• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of aerials combinations Mario can do in one short hop

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ok, some of this stuff might be obvious but some of it might not. This is not a combo or string list right now this is just everything Mario can do out of one SH reguarding aerials.

Uair to Uair

Uair to Nair

Uair to Bair

Uair to Dair

Bair to Uair

Bair to Nair

Bair to Bair

Bair to Dair

Dair to Uair

Dair to Nair

Dair to Dair

Ok, now these are combinations that Mario can do with the cape in one SH. The impressive stuff is that he can do three "aerials", that includes the cape as an aerial, in one SH.

Cape to Fair

Cape to Uair

Cape to Nair

Cape to Bair

Cape to Dair

Uair to Cape to Uair

Uair to Cape to Nair

Uair to Cape to Bair

Uair to Cape to Dair

Mario can't do as much stuff as Luigi in one SH but he still can do a lot more than any other character.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I love Mario's combo ability. I got a Donkey Kong to 0% to 70% all in one string and I ALMOST spiked him at the end of it, but it didn't sweetspot. T_T

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm...well it depends if you hit someone while doing d-air it'll lag while hitting them, and you will fall only very slightly, so you can do another d-air. At least I think so, but you can always do another aerial after d-air, maybe your fast-falling it?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You have to be close. SH D-air while you're jumping up, and you'll end the attack while you're in the air.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
You have to be close. SH D-air while you're jumping up, and you'll end the attack while you're in the air.
Yes, and no you don't have to be hitting someone. Dair combinations are just really hard to do, much harder than double Bair. Just try it in 1/4 training speed.

PS: I use a little trick to make it a little easier to do.

If only the cape spun people in shield like Melee...

Does it do damage to shields?
Yes, not a lot but it does dmg shields.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
This thread is kinda needed. Although many of us regular mario mainers have already known this, maybe this might influence some noobs onto marios plate.

The more inspired mario mainers the better...

We should expand on this and go into more link up combos that auto cancels on certain frames later on.

ie. like a well timed FH fair into a usmash, one of the many favorite 'faint' gestures mario has..

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't understand how Dair can go into any of those...anytime I try to do an SH Dair I go to the ground before I can do another aerial
You have to do a buffered SH D-air to N-air. It's not hard at all. If you know how to autocancel Ganondorf's D-air, it should be very simple to do this.

Make sure to land behind your opponent so that you don't get shield grabbed.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
*bump*

I don't expect this to get stickied but we should definetely put this information somewhere...

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm...maybe this should be in Mario_101's Ultimate Mario Thread. This information will be really useful to new/experienced players.

Generally I don't really do double aerials, because online, it's very difficult. At least I find.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Hmm...maybe this should be in Mario_101's Ultimate Mario Thread. This information will be really useful to new/experienced players.

Generally I don't really do double aerials, because online, it's very difficult. At least I find.
Some of them are mentioned in his guide but they're kind of bundled together and disorganized.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what does buffer mean?
Brawl has a system that allows you to input commands a few frames before your character is in a state where they can initiate a new command.

Say, like, you are spotdodging. You can almost always guarantee that you can get off a D-smash as fast as possible by simply mashing C stick down because the game reads the input for D-smash before the spotdodge is finished.

In Melee, there is no buffering. You have to time everything precisely. This includes initiating aerial attacks from a jump. You actually have to wait a split second for your character to jump before you can initiate an aerial attack. In Brawl, you don't have to wait at all. You can simply put your thumb on the Y button and A button and in a wavelike motion press the Y button, then the A button immediately after, and the game will allow you to always pull out an aerial attack on the first frame you leave from the ground.

This is how Ganondorf does frame-perfect autocancels. All characters benefit from this in fact, and with Mario, if you do a buffered SH D-air, it finishes up before you hit the ground and you can do another aerial (N-air, U-air, or D-air) before you land.

Baseballfan1456

Smash Rookie
Brawl has a system that allows you to input commands a few frames before your character is in a state where they can initiate a new command.

Say, like, you are spotdodging. You can almost always guarantee that you can get off a D-smash as fast as possible by simply mashing C stick down because the game reads the input for D-smash before the spotdodge is finished.

In Melee, there is no buffering. You have to time everything precisely. This includes initiating aerial attacks from a jump. You actually have to wait a split second for your character to jump before you can initiate an aerial attack. In Brawl, you don't have to wait at all. You can simply put your thumb on the Y button and A button and in a wavelike motion press the Y button, then the A button immediately after, and the game will allow you to always pull out an aerial attack on the first frame you leave from the ground.

This is how Ganondorf does frame-perfect autocancels. All characters benefit from this in fact, and with Mario, if you do a buffered SH D-air, it finishes up before you hit the ground and you can do another aerial (N-air, U-air, or D-air) before you land.
Thanks for the help, but if you don't mind, could you point me to some videos that show buffered Dairs?

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone upload of video of Uair > Cape > Bair? Everytime I do it I end up using the cape but right after land on the floor. Maybe I'm just slow.....

And I've seen Boss do Bair > Uair > Jab a lot in his vis

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Can anyone upload of video of Uair > Cape > Bair? Everytime I do it I end up using the cape but right after land on the floor. Maybe I'm just slow.....

And I've seen Boss do Bair > Uair > Jab a lot in his vis
Best I could do is send you a replay; I don't have a recorder or a SD card...

Top Bottom