.

No Prob ^_^

I just did something like this in the ganon forums. Edgecancelled wizards foot. Broken lol like the super jump.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I think you're trying to take a bit too much credit. I would consider this a discovery considering it's never been done or used in matches.

I'll be making a video shortly.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Has nothin to do with credit. If u really think about it....ur just taking advantage of invincibility frames and taking that time to pull a turnip/glidetoss etc. U can always say ur the first to do this consistently in matches. Just saying its not like u done a different tech all together.

The floatland to turnip cancel is a great idea. Actually didnt think of that. But wouldnt that be hard being u have a be a certain distance from the ledge to actually cancel the turnip pull?

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
You guys are like little girls (dare i say princesses? LOL) arguing over little things, its cute ^^;

I dont fully understand this. While you're pulling the turnip, are you still invincible?

Top Bottom